Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Can it even advertise things that aren't Twix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I could sure use a Twix.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo that is amazingly terrible, what the hell are they thinking?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Deadpool posted:

Holy poo poo that is amazingly terrible, what the hell are they thinking?

"We need to reset the counter!"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That was Chris Burnham who deleted his Twix tweet. I hope he didn't get in any big trouble about it :ohdear:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He also said they're in all the new DC books. And they're all two pages so it's that and the page opposite it. Thank God I only get digital books now because I don't think I would buy a physical copy with that in it at all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Do we know if those ads are here to stay or if just something for the number 1s?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Do we know if those ads are here to stay or if just something for the number 1s?

They are totally going to be around to stay, at least until DC finally submerges that sinking ship all the way underwater.

Either that, or you kill the internet to revive print media.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
DC's long-standing tradition of defying my expectations has reached a firm middleground.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I imagine doing it for the #1s is because June is such a highly publicized month, cramming more as in means more revenue when orders are certain to be in high numbers for many of these books.

But god why on the interior pages, that's just insultingly bad. Nobody wants to pick up a comic and have their reading interrupted by the equivalent of a pop-up ad. Just toss in an extra page of ad-space, don't gently caress with the creators and their stories like this.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
What happened to the books Mystic U and Dark Universe. Did they get cancelled?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Alucard Nacirema posted:

What happened to the books Mystic U and Dark Universe. Did they get cancelled?

Mystic U is still happening iirc but Dark Universe might have been dropped for now since Tynion and Doyle dropped out due to workload (they're already doing Hellblazer)

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North

lotus circle posted:

I imagine doing it for the #1s is because June is such a highly publicized month, cramming more as in means more revenue when orders are certain to be in high numbers for many of these books.

But god why on the interior pages, that's just insultingly bad. Nobody wants to pick up a comic and have their reading interrupted by the equivalent of a pop-up ad. Just toss in an extra page of ad-space, don't gently caress with the creators and their stories like this.

Having worked in consumer products supported by advertising - once you create a new ad unit for advertisers, it'll always be on the table. Advertisers are always asking for new, better, and more intrusive ad units to get in front of consumers before the ad format becomes ruined/ignored (display ads).

At first it'll be a premium rate and only on special occasions - maybe twice a year or quarterly. Then it'll be every week. It may only be planned for one month now, but this is not the end of it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Abraham Lincoln posted:

Having worked in consumer products supported by advertising - once you create a new ad unit for advertisers, it'll always be on the table. Advertisers are always asking for new, better, and more intrusive ad units to get in front of consumers before the ad format becomes ruined/ignored (display ads).

At first it'll be a premium rate and only on special occasions - maybe twice a year or quarterly. Then it'll be every week. It may only be planned for one month now, but this is not the end of it.
B...But Greg Capullo has been assured by top men!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Capullo and Snyder forced DC to drop the price of Batman back to $4. If this becomes a regular thing I'm sure they'll step up over it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Damnit DC, I just added about 5 of your new titles to my pull list and you go and do this bullshit. I try split up my physical copies/digital copies evenly but this is really making me reconsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New thread since the new comics are coming out this week.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723007

• Locked thread