Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I saw a car in the parking lot with one of the five wheels lugs missing. Is that as much of a death trap as I think it is?

Rear wheel on a volvo xc90 in the unlikely event it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Important AI question: Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna?

:suicide:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Got new rotors/pads put my car. Noticed that there seemed to be some noise rolling, but stupidly did not turn around. Parked my car at work, and I smell burnt brake, and the left front wheel area is scorching hot. How loving bad is my mechanic?

I will have about 40 miles on this before I get it back in the shop. Any chance my new rotor or pad will be hosed?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

4x4 minivans aren't really a thing other than the recent, expensive AWD Toyota Sienna or the old as gently caress Toyota Previa.

4x4 trucks and SUVs either get awful fuel economy, or are expensive because they're new-ish.
Sienna has been offered in AWD continuously since at least 2004, per a quick scan of cargurus.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

What do I do about weather stripping or whatever this is falling off of windows? Car is a 2007-ish lexus gx.

Will bad things happen if I just cut it?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Is there some good article/story on how 1.5L engines in the mid-80s made like 1200 horsepower in race form?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Ford retractable running board question (2018 expedition) - how do I get them to work?

Youtube videos seem to suggest just hosing the poo poo out of the joints with a PB blaster or equivalent, then WD-40 or equivalent, then finish with a spray lubricant. Is that basically it? Is there a secret?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Are there any recent year supercars that include a roof scoop? I saw one today and holy poo poo was it amazing looking.