Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright. Everybody has checked in and 2 players are confirmed to be late. Since the first game does not have mandatory participation we will be moving forward with the game shortly. I'm just going to go over the scheduling briefly and then I will announce a starting time .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:siren: We are starting at 2:20, which is in 5 minutes

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Welcome to episode 1 of One Weekend Ultimate Reality game.

Let's a take a look at the coin count for today's episode:

code:
Asiina 			50
Hiipfire 		50
Little Mac 		50
Magnus Gallant 		50
Murmur Twin 		50
Pinterest Mom 		50
Power of Pecota 	50
Superrodan 		50 
Vivanova 		50

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I saw all of that.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Same

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Since the game has begun, you can now talk to other players about game related things. We are in Open Communication mode right now

Our first game will be a flash game. When I link the game, you will have 22 minutes to play and post a screencap of your progress in the thread.

You are not required to post a screencap, but if you don’t you will not have a chance to get immunity or coins.

This is a puzzle game and if you complete the level in a small number of moves you can get lightbulbs. You can redo levels as many times as you like. The two players who reached the highest levels win immunity. If more than 2 players tie for the highest level than the first two who submitted their screenshot get immunity.

At the end, regardless of what you place, all your lightbulbs are converted into coins.

:siren:if you click on your lightbulbs, you will lose one lightbulb and the game will do one move for you. :siren:

The lightbulb moves will move towards the ‘par solution’ so if you’ve made the wrong move it will undo it and if you’ve made no moves and just click the lightbulb a bunch you will get par. use this information as you will.

The red arrow points towards your lightbulb count. The number after the word level is the number of levels you have completed.

During this challenge, please do not tell solutions to other players, although you are free to talk about anything else

Questions?

Jump King fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 7, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
do you have to post screenshots after every level or at the end of the time limit?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if I understand but I guess we'll figure it out?

I want to make my first official game post to say that I will not be scheming in this game. The last time I played a game like this it was too emotionally draining. This time I'm here to hang out, play some fun challenges (I love challenges!), and have a good weekend.

I won't be seeking any alliances out. If you want to chat or form some sort of agreement that's fine. I won't lie to anyone for you, but I won't reveal anything said to me in confidence either.

I'm trying a new thing and I really want to stick to it, which is why I'm saying this publicly. I'm want to be accountable to this philosophy for as long as I'm in this game.

Let's all have a fun weekend!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

do you have to post screenshots after every level or at the end of the time limit?

Just one at the end of the time limit.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Just one at the end of the time limit.

coo'

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

The lightbulb moves will move towards the ‘par solution’ so if you’ve made the wrong move it will undo it and if you’ve made no moves and just click the lightbulb a bunch you will get par. use this information as you will.

I don't know what this sentence means!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I don't know what this sentence means!

It will make more sense when you're in the game. It's hard to describe but basically clicking lightbulbs will cause the game to solve the puzzle for you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Link will be posted in 10 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But you lose your lightbulbs?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

It will make more sense when you're in the game. It's hard to describe but basically clicking lightbulbs will cause the game to solve the puzzle for you.

To clarify, it's a sliding puzzle. Clicking a lightbulb will make a single 'correct' slide. You earn lightbulbs by completing levels in or under the recommended # of moves without using lightbulbs.

edit: Yes, you will lose your lightbulbs when you click on them.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think it's gonna be puzzles about getting something to a correct destination by moving multiple pieces. Maybe like a laser/mirror game or something. And so you have a certain amount of moves to do it in. If you do it in less than the number they give you they give you a "bulb". So the bulbs tell you one of the moves to get par.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jon joe posted:

To clarify, it's a sliding puzzle. Clicking a lightbulb will make a single 'correct' slide. You earn lightbulbs by completing levels in or under the recommended # of moves without using lightbulbs.

edit: Yes, you will lose your lightbulbs when you click on them.

Actually you still get lightbulbs even if you use lightbulbs to get the shortest solution.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Link will be posted in 5 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

http://armorgames.com/play/16033/quebrix

22 minutes to post your screenshot

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

10 minutes to submit your screenshot.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

5 minutes to submit your screenshot

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Alternative screenshot for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Post submissions in thread please

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

just kidding

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

huzzah

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oh whoops

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

2 minutes

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

bigger

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

WAIT

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fixed

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TIME UP

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

aww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm home please don't start yet!

oh

• Locked thread