Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I hope it's not controversial to say....

video games are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

They are fun and make me happy

I hope they make everyone in the thread happy too

Zil

I have a confession, I keep buying games on steam when they are on sale and then not playing them for months.

Its a sickness

Zil

I am currently riding my horse around the island of Lesbos in AC: Odyssey helping people out and taking down the cruel spartans.

Zil

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah first red flag was the flashy non-gameplay demo reels, but I checked out a twitch stream for a couple of minutes and it looked like the kind of thing I'd enjoy playing. Might wait for it to come on sale. I kind of want a shooty type game.

Yeah wait for the sale. It is in a very unpolished state. Though the good thing is the devs dropped a huge patch today that fixed quite a few bugs and made some tweaks people were asking for. So hopefully they continue to support it and iron things out.

Zil

So have been meaning to ask, but do we exchange steam profiles here so we can play with other yobbers? Or is it too public for sharing that kind of stuff?

Zil

Alright, I went ahead and added you both while I was probed. And if anyone else wants to add me my link is here.

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Zil

Finger Prince posted:

Yakuza: Like A Dragon
This game is severely hosed up.
I fuckin love it!

Ichi is a great protagonist and an amazing himbo.

Zil

Lock posted:

where was this? Switch store?

Steam. They have all the gameboy advance games in one collection and all the NES/SNES ones in another.

Still no Symphony of the Night though sadly.

Zil

idiotsavant posted:

Need some good character names for my cool new world wizzard plaese haalp

Salvador Dali Parton

Zil

kalel posted:

I tried frost punk this morning and an hour in some of my citizens started to die and I got really intense anxiety and turned off the game. I need some hot chocolate and a hug

Yeah I can't handle those types of games. Sends my anxiety through the roof.

:sympathy:

Zil

Cant wait to start hunting robo dinos again

exquisite tea posted:

The Playstation blog just posted a short combat clip of Forbidden West with some of the new gameplay additions like the grapple hook and shield parachute. Looks neat!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CommonMemorableCockerspaniel-mobile.mp4

Zil

In Forza I have made my driver avatar into an adult Tina belcher. The color of the clothing doesn't match, but the general style and hair is there.

Zil

Twenty Four posted:

I haven't watched the show very much or know the game at all, but I think you are obligated to slowly run into the only other car in an empty parking lot (or maybe in the pit if that works for the game) with no acceleration now.

Trust me I have plowed into many a parked car going way too fast, but I will do this for you.

Also in a later season she becomes a go-kart racer and is extremely good at it, that's what inspired me.

Zil

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Trying to wrap up all the Yakuza games and I'm on Chapter 9 of the remaster of 3. The ones after Kiwami and Kiwami 2 were such a shock, even though I knew they were spruced up ports of PS3 games. Hoping to cruise through to 6 so I can get back to Dragon Engine era stuff. Then there's Like and Dragon and both Judgement games. So good and so much of it!

Yakuza 8 was announced today by the way.

Zil

How Wonderful! posted:

I picked up Bloodstained and it scratches that Castlevania itch perfectly. It feels pretty short but I'm fine with it, honestly I'm killing time before Endwalker.

Did you defeat the true boss?

The game has an inverse castle mechanic like SOTN did.

Zil

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If you like map clearing the Division games are great for that. The endgame is also supposed to be fun if you like hardcore group stuff, but if you don't you can just not increase world tiers.

Is it first person only, or is third person view an option?

Zil

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's mostly 3rd person, if I remember rightly most guns are over the shoulder 3rd person aimed and snipers (and certain scope types) are first person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kc6lEi_9Ts

Oh cool, yeah first person games have been giving me motion sickness lately.

Zil

kalel posted:

does the epic games store have its own client or something, or can you download the games straight

Its own client

Zil

Bo-Pepper posted:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the most Castlevania out of the modern bunch. It's basically Castlevania with a new coat of paint but not in a bad way. I enjoyed it.

Seconding this recommendation.

Zil

Plus it doesn't have any forced in romance side stories. Aloy just gets in and kicks dino rear end from start to finish.

Zil

Dr. Honked posted:

i had a quick go of Lost Ark this evening - the entire beginning is just nonsensical drivel. does it get better when the intro is done?

Don't play Lost Ark for the story, play it because you want to grind and kill demons in a fun way.

Zil

Myst was also impossible if you didn't have internet and were not adept at musical puzzles. Never made it past that piano part.

Zil

Mummy Napkin posted:

any yobbers play ffxiv? i need something to get lost in and this is like my third attempt playing it. i think it’ll take this time

Rarity plays, but don't know if she posts in this thread. She has been posting her adventures in the Games forums chat thread.

Zil

Which mode? Personally I prefer no build mode.

Zil

Finger Prince posted:

You know what time it is?
Skyrim time.

Which version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Areola Grande posted:

beat his rear end he's tiny
Yeah but there are like hundreds of them