Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am also here and need to wake up. My dog woke me up at 3am. Now I am super drowsy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So why a name claim on day one? Because last time Milky got all the Transformers to nameclaim and that led to a scum victory. I'm not sure if it's suss or not because I've only had the Transformers game where name claiming was a thing.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That's the problem with day 1 though, it's hard to separate the meaningless from the meaningful. I guess as it appears that another 3-way has once again erupted on day 1:

My suss list is:
1.TOML
2.Bif
3.Asphyxious

In no particular order.

This is early and subject to change due to the reactionary nature of day 1.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey it's not my fault that you guys decided to fling votes at eachother.

We got a whole bunch of people with low-single-digit votes, including me for now but you guys are quite literally the only thing happening today so far. The list will change, don't worry about it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

posts, not votes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Also we're assuming that all 15 of us are frontbenchers correct? There are 19 ministers and only 15 players. TOML claims that his name-call will bait scum into name-claiming someone who is already taken by someone else. Making a scum trap. The one weakness is that there's 4 ministers a scum could claim to be without protest because they don't exist in the game at all.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey, where is tithin anyway?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

On a similar note, we really need some of the other players to talk more.

##vote tithin

I hope you're not too busy with work or whatever. See you soon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So you want us all to name claim, in some shape or form - on day 1?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*Watches thread slowly fill up with poo poo*

This is the work of an enemy stand!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm assuming the death text would be set within the party room and therefore not involve ALP members but rather Mal Brough ect?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

3. Anidav - Has been very quiet. Maybe it's from wanting to avoid d1 lynch, but last game he at least had some pretty good contributions to the scum hunting. This time, seemingly nothing.

Well I just finished an afternoon tea with my mother, came back and see the shitfight is involving more players and is very quickly becoming a tidal wave of bad blood that could very well consume multiple days of scum hunting. Whether it actually leads to netting a scum is a dice roll, so I'm staying out of this tango until it actually leads somewhere constructive.

I had plenty of theories last game but posting all of them too much, too often got me lynched quickly.

If you'd like me to post some theories, you're welcome to request it and I can reread the whole thread for you but at this point, it appears half of the playerbase is fighting over whether to kill Beet, TOML, Asphyxious or Bif. I simply can't see anything decisive at the moment except Beet and Asphyxious are being very aggressive towards other Townies that suspect them. Like a poisonous snake, hissing at votefinder. Bif seems to be loose with her vote, as usual but this isn't exactly gospel proof of her innocence.

I think day 2 will be better, I hope.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Okay, my brother is coming over soon to play Mario Party and drink booze so I'll make this quick.

1. We have a shitfight, it will statistically lead to a town death because Towns are most likely to pick fights with other towns on day 1. This will lead to an unintentional snowball (I hope it is unintentional) and probably kill a vocal town.

2. Even though town won last game, Scum got away with knocking off players who posted evenly across the day. This was a very good tactic and should be mentioned here in the event that Beet (as a repeat scum) or a copycat is trying the exact same series of provocative events which get vocal towns killed. This leads to scum conversational control which is a very powerful tool.

3. Small Keating appears to be adding a vital snowflake to the Beet snowball in order to help it reach critical mass. He could also be very busy in his life and simply getting his vote out of the way.

4. tithin is clearly busy. I hope he isn't too busy in the coming days because his posts are usually helpful to us. If it is intentional; he would be letting the shitfight take its course and do as much damage to town as possible.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Bzzzt I'm being aggressive to everyone and I would hardly call what gaspy is doing as aggressive. Also how do you know who is a townie and who isn't anidav? You said we're "being aggressive towards other townies", how would you know?

Pretty odd thing to say dude.

Sorry, I was meant to say posters. I don't mean it in a sufficient way. Wrong word.

Asphyxious posted:

Anidav's posting is ALWAYS odd. Insufficient data.

I will say it was riddled with falsehoods, the idea that half the player base is arguing over who to kill out of TOML, Me, you and Bif is bollocks, neither votes nor posts reflect that.

Please let me warm up, I'm just trying to get a grip on everything that's been happening since I left for tea with my mother.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is my posting really always odd?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Doesn't Milky always tend to lead town as a head detective, whether he's scum or not?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sorry I missed the vote last night, I was away doing family stuff like being social with my anti-social brother.

Joe being godfather is hilarious and also meaningful. This means Mills set the names to a humorous effect. (Smokey Joe, Smokey italian mafia boss)

I still think at the very least, Mal Brough is in this game, at the very least one of the actual spill instigators has to be here; with a humorous tinge.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So many potential scum, lets see. from what I can gather, pinning Smokey Joe was a bit of a lucky guess? The only justification was that character posting was annoying? There still seems to be a dynamic exchange happening between presumed hyperactive scum-hunters Beet, TOML and Asphyxious. Unusual low content posters include Milky Moor and tithin (presumed busy)

Why are people guessing Freudian Slip as scum again?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh? so name analysis is off the table today? Okay, I just figured it appears like there's some in-jokes here and there.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not defending low content posters, just tithin who said yesterday his absence wasn't intentional. (To Hambeet, I believe)

Bif appears to be posting as usual and including herself in every conversation that flies by. Her vote seems to be about as loose as Kommando's at this point.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kommando, possessed by the ghost of Harold. Flails wildly, fighting for control over his posting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Being coached by milky is a new theory and it does appear to fit into Tirade's attempts at being Joe Hockey. I will wait for Milky to post before voting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is there a transformer with a data fetish?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I was out of action last night due to having to play videogames with my older brother who doesn't have many friends. It won't happen again.

I'm home all day today so I won't be out of action tonight.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That's a really early snowball for Milky.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

Lets make it closer.

##vote Milky Moor

And watch the panicked scum trying to blend in back off rapidly.

:clint:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm going to wait for milky to post. Wherever he is?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This is quickly turning into the season finale of a HBO show.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There's a lot of different factors to process today, particularly Milky's chance of being town and if bussing the Godfather was apart of an elaborate plan. I remember in one of my first games Beet and Bif made a rather elaborate effort in that scum doc about a fake Masonry.

If these scum are particularly crafty in how they're using the provided scumdoc then it's a possibility that sacrificing a godfather on day one is a somewhat bulletproof citation to innocence. That's why I don't particularly give points to Mithranderp for pushing on Smokey Joe, there is always a chance of a scheme at play and whether that involves her or others is up to a matter of time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

This is getting to n'th dimensional chess levels now.

Your post is absolutely correct but I deem it of no harm to voice the possibility as a point of reference in case that is the intention. n'th dimensional chess almost got Beet successfully hidden in plain sight last game.

A cop is pretty much confirmed unless there is severe mind games built into the game by Mills.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does Milky have anything more to say?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So Avs and Milky are gone and TOML leaves in 25? That's not good.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No I know, I was just hoping for more conversation tonight before I vote.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Didn't you promise me an effort post on FS before gaspy or did Bif's post cover your thoughts; pretty much?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's starting to look like the vote won't go anywhere else unless gaspy or others have something else to say.

##vote Milky Moor

I'm going to do some shopping and cook dinner ect which will take time because I'm bad at cooking. I have to vote earlier with this in mind.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm eating a good dinner now, it took way less time than expected.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Who are your scum picks, Milky? Did you already post them? If not, it would be worth posting them in depth before you presumably get lynched.

If we're not getting a FS effort post today then an effort post from you would be something, if you're confirmed town after your death.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well, we have about an hour an a half, given that you're posting now. I'm willing to wait a fair bit longer in order to keep discussion alive.

So don't feel threatened.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You guys should stop using my name as an insult. :smithfrog:

• Locked thread