Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I have the power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

haha no, i was kidding. i thought anidav played pretty well last game, he did his nipple proud

##unvote

Flip flopping ##vote avshalom

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

That seems a little pre-meditated to me :tinfoil:

Actually yeah, good point

##vote tithin

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills can I clarify gamemod ruling on absentee players? Mod kill lurkers?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

A shameful Beet, trying to have party members modkilled for dozing off

It really comes down to polling.

black_tangled posted:

I'm here! I'm here! Jesus.

Sorry, it was a bit of a captains call.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Alright, gently caress it, Name Claim time.

Gotta hand it to Mills, great job making me the Minister for Sport.

Lol. Really? hahahahha

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the thread responds when they wake up.

Sorry crisises at work.

However, regardign the spill I believe in the team of Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay caught up on thread.

I want to see how the gaspy bif thing plays out. Bif isn't playing to type as she usually does when I've scum hunted her in the past. Gaspy seems like he's trying to play the exact same script he did with me last game that makes me think his posting is manufactured.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You think so? Might want to read again. Last game I shirtfronted you because of linguistic analysis and didn't back anything up. This time I'm trying to find holes in people's reasoning and being more transparent. I spoke to Splode about it after the last game after he said my posts were unhelpful and annoying, I'm trying to be a better town player.

It's actually a vastly different approach, but I don't blame you for not seeing the differences.

your posts were too directive last game yes. but im literally skim reading in an effort to keep up with whats going on.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You've identified something that I'd overlooked though so thank you Beet, bif's manor of evasion is actually identical to yours last game.

well yes that's what i was commenting on. In the past bif has been a good poo poo stirrer / active scum hunter with me. i dont have the time for the next few hours to get into it as i usually do.

also toml role claiming / name claiming is way out of left field for him, but *Eh* not super super suss

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

It's like 3 fuckin pages dude with like literally a whole day to go fuckin chill m8

i mean this is the first time i've had to read it and am dealing with work stuff m80

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

I haven't role claimed.

no i mean the name of your person. i then said

Matthew Beet posted:

name claiming is way out of left field for him, but *Eh* not super super suss

lets not incorrectly tarnish what someone was saying eh?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Really now. That's an interesting way to paint one of the first seriousposters of the game in a sea of jokes.

I just don't want to bounce the gently caress off you like I've done before with Beet, cause your analysis does seem amazingly good and worth keeping around as long as possible if you're town.

Yeah i'm the best person to poo poo post with to be fair.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Okay more experienced Scum hunters, let me put it to you: is constantly throwing gentle amounts of suspicion while refusing to actively point fingers a scum play? Or normal for town wishing to avoid any real detection.

Umm my opinion on this is mixed. Gently throwing bait out to see what bites is scum hunting, but gently pushing suspicion in all directions is counter productive. The issue is you can't see which is which until later on. One is looking for a target, the other could be looking for anything other than a target of a guaranteed townie, obviously.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

before I go to dinner with a friend.

Yeah say hi to Gina for me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

Umm my opinion on this is mixed. Gently throwing bait out to see what bites is scum hunting, but gently pushing suspicion in all directions is counter productive. The issue is you can't see which is which until later on. One is looking for a target, the other could be looking for anything other than a target of a guaranteed townie, obviously.

Uhh that should say OR a guaranteed townie

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Okay so here's my deal. I had two hits on my scumdar.

I went to write an effort post about one of them and realised that there were actually more reasons to suggest that person was town.

The second one is more of a gut thing. It's Beet. Not as useful as he usually is when he's Town. Moderately quiet, and when he's not posting he's mostly whitenoising. Might actually be busy at work, might also just be using that as a convenient cover to excuse low-content posting.

Beet arked up at me for accurately reporting the words that he actually posted. (Beet talked about "toml role claiming / name claiming", and then when I said I hadn't role claimed, he accused me of misreading him.)

That reminded me of the kind of bullshit and bluster he threw at Asphyxious last game when Asphyxious was onto him. They had an argument which was basically Beet misreading Asphyxious's posts.

Also, several people who strike me as definite Townies have name-claimed (some outright, some subtly, some not-as-subtly-as-they-think). This has happened especially as it's become increasingly likely that names don't indicate alignment. Beet hasn't. Why?

Beet's regular advice with Mafia is "trust your gut". Well, I'm doing it.

##vote Matthew Beet

Because I'm busy today at work.

Also.

Those On My Left posted:

I haven't role claimed.

Everyone click on that post. You specifically omitted part of my post and I called you on that because it's gives a slightly different meaning to what I was saying in the way you presented what I said compared to what I originally said last. Now what's come out of a semi joke response by me you're going to vote me?

Also the play last game your referring to was with bell jar not gaspy. Nice try.

So you've lunged on me very quickly based on a reinterpretation of your misrepresentation and a flat lie. You've said in last games dead doc and again that I'm normally an asset for town yet you're pretty eager to D1 lynch me? :allears:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also gaspy and toml are my suss candidates. Their posting seems too manufactured. Milky has proved you can lead the conversation as scum. I've proved there is no such move as 'being too dumb or not that dumb to try X'

Someone book mark the this post for later if I get night killed. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Nnnnno I think he's right there. He mentioned you being willfully misleading to my line of inquiry and you were.

Oh? I thought he was referring to me claiming bell jar was misrepresenting me. Which worked.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I think fattycakes here is just trying to weigh in one direction or another because there are so far no obvious choices. I think his reasoning isn't too poor, and you could have approached it in a more balanced way if you weren't skim reading.

Nah, my something isn't right bump is itching regarding yours and TOML's posts.

##vote Asphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Okay Beet let's do this. Here are the posts in sequence and in full:

I haven't role claimed.

no i mean the name of your person. i then said

lets not incorrectly tarnish what someone was saying eh?
[/quote]
People can read it for themselves. Yes, I edited out you saying "name claim" because I was directly trying to refute a misdescription of my actions. You said "toml role claiming / name claiming is way out of left field for him". Well toml didn't role claim. So ordinarily there would be nothing weird about toml saying "Nah I didn't role claim" but you had to go and accuse me of trying to tarnish what you'd said. It was just weird.

That is loving bullshit, it was with Asphyxious.

You're usually a huge asset to Town. You're also not a bad asset for scum - they came pretty close to winning the last game with you. I'm not seeing much Town assistance from you today. Could be because you're busy at work. I can't know that for sure.

Can't tell me to trust my gut and then say "except when that leads to you lynching me" :v:
[/quote]

Eh I can't refute this properly on the phone, you're trying to wedge me on the name claim the first when I specifically outw those two words together, you separated them, I joke call you on it and you build it into an argument to vote for me? Yep. I'm the scummy one here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Here let me stick up for TOML a bit more, that's not suspicious!

Nods.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Let's shake up the night kill a bit, make it less cut and dry.

Pretty sure TOML and Beet are both town, as is they're setting themselves up nicely so that when one is night killed a train can be lead on the other one. 2 town down, no waiting.

Can someone find my post from before the transformers game where I listed 5 hot tips and one was 'don't say you're sure someone is town - it's a scum play '

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Okay, well let me itch that bump a little harder for you:

That person was Asphyxious. I'm reasonably sure he's town.

Matthew Beet posted:

Can someone find my post from before the transformers game where I listed 5 hot tips and one was 'don't say you're sure someone is town - it's a scum play '

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I just think we'd achieve more as a co-ordinated effort. Beet, Toml and Gaspy, weeding out the scum. Much better than a repeat of the town vs town clusterfuck.

I would think so, but trusting me outright on day 1 is not something a safe town player would do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Fellow townies, ask yourself this: why is gaspy trying so hard to win my trust?

Why so when toml is gunning for me?

They're both trying to get me on side, gracious to gaspy for believing in me, trusting of toml when he backs down.

What would be better than a vocal townie on scum side running town off the cliff unaware his 'allies' are scum and that he's set up for the fall when he lynches one too many townies.

Ingenious really.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Do you think Freudian Slip fits that description?

Good thing I don't trust you outright on day 1 :v:

Beet, tell me who I should vote for instead. Someone who isn't Asphyxious. Who's your second pick, and why.

(okay so your second pick is probably me, who's your third)

Oh look it's already happening. Toml is backing down.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

This chess has N+1 dimensions.

Also Asphyxious I swear to god if you don't start responding to Avs with something other than "Interesting" soon, Jesus

Those On My Left posted:

the idea that after all these posts my ultimate aim is to get beet to trust me, just, just lol. it's like saying "TomL is going on a Krispy Kreme diet as part of a long term strategy to lose weight"

You're trying too hard.

" oh beet, tell me who to vote for then, I am willing to change my mind when you've said nothing new! This is not suss because... "

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also the lol at the fact two sussburgers here are trying to get everyone focused on if a name reveals alignment... Hmm who did that recently? Oh yeah it was milky in the transformers game. I forget what alignment was he again?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sorry gaspy you're just not posting like yourself. I've analysed the kerning of your posts and it doesn't add up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

lol I didn't say I was willing to change my mind, I didn't say I'd actually vote as you told me to. I wanted you to actually justify your reputation as a super helpful town player by Helping Town With Theories About Who Is Scum

(like, yes, I get it, you think Asphyxious and I are scum, but you should share your other ideas, because eventually you'll find out I wasn't)

Well due to phone posting on the way too and back from a burnt out building I've only been focused on you two and you two seem to be playing different to than you usually do. When I sit down at a computer and have time to read properly maybe I might realise I'm wrong or someone else is even more suss, but at the moment with minimal time available I have to go with what I see and it's 'toml and gaspy in a scum tree n-i-g-h-t-killing'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or maybe I'm just giving two other posters who I think are a huge risk if they are scum a real good grilling to see what comes out of it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

I don't think Beet's suss on Ms Derp tho

Haven't looked at her posts tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gaspy you're trying too hard to get me on side me thinks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Noice.

As someone who loves a day one lynch this is excellent argument and argy bargy today. JUST AS LONG AS WE loving LYNCH GOD.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

The nasally, not-quite-human voice of Eric Abetz jolted Joe out of his slumber. Throughout the day he had been mostly dozing, with only the slightest awareness of the party room dramas unfolding around him. And he had a recurring dream: he was a public servant, mindlessly shuffling papers from one tray to another. There was a brief moment of confusion as he regained his bearings - was he Joe Hockey, dreaming that he was a public servant, or a public servant now believing that he was Joe Hockey?

Joe blearily surveyed his colleagues. Everyone knew that Turnbull and Bishop were contenders if a spill motion succeeded, but that doesn't make them disloyal. Plus, they'd be pretty dumb to make themselves known so early. You'd think they'd hide in the background and hope no-one noticed them.

The disloyal are certainly among us, he thought. Backbenchers, sure. But it's a secret ballot - would cabinet members say one thing and do another?

"Gentlemen."

Joe felt a chill run down his spine as Julie Bishop's gaze snapped up from the paper in front of her, locking on to him with extreme disapproval. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. I know you all. I know that you're loyal to Tony. At least you say you are. But maybe a little test is in order. So, repeat after me. We axed the tax. We stopped the boats. We..."

Joe trailed off, the hairs on his neck, back and buttocks standing on end. Something wasn't right. Standing at the back of the room was a party member throwing wild accusations at the assembled colleagues. Through the gloom Joe couldn't make out their age, sex or gender, but got the distinct impression that they had some serious breathing difficulties.

"You up the back. Yeah, you, gaspy. You're not helping us find the traitors. You're making it worse. Who are you, anyway?"

Interesting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh sorry I didn't log into my gaspy account.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh hey i just read the first page again, milky has been quiet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh hey tirade voted for me, i didn't see that. Why tirade, what was your reasoning? Band wagoning toml's scum play? maybe toml's not scum and maybe you are? what gives huh?

milky you've been super quiet except for your oh so humours vote for bif where she also voted for you. what's the g.o. brother?

b_t dont tell me you're off to rainbow serpent or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

toml who do you really thinking is scum. no one except tirade is following you (and that's not a good thing either) so why me? why not someone else? how was dinner with gina?

• Locked thread