Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Got some new (actually new, not new-to-me) wheels in the mail and I think I'm going to plastidip them since it's significantly less effort than actually painting them and the prep work is basically "make sure that the surface doesn't have visible debris".

Question: Should I plastidip them before getting the tires mounted or do it afterwards? The Discount Tire I go to is extremely careful and don't use gobs of goo to get the tires on.
Bonus question: Is Sonax safe on plastidip?

Also, any resources that aren't VW Vortex would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm going with the gold because BLACK GOLD

But I think it'll turn out alright: http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/FonzieDYC/media/DSC_0758_zpsa331c4fe.jpg.html

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Civic Si has a pretty unforgiving engine bay. Something to keep in mind.

They're both excellent cars, though. They're both a bit fat, but they're both extremely fun.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Civic has the K20. It's pretty bad, but it doesn't have as much stuff in the bay as the MS3.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Door Frame posted:

Depends on where you live, because that sounds ~$75 more than it should to me, but it could be normal for your area. However, a well done tint is worth every penny, any bubbles or lines from an amateur install will drive you crazy every time you see them. Plus, you want them to treat your interior well

Is there any realistic way to combat torque-steer? A million forums posts say it's about stiffening the body and beefing up the suspension and all of that stuff, but it's caused by the forces on the different sized drive shafts in a transaxle, so it seems more tilting at windmills without modifying the transmission itself

Yeah, buy a RWD car like God intended. :911:

On a serious note, there are ways to mitigate it; however, after once you're pushing 200+ HP to the front wheels, you're eventually going to just wind up having to deal with it. The tilting at windmills is a very apt metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Does the Prius have a floor hinged gas pedal?

E: it doesn't