Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

hi, im here

wheres macky

jk

I'm checking in but can't contribute much as I managed to trawl the scores of retards on OKC and found a nonretard to get into a stable relationship with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
"just...i dunno, take my wallet afterward. make it look convincing. nothing above the chest, ok?"

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
back when i was still single some tumblr fat girl messaged me for casual sex and I was like "oh totally" then she told me she had to make the first move and if i touched her before she decided to touch me I would be forced to leave. Then I saw that she shaved her head and I was like "lmao nah."

also I got hella messages from not totally ugly girls and got laid a lot before I settled down, you guys must be really boring and ugly ahahahaha

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i like 2 message slightly older muslim and hindu girls because if they arent married by then, there is definitelyyyyyyyyyy something wrong with them.

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

do girls message guys on these or is it all the other way around

Coming at it from the other side, as a not-totally-disgusting older guy I get a shitload of messages from fat old ladies. Once the prospects start to drop off they'll start messaging.

Like I've said before though, it's that 5% that make it worthwhile.

Plus younger women with older guy fixations. Gold, Jerry, gold.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

InFlames235 posted:

Slam whale, holy grail

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

also I got hella messages from not totally ugly girls and got laid a lot before I settled down, you guys must be really boring and ugly ahahahaha

i am boring, ugly AND mentally ill sir but i'm a wounded soul with a heart of gold who seeks a special bae to drag in to my own private hell

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its super easy to get girl from okcupid, just find a girl who smokes weed and say "hey wanna smoke some weed?"

if that doesn't work then you should just give up.

I get tons of messages from older couples asking me to gently caress their wives, its super gross and weird

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Fonzarelli posted:

its super easy to get girl from okcupid, just find a girl who smokes weed and say "hey wanna smoke some weed?"

I get tons of messages from older couples asking me to gently caress their wives, its super gross and weird

Why not gently caress their wives

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yung jew posted:

Why not gently caress their wives

I'm young and handsome I really don't need to do that in order to get laid. Also I'm afraid my mad steez would lead to the husband murdering me in jealousy

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Fonzarelli posted:

it also helps if you are into fat girls

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this broad thought she had a chance with me lol, she sent me a long message

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fonzarelli posted:

this broad thought she had a chance with me lol, she sent me a long message

Post the message fanzine

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

Post the message fanzine

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

deleted it because it was too depressing to exist, sorry guys

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Literal Carehaver posted:

i am boring, ugly AND mentally ill sir but i'm a wounded soul with a heart of gold who seeks a special bae to drag in to my own private hell

wow, same...,.... are you bi curiouis

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
wy does every retard who makes a thread like this think its going to be great without pics

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

EuronHasADragonHorn posted:

wy does every retard who makes a thread like this think its going to be great without pics

Not every thread has to be great, or aim for greatness.

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

I did try a little experiment recently for a couple of months - I went radically honest in my profile. Talked about enjoying video games, MST3K, SF, etc etc and just generally acknowledged a lot more of reality than is a good idea. Results were about what you'd expect. Messages from ugly grannies didn't drop off much, but the primo results went into a radical dive. To be fair, labeling yourself as a manchild is never going to be a selling point for a guy, but it's not offset by demonstrating that you're a competent adult as well.

Women can get away with that kind of thing. As a guy you have to generate a value proposition. Creating an image as a functional normal is more important than truth. They can learn about the real you as things go along. That being said, as a disclaimer I did start talking to one woman who would be a great match, and who is even attractive. It's just a drat shame that she lives thousands of miles away. YMMV.

edit - Switched the profile back to Really Normal Guy, Honestly about two hours ago. Already got favourited twice :toot:.

Bert Fegg fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 10, 2015

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Bert Fegg posted:

I did try a little experiment recently for a couple of months - I went radically honest in my profile. Talked about enjoying video games, MST3K, SF, etc etc and just generally acknowledged a lot more of reality than is a good idea. Results were about what you'd expect. Messages from ugly grannies didn't drop off much, but the primo results went into a radical dive. To be fair, labeling yourself as a manchild is never going to be a selling point for a guy, but it's not offset by demonstrating that you're a competent adult as well.

Women can get away with that kind of thing. As a guy you have to generate a value proposition. Creating an image as a functional normal is more important than truth. They can learn about the real you as things go along. That being said, as a disclaimer I did start talking to one woman who would be a great match, and who is even attractive. It's just a drat shame that she lives thousands of miles away. YMMV.

thanks for confirming what no one doubted

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I put I made $1,000,000 and met a smoking hot chick. hosed her. Then she told me I misrepresented myself on my profile.

Um no...seeing that 1/2 my profile was blatantly false and done for humor, you misrepresented yourself by gold digging.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
why don't you guys just message who okcupid says you're msot compatibale with; duh

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gaunab posted:

why don't you guys just message who okcupid says you're msot compatibale with; duh

Oh wow...96% match. My goodness, we have a ton in common. Our profiles are almost written for each other.

Sends polite message.
Next day she views your profile.
No response.

gently caress you whore.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

I put I made $1,000,000 and met a smoking hot chick. hosed her. Then she told me I misrepresented myself on my profile.

Um no...seeing that 1/2 my profile was blatantly false and done for humor, you misrepresented yourself by gold digging.
You're a rapist in like 1/3 of the world haha owned.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Hi I'm the chubby girl who doesn't fill out anything under body type and tries to only post head-shots.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Hi I'm the chubby girl who doesn't fill out anything under body type and tries to only post head-shots.

Body type: average

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

yung jew posted:

thanks for confirming what no one doubted

You tell me the stove is hot I guarantee I'm going to have burned fingers in a few minutes.

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh wow...96% match. My goodness, we have a ton in common. Our profiles are almost written for each other.
Sends polite message.
No response.
gently caress you whore.

They don't want good matches. They want that romance novel guy.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Bert Fegg posted:

You tell me the stove is hot I guarantee I'm going to have burned fingers in a few minutes.

They don't want good matches. They want that romance novel guy.

the stove is hot, post pics of fingers please

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Waltzing Along posted:

Interests: Movies, Music, Hiking

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Your OKCupid profile should assure viewers that you are not a serial killer. Unfortunately you can't just write "I assure you, I'm not a serial killer" as ironically, this sets off some red flags.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Arian_Samurai posted:

Your OKCupid profile should assure viewers that you are not a serial killer. Unfortunately you can't just write "I assure you, I'm not a serial killer" as ironically, this sets off some red flags.

Whenever someone says "serial killer" to me, I turn the tables. "You know, I had never even considered that, but the fact you brought it up has me worried. How do I know you aren't a killer, yourself?"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Sends polite message.
No response.

the okcupid experience

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

what about 'cereal killer'? because i love cereal, especially oats

you get some oats, little bit of honey, banana, milk, man, that's a refreshing unprocessed breakfast that really gets you where you're going. murder the gently caress out of some oats

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sometimes when i'm bored i message a random girl on the other side of the world and get her to send me her boobs

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

toggle posted:

the okcupid experience

p. much. best response rates are always in the 70% - 85% range for some reason. idgi.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

If one of your potential matches were overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?

[essay-length explanation for her "yes" answer]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

5-HT posted:

p. much. best response rates are always in the 70% - 85% range for some reason. idgi.

I have a friend who lives in NoPa in San Francisco. (IE: hipster spot #2) He overheard some girls talking about OKC. One of them said that she only responds to guys with a 99% match rate.

I've never even seen a 99% match.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Literal Carehaver posted:

"i must die i must die I MUST DIE!!!!!!!!"

same.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
"Special Blend" is actually just boring fat people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

all that matters is match% + new, or just new. everything else is bs.

• Locked thread