Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
2010 Chevy Impala LS 3.5L Flex fuel

I got my tire pressure monitoring sensors replaced about a year ago because one died and I just decided to replace them all (they were the factory sensors, I figured the others weren't far behind). Randomly now, my right front or left rear tire pressure sensor will lose connection which prompts the light and warning on the dash. After turning the car off for a short bit (15+ mins) and then back on, the tire monitoring system will work just fine again. I'm thinking maybe its the board that they connect or report to, but I'm not sure exactly what that is, or how to check it. Any help to get me started in the right direction would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
I will admit, I didn't do my own due diligence and just went to Discount Tire. And no, I didn't get the old ones back. Because I didn't think I had any need for them.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
I should add that sometimes it's one of the sensors, sometimes it's both, and sometimes they comeback during the drive and sometimes they don't. But powering down the car for a bit will always bring them back on start up. But I will see about getting the sensors checked. Thanks for the help!