Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
Now that the weather is warmer, my 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SL seems to be blowing warm air when the AC is turned on. I bought some refrigerant for hopefully an easy fix, but when I attached the gauge, it seemed to read within what was normal for the current outside temperature. I hooked up the extra refrigerant anyway, but the pressure dial jumps all the way to the right way past the max and just stays there. I'm hesitant to try it again as I'm afraid my arm will turn into an icy pink mist.

It appears that the AC compressor isn't spinning, though I've read it could be low refrigerant causing the clutch to not engage? The RPM dial jumps a bit whenever I hit the AC button, and goes back down when I turn it off, but maybe that's just the engine preparing for the extra load of the compressor? I've checked and replaced the fuse under the hood marked 'AC', but still no dice. I'm going to check the compressor relay and other electrical connections, but I'm wondering about the weirdness with re-charging and if I should attempt it again, or does it mean the amount of refrigerant is fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life

Motronic posted:

Don't just jack refrigerant into it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852329&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e: Dammit, that thread fell into the archives. Time to make a new one.

ee: It's back for 2019: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888018

Oh nice, reading through that now.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does it act like it wants to cycle?

edit: Meaning does the clutch on the compressor come on for a few seconds then stops?

No, it doesn't spin at all.