Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
"Gentlemen, gentlemen, please."

Wait a minute. Something's not right. There appear to be ladies in here!

Joe squints. Yep. Ladies.

Joe pulls Chief Whip Ruddock aside. There's a brief but animated chat: Joe gesturing at the one or two women in the room, Philip nodding glumly. Joe shrugs, and starts again.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I'll have more to say later, but right now let's just be clear on one thing. We are not Labor. Let me repeat that. We. Are. Not. Labor. We were elected to stop the chaos and confusion. And by God, I'm not going to stand by as people try to undermine this great party. If you're against Tony, you're against me, and you're against all of us."

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

It really comes down to polling.

"What's the matter, friend? Does polling give you cause for concern?"

If there's one thing Joe couldn't stand, it's poll watchers. 57/43. My god. Joe tried to put it out of his mind. There's only one poll that matters. There's only one poll that matters.

"There's only one poll that matters. It's clear that's something you need to learn."

##vote Matthew Beet

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
The nasally, not-quite-human voice of Eric Abetz jolted Joe out of his slumber. Throughout the day he had been mostly dozing, with only the slightest awareness of the party room dramas unfolding around him. And he had a recurring dream: he was a public servant, mindlessly shuffling papers from one tray to another. There was a brief moment of confusion as he regained his bearings - was he Joe Hockey, dreaming that he was a public servant, or a public servant now believing that he was Joe Hockey?

Joe blearily surveyed his colleagues. Everyone knew that Turnbull and Bishop were contenders if a spill motion succeeded, but that doesn't make them disloyal. Plus, they'd be pretty dumb to make themselves known so early. You'd think they'd hide in the background and hope no-one noticed them.

The disloyal are certainly among us, he thought. Backbenchers, sure. But it's a secret ballot - would cabinet members say one thing and do another?

"Gentlemen."

Joe felt a chill run down his spine as Julie Bishop's gaze snapped up from the paper in front of her, locking on to him with extreme disapproval. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. I know you all. I know that you're loyal to Tony. At least you say you are. But maybe a little test is in order. So, repeat after me. We axed the tax. We stopped the boats. We..."

Joe trailed off, the hairs on his neck, back and buttocks standing on end. Something wasn't right. Standing at the back of the room was a party member throwing wild accusations at the assembled colleagues. Through the gloom Joe couldn't make out their age, sex or gender, but got the distinct impression that they had some serious breathing difficulties.

"You up the back. Yeah, you, gaspy. You're not helping us find the traitors. You're making it worse. Who are you, anyway?"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

Day 1 no-lynch seems like a bad idea to me. To that end, I'd rather vote out those who haven't said much/anything.

black_tangled hasn't posted much (though that's par for the course with b_t) and generally white noise/ "I'm here" once beet suggested moving against absentees.
Tirade, who I am still most suss about, has only 2....(wait, I previewed)...now 3 (in character) posts, he was the first to name claim (which may have prompted others to do so), voted beet for ?? reason. Reminds me of milky in the Transformers game.

now he seems to be asking gaspy to name claim.

to that end ##vote Tirade

"I'm confident that those seeking chaos and dysfunction could be any of us. As are you, Malcolm, or else you wouldn't have identified yourself so readily. In fact, your argument makes no sense at all, given who you are and your aspirations of leadership."

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

oh hey tirade voted for me, i didn't see that. Why tirade, what was your reasoning? Band wagoning toml's scum play? maybe toml's not scum and maybe you are? what gives huh?

"I don't know who you are or who let you in here, but I questioned your loyalty to the PM before anyone else did. I didn't bandwagon anyone. Why would you lie about that?"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

I think we should stop fighting each other and all vote Tirade.

Turnbull was beginning to get on his nerves. Joe cast his mind back to the accusations that Malcolm had levelled against him.

1) "Only posts in character." Joe shrugged. As Ayn Rand once wrote, he could only be the man he was: nothing more, and nothing less.
2) "Voted for beet for ?? reason". Joe cast his mind back to the start of the meeting. A few half-hearted accusations flew as the meeting began, and Joe recalled saying that the gent with the beet-red face looked suspicious. No-one seemed to take any of the accusations seriously. It seemed strange that Malcolm was fixating upon this now. And wait, didn't Malcolm then cast his vote for me, not half an hour later?
3) "First to name claim". Again, Joe didn't really see the point. He wasn't asking for anyone else to speak up. But Turnbull did, didn't he? And then later he told everyone that he'd done so without thinking.
4) "Seems to want gaspy to name claim". Well, that came a full eight hours later, didn't it? Long after both he and Julie Bishop had come forward.

More and more, it seemed that Malcolm had it in for Joe, and on the most tenuous of reasons. But for what purpose? Either Turnbull's concern about people identifying themselves is valid, in which case he'd probably be kicking himself for doing so and desperately looking for a distraction. Or, it's meaningless, in which case, why make such a fuss?

##unvote
##vote Mithranderp

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Aargh realtalk I was posting in character on d1 to add some flavour to an otherwise boring day. But c'est la vie, pls kill mith tomorrow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Thanks for playing.

My thoughts on the set-up: Four scum is borderline too many for 15 players but I thought it was a weaker team with Tirade, Avshalom and Anidav (given the different level of experience and growth that some of you have had in AusPol mafia) so I deemed it fair and even put in a pro-scum beloved princess variation that would allow an extra night phase (for scum actions only) if Asphyxious died.

My thoughts on memorable players in the game: Asphyxious was town MVP despite going off the rails at the end. He nailed everything early on. If I was to pick a mistake, he shouldn't have said that his role activated when scum killed him. Scum never took advantage of this, but it was foolish all the same. I think Tirade, Avshalom and Bifauxnen all know pretty well already what they didn't do that well and it revolves around white-noise - you need to work harder to avoid this as scum. For Tirade it was in-character posting, for Avshalom it was asking stupid questions on purpose, and for Bifauxnen it was sitting on her hands way too often. As far as Anidav's play... well that is probably the best ugly duckling story I've ever seen. His early game sucked in my opinion because he was guilty of the same white-noise non-involvement but he managed to skate through and once he was the last scum left he went for an interesting gambit and it paid off. If I would have done it any differently, I would have left Tithin alive and claimed to have protected myself. This would have been a much more plausible scenario (but thankfully no one really thought it through on the last day before pointing fingers at Beet and BT) and it would have let him NK Asphyxious for the scum win due to the double night.

Pretty spot on for my posting Mills. The plan was to attract enough attention to get a cop to look at me on night one, but not quite enough attention to get d1 lynched. I went a bit too hard too soon with the in-character posting and unfortunately was out for dinner for the last 90 minutes or so of d1, so didn't get enough of a chance to mount a decent defence or maybe roleclaim. Although given that no-one knows anything about anything on d1, it might not have helped.

Thanks for running it Mills, great game.

• Locked thread