Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



Eye of the Storm
Preparations: Level III Pastel Plate (2), It Goes Ping! (1), The Song Inside the Storm (2)
Complications: Freak Tropical Storm, Rogue Magician, Flyer of Unknown Origin
GM Points: 6 | 3

After the things hammers on the warded plate again and again, it decides to take another tack. As Hotaru recovers atop the bridge, a large, winged shadow soon joins her here.

Only the shifting of the winds announces the faceless creature's arrival. Not even its wings make a sound.



Barbed tails, hand-like claws, and curved horns behind its faceless head. Nightgaunts rank fairly high up in the mythos bestiary, so it takes a remarkable sorcerer to bind one into its service. This one stares down Hotaru with its pitch black face, projecting terror on the hardened magical girl.

The nightgaunt mentally attacks Hotaru with Provoke! Trix, /+/-+4 = 4!

_____

Aside from minor scrapes, the rest inside the gunship make it out okay (even though Xelene practically caves against the Complimentary Gunship Vending Machine and chocolate bars start to pop out of it). Mai certainly doesn't hit her head on the dash, though the whole thing does make her head spin a bit. It should be alright, right?

"Are you alright?" Ms. Silang asks over the comms. "You ladies need to scramble. That pirate gunship is taking off, it looks like it wants a piece of you!"

Indeed, the gunship's sensors detect the ramshackle ship closing on your own ship at an alarming rate. AR screens open to produces images of the enemy ship (flying across the sky using rusted thrusters, patched up magical sails, and a lot of prayers) as it deploys an impressive array of cannons and gatling weapons from its ports. The enemy doen't even wait to reach firing range before it peppers the sky with bullets, magic explosions, and flak. If you don't move fast, your ship (and the pteranodons flocking around you) might get blown out of the sky!

A reminder to keep track of any stress you took from that last attack.

Mai takes the negative Boost
Disoriented which might affect her situational awareness for a bit.

__________

Okay, so welcome to your first fight. This operates a lot like a regular challenge, in which you need to accomplish tasks in order to win. You also have to contend with a threat, like in a regular conflict, who hinders the party but can be whiled down by also accomplishing relevant tasks. You can choose between attacking the threat, overcoming the tasks in the Challenge Phase 1 box below, or creating advantages to help with either.

I'm iffy with Atomic Robo's initiative for this, so let's make it simple for now: everyone gets to move first, then the nightgaunt goes. But I can spend an FP at any point to take my turn earlier.

For this fight, you get the benefit of your lightning cannon turret: only one person can use it, but it provides W:2. You can choose to fire it at full blast and short-circuit/instantly overcome any task below (or in the following phases), but this only works once.


Challenge Threat - Nightgaunt posted:

Aspects
• Winged, Faceless Horror

Modes and Skills
• Good (+3) Beast (+5 Tooth and Claw; +4 Athletics, Provoke)

Stunts
• Night Snatcher: As long the nightgaunt remains near the gunship, it can attempt to snatch any of you and dump you a hundred miles above the stormy ocean. Have fun with that!
• Monstrous Hide: Armor: 2

Stress
OO

Challenge Phase 1 posted:

Expose a weakness on the nightgaunt [Good (+3)]
• Success: Weakens the nightgaunt's defense roll and turns it into passive difficulty

Keep the nightgaunt off the ship [Great (+4)]
• Success: Disables the Night Snatcher stunt

Navigate the Happy Turtle gunship through enemy fire [Superb (+5)]
• Success: Prevents a zone attack next phase

Protect the pteranodons from the crossfire [Great (+4)]
• Success: Special reward

Mitama fucked around with this message at Mar 10, 2015 around 03:44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

Mai shoves her glasses back onto her face and scowls. She steps over Xelene, reaching for the comm box. The crappy loudspeakers on the outside of the hull crackle to life.

"Hey! Hey!" The wretched quality of the speakers give the secretary's voice an already-harsh tone, and then there's a wave of synesthetic recoil as she shouts at the monster. "Gé͎͈t̙̰̗ ̻̗͘o̻̣͈̳͓͘f̩͍͉͈̮̤f̛͉̦̭̰̯ ̸͖m̟̤̰y̹̝͍͠ ͉̳̞̼̗̱͚f̣̣̹͈͇͕u̟̙͘c͖k͕̰̟͖̘͠i҉̱̙̖n͎̼͝g̀ ̥͔̕s̴̼͚͓̲̖͕̳h̛̺̪̗̬̻̺i̸͍̥̭p͇̩!͙̱͓̺"

Provoke via my bad-words stunt to try and overcome the night snatcher quality. 3, spending a fate point to bump that up to 5.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012



Amelia 3/4

Even without the amplification, Mai's words make Amelia's skin creep. How does she do that? She doesn't dwell on it, though, but instead turns the sensor suite to full power and starts hammering the pirate gunship with lidar pulses. She even picks up the binoculars to get the Mark I Eyeball on it. It's a ramshackle piece of crap, there's got to be a blind– There! Whoever outfitted it was pretty smart, covered every corner of the ship with some sort of gun, but that green explosion just now wasn't a muzzle flare. Service your magical guns, kids.

"Good old Muvian tech." Amelia smirks to herself. "Tzera, heads up! Get above it, on their left side! They just lost their flak on that side." Port and starboard can go bugger themselves, a city girl can't be expected to keep 'em straight.

I'm assuming Tzera's on the rudder, just because no-one else apparently is. Rolling Notice to create the advantage On Fire.

= 10:51:06 < Siivola_> !roll 4dF+4
= 10:51:06 < Krysmbot> Siivola_, /-+/+4 = 4

What the hell, I'll pay a Fate Point to invoke It Goes Ping! to bump it up to 6. That oughta do it with style, right? Enjoy your free invokes.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e


Xelene
Xelene picks herself up with a grooooooan, but don't count her out! She is going to help. She is going to help by very politely waiting her turn until Ms. Yamane is done shouting at that whateveritis in that very very disconcerting way that she does sometimes and she's definitely not going to wince or shrink back or anything because SHE IS A VERY BRAVE MAJOKKO AND ALSO COOL+CUTE BUT MOSTLY BRAVE and then she is going to borrow the comm box and she is going to help those pteranodons like it's nobody's loving business oh my god you have no idea

How will she help, you ask? Well! She can't exactly politely ask them to scooch, 'cos she doesn't speak Weird Storm Dinosaur, so she is going to do the next best thing!

Xelene starts shouting Muvian swears at them. Lots of--oh, wait, it's something resembling a song.

More specifically, it's one of her favourite songs by the beloved Muvian rapper "Lil Ereshkimgal, she who slithers upon a bridal-train of skulls to claim her birthright!" W-with a name like that, you'd think she was weird and scary and her songs were all about devouring her enemies and enslaving all boys and generally being a terrifying cold-blooded (LITERALLY ) conquerer, but lots of her songs actually have a positive message! And beats you can undulate to shake ya rear end to dance to, all leisurely and chaste! Just...not this song. This song sounds weird and angry and discordant and old, old like a bitter presence that lingers over some forgotten crypt best left unopened! Just with more autotune.

And Xelene is hoping it will make them angry at her or scared or confused enough to move out of the way of the crossfire! She's okay with them being angr--okay, she's not okay, 'cos she doesn't like to make people angry at her, but she can take one for the team! Just like Lil Ereshkimgal in that song where she talks about how she aint even care if these wizard bitches hate her if it's for the sake of her #2 side hoerophant Gugalana Mane!

Rolling +provoke to make the pteranodons so shocked and upset that it drives them out of the path of fire!
(3:48:26 AM) ningyou1: !r 4df+4
(3:48:27 AM) Krysmbot: ningyou1, -+-++4 = 4
(3:48:33 AM) ningyou1: oh thank god

Ningyou fucked around with this message at Mar 10, 2015 around 09:44

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4 Physical Stress: [ ][ ][ ][X]

As she floats just off the surface of the boat, there's a moment where Hotaru does feel a bit of terror. She's used to having guns pointed at her, that's one thing. Giant monsters is another. This thing was silent, an unknown threat that makes her flinch and momentarily lock like a prey animal, but-

She'll defend against the Nightgaunt with Will, and get a 3. Let's spend a Fate Point to invoke Magical Princess of the Apocalypse to boost that to a 5, because if there's one thing magical girls do, it's defeat monsters.

- nope. She frowns, pointing at the creature as her anger burns away her fear. "The burning fire from the void... cleanses this world of suffering!" Opening her hand, a white flame bursts forth, dancing madly. "Radiant Princess Hotaru is here to erase your existence!" The flame burns like a small sun, and-

Using Provoke to try and expose a weakness on the Nightguant. Well, that's an 8, which should most certainly do it. It's Vulnerable to Light!

- well, nightgaunts and light just don't go together, as it turns out.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2015 around 02:55

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010


Tzera
FP: 5 Physical Stress: XOOO

Defense: <Krysmbot> Ettin, /-+-+4 = 3

Tzera lights up when they reach the airship and makes sure her HUD is still recording. She's still grinning when the ship lurches and the Muvian is lifted into the air.

"Eh?"

bonk

Tzera did not take Hiromi's advice on seatbelts. She bounces back into the chair, slams her face into the dash, and drops under the console.

A moment later her arms reach up to grab the controls. The rest of Tzera hops back into her seat like nothing happened.

"It's cool! I got this! Yeah!" She twists the control wheel, and...

Navigating with Vehicles!

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +/+++3 = 6 And invoking On Fire to make it a success with style!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi

Hiromi clambers back to her feet and staggers over to the ladder. "I'm going to give that dumb thing a piece of my mind! Mediated through a coherent beam of highly energized photons."

She clambers back up, and braces her laser rifle on the edge of the turret, taking careful aim. A green dot appear on the nightgaunt. "Oh yeah! Hotaru, you should probably duck!"

ZZZOT!

The actual laser is invisible to human eyes, but the it sure makes a lot of noise as it instantly converts any raindrops it intersects with into steam. There's some scatter, sure, but that just reduces the range, and she's too close for that to matter.

"Ahahahahaha! Lasers are the best!"

Attacking the nightgaunt with my frikken' laser!
[00:21] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+4 = 2

Screw that, invoking Vulnerable to Light! Let me know if that requires an FP or if Hotaru put an invoke up for it.
[00:21] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+++4 = 7

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



Eye of the Storm
Preparations: Level III Pastel Plate (2), It Goes Ping!, The Song Inside the Storm (2)
Complications: Freak Tropical Storm, Rogue Magician, Flyer of Unknown Origin
Other Aspects: On Fire (2)
GM Points: 6 -> 5 (3)

A lot of things happen at once. The nightgaunt finds itself thrown off the ship by a terrible, eldritch voice, then a mix of ambient and focused light gives it pause. Hiromi's laser blast nearly clips the monster's wings, which pisses it off enough that it swoops down on her next for a barbed tail strike!

The pteranodons look very surprised when Mai's voice comes out the speakers, but now they appear very confused with the stream of freestyling and beatboxing that blares out next. They listen to Xelene's song for all of two seconds, then fly off in a huff before they get in the way of the cannon fire. Everyone's a critic.

All this happens even while Tzera jerks the wheel around and takes this flying bucket of bolts out of range from the other flying bucket of bolts. Cannons and rockets light the sky, which rock your gunship around a bit. It's a rough ride, but you make it out without anything on fire.

More than you can say for the other ship. A green muvian pirate (the modern kind, not the jolly roger kind) hops out of the enemy ship's hatch, fire extinguisher in tow. With the way he starts putting out the greenish flames off that flak cannon, it looks like he's done this a hundred times before. Geez. The enemy ship, still undaunted, decides that it can take you head on. Rockets flare from behind the ship, as it makes a beeline towards your position with alarming speed! With more guns primed to blast you up close!

__________

My April Fool's Joke is a post for each of my threads.

Looks like you all smashed through those goalposts, good job! The nightgaunt also takes a hit, which it absorb with 1 stress! And I'll take Hotaru's success with style as a boost gainer (which Hiromi just used up).

Okay, second verse, same as the first. The nightgaunt strikes Hiromi with Trix, +-+++5 = 7! I'm going to be a jerk and invoke Winged, Faceless Horror to make it a 9!


Challenge Threat - Nightgaunt posted:

Stress
XO

Challenge Phase 2 posted:

Expose a weakness on the nightgaunt [Good (+3)]
Keep the nightgaunt off the ship [Great (+4)]
Navigate the Happy Turtle gunship through enemy fire [Superb (+5)]
Protect the pteranodons from the crossfire [Great (+4)]

Avoid a gunship barrage at close range! [Great (+4)]
Take down the enemy gunship! [Epic (+7)]

Mitama fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2015 around 03:03

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

Hiromi ducks back into the armored turret as the nightgaunt counter attacks, the tail putting a new dent in it right where her head was. "Hey no fair surviving my super advanced death ray!" As it passes over, she clambers back up and opens fire again, on rapid this time.

Z-Z-ZOT!

Beams reach out for the creature as Hiromi eschews careful aim for saturation bombardment. "Eat laser stupid flying beastie!"

Defend! I'll invoke Level III Pastel Plate to make it a 10 and avoid a hit entirely.
[22:57] <Krysmphoenix> Gorbash, +/+++5 = 8

Blasting the nightgaunt again! Invoking Lady of War to make it a 7. W:4 laser death for you!
[22:58] <Krysmphoenix> Gorbash, -/+/+5 = 5

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4 | Physical Stress: [ ][ ][ ][X]

Hotaru squints, weaving away through the air with a hint of bright yellow sparkles, as the lasershots and the 'gaunt fly past. "Ugh, stop trying to killsteal, Hiromi! It's a magical girl's job to fight monsters!", she calls out, and then looks over at the incoming rockets. "I even gave my speech and everything! You- hold on-" She turns her attention to the incoming boat. "- we're having a discussion here!", she shouts, and raises her hands. Bright light flares as she machineguns pink and blue light across the waves, tearing through the rockets, some spiraling off to the water while others just detonate in midair.

"Don't interrupt."

Using Combat to try and take down the gunship barrage, and a 5 should do it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

Mai takes stock of the situation as laser fire rains all around.

The thing was the gently caress off her ship, and the crew had successfully failed to die so far. The one with sticky fingers and the less hyper of the magical girls seemed to be taking care of the immediate threats, but that damned gunship was still out there.

She considers her options as she hangs from a grab bar. As much as it might relieve stress to take potshots at the opposing vessel with the revolver nestled against to her ribs, it unlikely to be efficacious. The laser turret was occupied, and the walking arsenal was driving. Tempting as it was to just dump the nerd overboard onto the pirates, again, not likely to succeed.

Mai's eyes flash over to Xelene as she finishes screaming at the birds. It was time to employ some metahuman resources.

"Xelene," she says, in precisely calculated warm tones that emphatically don't mention that thing where the magical girl ate deck plate earlier. The secretary leans out and points to the gunship down below. "See that? Here's your chance to shine, kid. Waste 'em."

Rapport (3) to set up an advantage for Xelene's attack.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012



Amelia 3/4

Seeing how Hiromi's not actually using the lightning gun, Amelia rushes into the turret. "Stop hogging all the big guns, dammit. It's not like you have the hands to shoot all of them."

The big weapon feels clumsy in her hands, but she doesn't mind. It's not her job to actually shoot things down. She points the gun in the vague direction of the green flames and starts laying down suppressive lightning to keep the fire extinguisher busy.

Creating an advantage with Combat. Used a free invoke from On Fire to bump my Combat to +4 because I'm a dumb who forgot I should invoke afterwards.
= 18:26:27 < Siivola> !roll 4dF+4
= 18:26:28 < Krysmbot> Siivola, -+-/+4 = 3
= 18:26:39 < Siivola> Eh, I'll take it.

You've been... Thunderstruck!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010


Tzera
Sponsored By...: Khutulun Defense Systems: Cool Tech For Cool Ladies
FP: 5 Physical Stress: XOOO

Tzera lifts a hand from the control wheel and quickly taps away at some keys to pull up her personal combat software. Tzera gets a lot of it from Khutulun Defense Systems, a Chinese security software company. Her endorsement of the company is definitely due to their commitment to open-sourcing what they can and totally not because they also run an all-lady freelance security force who get sweet uniforms.

With the software's help, Tzera swings the ship into a safe position while painting a big AR target for Xelene.

"Lemme line it up.... okaygo!"

Using my Sponsored By... stunt to create the free advantage Khutulun Defense Systems: Cool Tech For Cool Ladies , then using Contacts to add free invokes:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +++-+3 = 5

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e


Xelene

Rolling Combat to shoot the gunship a lot with a 12gauge haphazardly duct taped to a hakurei wand.

(2:38:07 AM) ningyou: !r 4df+4
(2:38:08 AM) Krysmbot: ningyou, /--++4 = 3

Going to invoke the advantages Ettin and Grassy Gnoll created.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2015 around 07:22

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



No excuses. Let's wrap this scene up!

Eye of the Storm
GM Points: 5 (3)

Xelene lets loose at the gunship with a shotgun attached to an illegal Hakurei wand via duct tape. Only Lil Ereshkimgal knows how any of that really works out, it just does. A spray of technicolor pellets light the grey skies. And thanks to Amelia with the lightning gun, the gunship doesn't have much room to maneuver. The green Muvian putting out the fire eats a faceful of magic buckshot before the fire on the ship transforms into an inferno!

It spirals right towards some of the rockets that Hotaru deflects aside. And then towards a lumbering Nightgaunt that Hitomi happens to spray-blast towards their direction. The resulting collision of airship, lasers, magic, and nightgaunt turn the sky (if only for a few moments) into a miniature aurora borealis.

And promptly explodes.

There's nothing much left of either the gunship or the nightgaunt when the smoke clears. Just a fine mist of blood, smoke, and eldritch darkness that quickly dissipates in the midst of the tropical storm. Looks like you pretty much disintegrate the enemy, whoever they are. They didn't already have the black box, right? Yeah, hopefully not.

Assuming you guys will proceed to land and investigate the crashed airship, I will update the thread again tomorrow. Feel free to post a bit in the interim.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

Hiromi's eyes shine with the light of the explosion, which she watches with a huge grin. "That was amazing! An 8 out of 10! Little too small for a perfect score."

She checks the charge on her weapon, then loads a new battery pack. "So we're going to explore the creepy downed ship now right? Right? It's going to be great!"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

"Hmm," Mai says, looking at the debris cloud that used to be the gunship. She fails to say anything chastising to Xelene, then returns to hovering behind the pilot's chair.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4 | Physical Stress: [ ][ ][ ][ ]

"Yes! Combo bonus!", Hotaru calls out, and with a huff, floats down to land on the hull. She shoots Hiromi a look as if to indicate she isn't done being annoyed with her, but she's at least cheered up enough to not make a thing of it. But...

"Oh, right, explore the ship, that sounds exciting too, I guess.", she says with an uncommon lack of sincerity at she leans on the railing, deflating. "Well, maybe it's haunted or something? I guess it takes a while for things to get haunted, but..." Looking up, she adds, "... it's probably just going to be filled with gross dead people, isn't it?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



Eye of the Storm
GM Points: 5 (3)

As Tzera sets the gunship to a lower altitude, the crew gets a much better view of the wrecked airship.



You all easily confirm that a short battle just occurred right before you all came in. And those are definitely flaming Triad corpses over flaming, bullet-ridden Triad speedboats. The mobsters probably expected the pirates, but probably not a goddamn creature of the abyss. Maybe your employer was right to call on you.

The pirate airship may have blown up, but you can easily see what it was trying to do before it attacked you. At the aft/rear of the ship, you can see its huge, well-armored cargo bay door torn apart like a can opener with the help of military-grade plasma cutters. Already the ship’s collecting water because of the hasty hack job, and some of the supply crates – marked as foodstuffs, medicine, and guns – are already spilling out of the door. Some of them even have Muvian corpses dangling on them, yikes.

The pirates know what they're after, and it's apparently worth tearing up a trade ship and its cargo to get to it. Which... doesn't sound like a pirate thing to do, when you think about it.

"Sensors say you're all still alive." Silang's voice comes in on the radio again. Is it possible to smirk over the radio? "What's your status?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

"All present and accounted for, Miss Silang," Mai says into the mic. "We're on approach now. Something's torn up the ship to get to the interior, lots of flotsam. Whoever hit them knew what they were after.

"We're making ready to enter the ship," she says, casting a significant eye toward the rest of the crew. "Is there anything else we can do before we start off?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4 | Physical Stress: [ ][ ][ ][ ]

Folding her arms, Hotaru thinks. "Well, I can glow-" Though it's possible one might not want to be exposed to that glow for extended periods of time. "- so I guess I don't need a flashlight. I'm not sure you really need me now that the exploding's over, though..." There's a realization as she groans, rolling her eyes. "I guess if there's occult stuff you will need my expert advice.", she says, as if not thrilled to be an expert just right now.

Raising her gloved hands, she adds, "Anyway, I don't really play with toys, so I should be fine."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

"I play with toys! The best toys. The kind that make things explode~!"

Hiromi bounces from foot to foot in impatience, one of her X1-CADD robo-dogs sitting behind her, wagging its tail. She pulls the hood back on her raincoat, revealing an ear-to-ear grin.

"I'm ready to go!"

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e


Xelene

Xelene is just over the moon what with this whole TOTALLY IMPRESSING MAI AAAAAAAA not being scolded thing. So impressed, in fact, that she literally jumps for joy while still holding the shotgun and oh dear where did that dent in the ceiling come from it's just a coincidence that like it didn't actually go off r-right

It totally did, though. Awk~ward.

"L, let's go! Eheh..." She smiles this doofysheepish smile (jeez it's like she's testing some hypothesis about 'if i cute hard enough will the ringing in my ears go away') and nods at no one in particular.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010


Tzera
Sponsored By...: Khutulun Defense Systems: Cool Tech For Cool Ladies
FP: 5 Physical Stress: XOOO

"Hmmm," Tzera says. "So! They sure were in a hurry. The kind of hurry where you leave boxes of guns behind."

Tzera lights up, then hastily adds: "And medicine and other nice things. How much d'ya think we could load up before it sinks?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

Mai reevaluates her reevaluation of Xelene while she waits for the ringing in her ears starts to subside.

Somewhat belatedly, she cups a hand over the radio receiver. "Target first, profiteering later. Take us in."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



I realize I've never even provided a name for this ship. :| Just pretend this was painted outside the ship and mentioned in the intel.


Wednesday February 4 2133, 11:15PM CST, Chinese New Year's Eve
Location: Cargo Hold, Black Muvian Airship "Tsuchigumo"


The gunship fits through the cargo bay doors, if only barely. Your ship may be the size of a small tank, but the Tsuchigumo itself is a lot smaller than it looks on the outside. Thankfully, Tzera locates enough space to land the ship on amidst some broken crates of frozen dinosaur meat. Now that you're inside, you can see that the cargo hold now only contains supply and weapon crates, but also a row of small, but well-equipped NEG mecha on the far side. If the the Red Moon army knew about all the contraband in here, they would sink it first and ask questions later.

It looks like you're not alone on the hold! Three surviving pirates (a human and two green muvians) were prying open the floors and walls of the area until they heard your gunship arrive. As they flee for cover, the radio on your gunship crackles! It is intercepting an outgoing transmission from the Tsuchigumo's systems.

"...Yes, the mercenaries are boarding the ship. Those initiates bought me far less time than expected, it seems."

A pause. Is he talking to a superior on the other side?

"...It will not. We just have to accelerate the timetable." And the radio goes dark again.

The pirates soon find cover behind some crates of volatile ammunition. It doesn't look like they want to fight, though at least one of them eyes at the mecha rather eagerly.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

The mic to the loudspeakers is already in Mai's hand.

"Throw down your weapons and come out with your hands up, and we might consider taking you with us before this thing sinks."

She cranes her head back to look at Hiromi. "Do...whatever and find out what that radio traffic was about."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4 | Physical Stress: [ ][ ][ ][ ]

"Oooh, if they don't surrender, can I set them all on fire? Can I? Huh? Can I?", Hotaru asks eagerly and with enough deliberate volume to be overheard in the echoing chamber. "I promise I won't eat up all the oxygen!" Well, at least she's trying to be thoughtful about that sort of thing. "I can make them burn slowly!"

Looking to create the advantage If She's the Good Cop, I'm the Worst Cop with a result of 6, which others can freely use if they want. And if I create it, anyway.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2015 around 03:09

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

Hiromi pouts at Mai. "Well obviously they're trying to get into the black box!" She brightens after a moment. "Oh! But they're cultists! Or something like cultists! He called them initiates, right? Oh em gee! Cultists are great! No one complains when you blow them up and stuff."

While she's talking, Hiromi has been fiddling with controls on her smartphone. After a moment, her robodog dashes to another piece of cover a good distance from her. "Anyways I think I might be able to triangulate their position!"

Trying to discern their location with Systems.
[22:58] <Krysmbot> Snorebash, -+/-+4 = 3

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



I'll let you have that advantage for the purpose of keeping these guys in line.

Cargo Hold

Mai's boombox voice and Hotaru's normally-loud voice rattles the crates that the pirate/cultist people hide behind and force them to drop their crowbars and heavy tools! They sure get the message! As soon as they raise their hands to give up however, the cargo hold (and indeed, most of the airship) rumbles wildly for a few seconds and knocks the cultists prone. An explosion?

"I can detonate the rest of these explosives and sink the cargo hold." The mysterious voice crackles on the radio again. Sounds like he's on to you. "You have ten seconds to vacate this ship, mercenaries." Hiromi does some smartphone magic and can tell that the transmission is coming from the bridge of the ship.

"Uh, Lord Xun wouldn't blow us up yet, right?" One of the cultists mutters softly, as he gets up. "I was just about to open the-"

Another one smacks his head. "SHUT UP!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

Hiromi hums to herself while she works, picking an irritatingly sugary-sweet pop tune probably familiar to Mai. After a moment she looks up and, to the tune of the song, declares, "They're on the bridge~ And I can defuse explosives if you find them~"

Hiromi is a lot more interested in what the cultists are saying at the moment, though. She pokes her head around the crate she's using as cover and calls out, "Open what? Is it something cool? Oh, I bet it is! Maybe like, a sarcophagus or a d-drive containment shell! You find neat stuff inside those things."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4

Making a fingergun and aiming it roughly where the deck is, Hotaru says more softly to Hiromi, "If you point my finger to where he is, I can just take care of him." She squints a little as if she had x-ray vision, and though it's conceivable she might give them off, it turns out radiation doesn't work that way.

There's a saying about hammers and nails that probably applies pretty aptly to her mindset.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

Hiromi scoots behind Hotaru, puts her head on the other's shoulder, and holds her phone out where she can see it. Then she grabs Hotaru's elbow and moves it to the right aiming point. This involves a fair bit of squinting with one eye closed and tongue sticking out to the side. "Riiiiight aboouuuut - there."

Creating the aspect Aim Assist.
[12:47] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++/+4 = 6

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 4

"Hota-chan, you switched off your targeting computer! What's wrong?", Hotaru references loudly.

Biting her tongue for a moment, she says to herself. "Nothing, I'm all right."

Then a bright pulse of energy flows to her finger, and then lashes out. It's not like a straight beam, but more like a waggling, drunken thing that roughly spirals towards its target, slicing through bulkhead, deck, cargo, and everything in its way, leaving a white-hot light in its wake, substances boiling away into plasma and gas as it tears through them. The best thing about it, of course, is that it's pointed away from everybody present.

And yet, despite looking like a drunken bumblebee's flight path, it's right on target. Well, if a bumblebee was atomic-powered and eye-searingly pink.

Yeah, with Combat, thats 5 + an Addicted to Chaos roll of 6 + double invoke Aim Assist 4 = 15, with weapon: 4 at a cost. Costs a fate point. Because nobody blows up Hotaru's friends except her.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011



...You're going to smash whatever difficulty I had in mind anyway, so I'll take that Fate Point for you to sequence break this Nanoha-style. :P

Cargo Hold

"Four, three, two," The voice on the radio continues to tick down the clock. "One and a half, one and a fourth, one and an eighth... are they gone yet? Tell me that they've left, you fools."

Hotaru's energy blast cuts through the ship like a plasma knife through tissue.

"Hold on, what's that's noi-"

As the radio goes silent, everyone in the cargo hold can feel the bridge of the ship violently explode into scrap metal and d-drive fumes. Something must have sprung a leak too, since the water level inside the hold starts to rise. If you don't move fast, you won't be able to leave the ship the same way you came in.

One of the cultists, the one who told that other guy to shush, pulls out his earpiece, still ringing with the bloodcurdling screams of his former master. He then looks at the Happy Turtle Crew (particularly Hotaru), and throws his arms in surrender with the rest of his mates.

"As it turns out, I've never been a religious man! You want the black box? Take it!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

"See Hotaru? I told you blasting people with energy beams was the quickest way to make new friends~!" Hiromi skips over to examine the box, not paying any attention to now ex-cultists or the rising water level.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Hotaru
Fate Points: 3

Hotaru shakes her hand off in a show of sparks, and steps onto gunwale. "Are you sure you don't just wanna blow up? Are you sure?", she says, wrists on her hips with a wide grin, before looking down to the water. "... uh-oh." She looks towards the bridge. "I may have broke things!", she calls out loudly.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Mai [4/5]

"Yeah, well, maybe next life you'll listen, rear end in a top hat," Mai says. "Hiromi, grab it and get back in here! We're on a timetable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Moriyuki Hiromi
FP 4/5

"I got it!" Hiromi starts wading deeper into the hold. "So it's a black box, right? Why don't more people care about how their superweapons look? It's a matter of professional pride! They should be cute, or at least scary, or scarily cute is best. Hey, where did all this water come from?"

After a moment, she stops and looks around, confused. "Um, I don't see this box thing..."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2015 around 21:52

  • Locked thread
«2 »