Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what weapon
Great Sword
Long Sword
Sword & Shield
Dual Blades
Hammer
Switch Axe
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Charge Blade
Lance
Gunlance
Bowgun
Gunbow
joke option ahah a piece of poo or a man's penis
View Results

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh if I had a hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'd hammer in the morning. I'd hammer in the evening.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't want to play this poo poo.. I want to play Phantasy Star Online again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jawtramp posted:

I don't want to play this poo poo.. I want to play Phantasy Star Online again.

PSO is 1/2 the reason I own a dreamcast.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*goes to play Monster Hunter 3U on Valentine's Day, finds that the lobbies are nearly empty*
"Huh, everyone must be playing 4... guess this game's dead."

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I've never played a Monster Hunter before so I'm excited to jump in this weekend

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

whoops i didn't see this thread, sorry about it. i just ordered this game this morning :D

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

hunting horn, BTW

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Doctor Goat posted:

Who in the hell favors SnS.

This was back when I got the first monster Hunter game for the PSP. By the time Freedom Unite came out I had ditched the SNS.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The hammer is very satisfying to use, cave faces in and knock monsters silly all day!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

*goes to play Monster Hunter 3U on Valentine's Day, finds that the lobbies are nearly empty*

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was planning on buying a new3ds on Friday but it looks like GameStop is already out of stock...mother fucker!!!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i hope i can get one from amazon, i haven't really looked into it though. i've never bought a nintendo console from amazon before so i have no idea what their stocking behavior is like.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I was planning on buying a new3ds on Friday but it looks like GameStop is already out of stock...mother fucker!!!

Go to bestbuy or walmart

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i hope i can get one from amazon, i haven't really looked into it though. i've never bought a nintendo console from amazon before so i have no idea what their stocking behavior is like.

a $580 copy of the majora's mask special edition is waiting just for you!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=new+3ds+XL

ebay probably has some if you can't find any around your area

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
I've never played monster hunter before, what do I do?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Dean of Swing posted:

murder and amputate nature's majestic beasts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

all mh players look like sad frog

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Dean of Swing posted:

Find majestic creatures, and find out how their various parts would look as weapons and clothes. There are so, so many weapons and clothes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dean of Swing posted:

kill the same monster 99999 times because it still hasnt dropped the last thing u need to complete your set

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

kill the same monster 99999 times because it still hasnt dropped the last thing u need to complete your set

lagiacrus's loving horn i swear to Nintendo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This isn't going to be a problem because IIRC they have an upgraded form of trading.

it took me a two dozen kills to get the full set of weapons and armor for Alatreon in mH3U.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

lagiacrus's loving horn i swear to Nintendo

You have to break his head to get it. It won't drop unless you crush his head, the hammer works best for this and sword bros attack his rear end for tail carves and claw breakage.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

You have to break his head to get it.

i had this issue where i really, really hated fighting him but wanted his armor super bad. it was a difficult time in my life.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

i had this issue where i really, really hated fighting him but wanted his armor super bad. it was a difficult time in my life.

He's not that hard to fight. Bring him up on land and if you have a lance you can guard against any bullshit attacks especially if you have drinks

now the Silvercrown DLC fight White Lagi, now that is a bullshit fight. I love that Lightning Gunlance I got from it after downing him 5 times and I am sad that I can't just transfer my 3U poo poo to 4U.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 11, 2015

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

whoever decided that trying to shoot a bowgun while empty is "look at your weapon like a retard with cerebral palsy" instead of "reload like every single other game" needs to get dismembered and eaten by a wild pack of raptors

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So it looks like Monster have reduced HP compared to 3u.

people timed the fights, they can't be absolutely sure(since the 3ds can't really be hacked yet to run debug options and displays) but it looks like they have 1/3rd less HP. This is single fights no multiples.

Because multiples always have reduced HP.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

So it looks like Monster have reduced HP compared to 3u.

people timed the fights, they can't be absolutely sure(since the 3ds can't really be hacked yet to run debug options and displays) but it looks like they have 1/3rd less HP. This is single fights no multiples.

Because multiples always have reduced HP.

please shut the gently caress up

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fungah! posted:

please shut the gently caress up

Make me bitch, I'll send you flying with X Up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

qnqnx posted:

whoever decided that trying to shoot a bowgun while empty is "look at your weapon like a retard with cerebral palsy" instead of "reload like every single other game" needs to get dismembered and eaten by a wild pack of raptors

i seem to remember other animations of trying stupid stuff taking forever

eating items takes forever because being able to munch down on potions every 2 seconds would be real bad for balance, but it would be nice if you could eat multiple at once like the estus flask from dark souls

The Taint Reaper posted:

Make me bitch, I'll send you flying with X Up

i saved my friends from a tigrex charge one time by catching both of them with the huge GS uppercut

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really love the GS' bounce animation because if it happens you can just hammer madly with it and do like 1/4 damage per swing but they come out fast and infinitely loop

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i really love the GS' bounce animation because if it happens you can just hammer madly with it and do like 1/4 damage per swing but they come out fast and infinitely loop

the mario invincibility themesong

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
http://gifsound.com/?gifv=KPojAAS&v=B7bS3LF7Wps

Dec 26, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Apparently you can "save" a set of pouch items and replenish them all from the box in one shot

that owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Apparently you can "save" a set of pouch items and replenish them all from the box in one shot

:worship:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

hwell yeaj

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Adbot