Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I am surprisingly really enjoying this informative VLP of Best Farming "Simulation" Series Ever Game PSP Version Deluxe Ultra Plus.

The last Harvest I played was Rune Factory 3, and it really had the problem of the bachelorettes looking way too young. Oh well, I think a couple looked adultish.

I vote for Gwen because animal people are good people, also she looks like an adult, always a plus in the later Harvest Moon games. I was thinking of voting for Lyla since I woo'd the flower girl in the original Harvest Moon, but as you said, she's one of those people.

Gonna vote for RedBlue Bandana dog too, call him Gin so he can protect you from bearsBandana Dee just because.

Chicken - Eggman, Cow - Milkman, Horse - Lucky

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

All that meant was she's one of those eyes-permanently-closed characters.

That's also what I meant. 'Don't marry'er 'til you see the whites in 'er eyes,' Gramps used to say!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Switched my vote from red bandana dog to blue, and name to Bandana Dee, because he's cooler than Gin.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

NullBlack posted:

Dio thinks he's a god; only the Harvest Goddess would be an appropriate bride.

:raise:

I hope you're trying to say that he's not just a god but The God. The Harvest "Goddess" is just a fairy elf.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for Ginger Horse! It's the least natural looking one.

Also changing my vote from Gwen to Alice because she's the last one introducedthe least nature-loving one, which means she needs some DIO-lovin' to show her the true meaning of being a Harvest Moon character.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I say go with Harvest Goddess
While Alice might be the CEO of a major company, that doesn't trump a literal goddess.

Alice had to work hard to be born to rich parents, the Harvest Goddess literally just came into existence with her title.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Senior Scarybagels posted:

She is still a goddess, and getting in with a goddess makes you basically a god.

I just found out this isn't the good Dio, so I don't care anymore.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could play the later Harvest Moons, but I'm just so annoyed by the requirement for strict time management, or at least it feels like it. The original one was easy since the town was just one screen, you didn't have to keep talking to everyone to befriend them, and of course the fact you could go ship things out in the morning, leave the farm in the noon, then return in the evening and work in the farm forever since time stopped passing after I think 6PM.

As is in the later Harvest Moons I've played I keep missing sleep and feel so rushed since I want to work on the farm, talk with people, woo someone, fish, maybe slay monsters in the Rune Factories, etc' etc'... I never feel like I can do enough in a single day.

Maybe I should try using an emulator and getting a time stop code or something.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Roar posted:

Simple solution: don't try and be best friends with everyone? It's like real life; you don't have enough time in the day to personal visit with everyone and bring them a box of flour. v:shobon:v

I'm not as much of a huge fan of the later HM games because of the enormous amount of complexity some of them being. A Wonderful Life was particularly bad about that.

I was being hyperbolic. My main point was that time management is a bitch in the later games, it feels like you need to be very precise with what you do and it's not fun for me. If somehow someone made a mix of all the best things from Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing it would be pretty awesome... Though it would have to be on the PC for me to be able to play it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess I'll vote since there's not enough voting. Striped Cart - you decided to be in the west, may as well go all the way.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

The next ToTT is also on the way, but I wanted to get this one up so that you all can vote on what endings you definitely want to see. Some will probably happen anyway, but I want to be sure which ones are most wanted.
Remember, you have to pick three from the same category: Nature Preserve.

The Tale of Blue Mist and Azure Swallowtail (Lyla)
The Tale of the Endangered Weasel (Gwen)
The Tale of Golden Potato Seed (Dia)
The Tale of Blue Bird (Aurelia)
The Tale of Silver Fish (Joe & Kurt)
The Hundred Years Old Cherry Tree (Parsley or Tim)
The Secret Fossil (Rudolph)

I was sold on The Secret Fossil, the rest are for Blue Supremacy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why doesn't I get an ending? Why always Weasel?!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I almost forgot about Alice. It really sucks she doesn't seem to really hang out around town, would be nice if IWID could interact with his future wife (I think?) more.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Jenkins. Can be for the baby, for an animal, whatever you decide.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Awww... I think picking Alice was the wrong thing to do. You didn't mention it, but I bet it hurt that you had to pick 'I came to talk' rather than 'I came to laugh'.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

I actually came to like Alice a lot through the course of this LP. I'm an rear end in a top hat, but I'm bad at it; I don't like to pick the hurtful dialogue option most of the time.

I guess you're right, not acting like a Dio is a good thing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Every time I hear that victorious music in the final scene of one of the "quests" I feel the urge to try and just take all those final scenes and put them in a video with that Chariots of Fire theme in the background throughout.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know there's still a couple episodes left, but it won't be the same without these farm-life videos... Do you have plans for future LPs of laid-back games?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As I said I really enjoyed the LPs (more so the HoLV one, but they were both great).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you do make another HM/RF LP I'll probably watch it!

If it turns out to be RF4 then I suggest Rube, because somehow the main protags of RF games always get suckered into working at the farm.

Also you could call the farm Goldberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

I'm already well into recording both RF4 and Story of Seasons. You'll see who got named what. I'll post here when the new thread is up, but until then, both LPs have been archived:
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Hero-of-Leaf-Valley/
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Tale-of-Two-Towns/

Oh well, hope it's not more JoJo, though I enjoyed these LPs a lot in spite of that.

• Locked thread