Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mummy Napkin
i haven't had a decent pc in a long time, so i've been flirting around with getting back into FFXIV on the PS4. i dropped it after a few weeks of playing because i just couldn't get into playing on a console with a PS4 pad. might have to give it another shot because i'm also feeling that mmo void in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
the controls definitely work well with that toggle, but i'm with you. i guess that is the formula of an mmo, but the endgame payoff just doesn't seem worth the countless hours of leveling and questing.

Mummy Napkin
y'know what? i think i may hit you up, lizard. i had no idea that it was free until level 35 now. gonna download and roll a fresh character.

Mummy Napkin
haven't had the chance to play ffxiv like i wanted, but i did manage to get my first ever platinum. didn't really intend to, i guess i just dicked around in Tekken 7 enough and realized i could get it pretty easily.

Mummy Napkin
I played way more Trackmania on the PC than I'd like to admit. Since the new one was free for PS Plus, I've fell back into the wormhole of loop-de-loops and wall rides. :negative:

Mummy Napkin
ive been playing zelda 2 on the Nintendo online service thing and it's tough as nails, boys.

Mummy Napkin
I made it to 6th place in a Tetris 99 match and I gotta humble brag about it. These people are crazy good.

Mummy Napkin
Still not bored of Tetris 99 yet. I managed to get a 2nd place last night.

Mummy Napkin
i finally got a first place in tetris 99 and i think i'm retiring on a high note. been playing that craft yoshi game with my lady. it's purty fun

Mummy Napkin
i know it's probably a long shot, but do any yobbers happen to play old school runescape?

Mummy Napkin
yeah it's free and i'm sure some youngsters might have picked it up since you can play it on mobile phones now. wish i could quit that dumb game.

Mummy Napkin
DQXI is beautiful. I've been playing Slime Rancher. I finished the 'adventure' part of it, I guess. Gonna ranch them slimes til I get burnt out. Dunno what to play next. Everyone says that Stardew Valley is a lot like Slime Rancher.

Mummy Napkin
holy shirt! well guess i'm buying it

Mummy Napkin
I am also just starting Stardew. I tried a few times in the past but usually never make it past a few hours because dumb distracted brain. I got inside the community center and the mines and now this is podracing my dudes

Mummy Napkin
Just started playing shield and was so torn on what my uniform number should be

Mummy Napkin

Heather Papps posted:

this owns. i need to get a switch at some point cause the new animal crossing looks rad, and botw2 or whatever is gonna have to be in my life

You do. I went through a few years of "I don't really play games anymore cuz I'm old now whatevs" but my fiance bought a Switch and it's really been a treat.

Mummy Napkin

Yinlock posted:

sword/shield is real good, sword gets like all the good exclusives but there's a ton of good pokemans in both games so :shrug:

i just finished shield myself

I haven't played a pokemans since Black and the quality of life stuff is real nice. Some of the dynamax and wild area junk was a bit confusing at first. I chose Shield because I assumed most people got Sword for easy trading.

Mummy Napkin
A new Pokemon snap on mobile or back in the day on the threeds would be straight up ballin

Mummy Napkin
Do they still do the cryptic rear end EV/IV stuff still? I'm not into the competitive side of pokes, but would be cool to maybe mess around with it if there was at least some sort of frontend way to see where you're at.

Mummy Napkin
loving these real hot pokemon tips. i'm still just trying to blaze through all the gyms, but taking it pretty leisurely. what is the 3 pokemon in competitive rule?

Mummy Napkin

Mummy Napkin fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 20, 2022

Mummy Napkin
Pretty burnt out on animal crossing sadly so I've been playing cod warzone on PS4 cuz it's free. If anyone wants to squad up and shoot some guys and be all sneaky like, hit me up I'm absolute trash at it

Mummy Napkin
quarantine is making me do weird things like download fortnite and buy the battle pass so I can be a guy in a banana suit and get shot buy tweens who build big houses and snipe my old rear end

Mummy Napkin
just hopping in here to say the Xbox game pass thing rules. I wanted to play the deep galactic space dwarf game for a while and saw it was on there now and installed it to my xbone from the app while I’m at work.

I know it’s all old hat to people now but for old dummies like me it’s a treat to have what feels like FREE GAMES even though you technically pay a sub

Mummy Napkin
I really liked Left 4 Dead so I’ve been really trying to like Back 4 Blood since it’s free on the hexbox game pass. The random lobbies I’ve gotten in are either people really bad at the game or mean rear end sweaties. haven’t gotten a decent game together to even get past the bridge in act 1.

So I said screw it and am back to playing Slime Rancher because it’s cool and I don’t have to worry about anything

Mummy Napkin

Mummy Napkin fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 20, 2022

Mummy Napkin
this drat pokemon moba is addicting

Mummy Napkin

it’s called pokemon unite and you can get it on switch and mobile. of course it’s simplified quite a bit, but nuanced enough to be pretty dang fun.

i would’ve played a lot more dota if the matches were bite sized like unite.

Mummy Napkin
halo infinite multiplayer dropped early today. downloading now and looking forward to getting smoked in big team battles

Mummy Napkin

PeriodCommaColon posted:

Does anyone here play Sky: Children of the Light? It's free on switch I just started playing. Seems like a yobfriendlygame. You just fly around in serene settings and collect stuff. It's from the same people that made Journey.

i tried playing the mobile version because I loved Journey so much, but man I hate playing games on my phone. I didn’t know there was a switch version. I’m gonna download that and try it out.

Mummy Napkin
I’ve just begun my yakuza journey and finished 0 a few days ago. idk why I never started playing them sooner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Oo2Q9kwGE

Mummy Napkin

Farecoal posted:

Anyone here play Smite? It's a MOBA like League of Legends or DOTA but you play in a third person perspective instead of top down and you have to aim all your attacks and abilities. Also all the "heroes" are figures from real world mythologies (Zeus, Amaterasu, Anubis, etc). My friends and I have been playing it since 2016, we love to complain about it but it's still a go-to semi-casual game for us.

is that the game that has the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from real world mythology?

kidding aside, I always thought Smite looked good, but as with most online games to me now, seems little intimidating getting into

Mummy Napkin

rock and stone to that one

Mummy Napkin

Farecoal posted:

Is it weird to want an open-world space simulator like Elite Dangerous or the X series but with a soundtrack like Jet Set Radio

no that sounds kick rear end really

Mummy Napkin
finished halo infinite on heroic and my old rear end just don’t have it in me anymore. some of the boss fights were whoopin me in the rear end.

started playing no man’s sky which seems much chiller and is pretty tight so far. fixing my ship then going to space was cool

Mummy Napkin
minecraft is too good but I’m bad at really making anything. it’s just fun to fish and dig around. never really played it with other people and bet that would be fun.

i really was hoping Minecraft dungeons was going to be a cool Diablo lite kinda game, but it was boring as hell

speaking of Diablo, I really hope they drop the ladder on resurrected soon. being able to play with a controller has been great for my old rear end hands

Mummy Napkin
playing elden ring and cranking it and keep getting killed by margit

Mummy Napkin

Jolo posted:

Is there a way to view tutorial messages you've already seen? Also, can you see what buff/debuff/enhancement you have on somewhere? I got something from beating an npc invader but couldn't figure out what it was, then got another when I let a lady hug me and I don't know what that did either.

If you check your inventory, the tutorial stuff can be examined again in the very last tab. I think your buffs and debuffs are under your health/fp/stamina in the top right, but I have no clue what the icons mean. The hugging lady gives you an item where you can use FP to boost your poise temporarily. She won't give you any of the Blessings or whatever if you already have one in your inventory though she's always down for a hug.

e: top left, rather

Mummy Napkin

kalel posted:

I finally got rid of 99% of my old games and consoles that I'm never going to play (or that I can emulate if I really want). sold em to a local vintage game store so hopefully they find a good home :3

while I was gathering them up I did get a little bit of nostalgia, some of them I've had since I first started gaming. I'm glad to be rid of them though, I have a whole bunch of knick knacks that I have no use for and I just want to be done with it

i did the same thing about 5 years ago. i had that nostalgic moment where i was like "dang, what if i wanna play this stuff later?" and honestly, i haven't given it a second thought once i got rid of everything lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
does anyone know if you have to rest at a fire to use summons again in elden ring or if it's on some sort of cooldown?