Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
Dio thinks he's a god; only the Harvest Goddess would be an appropriate bride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

NullBlack posted:

Dio thinks he's a god; only the Harvest Goddess would be an appropriate bride.

:raise:

I hope you're trying to say that he's not just a god but The God. The Harvest "Goddess" is just a fairy elf.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Veloxyll posted:

Also, the skip the Tutorial/intro window stays on the video for the whole intro/tutorial sequence.

Because I made it that way.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This LP operates on Louis's days off.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 11, 2015

Cooking Magpie
Jul 25, 2012
The Funland Trio theme sounds so much like the Turk theme.

And I think the pointy-eared dog is a good choice.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Casting my vote for Alice Because what better way to conquer your antagonists?

zerosix fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 11, 2015

Gazooki
Feb 17, 2012

My Name Is Not Ehsan
Definitely gotta vote for Alice. The bad girls are always way more fun.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The DS series Harvest Goddess has kinda been a bitch for a while. Since DS, I think.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

lovely-Team Rocket reminds me of the Turks from FF7.

KaineWraith
Oct 30, 2011
I would like to change my vote from Dia to Alice because she must have more money.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I think sun bears have that chest patch like on the toy. I reckon those raccoons in Two Towns are tanuki, though; both tanuki and red pandas get translated as "raccoon" in America but raccoons actually do not live in Japan. Also, despite the rather inventive mythology surrounding them, tanuki are a real animal. I think the assumption is that all tanuki (and foxes, and cats, and a number of other animals) are mystical, but they're too crafty to show it around humans.

So if Alice is a bachelorette, will marrying her save the town, or will it suddenly make you sympathetic to her corporate schemes?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The criteria for marriage usually doesn't kick in until after year 2 in HM games. So I'm guessing you can't marry her until after you've saved the town.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ThornBrain posted:

Because I made it that way.

Ahem. blonde moment - I more meant it covers the dialogue box.

Also, can Dio also seduce the Harvest Goddess or does the game not support girl on goddess romance?

Also, pick the rear end in a top hat brown horse who you almost couldn't talk to.

If we really hated you, we'd make you wife Alice.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 12, 2015

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kurieg posted:

The criteria for marriage usually doesn't kick in until after year 2 in HM games. So I'm guessing you can't marry her until after you've saved the town.

The game completely ends after year 2 Winter in this game.

And most Harvest Moon games I know about open marriage after year 1. At least, that's how MFoMT does it. I don't think there are any blocks on when you can propose in ToTT/ANB as long as you fulfilled all the requirements.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

Veloxyll posted:

Also, can Dio also seduce the Harvest Goddess or does the game not support girl on goddess romance?

If only there were a Harvest God :smith:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Veloxyll posted:

Harvest Goddess isn't marriageable even if you're a dude in this game. Though you can marry a nun if you don't care about kids.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

hopeandjoy posted:

The game completely ends after year 2 Winter in this game.

And most Harvest Moon games I know about open marriage after year 1. At least, that's how MFoMT does it. I don't think there are any blocks on when you can propose in ToTT/ANB as long as you fulfilled all the requirements.

Really? According to the guide I'm looking at it says you can't marry anyone until year 3 after the main plot in HOLV.

asymmetrical posted:

If only there were a Harvest God :smith:
Not in this game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Really? According to the guide I'm looking at it says you can't marry anyone until year 3 after the main plot in HOLV.

I'll admit that most of my knowledge of this game is actually coming from Save the Homeland, which probably shouldn't be trusted.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Can we give secondary votes? Cause if so, I'm giving mine to Alice.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

hopeandjoy posted:

I'll admit that most of my knowledge of this game is actually coming from Save the Homeland, which probably shouldn't be trusted.

Yeah, not the best source. There's no romance in Save the Homeland, for one.

Chimera-gui posted:

Can we give secondary votes? Cause if so, I'm giving mine to Alice.

Only one per person for now. Easier to keep track of.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Alright, I'll change my vote to Alice then.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse
You should marry Alice and then build Funland anyway.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
You should totally be taling to/grooming the Black Beauty first. Dio deserves a sexy horse.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Changing my vote to Alice

Guys like the bad boy. Also Black horse

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I would say ThornBrain, that the Harvest Goddess takes after more or less greek goddesses, who go a little batshit and tend to act like they didn't do anything wrong, it was the humans who did stuff wrong.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Kalon's God of War LP had a lot of great discussion about this, but the short version is that the really notable thing about Greek Gods is that they were more or less a cautionary tale of what would happen if you gave regular-rear end human beings divine powers (not like...on purpose, it just worked out like that now that we have the benefit of hindsight and not many people worshipping those particular gods anymore). Greek gods did what the gently caress they wanted, when the gently caress they wanted, and drat the consequences because I'm a god and your dumb rear end is a greasy pile of ash now. They were also spiteful as hell; not doing their will because their will was physically impossible, or even because another god directly intervened to prevent you, was still your fault and you would be punished just the same as if you were a lazy slacker who didn't bother.

Basically what I'm saying is the people of the Harvest Moon series should count themselves lucky they only have ONE goddess.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dr. Buttass posted:

Kalon's God of War LP had a lot of great discussion about this, but the short version is that the really notable thing about Greek Gods is that they were more or less a cautionary tale of what would happen if you gave regular-rear end human beings divine powers (not like...on purpose, it just worked out like that now that we have the benefit of hindsight and not many people worshipping those particular gods anymore). Greek gods did what the gently caress they wanted, when the gently caress they wanted, and drat the consequences because I'm a god and your dumb rear end is a greasy pile of ash now. They were also spiteful as hell; not doing their will because their will was physically impossible, or even because another god directly intervened to prevent you, was still your fault and you would be punished just the same as if you were a lazy slacker who didn't bother.

Basically what I'm saying is the people of the Harvest Moon series should count themselves lucky they only have ONE goddess.

Also don't show them up because they will wreck your poo poo.

And/or turn you into a spider.

After raping you.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'm partial to the white horse with the soulless eyes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for Ginger Horse! It's the least natural looking one.

Also changing my vote from Gwen to Alice because she's the last one introducedthe least nature-loving one, which means she needs some DIO-lovin' to show her the true meaning of being a Harvest Moon character.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Prepare for Trouble, and Make it Double, let's marry Alice.

Also the Red Horse, since it's red it should go faster.

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

Marry Alice.

Get the black horse.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Get Alice, marry the red horse

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Throwing in a call for Alice. She may be a jerk, but she's founded a successful company and that's a good quality in a person.

As for the horse: No Name.

Word on the Wind fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 12, 2015

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Marry Alice, get the Red Horse.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Recording more footage later tonight after my stream of Tomodachi Life. I've decided to name ToTT's horse Tengri, because he makes everything a breeze. HoLV's horse will continue to be voted on, though BoJack is in the lead with votes as far as names and the red horse as far as colour.
Other animals, since everyone has made so many suggestions, I've decided will be anything I like out of everyone's suggestions. We'll have plenty of cows in both games.

I feel like we need cow versions of smilies now. Like all the frog ones.
:catdrugs: < COW DRUGS

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That girl that you went for your first time Thorn Brain

sgt turtle
May 2, 2009
I'd like to change my vote to Alice

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I say go with Harvest Goddess
While Alice might be the CEO of a major company, that doesn't trump a literal goddess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I say go with Harvest Goddess
While Alice might be the CEO of a major company, that doesn't trump a literal goddess.

Alice had to work hard to be born to rich parents, the Harvest Goddess literally just came into existence with her title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Mehuyael posted:

Alice had to work hard to be born to rich parents, the Harvest Goddess literally just came into existence with her title.

She is still a goddess, and getting in with a goddess makes you basically a god.

• Locked thread