Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's a shame the game never got a proper release outside of Japan. It's better than Secret of Mana, and co-op adventure RPGs are such a rarity. It was the height of the Mana series and none of the games afterwards were any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
legend of mana is good and the one on the ds was okay but the 3d sucked dilz

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

starbarry clock posted:

legend of mana is good and the one on the ds was okay but the 3d sucked dilz

Legend of Mana was decent, I liked the amount of customization you could do, as well as the monster raising, but the plot was near non-existent, and only existed as a bunch of mini-sidequests.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i never played these games but i got legend of mana on psn.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

seiferguy posted:

Legend of Mana was decent, I liked the amount of customization you could do, as well as the monster raising, but the plot was near non-existent, and only existed as a bunch of mini-sidequests.
imho it actually works best like that but thats opening up a can of philosophical thirst worms your rear end cant cash tbqh

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Legend of Mana is worth playing just to look at if nothing else, IMO

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

+1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SD3 is good. I beat it with Hawk, Duran and Angela.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
if they do remake it they need to make getting the final class changes less of a pain in the rear end.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

We need a compilation of all three SNES games together on DS or something. Do the same with the Gaia series (or whatever the gently caress it's called) while we're at it.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

metricchip posted:

We need a compilation of all three SNES games together on DS or something. Do the same with the Gaia series (or whatever the gently caress it's called) while we're at it.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

metricchip posted:

whats the third snes game in the mana series

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Evil Eagle posted:

SD3 is good. I beat it with Hawk, Duran and Angela.

this except kevin and not duran

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

starbarry clock posted:

whats the third snes game in the mana series

Final Fantasy adventure, which actually wasn't on SNES. Unless you're talking about Secret of Evermore.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really ought to give mana ds a second chance, i got really tired of it the second it actually started

seconding, though op

metricchip posted:

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

seiferguy posted:

Final Fantasy adventure, which actually wasn't on SNES. Unless you're talking about Secret of Evermore.

yeah thats on a ltitle thing known as the game boy maybe youve heard of it? stfu and let the growed ups talk
and secret of evermore is npot part of the mana series...
bitch!!

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
so whats this fuckin fabled third snes mana game huh??

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
evermore is better than mana and densetsu 3

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I've never played any mana games. isn't secret of mana the one everyone played growing up? is that a good place to start?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Velthice posted:

I've never played any mana games. isn't secret of mana the one everyone played growing up? is that a good place to start?

my friend fairport just said as much to me, another gamer who never played the series

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
evermore is a cool game but it's not a mana game. maybe it would be a bonus game.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my friend fairport just said as much to me, another gamer who never played the series

cool I'mma play it on my trip next week since the hotel internet is probably gonna suck

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

evermore is better than mana and densetsu 3

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I've owned 4 copies of Secret of Evermore and every single copy has had the bazooka glitch active

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
sword of mana :saddowns:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Evermore was cool but the fact that the dog couldn't be controlled by a 2nd player and the fact that your alchemy required you to collect materials to use it got annoying after awhile.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

Evermore was cool but the fact that the dog couldn't be controlled by a 2nd player and the fact that your alchemy required you to collect materials to use it got annoying after awhile.

gently caress off

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's not good but it's passable.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i beat this with hawk and lise and angela and it was fun

would play a remaster A+++

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

metricchip posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Square is to the point where all the 2D final fantasies are remastered and all the Dragon Quest games are remastered.

they can't make anymore re-releases of their flagship old games. So they'll have to start picking the lesser ones.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

seiferguy posted:

The first is seriously like a two minute fix in a hex editor for some reason and the second is just you being a scrub

there aren't any good alchemy spells that you can't just buy 99 of the reagents for

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Give SD3 a legit English translation, and do the same for Live a Live while you're at it.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Mega64 posted:

Give SD3 a legit English translation, and do the same for Live a Live while you're at it.

And Treasure of the Rudras.

Dec 26, 2012

im sure theyll get right on that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
also terra Nigma

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

The Taint Reaper posted:

also terra Nigma

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
terranigma deserves it more than a lot of games because it owns a lot, it didn't come out in the US, and the translation was a bastard job

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Back when imports were cheap and plentiful I wound up importing Seiken Densetsu 2 only to find Secret of Mana later for around 15 bucks.

I should have gone with 3, since I already had Earthbound/Mother 2, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 5, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, Paladin's Quest, YS 3, Super Mario RPG, Bahamut Lagoon, Dragon Quest 5, Dragon Quest 6, Shin Megami tensei, Shin Megami Tensei II, Shin Megami Tensei if...,Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and Final Fantasy Mythic Quest.

Terranigma was already pretty pricey back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Yea terranigma is a really great game that could use a little love. What company owns it even at this point? you could probably just buy it and resell it dirt cheap on a nintendo classics disc

• Locked thread