Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

Can you name any shows with 20+ episode seasons that are anywhere near the same quality as Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul?

Spongebob Squarepants? ATLA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There are a few things he could do with the recording.

1) Directly threaten/extort Jimmy with it
2) Give it to Kim thinking she doesn't know, she gets pissed at Jimmy anyway for letting it slip
3) Share it with Howard and sue Jimmy
4) Give it to the Mesa Verde people to gently caress over Kim, and by extension Jimmy, which would probably result in them suing.

Personally I think the latter is more likely and better fitting with how we've seen Chuck act, but who knows. We've got a whole year!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

if Chuck gives it to Mesa Verde h'd be humiliating himself. He already lost them, to show up weeks later, saying "see, I told you I didn't make a mistake, I have tape where I act like I'm having a psychological breakdown to get my brother to admit he did it!" would not help his case

I don't really think he gives a single gently caress about that, at this point. He's resigned from both his job and the ABA, everyone who knows him thinks he's a nutcase already, and he's shown he is more than willing to do whatever it takes to give Jimmy poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I think Hamlin already knows it, he just also knows he can't do anything about it and is trying to do the best he can with the hand he's dealt.

You can tell there's a lot of resentment there.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We pretty much saw what happened with Jimmy and his dad. His dad was a total sucker and gave money away to tons of people. Jimmy took a bit here and there but it was likely a drop in the bucket compared to the rest, and that's the only reason he did it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

JVNO posted:

Someone pointed out earlier one of the songs Chuck plays on piano is about a wife who falls for her husband's brother. If this is true, then there's not too much ambiguity about what happened to their marriage, but there's still the question of how it all went down.

I could see it being left to background detail though, much like Walt's falling out with grey matter and whatnot.

That's... a stretch. The song was written as incidental music for a different play, never got used for it, then got stuck in as an incidental piece for that play later on, but it's a fairly well known string+piano duet piece totally apart from that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

Better cuck Chuck.

This filter made my week.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's only extortion if he holds it back under condition of something being done in return. If he just records it and shows it to whoever, that's not extortion.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sinteres posted:

I get the concept, and that people can be stubbornly persistent in their denial of facts, especially when their senses are telling them something different, but I still think a real person would probably have realized by now that his ability to manage his condition seems to come and go depending on his mental state. He may not be comfortable with the idea of mental illness, but he's not living in the 1800's where the concept is completely foreign to him either. I get that it's a narrative device though, so it doesn't really matter.

I don't think you understand how mental illness works.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Didn't even get nominated? :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How is Dany 1) not a leading role and 2) considered "good acting"

• Locked thread