Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

It would be cool to know if this game was actually worth it. But the last few pages of the last thread and this first page is just a bunch of thread shitters.

I have 2 other friends I play with regularly and we are all considering getting into Evolve. How is the online party system? Are you all stuck as hunters the entire time?

It's pretty great, except in order to stop teams from just letting you wail on the monster for points, they made it so if you do match making, no-one in your party can be a monster. IF you have 5 friends, you can create a custom match, there's also a game mode called evacuation that rotates the monster out with people randomly in the group (Your stack doesn't effect that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Remember how the game wouldn't let you have a group of 5 friends play and forced you to use a random for the monster?

They fixed that in the beta

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember these two funny words next to each other?

"Competitive Evolve"

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like the concept of hunting and killing a monster that levels up and gets harder to beat, and the monsters look rad. I'd probably pick it up on sale and never ever get the DLC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did you guys know that in the Evolve & Battlefield Hardline threads you aren't allowed to post unless you are fellating the game

strange, but true

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VarXX posted:

They fixed that in the beta

By forcing you into private matches to preserve some imaginative competitive play?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Popete posted:

It would be cool to know if this game was actually worth it. But the last few pages of the last thread and this first page is just a bunch of thread shitters.

I have 2 other friends I play with regularly and we are all considering getting into Evolve. How is the online party system? Are you all stuck as hunters the entire time?

heres a cool piece of advice

dont give a poo poo

some people hate a game and think it is gay
some people like a game and think it is not gay

the world will continue to go on

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Black Baby Goku posted:

Remember these two funny words next to each other?

"Competitive Evolve"

"competitive videogames" is even funnier

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We really wanted to like it since any game failing is bad for gaming.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

By forcing you into private matches to preserve some imaginative competitive play?

Ummm yeah, there's 5 of you so you would all be playing together in a private match why would it matchmake you if all 5 were there

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

heres a cool piece of advice

dont give a poo poo

some people hate a game and think it is gay
some people like a game and think it is not gay

the world will continue to go on

How about gay AND they like it?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jose Mengelez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
Paid $40 for the game, and I don't regret it.

Then again I have a job so if that price is too high to risk then no I wouldn't buy it because it's too soon to know if this will be a success or failure.

In regards to the poo poo posters?

Hell I don't even know, just let idiots be idiots.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VarXX posted:

Ummm yeah, there's 5 of you so you would all be playing together in a private match why would it matchmake you if all 5 were there

They could just leave it open like other new games using this unprecedented method not developed by the same people like l4d2 in case someone drops out so someone else can drop in.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose Mengelez posted:

E sports is a real thing actually, with millions of people following it. It's insanely popular and only getting more so. Evolve will never be on the level of a game like dota 2 or quake 3 or any truly competitive game, like street fighter or anything else. This game is AIDSY and it will be forgotten quickly. It's the worst game I played in a longggg time

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

They could just leave it open like other new games using this unprecedented method not developed by the same people like l4d2 in case someone drops out so someone else can drop in.

It already does that though, and it's exactly like left 4 dead. A bot takes over until someone rejoins or another player still in game takes over the bot. They're custom matches and you can make all sorts of changes as well and pick different mutators. Even in the regular match making if someone leaves someone can join and take their place. It's been that way since the beta.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Paid $40 for the game, and I don't regret it.

Then again I have a job so if that price is too high to risk then no I wouldn't buy it because it's too soon to know if this will be a success or failure.

In regards to the poo poo posters?

Hell I don't even know, just let idiots be idiots.

the "willfully ignoring the value of money and time" defense

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im surprised we haven't seen a "you dont even like the game why are you posting here" post

as if that was relevant to posting in a thread about video games

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

this is a video games topic in a games subforum on a "comedy" message board

OK, then start being funny.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

We all can't have a job (look at me for example)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I genuinely hope the game gets better and drops its price.

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Lmao I blow $40 on a Saturday night. It's pocket change.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

OK, then start being funny.

jesus dude

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good looking almost homeless gamer with a kid on the way to some slope from Texas seeking fun co op game, that doesn't cost 60 bucks

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Eonwe posted:

did you guys know that in the Evolve & Battlefield Hardline threads you aren't allowed to post unless you are fellating the game

strange, but true

You forgot to list Starbound in there, too.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirDrinksAlot posted:

qnqnx posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I genuinely hope the game gets better and drops its price.

Evolve

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SirDrinksAlot posted:

YOSPOS and then the word "bitch" but misspelled

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Eonwe posted:

im surprised we haven't seen a "you dont even like the game why are you posting here" post

It's coming right after someone goes :smug: and explains what sunk cost fallacy is.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you fuckers just jealous cuz you cant pay $60 for half a game

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

Sick burn bro

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I blow 40 dollars in one night bitches

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why can't you just just admit you bought a bad game

i buy AND enjoy bad games all the time

h1z1 is a loving terrible game and I still have fun with it, but when you go into the h1z1 thread you don't see a bunch of people desperately trying to justify their purchase

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

What are one night bitches

Eonwe posted:

why can't you just just admit you bought a bad game

i buy AND enjoy bad games all the time

h1z1 is a loving terrible game and I still have fun with it, but when you go into the h1z1 thread you don't see a bunch of people desperately trying to justify their purchase

I haven't bought it yet but if the game is literally a thread of whiny people desperately trying to make people not spend money on a video game then ok I will pass thank you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love the monster variety, like the big one, and the fast one, and the one thats not as big or fast as the others but can fly.

cant wait for them to release the even bigger monster, that'll really change things up a bit.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Sick burn bro

you literally cried while typing this hahaha

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

What are one night bitches

I haven't bought it yet but if the game is literally a thread of whiny people desperately trying to make people not spend money on a video game then ok I will pass thank you

SirDrinksAlot posted:

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

I have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter :argh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lblitzer posted:

i hope we can manage to survive without you, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Remember how the game wouldn't let you have a group of 5 friends play and forced you to use a random for the monster?

That's loving stupid.

• Locked thread