Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Do you watch video game videos that have guns in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There are video games with guns in them? That doesn't seem like something that should be allowed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have a decent job but have a chance to get a job with USPS. But it would be starting over at the bottom, as a substitute to cover other mail carrier vacations, so I would not have a set schedule or hours for possibly up to three years. Everyone I have spoken to warns me it's average 10 to 12 hour days. I mean, it's possible I could do it. But then I'd leave my job, which has its ups and downs, and have to hope I can make it that far for someone else to retire or be promoted.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sunswipe posted:

I wish Youtube would tell me why it's recommending a video. I might actually click on the 45 minutes "Zach's Gun Rants Compilation" if I knew who Zach was, or who mikeburnfire was (from his name, I'm guessing a caveman), or why the video was there. Is it related to my watching stuff about videogames? My binge watching of Forgotten Weapons? Who knows? Just watch it, the algorithm has spoken!

My list for instantly marking a channel as "don't recommend" includes:

- random person's name with a checkmark
- making a dumb face in the thumbnail
- any list of things (7 tips for..., 25 best javascript frameworks, ...)
- the words "tries", "reacts", "quarantine", "lockdown", "sourdough", "but"
- anything with a Betteridge title
- any other obvious clickbait

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

gschmidl posted:

My list for instantly marking a channel as "don't recommend" includes:

- random person's name with a checkmark
- making a dumb face in the thumbnail
- any list of things (7 tips for..., 25 best javascript frameworks, ...)
- the words "tries", "reacts", "quarantine", "lockdown", "sourdough", "but"
- anything with a Betteridge title
- any other obvious clickbait

These are all things YouTube specifically makes their algorithm weigh towards lmao YouTube is such a poo poo company

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I like Pepsi with lime. I like Pepsi with real sugar. Guess what is impossible to find in my area?

That's right. Those "hot singles" the ad promised. :argh:

Seriously I can't even buy the poo poo on Amazon, what the hell Pepsi?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
https://www.amazon.com/Pepsi-Made-Real-Sugar-Count/dp/B00NU5ZZJI

E: whoops went unavailable in the last few minutes. Target and Walmart have it in stock, though.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I like Pepsi with lime. I like Pepsi with real sugar. Guess what is impossible to find in my area?

That's right. Those "hot singles" the ad promised. :argh:

Seriously I can't even buy the poo poo on Amazon, what the hell Pepsi?

You sick bastard.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have a decent job but have a chance to get a job with USPS. But it would be starting over at the bottom, as a substitute to cover other mail carrier vacations, so I would not have a set schedule or hours for possibly up to three years. Everyone I have spoken to warns me it's average 10 to 12 hour days. I mean, it's possible I could do it. But then I'd leave my job, which has its ups and downs, and have to hope I can make it that far for someone else to retire or be promoted.

Don't take my advice but right now things are really tumultuous and people are hanging on to their lovely jobs a lot harder than before.

If you have stable income right now, don't give it up unless the deal is incredible.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was looking for a place to order a kettlebell online for weeks, finally got the timing right to get one, it arrived and...I should have gone one size heavier :negative: But I don't want to order a second one because the one I have is good enough I guess.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I was looking for a place to order a kettlebell online for weeks, finally got the timing right to get one, it arrived and...I should have gone one size heavier :negative: But I don't want to order a second one because the one I have is good enough I guess.

Just put the kettlebell in the freezer for an hour before you want to use it. I read in a book that cold slows down molecules and slower = heavier as was established in the landmark Zangief v. Vega (Capcom, 1991) case

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'm allergic to the powder on the gloves we use at work, and also I burned my hand a bit. (First world problem because at least I have a steady income)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
We had some people visit from Paris, and at some point I made a joke referencing the Pixar film Ratatouille about having to watch out for rats when you live there. That really pissed them off, and they went off about ugly Americans and their dim view of U.S. sanitary standards. The next day they showed me some photos of rats they saw while walking around D.C.

Now they think I’m an ignorant boob who thinks Paris is rat-infested, I can only go up from here.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

But I thought Paris was rat infested?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/09/bodies-donated-science-left-eaten-rats-paris-university-centre

There is at least some evidence

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

oldpainless posted:

But I thought Paris was rat infested?

Plus comme vieux sans-rats.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We're getting a 2000 bonus for working in healthcare during the plague, but we wont get it until october and its gonna be taxed as income :(

On the opposite side of FWPs, a bunch of doctors are complaining that janitors are getting the bonus and they arent, and I'm like bitch you make like 20x more a year than I do you dont NEED the bonus.

Another FWP is nobody has dared talk poo poo about janitors within earshot of me so I could slap their poo poo. I keep hearing it second hand.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The stress of the world we live in now has made small disagreements and misunderstandings nearly impossible to fix. There are several people in my life right now that I wish I could have a sit-down with them and say the issues they're having are blown out of proportion because of the current world state. Almost like if I could issue a universal do-over.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

this is my only day of the week to sleep in IT IS EIGHT OCLOCK IN THE GODDAMN MORNING ON A SUNDAY WHY IN THE EVERLOVING GODDAMN gently caress ARE YOU SHOUTING INDOORS

edit: and of course y'all're talking about covid and politics

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 13:56 on Jul 12, 2020

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've got various foot deformities that make them very, very unhappy about me being on them for eightish hours at a time. I am currently playing basically musical shoes trying to find a combo of shoes and insoles that give me some relief.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
As a non hospital essential worker, whose co-workers have been furloughed leaving us stranded for about 2 months, the stress of the pandemic is finally hitting me this late in the year. Not my coworkers are coming back, I'm not super stressed at work, but the overall stress if everything is starting to wear me down. My mom is working from home right now and while it was only supposed to be through June, they extended it first to October, and now till January of next year.

needless to say we are both getting on each other's nerves even though I work outside the house. But while she enjoys not having to drive 30 minutes one way every day to work, it's making me very irate when she clocks out at 4:30, and then continues to work for another hour or so because they're so backlogged in her words. When I get angry at her, she gets angry back, and we usually ends up with a nasty argument.

Also my anxiety level always goes through the roof usually the week before my period, I don't know why, biologically and evolutionary wise and makes zero sense. I really wish I could just get all this crap ripped out of me without having to worry about menopause.

Massive anxiety rant in other words. Computer crapping out, fight with a friend over her online rpg with the general stress. And to ice it all, searching for an old friend online to try and reconnect and holy poo poo there are dozens of loving websites that will let you find out everything about someone, including their last place of employment and address. No wonder stalking is so loving easy!

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Jul 20, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m at work and the power is out. I’m kind of, but not really, working.The fire alarm(?) is beeping every ten seconds.

I wish they’d figure out a less wasteful way of packaging wintergreen Lifesavers than individually wrapping them.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Are those two paragraphs related?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
People at the grocery store sometimes switch some of the mocha bottles in the Starbucks 4-packs with French vanilla, or just take bottles out of the pack, and it's super annoying having to inspect the 4-packs to make sure there aren't any French vanillas in there.

My company gave us all home office stipends since we can't come into the office, and the only desk I could afford with mine ended up being poorly manufactured and wobbly.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The little fuzzy coverings on my headphones have completely fallen apart on the right side, and are breaking down on the left size. If that isn't an annoying problem enough as it is, since poo poo is tough right now financially, I'm not sure how the hell it happened. I can't remember when I used them last, but they've been laying on my desk here and I'm pretty sure I didn't poke at them enough to be worn down. I just grabbed them right now and, huh, one side is utterly gone and the other is getting there.

I kinda wonder if my other FWP - that I have a goddamn bug yet loving again - is the culprit, but gently caress if I know.

Late edit, and calling this a FWP is kinda a stretch but I guess it counts. Websites that don't let you save pictures off it annoys me. I get it, copyrights and poo poo, but on the other hand I just want to save this picture of a cute cosplayer in a Vault Suit so I can either make a wallpaper out of it and put it into the rotation, or just save it because "hey Pretty Girl in Vault Suit is Pretty and I like looking at Pretty Pictures sometimes to stem off a low-key depressive moment"... but nope.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Jul 22, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am on a nostaglia kick and can't find the soundtrack to FernGully on Itunes.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

The little fuzzy coverings on my headphones have completely fallen apart on the right side, and are breaking down on the left size. If that isn't an annoying problem enough as it is, since poo poo is tough right now financially, I'm not sure how the hell it happened. I can't remember when I used them last, but they've been laying on my desk here and I'm pretty sure I didn't poke at them enough to be worn down. I just grabbed them right now and, huh, one side is utterly gone and the other is getting there.

I kinda wonder if my other FWP - that I have a goddamn bug yet loving again - is the culprit, but gently caress if I know.

Late edit, and calling this a FWP is kinda a stretch but I guess it counts. Websites that don't let you save pictures off it annoys me. I get it, copyrights and poo poo, but on the other hand I just want to save this picture of a cute cosplayer in a Vault Suit so I can either make a wallpaper out of it and put it into the rotation, or just save it because "hey Pretty Girl in Vault Suit is Pretty and I like looking at Pretty Pictures sometimes to stem off a low-key depressive moment"... but nope.

Hand sanitizer and moisturizer can degrade plastics depending on what kind, had that happen to mine. Found replacement ear cups online and they're not as good as the originals but oh well.

Also print screen - paste into mspaint might work, lovely websites try to disable right click but that's about it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Whenever I want to screenshot something in a web browser, I just pull up the built-in Snip & Sketch app that comes with Windows and capture the shot from there. Dunno what other operating systems offer in that department, though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I hate forced stealth sections in video games and I was enjoying the Spider-Man game for the PS4 but now I'm on a god drat forced stealth mission.

Roger Henson IV
Jul 27, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I hate forced stealth sections in video games and I was enjoying the Spider-Man game for the PS4 but now I'm on a god drat forced stealth mission.

Oh, there's a few of those that come up, both as MJ and Miles. Pretty annoying and unnecessary but still a great game IMO.

Roger Henson IV
Jul 27, 2020
Mine would be when I'm trying to shitpost on one of numerous shitposting sites, when my boss looks over to me and asks "hey you in the middle of something?" and then bombards me with actual work. Imagine actually doing work at work. Woe is me.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trying the June cup for the first time, and when lying down, everything feels fine. When I'm sitting up, I can feel the cup. It's not painful, just a little pressure, I hope, because I'm not using to anything sticking in that area.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Trying the June cup for the first time, and when lying down, everything feels fine. When I'm sitting up, I can feel the cup. It's not painful, just a little pressure, I hope, because I'm not using to anything sticking in that area.

What?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

It's a menstrual cup. Like the Diva cup but less pricy.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cowslips Warren posted:

this is a common problem, since time no longer has meaning you didn't notice that it's nearly august

switch to the august cup

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's a menstrual cup. Like the Diva cup but less pricy.

If it's in your budget, I like the meluna soft. It's only on their German/EU website, but I find it's less poky than others.

Also (just catching up on the thread) I get the same premenstrual anxiety. It sucks so hard. I'm guessing it's for the same reasons hormonal birth control always makes me a depressed wreck.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Emily Spinach posted:

If it's in your budget, I like the meluna soft. It's only on their German/EU website, but I find it's less poky than others.

Also (just catching up on the thread) I get the same premenstrual anxiety. It sucks so hard. I'm guessing it's for the same reasons hormonal birth control always makes me a depressed wreck.

Thanks, I'll check that out! Seriously it ticks me off to no end when I read about the lab work for the male birth control pill, and how they stop to work on it because it made the men Moody and emotional with side effects. Women have to deal with that poo poo every month and it's usually exaggerated on hormonal birth control!

if it wasn't for the hell of menopause, I totally want to get everything just ripped out of me right now.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Legit question here: does having a hysterectomy really make you go into early menopause?

And to hell with the whiny men who don't want the side effects of birth control. I'd love to be able to take a pill each day, get an implant, or whatever.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
The awful app has stopped automatically scrolling down the page to my first unread post when navigating from my bookmarks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

And to hell with the whiny men who don't want the side effects of birth control. I'd love to be able to take a pill each day, get an implant, or whatever.
yeah, "moody and emotional with side effects" is my self image already, gently caress it