Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

In

I'm still going to be posting using the avshalom/bif style tho, sorry.

(my breasts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Mills can I clarify gamemod ruling on absentee players? Mod kill lurkers?

I'm here! I'm here! Jesus.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Sorry, it was a bit of a captains call.

Those have been working out realllll well recently.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

I know a fair bit about women too, I know that abortions cause breast cancer! I have research from the 50s to back it up!

I bets you do.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

"god i'd hate to be scum, i'd really hate to be scum because my playstyle only suits town, which i am. i'm so happy to be town! isn't it great to be town, eh, guys? wouldn't it suck if i was scum? i'm town!"

My thoughts exactly

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Hey team - I got a last minute babysitting request after 1.5 hours in the dentists chair. gently caress you guys talk a lot.

Here is my run down:

Beet- loving silent last game now piping up, I've heard tell this means he is town. Has pursued the game at pace which I appreciate.

Mith- random accusations, none very compelling, hatin on the flavour text, however did make a good point re character claim

Toml- I really don't think character claiming benefits town, so I feel it's a suss move to just start this up.

tirade- don't mind the flavour text tbh, keep it up.

Anidav- could be anything. Total wild card. Gut feel says no but that's coz I'm a sucker for an underdog.

At the stage I just feel like the only one on my radar who might get tipped tonight is gaspy. Primarily due to "gosh I can't believe how much I'm town".

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Getting a vote in ##vote Asphyxious

Small Keating posted:

No, wait, it's Tirade. My mistake. I remain ambivalent about the in-character posting, but if that's the way the bandwagon is going...

I feel like jumping on in-character posting as a reason to lynch is a cop out. So tithin is now looking pretty suss.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

[b]##unvote

That was in my phone by accident

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##unvote ffs

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i'd just like to say that i enjoy tirade's in-character posting, just like i enjoyed milky's in-character posting, and tbh i think it adds to the flavour of a mafia game and it's sad that i now see it as a scum alert. but that's the way things are. :shobon:

Yeah. YEAH!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##vote tirade in interests of getting the lynch

Note mith gunned very very hard for this if it all goes wrong tonight.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

OH MY GOD WHAT A SCUMMY THING TO SAY

Lol

Ok scummy list

Toml, gaspy, mith, sk

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

9 minutes.

Halp

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Aargh realtalk I was posting in character on d1 to add some flavour to an otherwise boring day. But c'est la vie, pls kill mith tomorrow.

I'm sorry. I believe you :[

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Then why are you voting for them?

Because we are down to the wire and it's better to lynch than no lynch in my limited experience

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Fyi I can see all of you posters who are lurking online and not voting / posting.

Can you name them? What if the window is open but they are afk

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm heading into a workshop now, just want to say Milky is incredibly suss given his domination in the transformers game to have his commentary whittle down to "can't play no data" when there was masses of activity all around yesterday... SAF (suss as gently caress).

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Vanilla town.

What a stunning defense.

I highly encourage you all to review Milky's posting history which is composed of:

1x joke vote
1x joke comment
2x white noise/ nonsense

Milky Moor posted:

lmao tenbux says i have the scum picked
1x non contributing response to a call for picks
2x purely quote responses
1x bullshit "no data" claim
1x accusation of gaspy (no evidence given)
1x vote for gaspy (no real train in progress at that time)
1x above "defense" for being called out

Didn't vote for Tirade.

##vote Milky Moor

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

whats for dinner posted:

From what I've seen, Milky's play this time around is pretty irregular. Could it be that after his spectacular scum performance in the Transformers game he's worried that any aggressive play will come across as super-scummy and get him lynched straight away, regardless of whether he's town or scum? If he is town and is trying to scum-hunt he's probably going to want to come out with as much evidence as he possibly can.

Could this be interpreted as backing up Milky?

Could Tirade have been being coached by Milky to go down the flavour text misdirection route?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

It's actually fairly neutral - offers a reason to lynch Milky, and a reason not to. Hedging bets isn't great but this doesn't trigger my scumdar.

Fine, just noting it for later. Could just be subtly raising doubts. Has been very quiet.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kommando posted:

very well. just vote 1

##vote Bifauxnen

Interesting. Any particular reason?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Something else I noted was that Milky posted twenty minutes before cut off, when we were really getting to the wire of not having a lynch, and stuck with the vote for Asphyxious, which wasn't going anywhere. Could really have dropped the hammer, but didn't.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

This connects with why FS is scum. They were trying to hold back. They really, really didn't want to lose their godfather so didn't pile on the lynch, instead with the close time and Tirade's last post, praying that it'd be a no-lynch.

And the person who did drop the hammer was town.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

Also Kommando is suss because (I feel) he is doing a lot of white noise posting/voting when that's...kinda not necessary.

I agree- giving no reason against Bif (not saying one way or the other on her myself) then immediately finger pointing at me is pretty funny.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

B_T stands for "Beety", he's giving you a cute nickname.

I'm kind of upset that BT has taken off, as I really hate Brian "BT" Taylor. And British Telecom, come to think of it.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

I think of you as "Black n' Tan" like the beer.

I had to google that and it sounds a bit gross, also, not a good thing to order in Ireland apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kommando posted:

You forget Brian Transeau "Bt" the Godfather of Trance.

I'm just thinking, statistically someone among the already voting would be scum... but i really have no clue. and I'm just shotgunning. but B_T is trying to waft suspicion off herself like a stinky fart that's trapped in her jeggings.

the Milky logic looks fairly sound right now too.

Beet may be playing us all.

You are contradicting yourself. Also I would never wear jeggings.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

But we ARE your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0TvnWRSyr4
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Wow, okay we could probably stand to drop a vote from someone who knows they will be around at deadline to put it back on. I know I'll be around for the hammer, so I don't need to get mine in early.

Milky himself should at least get the chance to post something before the hammer, and didn't Avs say she'd at least be back to check in in the evening?

Since I led the charge, I think it unlikely I'll be called "panicked scum" for doing this so ##unvote

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

Just to clarify, I voted for Milky before you did. (But your post definitely got more people climbing aboard than mine.)

shhh, don't take this away from me

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

As I said a few games ago, I'd throw every other scum player under the bus if it increased the chances of a scum victory. Nailing the Godfather is risky (although the existence of the role implies we have a cop) but it's a great bit of cover because people just argue that point as defense - why would I kill my own godfather?

As a newbie can someone confirm that Cop is the most common/likely town role if roles are enabled?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Everyone stop worrying about cops, just assume there isn't one and play like normal.

Cool just trying to understand why the assumption

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

And you could get night killed tonight. You're not worried about that?

You're not acting very townlike comrade gaspy.

I can't see the point in holding back.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I really don't get what all the hostility/spite/insults is supposed to achieve

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Because I'm set on Asphyxious and I don't change my votes without what I think is a compelling reason. I also enjoyed Tirade's posting and didn't think someone would be so dumb as to repeat what I did.

So you'd prefer no lynch d1 than change your vote?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

[quote="Milky Moor"

so, maybe wonder who managed target them and what they used to nail them day 1?

who jumped on with the second or third vote as a precautionary measure for maximum deniability?

who jumped on the last vote and dropped the hammer because, surely, that person wouldn't want to kill their own godfather?
[/quote]

This makes no sense to me

Milky Moor posted:

weird, no. it's not. i wonder why that is

maybe it's because i'm town??? like i've said?

i know, right

so, maybe wonder who managed target them and what they used to nail them day 1?

who jumped on with the second or third vote as a precautionary measure for maximum deniability?

who jumped on the last vote and dropped the hammer because, surely, that person wouldn't want to kill their own godfather?

This makes no sense to me.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Oops phone posting, errors.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

deliberately obtuse

'i just don't get how people might vote!! what does this mean? it doesn't make any sense'

OK-

You are ranting like a crazy person and that post just didn't MAKE SENSE- perhaps it's my shabby Australian education. Yes it is pretty obvious you need to time your vote appropriately when scum. As already pointed out, SK was hammer and was town.

End of the day, you aren't being helpful ##vote Milky Moor

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

okay, so one person was confirmed town

what about the person who jumped on second

what about the person who miraculously picked out someone who was the godfather?

try harder

f*cking you try harder, it's your argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Here is a basic level question, why is Milky Moor going off his nut?

• Locked thread