Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
freudian spill

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
full disclosure: i have class from 8am-2pm today so please don't hold my lofty silence against me

that said, i don't think i can handle a game without harold krell. i'm not coping emotionally, sexually or politically and i have no choice but to

##vote Anidav

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
haha no, i was kidding. i thought anidav played pretty well last game, he did his nipple proud

##unvote

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have returned from the depths

also i'll be away from like 7am to 6pm tomorrow :cripes: after that i have a free schedule though

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Those On My Left posted:

I know that in the last game there were misgivings about how quickly we rushed to a D1 lynch but in this game it's kind of the opposite so far.
we don't have harold krell this time

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

There are no obvious targets. Maybe just splat one of the quiet ones, let them know the adults are in charge.
i don't think we have any refugee auspolers but i believe bifauxnen is an immigrant? maybe she should be made an example of, we don't want boatloads of americans seeking medical asylum landing on our gentle shores

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hungry for our almost-livable minimum wage and $7 doctor appointments

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think we can agree that whoever's in charge, they need a strong hand wrt immigration

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the most educational moment in my first game was when i literally said "i agree with and support bifauxnen" and she promptly responded by trying to lynch me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

Don't question my methods, I get results. Also weird from you, as I pretty blatantly claimed you were town.
you got a hell of a result last game and everyone ignored it :argh:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'd be more likely to think it was a townsperson with a valuable role tbh, they need to be active enough that neither town nor scum think they're deliberately holding back while also not doing anything that will get them whacked. even baseless accusations can accidentally hit too close to home.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i don't think anybody will be dumb enough to try an aggressive scum manouvere for a few games at least, with milky's spectacular effort still fresh in our minds. if gaspy were to flip scum, it would be pretty interesting to then check out who he'd namedropped without going out of his way to make a case against (implying that he'd thrown them in just so they could fail to really react to his false "bait" and would therefore look less suspicious), but i couldn't justify lynching him just on the off chance that that's true because he's generally a valuable player when he's legit town

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

I'm really, really dreading the day I get assigned scum. My whole thing is applying my analysis to posts to scum hunt. The idea of pretending to do that revolts me. I'd probably just have to fly under the radar instead.
"god i'd hate to be scum, i'd really hate to be scum because my playstyle only suits town, which i am. i'm so happy to be town! isn't it great to be town, eh, guys? wouldn't it suck if i was scum? i'm town!"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Those On My Left posted:

This chess has N+1 dimensions.

Also Asphyxious I swear to god if you don't start responding to Avs with something other than "Interesting" soon, Jesus
i think he's trying to play it cool

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

I don't see enough to think Avs is scum, but her posting is out of alignment from previous games for whatever reason. Like its just kind of there. A niggle. A little twisted shard of irregularity. It's interesting.
well, not counting the last game where i was a giant omniscient breast in the sky, i've only played one game before, and i was killed on the second night - not lynched, but soag said that he only swapped me because he thought i was scum. so obviously i'd try to vary my playstyle a little, seeing as it was setting off scum alerts.

my jokes about bif were referencing the famous xenophobia of the liberals. at the moment, i don't have a preference in the four-way squabble between her, you, toml and beet, because tbh you guys are usually the top posters in mafia so it would be more suspicious if you weren't at each others' throats.

tirade's in-character posting is setting off my alarms because it's so close to how milky was obfuscating his dastardly true nature in the transformers game. but he's actually making coherent points in-character, which milky wasn't - he was just saying generic "go town! let's work together and catch those bad guys!" poo poo until close to the end of the game, when he started actually doing the false scum-hunt thing. (i seem to recall commenting on that at the time and nobody took any notice of me.) but i'll be definitely watching tirade and it'll be pretty suss if anything starts happening to the people who were against him

tbh i'm most suspicious of team silent. it's been proven a million times that auspol mafia is full of hair-trigger town players who'll eat each other if left to their own devices. it's 7:10pm est now, it's been more than enough time for them to at least post a "hey catching up now" excuse. i'll give tithin a pass because i know he's legit busy as poo poo irl, but where are b_t and milky?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ok actually i missed milky posting on the last page, but "meh, nothing to say" is hardly a post

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

No Milky posted he's willing to gamble real money on me being scum. It's okay. He's got this.
no he didn't, he just made a "NAH NAH NAH SMARTER THAN U" post about how he already had the scum picked, and i think he just pointed at you because you were the first to take the bait

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
which is kind of weird, because if a town player has intuitions about who's scummy, it doesn't benefit anybody if they keep it close to their chest, let alone gloat about it. it's not as if milky hasn't proved himself to have persuasive abilities in the past. that's beyond scummy, that's harold-level non-team-playing

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

frankly, I haven't read the first 7 pages. but people were speculating I had some super special role because I was a late comer last game. I've got Hal's boring role and Mills said he was going to do a pure mafia game so I'd say it's safe to say most of us are vanilla.
check out this guy pretending he's not a lynchbomb

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm actually kind of suspicious of b_t going out of her way to agree with me straight after i raised her as suss for being so quiet, but at the same time it was an excellent point :smug:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think i've accused most of the players at this point, are there any left i haven't covered?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ok, we need to get this lynch rolling i guess, so i'll make a decision based on my gut feeling, which is that he's just too loving milky this game

like, milkier than milky, who's my second choice (mentioning this in case i get nightkilled)

##vote Tirade

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'd just like to say that i enjoy tirade's in-character posting, just like i enjoyed milky's in-character posting, and tbh i think it adds to the flavour of a mafia game and it's sad that i now see it as a scum alert. but that's the way things are. :shobon:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
like i don't want to discourage in-character posting for future games. eventually we can all put the transformers fiasco behind us and heal.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

You've made a powerful enemy.
i meant the scum victory, not the game itself :ohdear:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
come on you silent bastards, give us blood, blooood

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress's sake, don't tell me we're going to have a no-lynch day just because everyone decided to go afk right at the eleventh hour

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ok i'm back finally, hi everyone :coffee:

time to catch up on... oh my god 400 posts

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm kind of having trouble understanding this current argument, i'm extremely exhausted so it's probably much simpler than i think but please be kind to me

at the moment it seems to be

several people, led by gaspy as far as i can tell: hey milky what's with saying you're 99% sure you've picked some scum and then refusing to tell us who they are

milky: fart

gaspy et al: that's pretty scummy tbh

milky: faaaaarrrrt :smug:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
milky, if you're so suss on gaspy, present some arguments against him. because all you've really said so far is "my intuition" and that's not really a good enough incentive for the rest of us to go after a guy who was just one of the major players in a d1 godfather lynch. gaspy is always super-aggressive and super-analytical in every game, even ones where he's got a role and would be expected to try to keep his head down, and this time it's getting major results so vaguely but persistently fingating him without any explanation is just making you look bad

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
this argument baffles me because even though milky is being obnoxious and this whole thing reeks of him trying to start a lynch train on a dangerous player, i kind of feel that if he were scum he'd be putting a bit more effort into it. like, gaspy's jumped on basically everyone in the game at this point, it wouldn't be too hard for a player of milky's skill to string together a convincing argument against him, get some backup from his scum buddies and coast to victory on everybody else's trace levels of resentment. on the other hand, he's obviously in a lovely mood (i don't even mean that in a derogatory way, we all get in lovely moods sometimes) and that would affect his gently caress-giving levels whether he was scum or town. in conclusion, idk

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they deserved to win in the last game :unsmith: :dong:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm doing this more because i got in trouble in my other game for not lynching than because i point-blank believe that milky is scum, but either way, milky's play today was pretty annoying and i don't really want to risk him being all "well i know all the answers but you guys aren't getting poo poo :smug:" all game

##vote Milky Moor

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm not sure why we've flipped back to assuming that names mean anything. i'm not denying that gaspy is abbott, someone's got to be abbott, but we still haven't figured out if there's a pattern at all to which irl politicians align with scum or town. mith was turnbull and she turned out to not just be town, but valuable town. afaik turnbull is considered one of the main players in the anti-abbott spill (not actively leading it, but certainly going to jump in and get his own once things are destabilised enough.) on the other hand, tirade was joe hockey, who is still more or less on abbott's side in the real world - but he wasn't just scum, but scum godfather! to me, this is pointing more toward "status quo libs = scum, libs pushing for spill = town" than the opposite, but the more obvious conclusion is that mills just pulled names out of a hat and they didn't mean anything.

so yeah, i believe that gaspy is abbott, but i don't believe that necessarily means he's a town role. it could just as easily mean he's a scum role, or vanilla scum, or vanilla town, or one of the weird individual teams that i don't quite understand much about yet.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

No that's the kind of information you keep from scum so they don't kill you.
why would scum kill a princess? from what i can garner, nightkilling a princess doesn't give them any benefit over killing a regular player. it would be more in their interests to whip up a lynch mob against you, and they'd probably be so desperate to do so that they'd go in too hard and make mistakes from day one. but you've done a decent job whipping up a lynch mob against yourself, and only now, at the very last moment, are you claiming

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

It's not the last moment, I've given everyone plenty of time to think. And the answer is I don't trust anyone. And I wanted to make it to at least day 2. And playing like a big target let me do that, but now I'm having to hold myself hostage because emotional attachment and your geriatric players Byzantine attachment to what is and is not a scum play is so maddeningly, dogmatically counterintuitive to actual investigation.
i'm generally pretty articulate but i cannot parse that last sentence at all.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

black_tangled posted:

Could it be the cop hasn't turned up anything of interest?

whats for dinner posted:

asphyxious isn't scum

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

Still doesnt make it any less poo poo. If you have that kind of lynchbomb why would you stir people up so much. You irit.
tbh that makes sense to me. he hammered the godfather on the first night, so by flailing around and going nuts with the scumhunting he made it more likely that paranoid scum would kill him - in the event that he is precious town princess tony abbott, being killed by scum would be much preferable to being killed by town, and he knew that he had the ace in the hole of roleclaiming if a lynch train got going. so yeah, i see the point of his tactics. if he's telling the truth. on the other hand, it would be a perfect roleclaim for a scum too. the big thing he's got going for him is the d1 anti-tirade crusade, which is pretty solid evidence, but there's always that possibility of a completely off-the-wall scum play by a group of clever lunatics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

Another idea:
This is mills personal thoughts on the Liberal party. The antagonists or his personal feelings about members determines faction.
hahaha we're hosed then, mills is totally inscrutable

• Locked thread