Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mythadile posted:

I am about six months into my enlightenment that this game is bad and I am bad at it. Having said that my sens is suitably low enough I find myself needing a much more bigger mouse pad. Preferably something that doesn't move about and doesn't hold all the man oils indefinitely.

Recommendations?

Any of the big steelseries mats are good and are reasonably priced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Footer image for the first page

This explains a lot.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Deathadder is just too sweet. I use 400 dpi at 2.6 sens. I'm pretty bad but I have my moments and a sweet skin collection.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This explains a lot.

Get a better phone and you just might be able to go even further back!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's an S5, maybe it's just awful.

Still a giant stupid huge OP.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, definitely your S5. CSGO requires stupid huge OPs because it's a stupid game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Get a better phone and you just might be able to load the next page!

:xd:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

It's an S5, maybe it's just awful.

Still a giant stupid huge OP.

:thumbsup:

csgo is a giant stupid huge game, sorry

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's a fun enjoyable game.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'm rockin a Radeon 4800 HD and a just as old processor. Will this run at a decent FPS if everything graphically is turned off?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Akumos posted:

I run 3.6 sens and 1600 DPI, somehow I still do okay. I'm just too used to higher speeds.
How the gently caress do you aim accurately?

I played TF2 at 8 sens with 2000 DPI, and I've dropped significantly. It just takes time.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Any other terrible Nova levels ever try and buy the Autosniper as a common pickup? I tried it as a joke the other day while down 2-12 on Mirage (on T side second half) and won the game after 11 straight rounds of instant Auto picks on A/mid. People go loving haywire after a couple of rounds losing to an Auto when it isn't buy-out round.

How long can this poo poo last? I've been buying Autos with every 5000 I get and gone from Nova 1 to Nova 4. People seem to lose their minds and play like garbage after one or two auto picks.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Awesome Welles posted:

Stopped caring the moment I got the gold coin

You fool, my last drop was a purple!

was still not remotely worth it

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I got a 30 euro awp from the stupid boxes, so that's a win. Its a man o war. Its a blue awp with some yellow design on it. Going to turn it into a game because I don't play with an awp

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

I got a 30 euro awp from the stupid boxes, so that's a win. Its a man o war. Its a blue awp with some yellow design on it. Going to turn it into a game because I don't play with an awp
Trade for you a copy of Bioshock Infinite.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hello internet posted:

The best part is when he falls back into site, does a loop around the fountain and then pushes again.

That's my favorite part too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

It's a fun enjoyable game.

its great

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress yeah. I usually just run around with the nova shotgun.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

FalloutGod posted:

I'm rockin a Radeon 4800 HD and a just as old processor. Will this run at a decent FPS if everything graphically is turned off?

Athlon II X4 635 and Radeon HD4800 here and I get decent FPS on a 1920x1080 fullscreen windowed screen. I have some of the effects turned up a bit (shadows is the most important) but most of the settings are set to low on serious players' settings because reasons.

Loutre posted:

Any other terrible Nova levels ever try and buy the Autosniper as a common pickup? I tried it as a joke the other day while down 2-12 on Mirage (on T side second half) and won the game after 11 straight rounds of instant Auto picks on A/mid. People go loving haywire after a couple of rounds losing to an Auto when it isn't buy-out round.

How long can this poo poo last? I've been buying Autos with every 5000 I get and gone from Nova 1 to Nova 4. People seem to lose their minds and play like garbage after one or two auto picks.

People at lower skill levels get pissed off at snipers in general. They can't aim well enough to return fire and they don't know how to throw a smoke. Sooner or later you'll find people who know how to effectively grenade or just go around but you may as well ride that wave of morale and composure-busting rage as long as you can.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 10, 2015

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

Loutre posted:

generally awp beats auto but auto is good for certain things like B on inferno or mid on cache or mid on dust 2 or outside on nuke

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just got enough wins to unlock overwatch the other day and I've watched several cases. Are the overwatch demos still 16 tick or 64 tick? Quick googling of the subject says they are 64 tick now but it felt like some demos were noticeably smoother than others. Dudes getting kills with crosshair nowhere near the target, but I could conceivably chalk it up to the demo just being poo poo. Wasn't sure what to make of it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
*sneers at ur k/d*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress yeah. I usually just run around with the nova shotgun.

this might be controversial around here but i personally enjoy using the ak-47 and m4a4 rifles

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

this might be controversial around here but i personally enjoy using the ak-47 and m4a4 rifles

I want to use the Taser thing but I never get the chance

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My laptop from 2011 can't run this game, so it's bad.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I want to use the Taser thing but I never get the chance

play nuke and immediately rush hut with it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

play nuke and immediately rush hut with it

:psyboom:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the wildest rear end posted:

My laptop from 2011 can't run this game, so it's bad.

ive never owned a laptop

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ive never owned a laptop

I wouldn't recommend it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How did I never think of that

This is the kind of advice I come here for thank you friend

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

How did I never think of that

This is the kind of advice I come here for thank you friend

:tipshat:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Now maybe I can taze someone and Arf won't yell at me next time I plaay

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tazing people is great because their ragdoll twitches

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't wait to see this is it as awesome as the one in Syphon Filter where they twitched and then caught on fire

Geb
Mar 22, 2007

A Crystal Sword?! I'm all about swords! How did you know?!
While this thread is new could somebody post that crosshair we were all spergin' over about halfway through the last thread?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nah it's the lil 'ah!' noise that they make.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I can't wait to see this is it as awesome as the one in Syphon Filter where they twitched and then caught on fire

i freakin wish

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Necc0 posted:

thats also good

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
saw this live, was kinda dumb to watch but really makes me want to open cases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHXjfGnQJ-I
hint: don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
That guy is a loon.