Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They are fun and make me happy

I hope they make everyone in the thread happy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil posted:

I hope it's not controversial to say....

video games are good

thinkin real hard before I respond to this one...

Big Hubris

Does anyone else remember Survival Crisis Z? It's from 2007 and it's the chillest zombie game I've played, but it doesn't work so well on modern systems.

Zil

I have a confession, I keep buying games on steam when they are on sale and then not playing them for months.

Its a sickness

nut

Zil posted:

I have a confession, I keep buying games on steam when they are on sale and then not playing them for months.

Its a sickness

i'll die with u

sb hermit

nut posted:

i'll die with u

:same:

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i'm only like level 30 ish on my main job and way behind in the MQ line but i'm running instanced dungeons in XIV for fun as a healer, am i broken, in my brain?

Rockman Reserve

double posting because i got a random FC invite in XIV and instead of outright ignoring it like i usually do i actually looked into the guild, and it had a bunch of active members and had been established for like four years, and chatted with the guy that sent the invite for a while, and actually joined up! and they all seem pretty nice and the FC estate is impressive as hell and i hung out in chat with them half the day while just running old MQ quests, and it reminded me that XIV is actually an MMO and not just a cool rpg that happens to have other players

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Picked it up again - Sunset Overdrive is a fun game from the makers of Marvels Spiderman and you can tell they love making open world games where just tooling around is part of the fun. They got The Bronx and the Melvin's on the soundtrack, it's super cheesy and goofy and you can dress your character in increasingly stupid outfits. Kinda like if Saints Row and Tony Hawk were in the same game. Steam had a sale and it was like a tenner, totally worth every penny

Scaly Haylie

Rockman Reserve posted:

i'm only like level 30 ish on my main job and way behind in the MQ line but i'm running instanced dungeons in XIV for fun as a healer, am i broken, in my brain?

is it WHM? i like WHM, the healing is super bursty

StupidSexyMothman

i am trying to be good and finish at least one backlog game before buying a mass effect trilogy
so far dead rising 3 is very good i have finished the game and 2 of the DLCs and my main complaint is that the DLCs don't really make it clear when they're about to end so I spend a bunch of time collecting almost all the collectibles and then oops that mission leads to cutscenes that end the DLC guess you aren't finishing that collection

the only thing worse than grinding for achievements is grinding for achievements & only almost getting them

itry

I kinda want to play RE8... but I kinda don't want to pay full price (for what appears to be a meh port. Also Denuvo). I kinda want to watch it on youtube... but I kinda don't want to spoil it in case I do buy it. :spoonville:

oldskool posted:

i am trying to be good and finish at least one backlog game before buying a mass effect trilogy
so far dead rising 3 is very good i have finished the game and 2 of the DLCs and my main complaint is that the DLCs don't really make it clear when they're about to end so I spend a bunch of time collecting almost all the collectibles and then oops that mission leads to cutscenes that end the DLC guess you aren't finishing that collection

the only thing worse than grinding for achievements is grinding for achievements & only almost getting them

Improve your completion time and skip the achievements. That way you'll be able to play even more games! :eng101:

Finger Prince

I reinstalled MTG 2015 on steam (which it doesn't look like I'd played since 2015). Bit of a relearning curve, but I hit upon a horrible mean deck that is wicked fun when it kicks off. I use it to beat up on the computer because it would probably lose bad to anyone half competent.

Also nut was right, NiER automata was glorious fun. Now I'm on the playthough where you play as 9s, but I'm taking a bit of a break from it for now.

nut

I watched a friend play through RE8 last week and it was really really fun. not so scary, especially against 7, but very entertaining. as always, but lol if capcom thinks I’m gonna try to understand the lore

itry

All I know is Umbrella bad

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

is it WHM? i like WHM, the healing is super bursty

nah CNJ, i don't have like....real jobs or whatever unlocked yet (?)

Scaly Haylie

Rockman Reserve posted:

nah CNJ, i don't have like....real jobs or whatever unlocked yet (?)

just so you know there's a quest that becomes available near the conjurer place when you hit level 30 in CNJ where you get a free mount basically, you can't do it with your white mage stone equipped for whatever reason

Prof. Crocodile

itry posted:

All I know is Umbrella bad

umbrella is not bad, they just have a very innovative business model.

step 1: create armies of unthinking monsters with insatiable bloodlust and sometimes guys in robes who can control slugs by singing, to destroy American cities.

step 2: ?

step 3: profit

biosterous

magic the gathering: puzzle quest is a janky phone game that i enjoy despite it being objectively bad

i just got two new cards that make a great combo when i manage to set it up

1. a support (read: enchantment or artifact or special land) that sits on the board, and when i charge it up enough, it give my dude maximum [special meter]

2. a vanguard (read: planeswalker) that sits on the board that has the ability to discard one card and then draw two and give the two cards a good amount of mana

3. a character ability to call a creature back from the graveyard, and then make it more powerful than just casting it would do

i already had a decent control deck, but now when it pops off i can just discard a creature, draw two cards (with full mana for each if i've got it fully set up), then cast those cards basically for free and also bring back the creature for free, with a huge buff, every turn

idk how this would work in another deck but since i've already got a control deck it fit in very nicely and makes a great win condition

e: it also helps that you can only play against bots, who often make bad decisions

biosterous fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 19, 2021

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

itry

Prof. Crocodile posted:

umbrella is not bad, they just have a very innovative business model.

step 1: create armies of unthinking monsters with insatiable bloodlust and sometimes guys in robes who can control slugs by singing, to destroy American cities.

step 2: ?

step 3: profit

Being able to create armies of undead is its own reward :zombie:

Heather Papps

hello friend

help i bought the new monster hunter and i'm in an armor upgrade death spiral tell my family i love them

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Zil

I am currently riding my horse around the island of Lesbos in AC: Odyssey helping people out and taking down the cruel spartans.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Zil posted:

I am currently riding my horse around the island of Lesbos in AC: Odyssey helping people out and taking down the cruel spartans.

That's no horse it's a female woman wowie zowie!

boz

Heather Papps posted:

help i bought the new monster hunter and i'm in an armor upgrade death spiral tell my family i love them

Hey I want to make this set, but to make this set I need this set to easily farm the monster to make that set, but to farm that monster this other set would be nice and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ghost Robot

100% free asmr
:sax:
been playing through morrowind with the graphics extender and shaders and stuff and you know what I think it looks pretty cool

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
it does look pretty cool

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

more falafel please

forums poster

mass effect remaster gripe: drat i know this game came out 14 years ago but it's buck wild that when i go do a side mission on a planet, spend 15 minutes driving through/fighting a bunch of stuff on the mako, go into a building and die, i start at my last autosave which is "you just landed on the planet". i know when i played it originally i obsessively saved, but i forgot how bad it was about that

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

FutonForensic

yeah the me1 autosaves are bad. starts feeling safe again in 2

nut

been playing spelunkey 2 with friends and it is very good and difficult or I thought it was until I tried solo and it got way more difficult

Jolo

nut posted:

been playing spelunkey 2 with friends and it is very good and difficult or I thought it was until I tried solo and it got way more difficult

The important thing with Spelunky is to figure out how to avoid damage and then fail to do so and die in hilarious and unexpected ways.

biosterous

i made a thread about the magic the gathering puzzle quest game i play on my phone:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968833&pagenumber=1

it's poorly made but i enjoy it, especially when i win

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD Megamix Redux came in the mail. Now I just have to finish....

Bloodborne, Jedi Fallen Order, Sunset Overdrive and Devil May Cry 5 first.

I started too many games at once again

Jolo

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD Megamix Redux came in the mail. Now I just have to finish....

Bloodborne, Jedi Fallen Order, Sunset Overdrive and Devil May Cry 5 first.

I started too many games at once again

Thas a lot of games. I liked all of the ones you're playing but didn't play a lot of Sunset.

I just finished Luigi's Mansion 3 this morning and had a good time with it. I was kinda bored during a chunk of the middle but the end has some of the best levels and boss fights in the game. It's longer than I expected too, I finished after 15 hours and expected it to be about half of that. The game is loaded with mini puzzles all over the place so you can kinda make it as long as you want it to be.

nut

I been loving around with Tower Unite and it’s very dumb and fun and I wish I could bring all of byob along to cyber Dave and busters

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami
I got a lot of money for my birthday last month and I bought Mario Kart 8 and Minecraft. My bestie has been wanting to play Minecraft with me for a while now.

Jolo

I love Mario Kart 8! It's this gorgeous joyous fun thing. Great music! It sold me on buying a Wii U. I saw the Nintendo Direct where they showcased it and I knew I had to buy a Wii U.

beer pal

ive been playing mind scanners, its about going around the city scanning ppls brains and curing their mental illnesses with minigames. you have a papers please style cycle of working as fast as u can and keeping up with your expenses, also like papers please there's moral complications like do you power through the treatments at risk of the patient's wellbeing or do it slowly & carefully and get less cash per day. fun game

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Jolo

Jolo posted:

Oooh cool, free Little Nightmares on Steam. I really liked this one. Has a really cool clay/puppet art style.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/587308/

FYI I was in coupons and deals looking for ways to sabotage it.

Leave

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I still don't understand demon negotiation in Nocturne. Why do they just take my stuff and not be my friend? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami

Jolo posted:

I love Mario Kart 8! It's this gorgeous joyous fun thing. Great music! It sold me on buying a Wii U. I saw the Nintendo Direct where they showcased it and I knew I had to buy a Wii U.

Still don't have a Wii U :(

Probably not getting one ever