Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I know a fair bit about women too, I know that abortions cause breast cancer! I have research from the 50s to back it up!

The 50s were important for my family as my great uncle was sitting in prison for a matter relating to the deportation of French Jews.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

black_tangled posted:

I bets you do.

:golfclap:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

But boldly putting that behind me, I will now

##vote Freudian Slip

Because he has just laid low until some drama broke out, then slipped in his own meaningless flavor claim while he probably thinks it's safe to do so, since TOML's minister and my far more suss "LNP dude" will be the ones hogging the spotlight.

Wow is that your 3rd vote today?

It also could be it is lunchtime and I am happy to be playing a great nephew to a literal NAZI war criminal. TBH I don't think it means anything since some one has already claimed to be Turnbull (who you would expect to be scum if it did mean something)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah - it was more interesting than most D1 fare

Also Bif, I am not voting for you because from what I can remember you are pretty free with your votes

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I was merely pointing out that though she has voted 3 times today already (and for other players this would usually be a scummy play), I note that from other games she has done the same even when town.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Voting first on D1 is actually a more town play than scummy.

As scum you know that who ever you vote for is a town and if they get lynched will eventually look bad for you (unless you throw another scum under the bus D1)

A more scummy play is to hint that someone is scummy and hope that someone else starts the bandwaggon.

Towns have at least the chance of randomly hitting scum. I went with my gut last game and we got a scum.

That said I haven't got a read on anyone yet and I hate to be wrong.

We still have a few hours yet and I think the post work rush will be quite interesting

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

lol - that's what I get for taking my time to post

So why me gaspy?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

The other problem with D1 is that high volume posters often clash. In that case an observer will often pick sides with the false belief that one side must be wrong and therefore scum. Often you will have a scuffle among the town without the scum needing to do anything.

People will feel the need to vote to get a lynch and then they only have a choice between the high volume posters.

So unless gaspy is playing super aggressive scum, (which is a high risk play so I doubt it) I say that is what is happening now.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Why make a multifaceted approach a binary choice? I think Freudian Slip is the strongest candidate for scum here. I also, however, believe that my assertions are not sufficient to see him get lynched, nor am I 100% certain, so I'm not going to pursue it as hard as I might. I am most definitely not shooting at shadows.

You still haven't given a reason why you have voted for me. Is it just a gut choice?

The only thing I can see that could trigger it was that I pointed out that Bif had already voted twice before voting for me. I then clarified in another post that while I would usually be suspicious of another player doing this, I know from previous games that Bif is free with her votes.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I think flavor claims are going to end up meaningless, cause Mills doesn't put a whole lot of effort into the flavor side of things. So hopefully the scum can't use it to fish out who's got any important roles. But if they're meaningless, it's also meaningless to try and say "oh ho, see, anyone who said their characters must be town"

But isn't this why you voted for me in the first place? Because in first post I was playing as my role Eric Abetz? (ie abortion = breast cancer, great uncle was a NAZI war criminal)

From the start I was saying that character role claims are meaningless - especially since we have already had a Turnbull roleclaim.

I wasn't involved in the transformer game and I haven't ever seen Gaspy play so I don't know his play style. All I know is that he playing really aggressive

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I think the claims look pretty meaningless, so I first got suss on you cause you showed up just to post your role as if that actually added anything to the discussion. Just felt like you were trying to have your cake and eat it too - get your claim out there to satisfy anyone who does believe townies can prove themselves through claiming, while hoping to not getting called out for it by those who don't, cause me and TOML were the only ones being singled out at the time.

OK - I thought it was fairly clear that who we are had no relation to whether we are town or whether we had a power.

I just wanted to see whether people could guess which lovely minister I was :shrug:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

How do you get the list of the number of posts made by people in a thread?

(the list Anidav posted early on)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been waiting to see if someone else besides me would react first to Tithin just straight up name AND roleclaiming as vanilla town. This is another possible detriment of your plan, TOML. People start volunteering more than they need for no reason.

Yeah I saw that and thought it was lazy. Tithin isn't usually lazy

Asphyxious posted:

click on the number in the "replies" column on either the board page or your bookmarks.

Cheers

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Or it could be like yesterday where I can't post till lunchtime and the afternoon.

First lets gets this out of the way

##vote Milky Moor

I wanted to vote yesterday, but the only person I was suss on was Gaspy and if I voted him it would have looked like I was only voting in retaliation. I actually liked Tirades in character posting - but I wasn't around for the transformer game where this broke the game.

The person I am most suss on at the moment is Milky. He is a strong player, especially if he is scum. However if he is town this time - he hasn't really been contributing.

The only person I am confident is town is Mith at the moment due to being the one that pinged Tirade.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Based of yesterday's voting I would say that the three least likely Scum are

Gaspy (sadly)
Av
Tithin

The one's who are most likely scum based on voting were Milky, TOML, Anidav, Kommando, Myself, WFD, BT and Bif

Now that's a long list of scummy players, but I think working out who are least suss is a good start

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Sorry TOML - Mith was the only one I said was clearly not scum in my post above. Read them together

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

The post above the one you posted for ease

Freudian Slip posted:

The only person I am confident is town is Mith at the moment due to being the one that pinged Tirade.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Mithranderp posted:

Yeah.

To be perfectly honest, anyone who trusts outright that I'm town just based on my day 1 push for tirade are probably being too trusting, or are trying to ally themselves with me to avoid suspicion.

Mith, I don't think it would be worth the scum losing one of their most powerful roles just to prove your innocence. It doesn't mean you aren't scum - it just means you are the least likely suspect.

The only person who keeps claiming to be all knowing seems to be Gaspy

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Anidav posted:

There's a lot of different factors to process today, particularly Milky's chance of being town and if bussing the Godfather was apart of an elaborate plan. I remember in one of my first games Beet and Bif made a rather elaborate effort in that scum doc about a fake Masonry.

If these scum are particularly crafty in how they're using the provided scumdoc then it's a possibility that sacrificing a godfather on day one is a somewhat bulletproof citation to innocence. That's why I don't particularly give points to Mithranderp for pushing on Smokey Joe, there is always a chance of a scheme at play and whether that involves her or others is up to a matter of time.

This is getting to n'th dimensional chess levels now. While it is possible that Mith is scum, you have to believe that she is the lowest probability of the active players. We should be focusing our efforts on people that are far more likely to be scum.

I know that you were bussed by your team when you first played scum, but you were just a vanilla scum of little import. You wouldn't sacrifice the godfather one day one, you would be trying to hint that someone should investigate the godfather hopefully clearing their name.

That's why apart from Mith, I am also assuming that Gaspy, Av and Tithin are also probably town as it was still too early for a good bussing.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

A piece of it is this:

I have routinely thrown out an accusation at pretty well everyone here. Look at the response FS gives versus what's for dinner.

- composed
- florid
- needlessly prolix
- probing response that instead seeks information from the accuser

:ironicat:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I love the use of florid and prolix

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

That's just how I post :)

Freudian Slips stood out because everything else is very straightforward and then when accused BAM total tonal shift, to the extent no one has before.

I'm aware I come across scummy as gently caress, but I don't care. This is how I play.

Lol - I literally made two posts in game before Bif voted for me, one of which consisted entirely of a golf clap.

Yep - you had plenty of data to base that shift on.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

OK - you guys have posted so much poo poo this morning that it has taken me most of lunch to catch up

Firstly - Gaspy role claimed Tony Abbott day one. I think TOML and I were the only ones who picked up on it. My very first post was playing along with "knowing about women". Ironically this is what triggered Bif to vote for me. From my interactions with Bif - Gaspy thought I was scum. The only satisfaction I get from your accusations Gaspy is that I love knowing that you are wrong when you play so haughtily.

Now down to business

I am not a cop - so we can trust the cop claim at face value. I believe what's for dinner is confirmed town on this. Also the fact that the scum have a godfather I would also assume that what's for dinner is a sane cop - because what would be the point of a godfather?

That also rules out TOML and Gaspy (double sigh)

From that I have to take Gaspy's claim at face value and we shouldn't vote Gaspy (even though the quality of the posts would improve)

I personally have a poo poo voting record and should really be a top suspect now (not for the lovely reasons given by Gaspy)

But if you want my opinion I think Bif or Beet are my most likely contenders. But I am going need time to point out why later - can we not do an early lynch please?

My above analysis is also all based on the fact that there isn't a real cop sitting being silent - please don't do this as we will do more damage now to town if you don't reveal

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

This is actually a good point.

:respek:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

I really don't think there's a risk of an early lynch. Take your time and feel free to keep posting. The more data I have the more I can work with, and if you're town you have literally nothing to fear. The two people voting for you are both seen as suss by many, so who knows! Scum trying to lead the vote away from Tithin? Could be.

I will have to wait till I get home - but it's mainly the fact that beet has been pretty aggressive (when he used to be such a chill guy) and has had to corrected too many times. Especially by TOML.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

AGH. but then you keep doing THIS.

like the god drat golf clap, its a play designed to invoke solidarity in a game where such a thing cannot exist!

Ahh - I thought you were worried about me being "florid" and "prolix"

The thing is though I am town and I know TOML is town - so I do feel he is on my side :shrug:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Anidav posted:

Since we have the time lets look at the probability of this (note I don't have enough experience but will go ahead anyway.) :

- Scum has a godfather
- The game has 15 players
- In a game of 15, how big is a scum team?
- In a game with a godfather, what other power roles are scum likely to have?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game of 15 players?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game with a godfather?
- So far town has two power roles confirmed: doctor and cop.
- If Town has two power roles so far, does scum have an equal or slightly less than the amount of town power roles?
- If Town has a Princess, which is considered "crazy", is scum likely to have a power role equally as crazy?

The Princess is NOT GOOD for town, its an anti-power role as it only triggers if the town fucks up and they get beat down for doing so. Mills knows this and would have balanced the game appropriately

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Freudian Slip:

- didn't vote for tirade
- voted early for milky after a couple of votes
- cited that he had no real idea for milky other than "he was a bit suss"
- consistently pushes for role claims, requesting that the cop come forward
- put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method
- chummies up to players citing that "he knows they're town"
- is dead suss

Please show me where I asked someone to claim cop before Dinner claimed to be the cop?

Show me where else that I asked people to make role claims?

Where did I put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method?

You suck at this game

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

My weakness is that I spend too much time looking at voting data.

Up until AVs started the big theory about the cop being bussed or corrupt I would have said she was pretty clean based on her voting record. Now I am not so sure. Part of my problem is that she hasn't been posting much about Ariel Sharon or her lady bits which is all I really knew of her posting history before this game.

Tithin was also OK by me by his voting record as I still think its way too early to throw the godfather under the bus day one.

Beet is still really high up on my list because of the amount of times he has misrepresented what people have said. He usually has some of the most sound logic out of most players.

Kommando is playing loose with his votes

Anidav hasn't got into any poo poo fights.

I can never trust Bif

BT now that they are posting regularly is asking decent questions.

The other players are clear as far as I am concerned.

I am still leaning against beet - its only that Kommando is so certain that makes me worry. What else have you got on Beets dude?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Alright - heading home from work now (it was a late day) will post again when I get home

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Freudian Slip posted:

Please show me where I asked someone to claim cop before Dinner claimed to be the cop?

Show me where else that I asked people to make role claims?

Where did I put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method?

You suck at this game

Sorry Gaspy - that last bit was uncalled for. Had a long day at work.

Just want to say that you have plenty to be suss about me - my voting record and my spotty posting. You don't need to make stuff up - it will look scummy in other games when you arent princess peach

Sorry again - I don't like it when pkayers take the game too seriously

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

OK - so we are going around in circles again around the cop claim.

Let me go deeper so we get past this.

So far no one else has claimed cop - so we have to take it that Dinner is really the cop.

Since there was a godfather, one would have to assume that the cop was sane, otherwise why a godfather? (yes Mills could be a dick here but very unlikely)

So the only way that the Gaspy and TOML are wrong is if they were bus driven. I know some of you are thinking of a power blocker - in that case Dinner wouldn't have got the successful message. So that leaves only the bus driver

I find it unlikely that Mills would give the Mafia a busdriver as well as a godfather. The godfather already messes with investigations, why do they need a second. This also assumes that the bus driver would have to be mafia as a town bus driver would have already said "sorry my bad"

Even if there was a bus driver, the chances that the messed with the right people on the right night seems pretty low to me as well.

So I can say I am pretty confident that TOML, Gaspy and Dinner are town.

Is there any issue with this logic so far?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Avshalom posted:

it's also very unlikely that mills would give town a princess with nothing to balance it out. i'd say that mafia having both a godfather and a bus driver is more likely, in fact, and probably less damaging for town.

As I have said before - the princess is a bad thing for the town. It has no benefit, if it triggers its horrible for the town. A scum bus driver on the other hand would be very powerful

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

I sure hope Freudian slip gets somewhere with his argument soon as we only have NINETEEN NINETEEN LEFT

As someone who is still voting for Gaspy, what is wrong with my argument?

The only vote I can make at the moment that may succeed is AV at the moment and I am not sure about her

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh I thought you had more to say.

Well I am claiming that Gaspy has to be innocent based on that logic.

What do you disagree with?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Running out of time - I don't think its gaspy so

##vote Avshalom

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

There are variants of the beloved princess - one in which the town loses a day if she is lynched and the scum lose a night if they kill her (spending it hiding the body)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Phone posting but

PUPPET MASTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Damnit BEET!

• Locked thread