Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i got like an hour into it one night, just past the intro where you wake up at the dinner table, and saved

and then i had a day off and blasted through the entire rest of it in one sitting and it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Joey McChrist posted:

i got resident evil 7 and its spooky af. i don't think this cannibal family is on the level you guys

They tried to sell me Bibles

Joey McChrist

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They tried to sell me Bibles

Ethan:

Prof. Crocodile

Joey McChrist posted:

i got resident evil 7 and its spooky af. i don't think this cannibal family is on the level you guys

This game is fuckin scary, and apparently it is available on some VR headsets, but ump that noise.

On a semi-related note, I have noticed that horror and gore effect me more as I have gotten older. I am actually more of a scaredy-cat as an adult than I was as a child. How does this happen?

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
BYOB i am trying to limit my video game spending this month...

do i buy new Doom or new Prey??

nut

both...

twice :twisted:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
:negative: i am tempted...

biosterous

do you want to run forward at high speed and murder a million things, or do you want to explore a large environment and solve puzzles, while also murdering things

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
problem is i love both and intend to get both eventually... just having trouble deciding which to get first

Rockman Reserve

my vote is also to get both but if you can only get one i would go with prey

also, the switch remaster of mario 3d world is really good. bowsers fury, which comes with it, is really great

sb hermit

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This game is fuckin scary, and apparently it is available on some VR headsets, but ump that noise.

On a semi-related note, I have noticed that horror and gore effect me more as I have gotten older. I am actually more of a scaredy-cat as an adult than I was as a child. How does this happen?

I really want to get a VR headset to play Phantasmagoria. Maybe also HL: alyx. RE7 also sounds fun too, though.

Finger Prince

I really like how Control blends real video and human actors into the game and doesn't render it all in the game engine. Also even though there's no mistaking the NPCs for human actors, the facial motion capture on them is really quite good.

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

I really like how Control blends real video and human actors into the game and doesn't render it all in the game engine. Also even though there's no mistaking the NPCs for human actors, the facial motion capture on them is really quite good.

I just started playing it tonight, it was free on ps plus. some definite scp vibes, which is cool, and I like that it has lots of options to lower the difficulty

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
lol damnit, i hummed and hawed and then just bought both... and the RE1 HD remaster because it was also super cheap.

itry

Sally posted:

lol damnit, i hummed and hawed and then just bought both... and the RE1 HD remaster because it was also super cheap.
Now to decide what to play first

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

I swore that Persona 5 Strikers was gonna be the only game I bought this year but Red Dead Redemption 2 was on sale. :hotpickle:

nut

sb hermit posted:

I really want to get a VR headset to play Phantasmagoria. Maybe also HL: alyx. RE7 also sounds fun too, though.

if u do this, hmu and I will ghost hunt with u in vr

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

itry posted:

Now to decide what to play first

yah :negative: x1000

i am still working my way through Disco Elysium from the last sale

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I just started with the SNES remakes of Megami Tensei 1 and 2 lol this is gonna be some good old dungeon crawler slog

sb hermit

Sally posted:

yah :negative: x1000

:hfive:

nut posted:

if u do this, hmu and I will ghost hunt with u in vr

:hfive:

sb hermit

I just picked up ultimate control ... or was that control ultimate?

This may be the first new fps I actually play on my pc because the (second to) last fps on PC that I picked up (doom 2016) chugged so bad on the 2nd level that it was unplayable, despite turning down all the sliders. Although it played Prey 2017 pretty ok.

I actually beat doom 2016 on the xbox one since I got it for almost literally dirt cheap, despite the fact that I absolutely despise fps controls on a gamepad.

itry

Control is third person :eng101:

Prof. Crocodile

nut, el dorito, and prepuce repurposed hunting virtual ghosts would be a great Ghostbusters reboot imho.

I am just spitballing here, but I think that hijinks might ensue.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I finished The Last of Us Part II earlier this week and had a lot of fun with the stealth/melee/ranged combat mix. After finishing the game I found a menu option that I highly recommend anyone playing turn on at the very start of the game. You'll spend a lot of time picking up supplies to build weapons and health kits. There's a menu option that lets your character auto pickup anything they can and it will save you about two thousand triangle presses over the course of the game.

The game is good but I think it's way longer than it needs to be and many will find parts of the game annoying when the character you're controlling has to do things that you the player don't want any part of.

For me, the real winner is the stealth and combat. It feels like a great combination of mgs and Uncharted. By limiting how many crafted items you can carry but giving out lots of resources to build more you're encouraged to use your molotovs and traps and using all of the tools available keeps the combat interesting all the way through.

Rockman Reserve

would be way cool if that ps5 I ordered actually shipped

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I've been playing The Long Dark all year. It's a pretty good survival sim that has kept me entertained. The apocalyptic meta-narrative seems thematically relatable, and it's nice when I'm feeling cooped up to pretend I'm wandering around outside. Only complaint is that the wolves suuuuuuuck.

itry

Wolves hunt in packs!

sb hermit

wolves in zelda botw are great

you just drop a bomb and run away, and they can't help but chase you, and you explode the bomb when they chase and you get easy high quality meats

it got to the point where I had an irrational fear of destroying hyrule's ecology that I refused to kill wolves if I could just run away

I also had an irrational hatred of guardians and would kill any I find if I had a powered up master sword

so I never had an intact master sword in Ganon's castle for long, but it just felt so good

axolotl farmer

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Control was free on PS+ this month. should I play Control?

more falafel please

forums poster

axolotl farmer posted:

i grabbed it for the same reason and i'm not very far into it yet, but i'm enjoying it

i figure if i start to not like it i won't feel bad about putting it down since i didn't (specifically) pay for it

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

axolotl farmer posted:

hell yah!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I like Control but tbh I wish they had just made it more linear instead of the weird semi ARPG mechanics they threw in it.

itry

Mission based? It's already pretty linear.

My biggest problem with Control is that it devolves into an arena shooter in every large room. And I still enjoyed it.

axolotl farmer posted:

Yes. Yup. Yeah.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

It has a lot of backtracking, coming back to areas later with new abilities, the randomly generated missions, the weird loot and crafting system that I never felt added terribly much. There's a signifigant attempt to make it more of a fleshed out experience but it felt arbitrary to me and I only did most of the side stuff and exploration to find more lore.

It's probably partly because there was a lot of blowback about how incredibly linear Quantum Break was.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I never used the strap, never used the silicone sleeves and never stood the Wii upright.

itry

RickRogers posted:

I never used the strap, never used the silicone sleeves and never stood the Wii upright.

:mods:

boz
The best way to play Control is to play in Grandpa Mode.

Turn off taking any damage and turn up the energy recharge meter.

Sprinkle with One Shot Kills to taste.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

RickRogers posted:

hell same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

ill allow it lol