Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Brightest OEM replacement headlight?

My girlfriend bought a 2010 Honda Insight and the headlights are terrible. We're going to polish the oxidation off and make sure they're properly leveled but we're looking for a brighter than stock H11 bulb. I understand we're probably going to eat a fair amount of reliability, 200 hours of life is acceptable for a significant brightness increase.

What are your experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Network42 posted:

I want as sporty a car as possible and have a budget of around $20k, I have a 2 year old son I'd like to be able to cart around his car seat and my wife, is there anything else I should add to my list of stuff to look at?

Used FRS/BRZ
2nd gen Audi TT
996 911
E46 M3

Not really wowed by the sn197 mustang

I had a similar situation and went with an STi. No kids yet but planned on in the life of the car. Could also do a new no-options WRX for a little more.

The FRS back seat is very small...good luck with a car seat. I like the car and as a bang for the buck it is great....but it is no STi when it come to power.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I'm going on a road trip in the south eastern US and looking to rent a car for around $60/day that has limited self driving features. Basically, adaptive cruise control and lane centering steering down to a stop that works on turns on the highway. Ideally I'd get a Tesla with Autopilot. Unfortunately, Teslas in my state on Turo are about $150/day when you include unlimited mileage and other fees and no rental car companies I see around here say yes you can rent a Tesla for $X per day.

TLDR: What rental cars have limited self driving features and can be rented for $<60/day?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Motronic posted:

Almost nothing for under $60/day is going to have ACC an lane centering. In cars that MIGHT be in that price point you are looking at the highest trims and even then it's largely optional equipment. I'd say your best bet to get close would be looking at Ford Fusions, Nissan Sentras, and Toyota Camrys.

I guess barring sitting in every car, is anyone aware of being able to call and request these features at a rental place.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Has anyone replaced the slider on a window regulator like the design below? My wifes 2010 insight window regulator popped out of the track that clamps the glass. It appears its a ball joint in a little white plastic follower, shown below in red. I can likely remove one bolt on the glass clamping part and slide in a new follower.

A replacement regulator is $80 from rockauto but I figured this looked like a job where 3D printing might actually be much easier as I bet removing that window regulator is a bitch. Anyone attempted something similar? Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

ryanrs posted:

Tip: Don't use PLA, it will melt in service.

Oooh good point this is a black car in a hot place. And of course I only have PLA or PLA+Wood on the shelf.

I kinda wonder if I can put a c-clip or an e-clip on it...somehow. It has a little shafty bit. I might be overthinking this for $80 and for the back window of a car thats worth $2K.