Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is Alex Riley fired yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jerusalem posted:

That match was so loving good, Cena using the ring rope to choke out Umaga just to keep him down for a 10 count made them both look great. It was excellent.

this is legitimately one of my favorite matches of all time. it's also proof that John Cena's selling is mandated by the booking and he's really loving great at it if that's what the match is allowed to be booked like. it does make me wish there was some more blood nowadays, because Cena is a great bleeder and it added so much to the story. I love this match a whole bunch

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Maybe he has the necessary clout to streamline some of the red tape regarding title defenses.

Lousy paperwork! :argh:

Come on Brain, you know the champion doesn't just get to put the belt on the line. The Championship Committee makes those decisions.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

*to the tune of the John Cena song*

John Cena's good
John Cena's good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Semprini posted:

Come on Brain, you know the champion doesn't just get to put the belt on the line. The Championship Committee makes those decisions.

Those ham-&-eggers?!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Is Alex Riley fired yet?

Steen's gotta kill him first

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Semprini posted:

Except for Wade Barrett, who can just say "Nope!" to a challenger.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Zahra is backstage at Raw with the newer NXT students:

MAJOR ANGLE ALERT

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rovert posted:

MAJOR ANGLE ALERT

Nah, she'll be a Rosebud.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dawkins got a serious case of hoverhands there.

BGrifter posted:

Immigrate to Canada and turn heel making it the Canadian championship. He can cut promos about how America is poo poo, pretty much Detroit from coast to coast, and talk about the superiority of poutine.

Except poutine is awesome and I have no idea why it's not everywhere in the US. It's got everything Americans like: fries, cheese, gravy, and sometimes meat. If you stuck American flags in it and called it a Patriot Bowl people would go nuts for it.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

rovert posted:

MAJOR ANGLE ALERT

Who's that up-and-comer looking to challenge Orton's no pants title?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

sticklefifer posted:

Except poutine is awesome and I have no idea why it's not everywhere in the US. It's got everything Americans like: fries, cheese, gravy, and sometimes meat. If you stuck American flags in it and called it a Patriot Bowl people would go nuts for it.

That was always the best part about Canadian heels like Bret Hart or Lance Storm, the things they were saying were true.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
We have poutine in America. It's called Disco Fries, which is a 10,000x better name.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Authorman posted:

What they should've done with the US Title is have Rusev mod it into a Russian Federation Title for cheap heel heat. Then have whoever takes it off him mod it into whatever personalized belt fits them, like Sheamus having an irish flag belt. Belts are always huge merch and every douchebag in Boston would want a dumb irish belt. Then in six months or so have a Brit/Canadian/Mexican take it and mod it themselves for their own flag. When this gimmick runs out of steam then have Cena or Swagger take it and reset it back to the useless US Title, for America, jack.

There I just made the US Title mean something to someone.

They really shouldn't have because those gimmicks always come off as comedy and Rusev is meant to be a serious top level player. They've screwed up here and there with Rusev but they've done about as well as they could.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

We have poutine in America. It's called Disco Fries, which is a 10,000x better name.

Disco fries are totally different. :colbert:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Yeah melted cheese isn't the same as curds. Disco fries are much better drunk food IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Authorman posted:

What they should've done with the US Title is have Rusev mod it into a Russian Federation Title for cheap heel heat. Then have whoever takes it off him mod it into whatever personalized belt fits them, like Sheamus having an irish flag belt. Belts are always huge merch and every douchebag in Boston would want a dumb irish belt. Then in six months or so have a Brit/Canadian/Mexican take it and mod it themselves for their own flag. When this gimmick runs out of steam then have Cena or Swagger take it and reset it back to the useless US Title, for America, jack.

There I just made the US Title mean something to someone.

I like your idea but for the Intercontinental Championship. Don't have to change the main plate, but you could swap in the flag of the person who currently owns the title on the side plates (similar to how the side plates on the WWE Championship changes). The company has so many international guys now that it'd be a fun twist to the championship. That belt becomes the target of the non-US midcarders and the US title is the target of the American midcarders. That way when someone like Rusev comes in and wins the US Championship, it's a big deal.

Imagine Neville, Zayn, Barrett, Cesaro, Kidd, and Sheamus all giving a poo poo about the belt and having great matches over it. Adds a cool element where you can have a guy like Kidd challenge for the belt at a show in Canada and get some great crowd reactions.

• Locked thread