Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Great Beer posted:

Watching the episode again and i can't stop mentally replacing Jimmy and toilet guy with Michael Bluth and Tobias Funke. The scene could easily have been in arrested development.

YES. Agreed completely. The comic timing, absurdity, and just how hopelessly genuine toilet guy was. So unbelievably funny, my girlfriend and I are still quoting it.

Austrian mook posted:

What? What kind of analogy is this?

It's you. The turd in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

VagueRant posted:

Guys, I am 4 eps into season 5 and I hate Walt SO MUCH. Argh!

He is the worst and it's re-contextualising my view on the ending because this fucker needs some comeuppance and I know he doesn't really get it.

You don't know. His entire life is in shambles by the end. He isn't a sympathetic character, and they treat him as such. You'll enjoy the ending.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Really? Because I'd rather not see a page of information analyzing really minor, minor plot points that people are looking way too much into. It's like being on the Game of Thrones subreddit.

Yeah, effort posts are better than shitposts. Welcome to the forums?

I admit, I was a bit shocked at Saul's outburst at the end of this episode, but a rewatch would have helped. A post here helped me realize he's reacting to EVERYTHING, not just Kim or the Case of What Money? Thanks for contributing to a conversation that can be insightful.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kuiperdolin posted:

She also had the least gags of the main cast and gags make a character sympathetic.

Skyler really didn't need any help being sympathetic unless you're an rear end in a top hat, full stop.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
The podcast for the Mikeisode is really excellent, start to finish. It takes them a long time to get to the meat of the episode, but that's the only negative thing to say about it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Parity warning posted:

:eyepop: TVIV posters either can't identify a joke or assume the joke is a troll :eyepop:

lighten up idiots

In this instance you really can't blame the posters on Austrian Mook's joke falling flat.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cromulent posted:

I'd like the podcasts a lot better if each one started with "Everyone involved with this is amazing, talented, sweet and gracious." and then each person said thank you and you're welcome and they got on with talking about the episode. I'm not saying they're being phony or anything, but it seems like every anecdote has to be padded with "And Peter wrote that, that was his idea. He's so good, that was such a great idea. What a sweet guy, too. So lucky to have him." We get it, you all appreciate each other.

I'm fascinated by all their wonderful teams and specific wonderful members of the show and the wonderful shots they get... :v: Vince tried to avoid using that word for half an episode, to no avail.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

I'm a bit late, but the ending of this episode did an amazing visual job on how Chuck sees the outside world. I don't know if it's just me, but everything around Chuck looked like a vague, endless void (and not just because it was out of focus).

I'd like to know which episode you just watched, because the end of the most recent episode is shot in focus and has no endless void to speak of.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

monster on a stick posted:

There were something like 30 episodes of COPS filmed in Albuquerque, so the answer is a lot of criminals.

Ed:nah

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cimber posted:

I would'nt exactly call him a good guy. He's still a prick, but He's just not out to get Jimmy for personal reasons.

Hamlin is a handsome devil and my favorite of the new characters. (That children's inventor is #2) He's a lawyer.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Accretionist posted:

:aaaaa:

That legit never occurred to me.

The undesirables are trolls in this instance. It really didn't work at keeping poors out, I'm here :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Don't even contact him, just make this a reality: http://youtu.be/fSUK4WgQ3vk

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jake Armitage posted:

Its amazing reading over this thread how many posters don't seem to have any idea who Michael McKean is. Its a tragedy if the younger generations aren't aware of Spinal Tap. Forget the thousand other things he's been in, even SNL, but for God's sake watch Spinal Tap, its practically part of our culture.

Yeah, track down a copy and watch This is Spinal Tap. loving hilarious movie. It's such a staple of comedy and so many things reference it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Last Chance posted:

I can't even remember a single scene with just Saul doing his own thing and not doing a task for Walt/Jesse

This is why I wouldn't be offended if this show went into that timeframe. I do agree it'd be better if you never saw Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston, but either way these guys are going to knock it out of the park with whatever they decide to do.

Sex toilet.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Chamale posted:

They kind of gave up on Fly ahead of time. They were going over budget for the season, so they decided to do an episode with very few characters, effects, and locations. Season 3, episode 10 was scheduled to air at the same time as the Lost finale, so they decided it would be the best one to film cheaply.

The episode we got was brilliant.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Chamale posted:

2016, exact date unannounced.

It's going to be a very long year.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

corn in the fridge posted:

I've forgotten what happens at the end of the first season of this show

Soooo watch it again. It's ten episodes. You have a month.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

How dare you talk bad about long winter sun and into the badlands.

I remember they started long winter sun during a walking dead season before Talking Dead became a show. They said they would show a preview for The Walking Dead during the first commercial break. It didn't happen in till 45 minutes into long winter sun.

You care so much you forgot the show is named Low Winter Sun.

It's awful, np.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

mycot posted:

Yeah reading stuff like this makes me wonder how anyone could write long-term stories for TV at all because of all the completely unpreventable poo poo that could happen at any moment.

I'm reminded of Kal Penn's character inexplicably committing suicide mid-season, off screen, in House. That was confusing until I looked up the news - he had joined Obama's administration! :laugh:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Raxivace posted:

They did that with Better Call Saul as well. Somebody's job was actually to cut together every scene of Saul from Breaking Bad together so the writers could get ideas, look back at the character etc. before writing season 1.

That would be a fun job. I'd actually be surprised if a fan hasn't done the same at this point - I recently found a Chewbacca supercut of Empire Strikes Back. That made for a silly fifteen minutes or so.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

Can't say I blame her if that's the case, especially since she went from someone who appeared for a few minutes every couple episodes to being in nearly every episode.

No poo poo, that show was House, Cuddy, and Wilson in that order.

Maybe House+Wilson and Cuddy. He did quietly steal the show often.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Captain von Trapp posted:

I figure Walt was a basically bad person who'd lived a largely good life out of convenience, and Jesse was a basically good person who'd lived a largely bad life for the same reason. Jimmy's a more complex guy somewhere in the middle, except nothing in his life has ever been convenient. He's been dealt a pretty rough hand. He's certainly a very different character from the BB protagonists.

If you appreciate Breaking Bad for being extremely American, you're still fascinated by BCS. Or it's just me.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
God drat, this show is fantastic to rewatch!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

lifts cats over head posted:

Those first clients he represented on BCS were pretty wacky.

I don't remember the episode number, but the one that opens with him visiting clients at their homes was just incredible. Started quoting the sex toilet out of the blue and my girlfriend laughed until she nearly fell out of her chair (pretty sure she forgot about that scene entirely).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Was I the only person who thought the cobbler was a big cakefarts reference?!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Antifreeze Head posted:

Yeah, I noted (and loved that) but it was weird. It makes sense to today's audience since the Royals have been to the world series twice in a row, but in the early 2000s they were losing up to 100 games per season. Maybe her character is from Olathe or something, because there was no bandwagon for KC when Better Call Saul takes place.

Maybe she isn't a bandwagon fan and just loves the drat Royals :colbert:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I think the writers crawled too far up their own arses to be honest. I can't see how audiences can really give enough of a poo poo about poor plucky little misunderstood Jimmy to justify dragging that out to two whole seasons. One season should have been enough, then BAM - Saul is in da house.

Hello! I give a poo poo because I've been watching the show, you should try it. Plucky lil Jimmy isn't so plucky any more. He's directionless and frustrated by his lack of agency, much like Walt at the beginning of Breaking Bad. It's a great bit of character development I hope you get to experience one day!

quote:

All people really want to see at this point is Saul Goodman being Saul Goodman and up to all sorts of actual proper shady poo poo with various lowlifes and thugs.

Lots of people are watching this show who haven't seen Breaking Bad, so this is patently false as well. The show's ratings are up there with later episodes of BB.

Your basic point I totally understand and kind of agree with - more Saul is what sold me on watching this in the first place! But this show is loving excellent. I'm thrilled to see where things go from here, I have no desire to jump into the second act before they've finished the first.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Season 2 will be incredible to bingewatch, I bet.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

If women are uncomfortable with seeing a bare breast then I don't know how they get through a day.

...clothing.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

RentACop posted:

I liked Better Call Saul so much that I decided to finally watch Breaking Bad, and anyway people would post all those comics a couple years ago and I thought they were stupid back then but now they're funny as gently caress

They're dumb as hell.

I laugh every time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nude posted:

Lol all they did is stand in a spot.

They also sat in a place!

Hope those guys get to keep their excellent boots this time around. I never found them as offensive as most, I was still reeling from the totally out of place 737 plot. What's a good cartel without muscle?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

I just miss Breaking Bad.

It still exists! I'm enjoying rewatching the show and listening to the Bald Move podcasts, though if you haven't already checked out the Insider Podcasts you should do that too. Lots of little details abound.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

you can (and should) turn that off

Every time. When I sold TVs I practically had cage fights with my boss about how that effect looks like poo poo. (It's alright, in that field, for CG kid's movies, makes it look extra smooth and not too soapy. But anything shot with a camera looks like hot trash.)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
The problem isn't stuff shot in higher framerates. (Well, in this conversation at least!) It's newer TVs that try to add frames in between what's actually there for "motion smoothing" and it looks like... well, it's been described better than I could put it. But it's awful to my eyes and jumps right out.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

I loving loathe Saul's Babysitter girl. She is the worst kind of person in the world.

That's entirely the point, umm... so props to her actress? All the acting in this has been fantastic.

Any predictions for tonight?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bleh Maestro posted:

It was a joke :hurr: but I personally know women who spend their entire 100-200k salaries shopping. (Scottsdale, AZ)

Entitled rich white women aren't indicative of the entire gender.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Did Mike's Voice join the podcast?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

FIRST TIME posted:

Oh and of course, the whole drat montage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAqDph2r9Y

Soooooo drat good.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

Also, I only just realized that "getting a guy sent to jail instead of killing him" is exactly what Walt was trying to do when Mike originally delivered the half-measures speech. I mean, everyone caught on to the Tuco scheme being a half-measure, but I hadn't realized the parallel was that close to what Walt was doing.

Good job reading, I guess?

Cnut the Great posted:

Notice that, in telling that story, Mike never actually says that that specifically was the moment he decided "no more half measures":

"Just trying to do the right thing. But two weeks later he killed her. Of course. Caved her head in with the base of a Waring blender. We got there, there was so much blood you could taste the metal. The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure, when I should have gone all the way. I’ll never make that mistake again."

It's the moral of the story he's telling Walt, but that doesn't mean Mike necessarily realized that himself at the time. As we're seeing in BCS, it may be something he's realizing right now, with his Tuco problem coming back to threaten his family.

He shouldn't have taken a half measure with Tuco. If he'd just taken Tuco out with that sniper rifle like he was originally planning to, Nacho's Tuco problem would be gone forever, and (like Nacho said) the Salamancas would probably never find out who did it. Mike just wasn't ready to take that next step of becoming a killer for money, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, and doesn't anyone remember what Walt and Mike were discussing that prompted Mike to gave the half measures speech? Walt was asking Mike if he could get Jesse sent to jail to keep him from doing something stupid. Earlier, Saul had told Walt that this was something Mike had done before. Taking what we know now into account, there's no way Mike wasn't thinking back exactly to this situation with Tuco when Walt asked him to do the same thing with Jesse.

So Mike deliberately avoided telling Walt the Tuco story. Probably because it was too personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure, but besides Huel, who is probably still sitting in that hotel room, who did the DEA have that could say any of that? Maybe I need to rewatch the last season again.

It'd probably be detailed in Jesse's confession video.

Breaking Bad is incredibly rewatchable, I forgot how awesome season 2 actually was.

• Locked thread