Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw, really? Don't know if it's too early and you're still joking around, but I thought he really changed his game up a lot last time. He was throwing out a lot of genuine analysis, and even though not all of it hit the mark there were some theories in there that were right.

Now he could still be scum this time of course, so I will be ready to turn on him in a second the moment he gets his poor little hopes up. But I think we could at least let him live a day or two so we can get some content to follow. Get some scum trying to either frame him or bus him for reasons that are more revealing than blind D1 flailing.

If there's anyone I think could use a good turbolynching, Milky might be a good idea!

##vote Milky Moor

Milky Moor posted:

I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY

##vote Bifauxnen

Bifauxnen posted:

oh my god you suuuuuuck

That seems a little pre-meditated to me :tinfoil:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sitting directly next to the head of credit for Australia means no posting for me today.

Sorry.

Roleclaim - vanilla town, Greg hunt.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did my earlier post not go through?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mithranderp posted:

I'm not really trying to clear the front bench. It's more that I'm trying to figure out what significance (if any) the flavour has in faction alignment.

If tits is Dutton (minister for health) I'd expect his role to be doctor. But he's claimed Vanilla, which (if true) means that any roles in the game might be independent of the flavour characters themselves. Which means that it's entirely possible that name claims have no bearing on alignment as well. The leadership spill was a SECRET ballot, after all.

So like Asphyxious was stating, better to ignore name claims and focus on the posting.

Greg Hunt

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been waiting to see if someone else besides me would react first to Tithin just straight up name AND roleclaiming as vanilla town. This is another possible detriment of your plan, TOML. People start volunteering more than they need for no reason.

Scum know I'm not scum, so flavour and role claiming has no detriment - people were doing it earlier and it's the only part of the conversation I have time to contribute to at present.

Heads up though, I'm irl in an all day union meeting tomorrow so uh, probably not posting much then either. Should be fine after that, assuming I'm not night killed by polite scum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

To clarify - it has no detriment when I'm V. T. Otherwise yeah, I'd not be role claiming :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it still can, cause then scum could just look elsewhere if they're trying to hit a power role. Unless they think you're just faking them out by claiming to be vanilla, but that would be like a reverse Anidav move and not one I think you'd make if you had to explain your hidden role later.

It might not matter if you're the only one who claimed VT, but if a bunch more had followed suit, that could've quickly become a problem.

Good point, I hadn't consisted that in my :justpost: mentality.

It's not a reverse Anidav move though, straight up townie.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

When does the day end?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't have a strong opinion on who's scum and who's not.

Smart scum through out just enough shares of grey and white noise posting to stay visible but appear scum hunting, which is the impression I'm getting from toml.

Synchronised posting of Beet and Bif is a cause for concern but not enough to be so unduly on day 1 - they're both excellent players and could just be picking up on the same trail.

The three way poo poo fest makes me reluctant to vote for any of the trio as if we do and they are town, we weaken ourselves immeasurably.

Of the 3, I'd be most willing to vote toml.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving SMART PHONES, WHO'S BEEN loving WITH MY PREDICTIVE TEXT

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

this is a good post.

4. last time he hid he was scum. fact.

My absence that game was tangential to the fact that I was super busy, and I even said as much in the post game and apologised for it, much like I'm apologising for it now.

For perspective, I don't get forum access on my work pc, it's all phone posting for me and when I'm sitting next to someone who can fire me for gently caress all reason except that I look weird and have a funny accent, my focus is less on mafia and more on the job.

So it's disingenuous to say that I was scum and absent, because it implies it was done as a strategy, but I was also doing real life poo poo. It wasn't a strategy to hide from probing eyes, much like it isn't this game.

Christ, toml, who I think is suss as gently caress this game will back me up that we had to coordinate votes at night via email because I couldn't get home until late to discuss on the google docs.

Sorry, stressful day and tomorrow looks to be even worse.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

There will be some roles.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

[quote="tithin" post="441373774"]
My absence that game was tangential to the fact that I was super busy, and I even said as much in the post game and apologised for it, much like I'm apologising for it now.

For perspective, I don't get forum access on my work pc, it's all phone posting for me and when I'm sitting next to someone who can fire me for gently caress all reason except that I look weird and have a funny accent, my focus is less on mafia and more on the job.

So it's disingenuous to say that I was scum and absent, because it implies it was done as a strategy, but I was also doing real life poo poo. It wasn't a strategy to hide from probing eyes, much like it isn't this game.
Christ, toml, who I think is suss as gently caress this game will back me up that we had to coordinate votes at night via email because I couldn't get home until late to discuss on the google docs.

Sorry, stressful day and tomorrow looks to be even worse.
[/quote

I never said it was a strategy. I said last game you were scum you were also fairly absent.

You've then gone and drawn conclusions I didn't even make. Thanks I guess.

Do you not see the link you made? "last game tithin was scum, he was absent. He's been mostly absent this game."

The implication (not Conclusion - you'd rather leave that for others to take away of their own volition) being that I'm scum and that my absence is strategical.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

I know what I was implying because it was deliberate. And with minimal prompting I got you to say it instead of me. Funny that.

:rolleyes:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Votefinder, what's the tally.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

##vote Tirade

Irritating roleplaying.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

[quote="Matthew Beet"post="441374559"]it's known as gasping g as straws.
[/quote]

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Got some real missed opportunities beet by continuing to use grasping as opposed to gasping.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Early shotgun voting fucks up my scumdar because it really looks suss as gently caress with hindsight and while I get that for you guys (bif & beet) it's a way of generating ~data~, all it really does is muddy the waters a lot for everyone else.

In the last game you tried it, it led to a perfect scum win because you guys went on to fight amongst yourself for days.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah this is what I was talking about Tithin, that's another one now that needs to proclaim how they're vanilla town. Although maybe some of them are vanilla scum instead.

Matthew Beet posted:

well maybe bif should stop acting scummy.

and correction, i don't shotgun vote, im sparing with my votes because it DOES muddy data. I voted for gaspy all yesterday and only switched to tirade because of character posting suss levels and we needed a lynch.

i throw accusations but i don't easily throw votes. that's why I'm kind of taking bif to task because I don't think it is actually of benefit to town to be that free and easy with the votes, but i don't necessarily think it's scummy either.

My point being that in either respect it's a liability for town.

You either as town, muddy the waters and fight amongst yourselves as the last few games and weaken town, or you're using it as meta cover to hide in plain sight as scum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those On My Left posted:

I'm getting a bit tired of the Beet/Gaspy show (look at those posting statistics) so I'm going to chill until some more interesting things get said (hopefully by other people).

"I'm tired of only two people posting, therefore I'm not going to post"

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I mentioned yesterday that I was gonna be in an all day union meeting today.

Vote for me if you like, but I'm exactly who I say I am.

Should be free at lunch.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've had a brief scan over lunch.

The milky argument has legs, but the problem with a milky vote is that he uh, everything he does has implications of scumminess. If he scores scum kills, he's dangerous because it's usually a front. If he doesn't, then he could be changing his meta.

I'm more inclined to vote for him in the grounds that how he's posting now is the exact same as he was in the last all Vanilla game that mills ran and that bif won single handedly.

##vote milky moor

I still think that toml is likely scum at this stage, but I'm out until 7-8pm, and no one seems too focused on him.

:justpost:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't see anything wrong with what I've written.

If you disagree with it, tell me why you disagree with it, tell me what's inaccurate, preferrably without the insults.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

Or, y'know, caring about the longevity of this town if I'm not in control of it.

That's not exactly helpful to your case, when combined with

Milky Moor posted:

But you have a pretty big interest in establishing and controlling a narrative. Probably the most vital part of a scum role and it's something I do very well.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

i'm kind of having trouble understanding this current argument, i'm extremely exhausted so it's probably much simpler than i think but please be kind to me

at the moment it seems to be

several people, led by gaspy as far as i can tell: hey milky what's with saying you're 99% sure you've picked some scum and then refusing to tell us who they are

milky: fart

gaspy et al: that's pretty scummy tbh

milky: faaaaarrrrt :smug:

You're not wrong.

My vote for Milky was in case I couldn't get back tonight, and I'm here now.

##unvote

I don't get what game milky's playing at here, it's now how he usually goes.

At this stage I'm torn between TOML, Gaspy and Milky.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

weird, no. it's not. i wonder why that is

maybe it's because i'm town??? like i've said?

I've played many games with you, as town together, scum together, and opposing.

The only game I've seen you post like this is the one i mentioned earlier - surely you can understand why this would give me pause.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

black_tangled posted:

Here is a basic level question, why is Milky Moor going off his nut?

Here's a basic level question, why are you provoking him?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

15 minutes eh.

I'm not keen on voting for Milky.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

So he never said outright "oh yeah, Milky is town", guess it'd be easier to just ask him at this point - Tithin why were you backing off of Milky?

I backed off because he was making sense and there was enough doubt that I was hesitant to vote.

He managed to lay enough seeds of doubt between his posting and the content that I could tell there was genuine frustration there, it was trying to differentiate between "Frustrated townie" and "frustrated scum" that was giving me pause.

I wasn't expecting him to be hammered so "quickly" (less than 5 minutes after I made that post).

Honestly, I'm looking at the poo poo flinging that's occurred this morning with quite a critical eye. Asphyxious is the person highest on my list right now (thought TOML's still up there), in part because of the direct accusation from Milky, and in part because of his conduct since the game started. It's shithouse.

Sorry for the lack of effort posting, I've called in to work today due to kids being fuckwits overnight, I've had a total of about 2.5 hours disturbed sleep overnight, so I'm in a foul mood

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

I still feel like something obvious has been missed. People have started placing Milky's lynch on me, which is garbage. Other than Avs and kinda sorta Tithin (who both then voted for him...) I was one of the only people encouraging milky to say or do anything that could be helpful.

I'll need to go over it again and see who actually kicked off on milky day 2. I know the initial theory was that he'd been coaching tirade, but worth looking at who chimed in where and how.

wind that the gently caress back

I voted for him early as a safety measure because I was gonna be busy most of the day

I then got home and unvoted for him, and didn't revote for him at the end of the night

Stop trying to re-write history. My name wasn't on his succesful lynch.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe it read so differently to me cause that's how I behaved in my first scum game when I was in a tight spot. And it's how he behaved when we were scum together whenever he wasn't getting his way yet.

I can see why your mannerisms are really coming off as scummy, and we now know Milky's guess of you being scum was being made from a townie perspective. But the one thing that's holding me back is you did get in on voting Tirade real early. Milky resolved this dissonance by assuming it must be a frame-up. Maybe it could be. black_tangled's idea was interesting, that Mith could've been killed to try and disprove the theory. But it still seems nuts to me to go in that early on D1 when things were still pretty scattered around.

So right now, I'm sitting here trying to think - in the universe where Gaspy is scum, why is he doing the things he's doing? And could it possibly make sense? This might end up as an effortpost once I get caught up on my work this morning.

Possibly my paranoia but this is reading funny to me. It's too ... clean.

Either way, i reckon it's gaspy at this stage, and I'm voting for him

##vote asphyxious

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

Making Sense how? What seeds of doubt? He screamed and yelled and insulted people. That's persuasive?

Go re-read his poo poo from the perspective of frustrated townie and it makes perfect sense.

I still think it was a dumb play, but the frustration was evident and that gave me pause.

Interestingly, you're giving me pressure about not voting for someone who's flipped town - I'd be very interested in re-reading the original chain of logic that led people to want to vote for him in the first place.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Hokay that's 3 votes out of 6 which has hit the parameters for my next action.

I'm not vanilla, I was given the *hilarious* role of beloved princess, which apparently means if I get lynched, scum get an extra night of night actions.

So yeah. Even if you think I'm annoying or whatever lynching me is a good way to gently caress things up for town.

I genuinely don't believe you.

Asides from it being an incredibly *rare* role, it's way too small a game to have a beloved princess in - especially considering the theme, and the fact that Mills is pretty vanilla with his roles all told.

Even if you are telling the truth, outing that piece of information means you're probably going to die tonight to scum (Given no doctor), and we're going to lose a day turn anyway, so I'm sticking to my vote and calling your bluff.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Also tithins reasoning is bullshit. "Oh you're probably bluffing so instead of selecting another target lets just guarantee 2/3 town deaths"

Pro play. Well done. Genius.

How the gently caress is it bullshit? It's a lovely role that's typically only done in a madness game because it weakens town if a beloved princess dies that much!

Let's take you at your word then, you're town and a beloved princess.

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch.

If we keep you alive tonight, and murder someone else, you die tonight because you're a big dumb baby trying to save your skin. Suddenly it's 9 alive, and 5 to lynch. Only whoops, it's actually 8 alive and 4 to lynch because scum get another night kill.

Whereas if we kill you, it's going to be the exact same loving setup because we lynch you (10 alive, 5 to lynch) and then scum get two night kills (8 alive, 4 to kill).

In either respect we're hosed

That's why I'm calling your bluff, because no matter what happens, we're going to be in the same position, and frankly I don't believe you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm willing to stake my life on it at this stage.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

No I know, how about someone pushing super loving hard for lynching a princess AND washing his hands of a confirmed town lynch.

Not my usual approach but sound nonetheless.

##vote Tithin

Yeah ok, go for me, two things

#1 - I'm exactly who i said I am, Vanilla Town, Greg Hunt

#2 - If I'm going down, I'm pointing fingers. See, I still don't believe you're town, but you've built up enough cred through someone claiming detective, and your own role claim that you live another day. Fantastic, good job.

So in order of most suspicious for me, there's two lots

2.1, TOML, Gaspy, WFD
2.2, Beet, Bif, Gaspy

I reckon that Avs was right on the money that traditional big L liberals are the scum in this game, and if gaspy's claimed T. "loving" abbott, he's leading you by the loving nose.

So go on, vote for me and end this farce.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Honestly, thinking about it, if there WERE a beloved princess, it'd be Peta loving Credlin, with Abbott as the bodyguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those On My Left posted:

Doubtful. Spill happens in party room, pretty sure party room is sitting members only, not their staffers. (Happy to be corrected on this, never been in a party room.)

It's not completely based on party politics though, if it's based on

Kommando posted:

Another idea:
This is mills personal thoughts on the Liberal party. The antagonists or his personal feelings about members determines faction.

Given how much Abbott's put in for Credlin to keep her position, it'd no be a surprise if this were the case.

• Locked thread