Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Hey everyone. I talked a bit in the skype room but I wanted to formally wish everyone good luck tomorrow!

It will be fun to participate in my second forums game ever and as many of you know, even if I lose I'll still hang out and watch what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'm here but goddamn there were a lot of messages overnight and I'm reading as fast as I can to make sure I missed nothing important.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think it's gonna be puzzles about getting something to a correct destination by moving multiple pieces. Maybe like a laser/mirror game or something. And so you have a certain amount of moves to do it in. If you do it in less than the number they give you they give you a "bulb". So the bulbs tell you one of the moves to get par.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Can we trade points or just coins?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I haven't been following the news but didn't he recently make up some sort of news story?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Ah. Well, that sucks if true. He always seemed to be good at his job.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
##bid 44 on 6

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I announce COINS

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

GIMME CHRIS HARDWICK ON THE SET OF @MIDNIGHT SAYING

code:
challenge

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

CHALLENGE!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
##Buy immunity for 100 coins

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

MildManeredManikin posted:

Welcome to the final episode of One Weekend Ultimate Reality Game!

Here is the coin count:

Jumping right into the challenge here:

Please post a statement of why you should be the winner in the next 10 minutes, there will be discussion afterwards.

I feel like I should be the winner because very simply, I did not gather up from the very beginning with a group designed to take out my opponents one by one. Both of my opponents were part of an alliance that, based on the voting patterns of the game, must have existed from the first vote onwards. Each player eliminated reading this was that group's choice. his persisted for for the entire game. Even when they were forced to make a choice internally, they had the majority and were able to choose who to vote for. They controlled the entire game through numbers.

It reminds me of The Genius Game season 2. (The TV version not the forums version) In that game there was an alliance of "broadcasters". They voted out the players that were actually competent because they had superior numbers. It is universally agreed that Genius Game season 2 was not as fun to watch as the season 1 game where the players seemed to respect one another and jump from alliance to alliance based on the actual games themselves.

This is my first forums game (that I actually made it more than one round into) and I tried to play my own way using my own strategies. When they worked, they worked, and when they didn't they didn't. During the first few rounds I let pure random chance choose who I was going to vote for. I was caught off guard by all of the eliminations up until Little Mac. That's because I made it my goal not to lie to people and even continued to do so when it might have been better too otherwise. And I definitely didn't try to play the "lets eliminate one person so we can all stay" game. The people that eliminated you did. Thanks.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I was told once by one of the finalists that your group never had a "leader". Was that true would you say? When you guys eliminated eachother how was that determined?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Jeremy, do you see the difference between this and the genius, where the format for the eliminated player is determined by the main match vs. a raw popular vote? I'd say this isn't the Broadcaster's Alliance shutting stuff, but more of a Survivor-type alliance where you know numbers will control eliminations heavily (I think nobody counted on so many immunities floating around in certain rounds, like three and potentially more in the auction).

I don't. In many situations the games were winnable by alliances. Obviously not the first round or the crossword, but many of the major rounds. Those alliances made during the game could very easily naturally follow through into the next round. I honestly see a lot of parallels to the Genius Game. More so that Survivor which I haven't watched much of but definitely has set teams at the beginning and then individuals competing in competitions that cannot necessarily be won by numbers, such as physical challenges. I don't know much about forums survivor if that is what you were referring to. I'm going by what I know about the show.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

VivaNova posted:

I said it. Asiina told you I was likely to be the leader and that was not the case. We were on an even plane. Why is that hard to believe in a group of 3 or 4?

LM stepped down. No decision needed besides his.

You and Asiina forced me to choose MT. You could have had a role in that vote if you wanted.

I did indeed force you to choose MT. That was more because it wasn't my business and I had no horse in that race, just like many of the other eliminations besides the round where I voted for you. And that's because at some point I had to trust Asiina. She knows more about games than I do and she mentioned that if there was a leader it was likely you or MT, not Mac. When you chose him it made me think maybe she was right.

Instead, it's cool to hear that Mac stepped down. I was ready to give up the win to help Asiina. Unfortunately it went the other way.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

No loser meaning no loser to the main match/someone designated for a death match.

I can see that and acknowledge that the genius has different rules since every elimination is one on one, but I think that in many cases the deathmatch in the genius is only the second, sometimes less important half of the elimination process. The first part is who gets chosen. And that's where I see the similarities here with the majority.

It's like we were the Genius without the ability to defend ourselves if chosen, which gave you guys much more power than the broadcaster alliance even had now that I think about it. To be fair, I said in my first answer I don't follow reality shows really so maybe this is exactly how Survivor is. But hopefully you can at least see where my viewpoint comes from.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Island fashion question!

Who wore it better?

Russell Hantz, or Natalie White?

I did. I'm wearing it right now, I just don't have a webcam so I can't prove it.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

SuperRodan, if you were the cat in the following gif how would you get the mittens off your paws:

Since I'm a cat the obvious answer is to do the most horrible thing possible to my human. That's always the answer when you're a cat.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Superrodan - it's been nice playing with you! I feel a certain loyalty to Pecota/Viva (playing with them from the beginning built up loyalty there and I don't fault Viva for me going out in the way I did) so I will likely vote for one of them tonight.

No problem, I figured as much.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Before falling on my sword (it's been a very productive Sunday, by the way), I promised to give my coins to the winner of a rap battle should all three of my group make it to the Final Three. That offer still stands, though Jeremy, you're in, too.

Show your flow to gain my dough.
Test:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1oXGX8P3Phk

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

HiipFire posted:

who should win the grammy's?????????????

See above

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Because in round 3 I finally spoke up in class with a plan of my own and then possibly proceeded to commit game suicide by openly going after the biggest group?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

If you could go back in time to vote in the 2012 election would you vote Obama or Romney?

Although I'd be tempted to basically completely spiral the republican party into madness, it wouldn't be worth the risk. I would definitely vote for Obama.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Hahahahaha. That's the best reason.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I don't really have a closing statement other than what I said before. I played (and apparently saw) the game my own way.

Without Asiina on my side I wouldn't be here, and Magnus was definitely someone I wish I could have helped more. The first two players eliminated I honestly wish I got to know better. I never knew enough to choose to vote for you one way or another, so I didn't.

Everyone else was in the big alliance and I've talked enough about that. I will say that I am very much looking forward to reading the confessionals. In fact, I think regardless of what else happens I will be happy to be able to have access to everything there is to see. I know I talked on and on endlessly in them and I'm especially hoping to see the other side of the game that I was not privy to. Good luck to the other two contestants.

And if I lose, Pecota, you'd better provide me with a Glee person you think is most like me. I forgot to ask that before.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 9, 2015

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Finalist or non-finalist? If it's the latter, I've got a Glee Project guy.

The ones that sing alone, I guess. So anyone who was eliminated.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
How and why does that image exist. You must have edited the ring count in.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

MildManeredManikin posted:

I accidentally skipped magnus, but he's no less close to my heart

Holy hell. I remember that I made that but its sol old I don't even remember choosing those jokes and such.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate it! I don't know what else to say.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

So jeremy I have to come clean, the whole LMac telling me your clue thing. I made that all up.

At the time I thought you and little mac were aligned and i wanted to sow discord between the two of you. Little mac never approached me at all during that game.

Wow. This basically is what made the game go how it did for me.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think I had a favorite game. I certainly enjoyed playing Yutnori and the Majority/Minority games the best.

EDIT: The only one that I felt overwhelmed by was the King one, and that turned out really simple the way it ended up going. You also managed to make a word search into a legitimate challenge with the whole extra words and cryptic clues thing.

The most fun chat times I had the entire game was when we were all trying to figure out the clues and even with all of us we weren't sure on some of them...

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 9, 2015

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I told Asiina you were either playing really smart and perfectly countering everything we were doing, or you were not trying to do that and we were countering ourselves. It seems like it was the second one. If the game had gone another round I was considering rolling two dice to make my move.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Asiina/Jeremy, was there any way I could've possibly ever convinced you to form a majority alliance with me at the time I was voted out? I assumed not and suicided, deciding I'd rather save my coins for the final. I very heavily considered betraying the alliance (I knew I was just being kept around until it was no longer convenient) by buying immunity but figured Jeremy would've never thrown in with me.

No, there was no way I would have worked with you because I didn't trust you at all. Apparently this is Magnus' fault since he convinced me you gave my hint to him as your own. I already was suspicious of you and when he implied that, I was pretty much out for you specifically.

That said, if you had voted for Viva you'd still be in, at least for another round. I was convinced by Asiina that Viva was more of a threat to me in the long run than you were and that if anyone was the "leader" it was her or MT. I don't know anyone really so I deferred to her judgment.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
The confessions are over so I'm gonna post one last thing here. During the final pre-vote thing in the last round I was extremely worried you guys were going to actually vote Pecota out and try for a win. Because I noticed that the coin totals if the alliance truly stuck together through death were:

Your alliance:
201+29+191+188

Everyone else:
125+20+170+162+141

Viva very specifically asked if we were both going to vote for Pecota so I then did the math and realized that if both of us did and Viva did too, Pecota would get 30 coins and that would put him over. I pretty much begged Asiina to vote for me and me for her so if you did try that method that it would be a tie and I would be eliminated and you wouldn't get those precious 30 coins. It didn't go that way, but for a bit I was super worried it would. That's why I voted for Asiina and she voted for me.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Also Jeremy if you didn't win you'd be Abraham from The Glee Project 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgFquQD0Txg

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1YY8RcVdDy4

This is getting deleted in about 10 minutes, I hope you see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I just read all of the confessionals and wanted to say thanks to everyone for taking the time to put effort into them. Also, BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS.

• Locked thread