Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Okay it turns out 25 laps would be over 2 hours which isn't a legal race length. How about 13?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shocking to no one, reddit hates the car list.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Neogaf is all saying its terrible where is my Japanese cars and Chevy's and 100 Skyline variants. Look what happened to poor Mclaren when they teamed up with the Japanese to make a race car!

It is a motorsport simulator not a car collector.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

I don't know I just made it up for that post! How about we do it after launch.

That would be perfect actually.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

cheesetriangles posted:

Neogaf is all saying its terrible where is my Japanese cars and Chevy's and 100 Skyline variants. Look what happened to poor Mclaren when they teamed up with the Japanese to make a race car!

It is a motorsport simulator not a car collector.

Very obvious who's played sims on the pc vs those who have only known console releases.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No Suzuka is the real god drat crime.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

cheesetriangles posted:

No Suzuka is the real god drat crime.

Funny way of saying Road Atlanta.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Funny way of saying Road Atlanta.

You're not wrong.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not having a C6.r or C7.r is kind of a bummer.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think there are one or two cars on here that you omitted, like the lotus 72d

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

neogaf idiot posted:

Hell, the majority of the tracks in the game are sorta quirky ones that you wouldn't expect but were mysteriously also present in the studio's old NFS Shift games.

This game is going to bomb on PS4 and Xbone so hard when people like this are those consoles user base.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

ethanol posted:

you aren't really going to do 25 are you? 25 ????

There's at least one 24 hour endurance race. 25 laps is nothing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I cannot wait to sit in my chair for 24 hours and race the whole time because I have no one to take over driving for me. After that I will pick the bits of my exploded bladder off my desk.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

cheesetriangles posted:

This game is going to bomb on PS4 and Xbone so hard when people like this are those consoles user base.
What the gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone in that thread unironically said high speed ring was better than Spa. But Neogaf to the ground.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With like two exceptions, all of the tracks rare real world and featured in other racing games.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Has there been any questions about a boost button on the thread?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Someone in that thread unironically said high speed ring was better than Spa. But Neogaf to the ground.

Spa is the track I find myself going back to in any game. So great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Linux Nazi posted:

Spa is the track I find myself going back to in any game. So great.

Spa and Road Atland flow so well. That's why I like 'em.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw this uploaded on Steam

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Saw this uploaded on Steam

:cumpolice:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Without any spray that looks like someone's night-time scalextric diorama.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Despite not being up for pre order, any digital copy of PCARS comes with the limited edition and modified car packs. No need to pre order to secure those.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Despite not being up for pre order, any digital copy of PCARS comes with the limited edition and modified car packs. No need to pre order to secure those.

Thank god, I was worried about that for the PS4 version. Now i'm not gonna stress it anymore.

I wish I could get the PC version working correctly. :/ I can't run the game full screen, and the Nurburgring won't load for me.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

It's up for preorder all over the place so I'm not sure what this post means.

e: Oh is this about the console versions?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hopterque posted:

It's not up digitally for all regions on consoles.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

hopterque posted:

Yea, specifically PSN US.

I just checked the website. The digital edition is it's own unique thing not tied to a pre-order.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Nice I just caught a guy playing a pirated copy of project cars on twitch. It still had stock cars, unlicensed track names and was time stamped october 2014. Way to be obvious guy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

cheesetriangles posted:

Nice I just caught a guy playing a pirated copy of project cars on twitch. It still had stock cars, unlicensed track names and was time stamped october 2014. Way to be obvious guy.

Yea that's the leaked Build 834.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I reported him to twitch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah that is a hella outdated version of the game with a lot of poo poo missing and buggy.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cheesetriangles posted:

I reported him to twitch.

Why?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Because he was played a half a year old buggy version of the game that might make people not buy it because of bugs / roughness.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The kinds of things that people on NeoGAF have considered dealbreakers include:
  • An unfinished build of the game not maintaining 60 fps with 45 cars on-screen and torrential rain
  • They're considering making a sequel
  • Karts are being included

Joke's on me for reading that poo poo. The whole site's one giant knee-jerk response.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone that hates karts has obviously not raced super karts. I finished my season one of my career in the regular karts and got a contract for a super kart team and God are those things fun. I don't know why I bother reading discussion on that site instead of just getting news from it. People comparing Pcars to forza and gt when the level of simulation is totally different. They are not the same genre of course Pcars doesn't have hundreds of cars. I don't need to worry about my brakes and tires being cold in forza.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Anyone that hates karts has obviously not done a full one lap race of the nurburgring, at night, in gran turismo 5 or 6. I remember that we did this once in the goon GT5 league and it was the loving greatest thing because the karts don't have headlights so it was just pitch black. We had like 16 people or so and the race was just constantly people slamming into each other/walls/etc in the pitch black.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Karts are also a good entry point for a career in racing, so you'd have to be an idiot to think it doesn't belong in the game.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

The karts are awesome in this game. Great sensation of speed in the 125cc ones, and the racing is good too; you have to find a spot where the AI is slow and plan out how to get a run there, etc. The superkarts I can hardly believe actually exist and that the people that drive them are still alive.

I think people who are used to Gran Turismo and Forza don't realize that road cars are basically crappy to drive on a track, and if you're going to drive race cars you don't need thousands of different models, just good coverage of all the major types of racing series. Gran Turismo-style "racing" where the cars are all mismatched and you're meant to go from 12th to 1st in 3 laps really doesn't make much sense.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, take Sportscar Racing for example.

You've got the Audi R18, 2 decent "fictional" LMP1s, the Oreca LMP2 car and another pair of "fictional" ones, as well as the main LMP3 car, several GT3,4 and even 5.

In a race, you'll never notice the difference between that and lots of models. Only reason to do more would be to recreate the entire real LeMans field, which would be loving amazing tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

cheesetriangles posted:

Anyone that hates karts has obviously not raced super karts. I finished my season one of my career in the regular karts and got a contract for a super kart team and God are those things fun. I don't know why I bother reading discussion on that site instead of just getting news from it. People comparing Pcars to forza and gt when the level of simulation is totally different. They are not the same genre of course Pcars doesn't have hundreds of cars. I don't need to worry about my brakes and tires being cold in forza.

There's an indoor kart racing place nearby that has 45MPH karts. I had to go through a 2-day training course just to get a license that allows me to drive without the speed governor. 45MPH in a go kart on a little babby go kart track is FAST and fun as poo poo. If it wasn't $30 for 3 races, I'd probably go there every day. Better than autocross in your own car, if only for the air conditioning and lesser wait times.

• Locked thread