Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I watched a couple of battle reports of this on YouTube a while ago, and the game actually seemed a lot more static than I was expecting from the description in the op.

Gameplay seemed to be a combination of a rush for infantry to get to objectives, and everything else slowly moving around whittling away at the enemy. Once infantry was in place it was down to endless dice rolls turn after turn, with building combat being nowhere near as decisive as I expected, until someone gets the objective and bugs out.

I guess I was expecting more extractions and hot drops, and not just for infantry. Command cards didn't seem to have much impact either. Were these games outliers? What does a normal game play like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR ANOTHER SPACESHIP GAME drat YOU

<clutches copy of Star Wars Armada>

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Prefect Six posted:

Man, I loved the poo poo out of that ship, even if it was bad.

It made for a great little cheap blaster boat in small roaming gangs.

Loving the look of DFC so far. Really tempted by the 2-player starter.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I'm no naval buff but isn't it more that both games are referencing a common source?

BFG is significantly different to DFC, anyway. Much like epic and DZC.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Tanith posted:

Thanks.

Which ship is this one?

This is the sort of KS exclusive cheesecake model I'd like to seer more of. Hubba hubba.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

When is DFC likely to be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Incy posted:

There were heavy tanks with the lightning runes on too, in a previous post.

Might just be an Age of Sigmar fan.