Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.pcgamer.com/eas-chief-creative-officer-says-their-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/

quote:

EA's chief creative officer Richard Hilleman thinks the publisher's games might still be too hard for potential new players. He said as much during an on-stage interview during the DICE Summit in Las Vegas.

"Our games are actually still too hard to learn," Hilleman said, as reported by Gamespot. "The average player probably spends two hours to learn how to play the most basic game. And asking for two hours of somebody's time--most of our customers, between their normal family lives...to find two contiguous hours to concentrate on learning how to play a video game is a big ask."

i for one agree with richard

what do you find hard about EA games?

like for me in simpsons: tapped out

how the gently caress do you know where to put the buildings!!!!!

i dont know how to do that poo poo and im not spending more than a few seconds on a game i paid for before i give up and go jack off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The egoraptor video on megaman

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think call of duty has too many controls, like you have one stick to move and one stick to look around what the f*ck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I imagine the intent of his statement is that there is a lot of bs you need to read before you start a game of COD because they've been making the same game for a decade and now there are like 5000 menus you need to page through so you can equip a new gun or whatever.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Dear Dick Hill Man,

Please continue to dumb down your lovely corridor shooters until they're vegetative, so we can pull the plug, tia

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Average Bear posted:

The egoraptor video on megaman

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schnedwob posted:

Please continue to dumb down your lovely corridor shooters until they're vegetative, so we can pull the plug, tia

Did you by chance save that awesome sig you made for me?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Black Baby Goku posted:

Did you by chance save that awesome sig you made for me?

Think so, I'll check when I'm home

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schnedwob posted:

Think so, I'll check when I'm home

Thank you

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I imagine the intent of his statement is that there is a lot of bs you need to read before you start a game of COD because they've been making the same game for a decade and now there are like 5000 menus you need to page through so you can equip a new gun or whatever.

MW3's weapon selection menu is probably one of the worst things in the entire series

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
next cod is a rail shooter, even in mp

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hmmm. Seems we live in a decaying Hell world after all. Thanks for the thread, OP.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Well when there are leveling systems or whatever that gate a ton of the actually useful weapons and abilities it can be pretty lame to be a new player.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

El Wombato posted:

next cod is a rail shooter, even in mp

I'd legit play a mode that was your team trying to get through a place that other people can fortify, like Counter-Agent in Perfect Dark but less janky and suicide pill filled.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Hmmm. Seems we live in a decaying Hell world after all. Thanks for the thread, OP.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh wait, Assault in UT already exists, and is good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's not even a "UT Sucks My Nards" lol either.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doctor Goat posted:

I Did Not LIke Assault In Unreal Tournemant.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I should have said I have fun with it, because I know it's not very good. But I like hispeed, frigate, and oceanfloor in ut99 a lot.

so with that being the case it wasn't even be possible for a good company to make a hallway fps, so i don't think activision could do it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EA doesnt make call of duty tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I Did Not LIke Assault In Unreal Tournemant.

i love the idea of asymmetric objectives in FPS games but UT assault was not a good take on it

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope you get probated for this you human being.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
wahahatch where you're going~!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

huniepop made anime real

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
those legs are cool and make you faster than a normal person in straightaways

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Eonwe posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/eas-chief-creative-officer-says-their-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/

i for one agree with richard

what do you find hard about EA games?

like for me in simpsons: tapped out

how the gently caress do you know where to put the buildings!!!!!

i dont know how to do that poo poo and im not spending more than a few seconds on a game i paid for before i give up and go jack off

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Eonwe posted:

huniepop made anime real

Holy hell, she was inspired by the Fun For Freedom Ultra Hardcore MineCraft of July 3rd, 2013.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ive never read homestuck myself

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Eonwe posted:

ive never read homestuck myself

Watch me Swooce right in.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Holy hell, she was inspired by the Fun For Freedom Ultra Hardcore MineCraft of July 3rd, 2013.

Lol.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKcymhoqmo&t=325s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

• Locked thread