Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Tire question:

I have a '03 Suburban with Cooper Discover AT/3's that have 50,000 miles on them. I rotate every 5,000 miles when I change the oil. The inside tread of all 4 tires has worn down to about 10-20% but the rest of the tread is all 40-50%. I want to have the tires flipped inside-out so that the tread will wear more evenly, but this means that the tires will be rotating in the opposite direction. Is changing the direction of rotation after 50,000 miles asking for trouble? I've heard it could cause cords to shift and could cause tread separation, but I have also read that those are old myths.

What would you guys do?

As a side note: Cooper Discover AT/3's have been amazing in everything from long distance (2,000 mile trips) highway cruising, light off-roading, wet traction, and deep snow. Would recommend, will buy again. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
2008 Chevrolet express 2500 cargo van.

Is there any way to upgrade the blower motor and blower wheel so that my my ac and heat feel like more than an asthmatic toddler wheezing on me? I can replace the whole motor and wheel for $25-75 from rock auto but I feel like it’s always been weak, so what I really want to do is upgrade it. Any ideas?