Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Trying to get some second opinions as I am not a car guy and barely could replace my battery.

02 Spec-V
Replaced alternator in October for some weird idle and start issues, guess it's common for my model.

This past weekend I was driving back home 250 miles and the weather was about 5F upon my arrival Sunday night. Monday it was even colder and my car would crank but not "spark" or fire up. Eventually the battery died and I tried jumping it, but it would just chug and chug but not get running.

Gas is about 1/4 full, put Heet in later that day and tried jumping again to no avail. Replaced battery and got a little closer but still nothing. The temperature hasn't been above freezing all week and it likely won't for a few weeks. Could putting a bit more gas in be a thing to do? Some people have suggested stuff like the fuel pump and whatnot but I honestly have no idea what any of that stuff is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU