Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sinteres posted:

I'd be surprised. Chuck still needs somebody to visit and take care of him, and graduating from a tinfoil suit liner to a tinfoil house is a pretty good way of showing his law firm he's not in any position to be doing any work there. On top of that, it provides Jimmy with a lot more ammunition if he ever does decide to have Chuck committed. He's crazy, not stupid.

Tinfoil house was a ruse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Jimmy fell for one of the classic blunders.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Xoidanor posted:

Right, that's what I'm saying. Even if there's a part of him that would actually want it, he'd never give in to that desire since he's fully aware of the effect that seeing it has on other people.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Jimmy fell for one of the classic blunders.

Never get involved in a land war in Asia?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RCarr posted:

Never get involved in a land war in Asia?

Well, his is only SLIGHTLY less well-known than that.

THAT'S WHAT'S SO FUNNY! He flicked a switch while Jimmy's back was turned, haha, the fool.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

While Chuck is definitely smart uh he kind of has no self awareness. he made every employee in the building put their phones and watches in a tray whenever he'd come in.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xoidanor posted:

No, i don't believe it was a ruse. His logic was correct, the plaster wouldnt block out electromagetic waves. I'm actually surprised he didn't put up chicken wire around his room for a true faraday cage, but he probably didn't have any handy.

Now, what drove him to this? Its obvious what he really has is a fear of going outside and seeing the real world. The law is safe for him, its logical, its a known entity, and he's good at it. The outside world is chaotic and unpredictable, which scares him.

I'm guessing the final trigger was his wife. Either she died, or she left him and that drove him over the edge.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, his is only SLIGHTLY less well-known than that.

THAT'S WHAT'S SO FUNNY! He flicked a switch while Jimmy's back was turned, haha, the fool.

ha ha ha ha! ha ha ha ha h-*enters electricity coma*

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cimber posted:

No, i don't believe it was a ruse. His logic was correct, the plaster wouldnt block out electromagetic waves. I'm actually surprised he didn't put up chicken wire around his room for a true faraday cage, but he probably didn't have any handy.

Now, what drove him to this? Its obvious what he really has is a fear of going outside and seeing the real world. The law is safe for him, its logical, its a known entity, and he's good at it. The outside world is chaotic and unpredictable, which scares him.

I'm guessing the final trigger was his wife. Either she died, or she left him and that drove him over the edge.

What if she died of some weird electric shock accident and he got zapped trying to pull her off.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

What if she died of some weird electric shock accident and he got zapped trying to pull her off.

No you see there was this switch at Chuck's house, and no one knew what it did ...

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

iamsosmrt posted:

She was sacrificed to Raiden.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Thomas Edison fried her to prove the power of DC electricity.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

popewiles posted:

Complete lol at the idea that someone could pass the BAR in any state "without really understanding the subject matter".

Edit: vvvvv that did cross my mind, but for all intents and purposes Frank Abagnale Jr. is more like a trickster god than a human being. The stuff in his memoirs is even crazier than what made it into the movie.

As someone who has passed a bar exam, you would have a pretty good shot at it in a lot of states just from one of those summer-long bar prep courses even if you never went to law school.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mons Hubris posted:

As someone who has passed a bar exam, you would have a pretty good shot at it in a lot of states just from one of those summer-long bar prep courses even if you never went to law school.

What if I've watched all the Law and Order shows for most of my adult life?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

I know a guy who just failed the MA bar after going to a top 15 school. Explain.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Thomas Edison fried her to prove the power of DC electricity.

Now I'm imagining the ghost of Edison traveling the country electrocuting people's loved ones to show the dangers of AC current.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

iamsosmrt posted:

I know a guy who just failed the MA bar after going to a top 15 school. Explain.

Not a good test taker.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

iamsosmrt posted:

There's plenty of stuff on the bar like secured transactions, family law, etc. that I never took a class for and just learned through Barbri (plus poo poo like property law that I forgot 90% of after the class). MA may just have a hard bar exam, I know states like NY and CA are known to be especially tough.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So as a layman with a library card I can become a lawyer if the state bar exam is special ed level like in NM?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

So as a layman with a library card I can become a lawyer if the state bar exam is special ed level like in NM?

Nah you generally still have to have a JD to sit for the bar except in a few states.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.
Google tells me that a handful of states allow you to do a sort of apprenticeship at a law firm as a pre requisite for the bar exam but the details vary.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Mons Hubris posted:

There's plenty of stuff on the bar like secured transactions, family law, etc. that I never took a class for and just learned through Barbri (plus poo poo like property law that I forgot 90% of after the class). MA may just have a hard bar exam, I know states like NY and CA are known to be especially tough.

This is absolutely true. I passed a bar exam and I still don't know what the hell commercial paper is. Something to do with the legal definition of a check? Barbri may be a terrible monopoly, but it's a good cramming solution.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Ninja Bob posted:

This is absolutely true. I passed a bar exam and I still don't know what the hell commercial paper is.

Short term unsecured debt issued by companies. Typically has a duration under 30 days. Huge market for it and it gets traded a lot. Most money market mutual funds trade in commercial paper since its really safe but has a low return.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not to be confused with a "paper commercial" as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WDh-tfJkM

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Any word on when season 2 will hit netflix, if ever?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Um it's been on there since the second season launched?

That's UK netflix tho, not sure about the US, but I assume it's the same?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, that can't be right. We'd have seen a million spoilers if that was true. Maybe you're thinking of season 1?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Some shows on Netflix will have episodes added as they air, rather than in full-season blocks. Netflix never does it with their own shows, but they sometimes will do it with shows from other networks. I think BCS works like that for UK viewers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Netflix does it for shows that aren't normally distributed in whatever market.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So, no.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
It'll be on Netflix in like a year in the US.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Ask your Chinese friends how to set up a VPN so you can make America great again!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Malaysian netflix had the s2 episodes up within a couple hours of their broadcast in the US :smug:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

sinking belle posted:

Malaysian netflix had the s2 episodes up within a couple hours of their broadcast in the US :smug:

same but Europe

BringBackATV
Jan 1, 2002
Rainbow Rider

Supercar Gautier posted:

Some shows on Netflix will have episodes added as they air, rather than in full-season blocks. Netflix never does it with their own shows, but they sometimes will do it with shows from other networks. I think BCS works like that for UK viewers.

Yes that's exactly how it works - new episodes hit Netflix UK every Tuesday, the day following Monday US air date

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Like the day after on netflix France (technically 6 hours later, thank you time-zones). It depends on the market and who owns the rights and how they licensed them. It's even funnier when netflix sold the right of one of their show (let's say house of card) for a few seasons to another tv company in a country then open their site in said country and they can't even show their own show at the release date because of rights bullshit. Digital rights catalogues are a nightmare.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 30, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's odd that it's not all over Netflix US when Netflix made BB and BCS popular in every other territory.

Both shows are pretty much synonymous with Netflix in the UK.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

It's odd that it's not all over Netflix US when Netflix made BB and BCS popular in every other territory.

Both shows are pretty much synonymous with Netflix in the UK.
It really depends on the contract between AMC and Netflix for the digital distribution rights in the US.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, it's not because of Netflix, but AMC. I'm not saying it's going on here, but I hear a lot of people bitching about Netflix availability, and they don't realize that if Netflix had their way, all items in the catalogue would be available worldwide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
From what I can recall of S1, it showed up on Netflix a couple of months after it was out on physical media.

• Locked thread