Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
darkest dungeon looks pretty good i watched a stream of it for a little while. ive been playing isaac like evryone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
remember black & white

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Classicist posted:

my name on steam is the same as my name on byob, as well as real life.

i sent you a friend request but i dont want the game really.just friendship.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

dogdisaster posted:

I bought sunless sea, I'm hoping it's as fun as everyone says. not going to cheat with the values tho

i saw that on steam the other day and was wondering how it was. report back,.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

lol

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

GEExCEE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jus_yx7HBEg i'm singing this in my head 100% of the time im browsing byob

yes

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
has anyone plaed the blizzard moba

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

GEExCEE posted:

the best video game is Alexey Pajitnov's 100 Years of Solitude

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Vendor Trash posted:

it's the only way i know how to play

same

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lol

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Salmiakki posted:

if you say hi boys in a sultry voice in tf2 the boys will get angry and call you a fat person with a mustache

lol

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

BYOB Rachel posted:

you made me think sunless sea was on sale and now i'm sad

i checked too

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
ffx was the game that made me stop playing final fantasy games

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

landy. posted:

I think I have under 10 hours played on steam in total.

i was once a young man like you.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i remember someone posting aboiut banished is it good

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
im salty about the byob video games thread

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

bog pixie posted:

i love to count

one - nothing wrong with me
two - nothing wrong with me

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

deep dish peat moss posted:

CSD2 is great and I love how it went totally off the deep end in the food lore

I bought the first one because I wanted to sit and stare out a skyscraper window all day, but then the cooking was a lot of fun. The second one feels kind of unguided and weird and I don't get to spend half the day staring out the window anymore and wondering how my life ended up here in this grease pit of a kitchen 30 floors above the city, but the cooking is still fun and now I feel like half my customers are probably the illuminati :shrug:

sounds cool. the first one owned

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
cuphead is cool. cook serve delicious 2 is pretty fun.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it wont ever matter to me how long cuphead is because i dont think ill ever make it anywhere near the end. but its fun.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
wow yeah who could play a game like that with a keyboard

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i bought a controller to play isaac and its so much better for a lot of games. cook serve delicious apparently has controller support and i dont know how you could play that game on anything but a keyboard

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

vanisher posted:

Oh dang!! This is good news

My one pet peeve is ingredients like parmesan which on some dishes is R and others is P, or chocolate which is H or O.

that made me stop playing the game since i was always hitting the wrong key.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
finally got nuclear throne. it owns. enter the gungeon too but drat it is hard.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Everyone's gone to the Rapture and Katamari Damacy take place in the same universe at the same time. EGttR is from the viewpoint of someone who miraculously survived getting run over by a Katamari in their town and is surveying the aftermath. This is most evident in the song "Carry me back to her Arms" heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbNSjJ0Du0
The lyrics here begin with:

A-roving we went, my true love and I
Amongst the corn and the maize,
When death leaned in with his sickle and clock
And swept my true love away.

In this, the titular death is the Katamari itself sticking itself to the singer's wife and carrying her away from his arms.

Counter to this there is the Katamari's view of this in the J-pop song: The Moon and The Prince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJeiEva0Hw
The lyrics here provide a different perspective on the same scene:

I sprinted, I twisted,
I tried to run about everywhere
I spun, I was spun,
I rolled into anything I could find
I was attached, I felt included,
hey! I just picked up so much stuff!

The "so much stuff" the singer refers to is the previous singer's wife. The glee of the Katamari contrasted against the somber tone of the mournful husband is one of the most under appreciated artistic moments in video game history along with the time in the new God of War game where Kratos was nice to his son when he could have been mean to him.

lol

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
my friend says its better than stardew valley but after reading reviews im skeptical. sorry this doesnt help much.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
after playing a version in like 2016 i recently purchased rimworld and its a very good and fun game

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
im not sure if your post is a meta joke or something but if its not, yes its a real game and its like dwarf fortress but is more accessible and has built in "real" graphics

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah I think I read somewhere that it is the devs policy to never offer any kind of discount for it but I liked it enough and played enough dwarf fortress to just pony up the $35. totally get it though I don't think I've paid full price for just about everything else in my steam library

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah most idle games have an auto clicker built in to the mechanics now, but theyre still not very "fun" imo

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

LethalGeek posted:

Sounds like MMOs for people who want to be even less engaged.

...FFXIV Switch when?!?

i forge tthe name, started with a D i think, but there was a mobile game that was exactly this. it was kind of like a wow clone but your character would run around and grind mobs by themselves. it was basically 3d progress quest.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

food court bailiff posted:

when i said "antfarm" w/r/t rimworld i didn't mean there wasn't interaction or anything, just that it's possible to let it run for a few minutes and people will generally be sort of productive and survive on their own (until a raid or acid storm or space bug infestation or something happens). it's not an idle game by any stretch, just something that happens to be great entertainment during meetings

it's very pretty and the music is pretty good but it is an interminably boring slog with very little to speak positively of past the graphics

ya thats one of the things i like about rimworld, i can build stuff and tell people to do stuff and then let it run on the slowest speed for a bit while i read forums or w/e

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

joke_explainer posted:

My second play through of disco elysium where I had volition and inland empire completely changed the game for me. Was awesome both times

inland empire is very good

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
finished the witcher 3 last night finally, and it was also, very good

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
im too bad at video games to play any shmups

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i considered getting it in the past but my friends werent interested. may pick it up, will let you know if i do

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
nice. i couldnt play the second one very much because the keys were inconsistent for similar ingredients across different dishes, and weren't intuitive to me at all. hopefully that isnt the case with 3

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im really glad i only play indie games cos idk most big budget games feel liek they want all of my money whereas with isaac or gungeon or whatever else its less insulting to play

so many are so good too. i still play some isaac every now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i didnt even buy the last expansion because i cant even remember all the items in afterbirth and have to use a wiki while i play lol