Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I ate too many sour skittles and now have a similar problem :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Helios Grime posted:

Pasteis de Nata

My fwp is that I just discovered these exist and don't have any.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Atticus_1354 posted:

My fwp is that I just discovered these exist and don't have any.

Find a Portuguese Shop near you, maybe they carry some. We have a Portuguese wine shop close to us that sells some every Friday.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Helios Grime posted:

Find a Portuguese Shop near you, maybe they carry some. We have a Portuguese wine shop close to us that sells some every Friday.

I can guarantee there's no Portuguese shops within hours of me. But I looked up the recipe and have it on the list to try making.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got bit by my cat yesterday, and have to keep an eye on two bite marks. One per tooth, the area is a bit red and sore but no pus or pain. I just don't want to have to go to a loving Urgent Care for this.

When I get off work, I like about 15-25 minutes to unwind, feed the animals, take a shower, get dinner. But I can't do any of this without my mom wanting to talk nonstop about her work day, what her coworkers are up to, did I see the funny video on Facebook, or chatting speech-to-text to people and laughing loudly. Hearing just one side of a conversation is loving annoying.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Got bit by my cat yesterday, and have to keep an eye on two bite marks. One per tooth, the area is a bit red and sore but no pus or pain. I just don't want to have to go to a loving Urgent Care for this.

If it’s covered by your insurance (if you have some) this is a good case for the Phone a Doctor kind of thing. I used a version of that for a deep cat scratch, told the dr what happened and how gross my arm looked, and they sent the Rx in for me and the virtual doctor visit was free.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Joburg posted:

If it’s covered by your insurance (if you have some) this is a good case for the Phone a Doctor kind of thing. I used a version of that for a deep cat scratch, told the dr what happened and how gross my arm looked, and they sent the Rx in for me and the virtual doctor visit was free.

I never even thought of this, thank you!

gently caress there are a lot of telemedicine places.

edit: sadly every single one screams to go to an ER right loving now! Which, sorry, I cannot loving afford for a bite a day old!

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Jul 13, 2021

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I am sick of seeing all the perfectly good old houses in the neighborhood getting torn down one by one and replaced with poor quality new ones that take up every last inch on the lot just so investors can maximize the speculative value of these unoccupied houses, all these hardwood framed floored and weather boarded buildings are being smashed up and replaced with new ones made of chipboard and plastic,
the hideous amount of waste this generates makes me want to scream, people around here need homes they can live in not $2,500,000 "investments" that rent out for over $900 a week gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

coldpudding posted:

I am sick of seeing all the perfectly good old houses in the neighborhood getting torn down one by one and replaced with poor quality new ones that take up every last inch on the lot just so investors can maximize the speculative value of these unoccupied houses, all these hardwood framed floored and weather boarded buildings are being smashed up and replaced with new ones made of chipboard and plastic,
the hideous amount of waste this generates makes me want to scream, people around here need homes they can live in not $2,500,000 "investments" that rent out for over $900 a week gently caress.

So much about modern building sensibilities is absolutely crushing to me. I'm especially loving grey box fast food chains

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

So much about modern building sensibilities is absolutely crushing to me. I'm especially loving grey box fast food chains

They're currently converting one of the welcoming, brown-roof McDonald's near me into the modern Fortress McDonald's architecture and I think it loving sucks. I certainly don't have any affection for McDonald's as a corporation, but I do have, like pretty much anyone who grew up in a certain time and place, an ingrained affection for a certain suite of fast food aesthetics of which the brown-roof McDonald's is a perfect example.

I'm not a fan of Burger King on any level at all, but I've more than once considered tracking down this little model just because it's so damned pleasing to look at:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

coldpudding posted:

Where do you live? Because if it’s not central Florida, I guess it’s happening elsewhere and it drives me crazy too.

Granted, there are a lot of small, concrete block bungalows, but bulldozing those and placing a box with a roof that takes up all but an inch from the property line, filled with faux fancy interior bits (so they can charge a fortune for it) and woeful structural integrity when looking at the likely future of more frequent and more violent hurricanes is not the brightest idea. But hey, :capitalism:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Cacafuego posted:

Where do you live? Because if it’s not central Florida, I guess it’s happening elsewhere and it drives me crazy too.

Florida 2 Australia, I feel like it's happening in just about every bloody town city and suburb in the country.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dammit, apparently windows updated overnight and now I can't see my main computer that had my main plex folders shared.

I hate networking stuff :mad:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The Chipotle nearest to me has literally never gotten my order right. They are batting 0. Statistically they should have done one right by this point just by accident.

I would think it's personal (just because you would assume such consistent mistakes have to be intentional) but I'm not a bad customer. I don't even interact with anyone - just do the counter pickup, no special instructions or preferences. I've definitely outlasted any employees they have, so the wrong orders span generations.

I don't mind and the only time I've even said something about it was the couple of times they just straight up didn't put my food out at all. In fact it is becoming kind of a game. What will be wrong with this one?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Atticus_1354 posted:

I can guarantee there's no Portuguese shops within hours of me. But I looked up the recipe and have it on the list to try making.

You can find them sometimes at Chinese bakeries. They call them Hong Kong egg tarts or "dan tat". The Chinese version is less sweet and tastes more like egg, but the bakery near me makes both versions.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Getting a new ride. Talked to the dealer on Wednesday and they gave me no indication that it would be showing up at all this week, even though that was the ETA I got months ago from them. Making arrangements for insurance this week and the broker asks when I'll be getting it. I tell him, "I dunno, just talked to the dealer Wednesday and they never told me if/when its getting here", so I never bothered with actually getting insurance yet since I figured it would be next week at the earliest.

Got a phone call today from the dealer and they were all like "yo, come pick this poo poo up, its ready".

Insurance place is closed on saturdays. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK1!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I took a three day vacation from work. Haven't slept in because animals don't care if you're on vacation or sick, but drat it has been nice! Got a bunch of poo poo done, gonna clean the garage out tomorrow, and did some yardwork in the rain.

The only downside isn't going back to work Monday; it's that my mom works from home, and every few minutes I hear her screaming about the lovely work computer, the horrible emails she gets, the fact the computer keeps crashing, etc. Hearing renditions of "loving gently caress gently caress gently caress this poo poo I hate it!" every ten minutes. So after Wed, I spent most of my time out of the house. The weather at least has been amazing today.

Other FWP: my 40ish year old friend is having his midlife crisis. He always wanted to direct movies, but won't/can't move to California. So he wants to move to Japan. He told me he's spent most of the Covid times learning Japanese, and has always loved the culture, and is thinking about moving there permanently. Oh yeah he knows it won't be easy but he can teach English! It's a two year program, and then he can get it extended. I don't want to be a dreamkiller, but even he admitted this is something most people do in their 20's and can always move back home with parents. In his case, he'd have to sell his house, quit his job, find new homes for his pets, and store everything he can't bring with him. For a possibility of being told to leave after two years. I haven't done research on this as he says he has, but it seems pretty risky to me.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I ordered a computer from Dell and hot drat they have the slowest shipping times in the entire world. I've ordered custom-made stuff from China that got to my door in less time than these texas turds are taking.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fast
Cheap
Good

Pick 2

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

I recently ordered an engagement ring online. Now all of the adverts I see are for engagement rings so if my girlfriend happens to glance at my screen she's going to see what's up!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Clear your cookies and history my dude.

Also, congrats and good luck!

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Manager Hoyden posted:

I ordered a computer from Dell and hot drat they have the slowest shipping times in the entire world. I've ordered custom-made stuff from China that got to my door in less time than these texas turds are taking.

They also sell some of the worst pre-builts available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMg6hUudHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulhFi5N2hc

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I had some Star Trek stickers that I put somewhere when I was cleaning and now I can't find them. I want to put sparkle Worf on my phone case but I don't know where he is :cry:

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

HOLY gently caress posted:

I had some Star Trek stickers that I put somewhere when I was cleaning and now I can't find them. I want to put sparkle Worf on my phone case but I don't know where he is :cry:

Just know that Sparkle Worf is in your heart always.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Second vaccine dose has knocked me on my rear end. I feel awful.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

i got my first pfizer shot with no symptoms. second shot had me sleeping 12-16 hours a day for two and a half weeks and being awake was awful

still worth it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It's 100% worth it. That's why it's in the first world problems thread :)

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I got the Moderna vaccine, and the only effect either shot had on me was that my arm loving hurt. No fatigue or fever or anything, but my arm felt like somebody had nailed me with a baseball bat right at the injection site. It hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep the night after I got it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I had a big old red spot on my arm. Swollen, red, hot to the touch, you name it, but halfway down the arm rather than at the injection site. It spread out and dissipated over five days or so. Weird.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I am immune due to getting Covid for Christmas and the health authorities are regularly bugging me to get vaccinated anyway. I am going to get the jab within a month, I just don't want to deal with side effects during my holidays, and didn't want to take the spot from, someone who needed it more. Now I'm worried that an automated system is going to flag me as an anti-vaxxer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How would you be immune 8 months later?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mzuri posted:

I am immune due to getting Covid for Christmas and the health authorities are regularly bugging me to get vaccinated anyway. I am going to get the jab within a month, I just don't want to deal with side effects during my holidays, and didn't want to take the spot from, someone who needed it more. Now I'm worried that an automated system is going to flag me as an anti-vaxxer.

You do realize there are many strains of this poo poo, right?

An assistant manager at work wanted to do a ride-along with me, and I refused him because he wouldn't wear a mask/doesn't believe in the vaccines and "he already had covid so he can't get it again."

My FWP: my brother is now a dad. I am an auntie. I really don't care because my brother and I have been estranged for about 10 years now. I should be excited but meh. I am already an aunt to my stepbrother's kids, who I see maybe twice a year, so I can be the cool aunt who sends fun presents that make lots of noise.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ugh. I want to order a pizza but it's 94 outside and I just don't wanna deal with that right now.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Official guidelines in DK is 12 months of immunity for previously infected and same level for variants so far, so that's what I'm aligning with. But sure I'll follow the advice of randos on the internet, because obviously that way lies success.

Getting jabbbed in two weeks, btw.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend won't wear a mask unless he is at work (UberEats driver). He said he's just given up with them since no one else wears them. He had covid back in December, and it almost killed him.

I'm wearing my loving mask forever. I may never sit down to eat again in a restaurant.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ugh. I want to order a pizza but it's 94 outside and I just don't wanna deal with that right now.

Do you not own a phone?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mzuri posted:

Official guidelines in DK is 12 months of immunity for previously infected and same level for variants so far, so that's what I'm aligning with. But sure I'll follow the advice of randos on the internet, because obviously that way lies success.

Getting jabbbed in two weeks, btw.

Stay home or get vaccinated, you selfish piece of poo poo.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I mean I don't want to minimize your pain, friend

But personally I have been ordering pizzas in the hottest of environments since I was old enough to hold a phone

You are your own enemy in this hot weather/desire for pizza dilemma

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea but if I order it and have it delivered, then I gotta open the door and get it, which is gonna let that 97 degree heat and 90% humidity in and fffuuucccckkkk that.

I did end up just going tonight because it rained and dropped the temp by 20 degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

madeintaipei posted:

Stay home or get vaccinated, you selfish piece of poo poo.

Following official guidelines here, dipshit, so gently caress off :) How well have those guidelines worked out, you ask? Well: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7217796/

But do tell me more about how you're smarter than state epidemiologists :chaostrump:

E: My fwp is that some people project their problems and standards to the rest of the world and react like children when things are not exactly as they expect or want or understand.

Mzuri has a new favorite as of 10:13 on Aug 1, 2021