Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

If it's an Android phone, use something like Airdroid or WiFi File Transfer and ditch that cord.

Yeah, I discovered Airdroid thanks to another thread and the transfer went through in less than five minutes. However, it's caused another FWP for me: I intended to watch the videos in bed last night, and now I've got all the time in the world to watch 'em.

Sure, I could just stream them from the website (Rifftrax shorts), but my wi-fi tends to not handle that very well in my bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't think you know how taxes work.

I was being facetious.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I was being facetious.

I don't think you know what facetious means.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't think you know what facetious means.

p sure I do

Fwp: some guy on the Internet is being mean to me.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I dry swallowed a pill and it burned my esophagus for 2-3 hours

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
It's the flu. I want to feel better!!!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
April Fools Day in general. Full of prank calls and people being larger assholes than usual and expecting it to be funny.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was lazy and never got a computer and just spent three years staring at my phone when having a computer allows me to do so much more. FWP being all the good rear end music that's been collecting dust because mobile devices dont get good music on youtube.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

April Fools Day in general. Full of prank calls and people being larger assholes than usual and expecting it to be funny.

Bingo. I hate April 1st.

poo poo's not funny, it's just annoying.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I was going to spend some time today working on my truck, but there's a snowstorm.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am trying to answer questions about some case studies for class but instead I keep daydreaming about having a raygun

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I have to go to the post office after work to return a home try-on order to the place I want new glasses from, but I really just want to go home instead.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
a bird sort of bit me a little over a week ago, but he seemed genuinely sorry for his actions and i think we bonded afterwards. you're alright, bird, i would hang out again.

A 50S RAYGUN has a new favorite as of 00:10 on Apr 2, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A close friend wants to buy me a beer after work but I work late and my bed is warm.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
One of my co-workers told me she's probably quitting in 3 weeks. She's been there 9 years and is basically holding the place together. If she goes, I'll be the next person with the most knowledge and holy jesus, I don't want her job and I don't want to go toe to toe with my crazy boss to tell her that no, I will not be doing her job. My resume says technician, I will absolutely not be doing receptionist work or helping her groom and yes, I will be taking a loving raise, thank you. Christ, we're so understaffed I have 51 hours next check and our real receptionist just put her 2 weeks in, she hasn't even loving left yet.

I spent the last 2.5 years avoiding conversations with that crazy woman. I sure as hell don't want one now.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am craving some pizza from this spectacular local place but it's late in the afternoon and if I order some lunch I won't be hungry for the equally spectacular burritos I am making tonight. God my life is so hard.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I hate my job but it's pretty easy and it pays well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought burritos and ate them but they weren't very good so I feel like I wasted both a meal and my monies.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have to go to the post office after work to return a home try-on order to the place I want new glasses from, but I really just want to go home instead.

Warby Parker? I keep forgetting to send in my prescription.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My girlfriends birthday is coming up soon. We will have a long weekend just eating, drinking and playing video games with maybe a light hike.

But Poopville in Cities: Skylines needs my full attention.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Apparently it is impossible to find tax forms here anymore, without having to print them up, and I do not own a printer. So I had to pay to file them online, which is $20 I really didn't want to spend right now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Apparently it is impossible to find tax forms here anymore, without having to print them up, and I do not own a printer. So I had to pay to file them online, which is $20 I really didn't want to spend right now.

When I need to print something I just go to the library. 20¢ a page.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

When I need to print something I just go to the library. 20¢ a page.

Yeah, that hit me about five minutes after I filed. So I'll throw that on my first world problem pile too.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Alitalia's website is a huge streaming turd. Doing anything on it that's not a reservation or an online check-in is a chore, and even those don't always work.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have three awesome co-op games to play but my friend and I work different schedules and at best we can do one game at a time. And it's hard to decide which one.

Our new foster kitten is under 2 pounds and cute as poo poo. She is super friendly and wants to be carried and loved on...compared to the older two who are maybe 4-5 pounds and hate us because of their past fosters. It's hard to want to cuddle a kitten who spits and bites you when the tiny fluffball plays with your toes and will sleep in your pocket.

I have to share a van at work with a guy who is six inches shorter than me, so every morning I have to fix all the drat mirrors. We don't have to share a van. He could easily use the backup van but he likes my van better. So my van racks up the miles, so it needs service sooner, so we'll have to use the backup one eventually anyway.

And there is a courier spot working for the city and I am totally qualified but I am afraid to apply because I love my job as a courier where I am, despite sharing the van thing, save for location; it's 30 miles one way every day to work, I got passed over for a promotion and someone with less skills got it, and this is the second spot open as a city courier in three months.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I can't decide if I want to play any of my many, many video games or if I want to watch a show. And if I decide to watch a show I'll have to decide what show to watch uuuuugh. I wish Netflix had a pandora like function where it would play poo poo based on poo poo you've already liked.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

tax chat:

I was waiting on a T4 to be mailed to me from a job I held in a different province. In the meanwhile, I started doing my tax return on the T4 I did have. After putting everything in, my return was going to be... $1700! Wow!!

Yesterday I got my other T4 and slapped those numbers in. I guess I hit a breakpoint or something because I watched my return go from $1700 to less than $300. :(

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I decided I should preview ALL the VHS tapes I have to sell on eBay. I've done at least 50, and there are still at least 50 more. I am regretting this, and have tapes piled up on the floor that I'll have to put away.

And if I ever see a vintage Disney logo again, it will be too soon.

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I'm grumpy because I just remembered I have to take out the trash when I get home because I didn't have time this morning and now it's raining so I have to go up and down two flights of outside stairs in the rain with a full bag of trash.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Arguing with someone that they NEED to loving spay their dog. Owner refuses to until the dog is 3 or 4 years old because 'I want her to grow to her full size and there is no medical reason to spay her while she is still growing.' Dog is a year old. Dog is, yes, kept inside a lot and has a locked backyard and 'will never ever run away.' So spaying her isn't important. And she cited that you wouldn't get your three year old daughter 'fixed' unless you were a monster. Trying to explain a human child is not equal to a dog is about as successful as debating evolution with a WBC church member.

Owner volunteers as a foster for cats and dogs. IE the ones pulled from shelter's e-lists. Because people don't spay their loving pets.

She got kicked out of one rescue because she insisted on feeding raw meat to the animals because 'it's natural.' Was debating about the need to vaccinate animals. And is furious when other animal owners don't spay their pets because of overpopulation. But her dog is special. A guy who won't get his male dog fixed because 'it'd make him less of a man' is wrong, but not getting her own dog fixed because 'it isn't natural and she is never around intact male dogs' is right.

At work we are short a vehicle and there is one across town no one is using but my boss won't have someone go get it because 'we'll need it there in a month or so.' BUT WE NEED IT NOW.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
The person at work I have the most shared interests and best rapport with is a stupid rear end in a top hat that I hate. :(

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I turned legal drinking age but I couldn't go to some dirty hole in the wall pub because my social anxiety got the better of me. And my sister is away all weekend so I have to wait a few more days for cake.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Apr 4, 2015

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Celery Face posted:

I turned legal drinking age but I couldn't go to some dirty hole in the wall pub because my social anxiety got the better of me. And my sister is away all weekend so I have to wait a few more days for cake.

Go drinking in a dirty hole in the wall pub Monday when it will be less crowded

Yesterday I forgot to eat so today I ate a bunch of stuff and now I have butt problems because I'm mildly lactose intolerant and drinking a half gallon of chocolate milk is a bad idea or something. Woe is my butt.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
My bus to work in the morning is often a few minutes late.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I have a headcold and need to blow my nose, but I can't get up to get tissues because there is a dog lying with his head in my lap :3:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Just Dance is harder than it looks (especially the Rasputin dance jesus).

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Warby Parker? I keep forgetting to send in my prescription.

Late, but yup! Gonna hip my face up.

Second first-world problem: The glasses I really want aren't made in the color I really want, and the color I really want is only used for frames I like but am kind of 'meh' on.

Also I keep forgetting to make an eye appointment to get my prescription and I'm paranoid that either the frames I want or the color I want is going to go out of stock/be discontinued before I get my poo poo together.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable in bed.

I'm starting to enjoy a game I originally thought was poo poo so now I have to admit I was wrong.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A friend wouldn't listen to me when I told her she didn't want to see what in the Awkward/Ugly/Gross thread had made me lose my appetite and regain my zeal for getting in shape. Now she's not talking to me. :arghfist::saddowns: I told you so, goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I have a headcold and need to blow my nose, but I can't get up to get tissues because there is a dog lying with his head in my lap :3:

I hear you, I need to clean my house because I have guests coming over soon, but this cat is sitting in my lap and she isn't moving anytime soon.