Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gort posted:

Just make it one message so I get something I can actually act on from the start

People who expect a response before giving you the details are the worst. I'll read it and respond when able. The text won't expire while it waits and if it was so urgent you can call to verify that I have received the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A package was supposedly shipped, but isn't at my front door or at where packages are sent at my appointment.

poo poo.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm trying to get the hang of the timing of one of Beethoven's Sonata Faciles (Specifically Sonata in G, Op.49 No2) because it's the one that's at a pace I can play, and there's an annoyingly tricky trill that I'm struggling to get the right timing on because it's across multiple notes on the other hand and it doesn't subdivide as neatly as it feels it should. There's not many trills on the whole piece too, maybe three, it's just the one that's in an awkward-feeling place. Edit: OK, I think I've got something, if I put a tiny pause between the trill and the turn into the next note it sounds less awkward. Probably not as intended/written but the best I can do right now.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Apr 21, 2021

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My professor is dying. Technically he is already dead, what made him him is gone, he's braindead. he was my marine biology teacher some decade and a half ago. I babysat his daughters, helped toilet trained them, got them off disney princesses and onto Mulan and Avatar The Last Airbender. I housesat for him many times. I went with him on school trips to Tahiti and San Diego and Rocky Point. he got me SCUBA certified.

He had bone cancer. loving bad, he didn't know it. And he collapsed on Friday from something like a seizure, and everything that was him, was gone over the weekend or so. His ex-wife and one daughter are flying in from japan, his other daughter who lived with him is the one who found him. Another previous student of his called me to let me know; the daughter who found him called her after 911 for help. So she's been taking care of her and helping at his house, and called me today when it was clear he wasn't going to make it. I wish she had called me over the weekend so I could have helped.

Somehow my issues at work don't loving matter anymore. I miss this dude. I haven't spoken to him in a few years but he was loving great. His biggest regret would have been his daughter finding him and trying to help him while he was dying. But after the seizure, doctors said he wasn't in pain. So there's that.

I don't drink, but he did, and loved all kinds of alcohol, so pour one out for Dr. Reavis for me please.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I've had three online orders in the past few weeks fall through. Never happened before and it's happening about half the time lately.

Like I'll order something, it sits at "preparing order" for a week then I get an order cancellation email. I'm not even ordering weird obscure stuff, it's been like cat toys, a pan, and a small desk.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is it a FWP to bitch about COVID? I want to go to the zoo tomorrow, but even with a mask, going to a practically archetypal place seems stupid and its making me angry.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My worthless opinion is that FWPs can be insignificant, petty annoyances and inconveniences, or horrible crises as long as they are unique to the area of the first world from which you hail. America’s disastrous COVID response and healthcare in general cover both of those!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I suppose I should be glad it wasn't COVID that got Reavis. Bone cancer, kidney shutting down, everything going Chernobyl in a few hours, probably a better death than Covid would have been.

They pulled the plug today about 3pm. I was at work, I couldn't be in the hospital anyway with the guest restrictions. And all I can think is, why didn't I reach out at some point in the past few years? Why was it just Facebook friends? I mean, gently caress, I helped raise his daughters, toilet trained them and all. But they grew up and eventually I stopped seeing them every weekend, or having overnight sleepovers on their parents' anniversary. I remember taking them out when he had his vasectomy. When the older, M, had her tonsils out, I had the younger, A, to a local park where we pet bunnies and explored historical farmhouses. But they grew up. And one day suddenly M was 13 and they didn't need a babysitter anymore. I did get them once every few months for an art day or something, but reavis himself was busy with teaching and SCUBA and my ears made it so my last SCUBA with him was my last ever: can't clear my right one for poo poo. The girls had real school and syncho swimming and I stopped being Ms Cowslips and just "the babysitter we had when we were little."

But I miss him. I remember being in his marine bio class, and his SCUBA class, the fields trips, and even if it was so long ago, and his kids are loving 18 and 17 now, it feels like this isn't right. How can my dad, the racist loving bigot who smoked forever, who cheated nonstop on my mom, who broke up the family and almost left us homeless, how can he be alive, and Reavis dead? No he wasn't a saint, I remember house sitting for them when they were on a summer trip, and being aghast at how he lived as a bachelor for a few weeks before he flew out to join his wife and kids. He'd get sloshed and talk way too much about super uncomfy poo poo like how his wife was making him get the snip after their second baby, or she might use the scissors herself.

I always had the thought I'd see him at school, doing a delivery at work, or the times I was visiting another professor there, or I'd see him somewhere. And I can't contact his family right now, they're all in shock, and another student of his (who was also in my class almost 15 years ago, and we've kept in touch but since her baby became a kid and work and all, touch gets lost) called me yesterday about it. I haven't precisely been in the loop with them for a while, but Facebook friends, yes, a few texts last year when his AC went out and I had a portable one he could borrow, but I just always thought he'd be there. That he'd die in some shipwreck on a dive, or passed out on a beach and just go in his sleep. But he's gone. And I know he wouldn't want anyone who knew him to be crying, he'd want us having beer and wine and getting drunk, because he'd want a wake and a party, not a funeral. He'd want strippers and booze and people with fireball sticks dancing around.

At least I'm not upset about work anymore. I spent the entire day dreading the phone call from my classmate that they had pulled the tubes, and after she did let me know, I had two hours of driving through rush hour traffic knowing that he died days ago, this was just a meat suit that was kept alive by machines, and there was no chance for him to wake up.

tldr: my marine bio professor and scuba instructor and the dad of a family I nannied/babysat for for almost ten years, is dead in every legal and physical sense now. And it loving hurts.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The good news is that my front door lock is working, so I can get into my building.

The bad news is that my front door lock looks exactly like it did before, so now I'm :tinfoil: if it was actually fixed, thus making me worry that I'm going to be locked out one day. Probably at night, alone, and I don't want that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Bury a key inside a watertight container a nearby park or something

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Sentient Data posted:

Bury a key inside a watertight container a nearby park or something

Nah, some kids will find it and end up going on some goonie-esque adventure to discover the true treasure it unlocked was inside themselves all along

And you'll still be locked out

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I got a text from the ex-wife of my dead professor, seeing if I could come over and see the girls, the ones I helped raise, now college students. And I did. gently caress COVID, we've all had our shots (even if only one), after looking outside and seeing hundreds of people at parks without masks, and running around in stores without them, why not. Why can't I have some bit of solace in this shitstorm when so few people care? So I masked up and sanitized up and went. And spent an hour or so there, catching up with the girls and telling fun stories, and then came home and got a nice shower. So I might end up going to his wake after all. No idea when it is, but if so few people actually are doing the right poo poo, do I have to be patient zero for the next strain?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My arms are sore from doing some weights. Cool, thats DOMS, meaning I pushed myself a bit, my muscles will heal, and all is well. Still hurts.

Also a FWP, it seems some of the fruit I left in my fridge has decided to mold over. It wasn't even that long, how the hell do blueberries decide to turn into whitefuzzyberries in a fridge?

-removed an item that isn't a problem anymore-

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Apr 26, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm trying to sell my old-rear end truck and it's turning out to be impossible.

Everyone says they're interested then tries to low-ball me when they show up. This is a particularly flippable vehicle (in the financial sense) so someone is definitely going to be making a profit off this thing. But geez guys I'm not going to give this thing away for free.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm trying to sell my old-rear end truck and it's turning out to be impossible.

Everyone says they're interested then tries to low-ball me when they show up. This is a particularly flippable vehicle (in the financial sense) so someone is definitely going to be making a profit off this thing. But geez guys I'm not going to give this thing away for free.

Raise the price.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I slept too hard last night, or too long, and I had a headache when I woke up, but even after drinking some water and taking an aleve my head is still hurting and this sucks. Dumbly enough it makes me wanna take a nap, which will not solve the problem and probably worsen it somehow.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HBO Max is just not working on my ROKU. It either just doesn’t play or if it does it has this weird staticky sound with no actual audio. I’ve tried all the usual stuff and nothing works.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We slept through the zoo visit we were supposed to go on, today. I know, a zoo isn't exactly the best place to go, but weather-wise it would've been nice.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Buying a new Toyota Tacoma. Just got the email that its been "picked up" this time around after :f5:ing my email for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Now I have to wait until the middle of July to actually get the fuckin thing because of various production delays related to political and plague poo poo.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I keep accidentally picking the worst times to do laundry and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes or whatever for a dryer to be free after the wash cycle is done. I know I just need to do it at like 7 am on a Thursday or something but ugh :sigh:

Also I have a giant pile of library books that I want to read but don't feel like reading

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My computer decided to not let me access discord, so I restarted... and now both discord's app and its page-based browser aren't talking, and neither of them have the list of all the pages I had joined on them. I want to claim the account, which I sorta did... and now I have no idea which rooms I was in.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Apr 28, 2021

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

oldpainless posted:

HBO Max is just not working on my ROKU. It either just doesn’t play or if it does it has this weird staticky sound with no actual audio. I’ve tried all the usual stuff and nothing works.

I cancelled my subscription directly with HBO Max and resubscribed via Amazon just to use the Amazon app. Hulu could work too. The HBO Max app on Roku is bad.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking of starting a small business but holy poo poo the amount of paperwork is just insane, and there are so many goddamn fees.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Tonight was the first time in awhile that I could sit down and game and I got pretty far but then I exited before saving, and it's not a game that auto-saves. I can start over when I get up tomorrow because I happen to be using paid time off that doesn't roll over to have a four day weekend but ugh I wanted to be this much further in the game.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've been trying to get hold of someone at Delta to buy an upgrade that I can't online on my weird upcoming ticket for some reason. It requires a person to do it. I was on hold Tuesday night for 4 hours before I gave up. I tried again last night and it said only a 2 hour approximate hold time, but I checked out at 2 hours because gently caress if I'm giving them two nights in a row wasting my evening on hold. I'm trying again this morning; 5 hour hold time, it said, but I'm working so it's not super lost time today. 1:45 in so far. Fingers crossed.

I guess when they did their pandemic layoffs it was their entire call center and now it's just one poor soul answering all the calls. It really is seriously insane. Like, go check their twitter replies, it's all apologies for keeping people on hold for days on end.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Got another one- I ordered two things from an online store as a guest at checkout and both are being shipped separately. Not a problem except one is coming in a few days and the other is still up in the air and I can't figure out which one is coming first. All I got was emails with tracking numbers but not details of contents.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ali shipping is like a gatcha game - you know what's (hopefully) in the machine, but you don't know what's in each individual pull

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The second COVID shot is doing a number on me. Nothing horrible, but I'm reading about the side effects, and I'm like "yup, have that, and that..."

Like, OK, glad I'm having a reaction to the vaccine than COVID itself, but uuugh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The movie Mute has too many characters!!!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ate entirely too much jambalaya today.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I managed to get my favorite pastry that’s usually sold out at my local coffee shop but I ate it too fast and now I feel like hurling :negative:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

too much jambalaya

I do not understand these words in this order

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I guess 11:02 is too late for a celebratory McDonalds breakfast after getting a second vaccine dose.
My sister got it yesterday and was hit hard by side effects that night. I don’t know if my drowsiness is one or just from a lack of sleep.

An older guy in our WoW guild rage quit a week and a half ago and hasn’t been back after too much vaccine talk and someone making a crack after he said he wasn’t going to get it. So we’re down some heals while working on a raid’s final boss.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's teaching your immune system to fight a new kinda cell, so you'll feel tired for a few days at the very least. Worst part of my side effects was my arm was kinda sore somewhat.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

HOLY gently caress posted:

I keep accidentally picking the worst times to do laundry and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes or whatever for a dryer to be free after the wash cycle is done. I know I just need to do it at like 7 am on a Thursday or something but ugh :sigh:

My first world problem is that I can be exactly on time to wash my clothes but by the time they're done, the vast majority of the dryers are taken up so I have to get one of the ones on the bottom row that don't close right or don't get hot enough.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I fear I've reached FWP peak on this, but every time I get hungry enough to order in I need to remind myself that I have more-than-my-bodyweight in microwave meals at home, already. I had to fuckin' play Tetris with Hot Pockets.

Oh and while we're on the subject of intensely first-world FWPs, my body has decided that, yes, the hair on my head has reached maximum tolerable density. Can't get a haircut today, because it's Sunday, and tomorrow I had some plans that hopefully won't interfere too badly... except I know it will.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:17 on May 2, 2021

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm thinking of starting a small business but holy poo poo the amount of paperwork is just insane, and there are so many goddamn fees.

Same here. And I've already gotten spam letters regarding my new business venture ahead of the official paperwork.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm still in the "the gently caress is a mission statement?" phase myself, and I don't think "I want to make money" is gonna cut it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

Oh and while we're on the subject of intensely first-world FWPs, my body has decided that, yes, the hair on my head has reached maximum tolerable density. Can't get a haircut today, because it's Sunday, and tomorrow I had some plans that hopefully won't interfere too badly... except I know it will.

The fun and exciting sequel to this is that I sneezed when shaving. I took a chunk out of my beard, requiring a full shave-off, so a haircut any time soon will cause my mom's soul to float down from heaven to tease me over "looking like a cancer patient" if I even decide to get my haircut in a few days.

Hopefully the span between now and when I decide to go get a haircut will let me have enough facial hair so I can still get a haircut without looking weird from being hairless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I caught a cold a week ago that is making me feel far worse than when I had COVID. That is my fwp.