Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

It had all started so well..
We join our crew as they hunker down behind an overturned buffet table as yet another pulse rifle blast smashes against its scorched top. Laying against it, laughing like a fool as he wields a still smoking bolt pistol in one hand while the other keeps his guts in place, is Lord Honoré de Balzac, and about him lay numerous finger foods and foppish snacks. "Showed that blue buggering buffon what for! Ha, that was a good line, isn't that right, Jasper?" He coughs wetly and grins, his teeth turned pink by his own blood, and the man struggles to get back to his feet. "Let me have another shot at them, bloody xenos will pay for ruining my good blouse!"

Fifteen minutes prior

Lord Honoré de Balzac, diplomat extraordinaire

It was a simple enough mission. The Tau had found some sort of artefact that they knew would be of some value to the Imperium, and so had sent out feelers to find someone, ANYONE who was keen to haggle with them. And their messages had reached one Lord de Balzac, a man with centuries of Imperial diplomacy behind him, and he in turn had reached out to a Lord Crassian, the very man that hired out his old ship to a new crew to run missions for him.

And so it was after picking up the good Lord at his manor that the officers of The Fist of Terra took to the planet Ominous, a paradise planet and resort that had fallen under the governance of the Tau empire. There, the Lord and his hired crew met with the Tau commander L'Oreal to discuss matters of negotiation and diplomacy over dinner, and what a feast it had been. The food smelled wonderful, and the Tau had prepared delicacies of the Eldar (but not as well as the Eldar, as any Eldar would claim) and the orks (which mostly accounted for 'lots of red meat'), and had selected fine wines and spirits to be shared.

Commander L'Oreal was pleasant, friendly, and very accepting; in trade for the relic he had found, he simply asked for provisions and supplies for the former Imperial residents of the planet. The Lord, in response, ate heartily, nodding and smiling. On the flight over, he had not shut his yap about the glory and the honor of recovering a prize for the Imperium, and now, he was full of himself in most every way.

But matters took a turn for the worst, and in usual idiot noble fashion, the Lord had lost his temper over being served the wrong wine with his meal. He had grown angry and obstinate, ignoring the Commander's pleas and apologies and even ignoring his own crew. When the Commander had followed him to the buffet table, offering him profound apologies. He had turned to the Commander, giving him a dar smile. "I do not negotiate with tau-orists." Then and there, the Lord drew his bolt pistol and shot him square between the eyes, and it was at that exact moment survival instincts kicked in for the crew as they barrelled across the room for the Lord.

The Commander's honor guard had reacted quickly, and a single pulse rifle shot had struck the Lord in the gut, sending him tumbling over the table, wherein he grabbed the sheet and dragged half of the food down with him. Moments later, the crew had joined him, diving or circling around the table before flipping it to grant a moment of cover.

Back in the present.
With Lord de Balzac struggling to his feet and the Tau slowly advancing their fire, there doesn't feel like much time to act. As the Lord pales, Jasper and the others realize that their paycheck rides squarely on this noble specimen of Imperial nobility surviving.

Wonderful.

Welcome to RT! The tau are already shooting you, react how you please! Particularly to the stuff leading up to the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

D'Jasper Probincrux III

"Mmyes. You've managed to put us in a quite a pickle now, my dear Honore. Jasper remarks casually while readying his trusty boltgun, trying to figure out what direction to aim it at.

Single Shotting Balzac with the Boltgun BS 44 + Half-Aim 10 + 30 for point-blank = 84, Spending fate if Miss

Mentioned to Dyne in IRC that I feel the quickest way we'd survive this is by shooting Balzac in the face and then offering the Tau his corpse and anything of his property they demand in reparation. We'll be happy to receive the bauble and not getting shot. Opinions?

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel			
41	44	44	40	42	39	43	34	64	
Wounds: 11/11        Fate: 4/4

Combat related skills: Dodge +20
BQ Stormtrooper Carapace : All 7

Name			Type	Range	Fire	Damage		Armor Pen  	Ammo	Reload	Special
CQ Las Gauntlets	Pistol	50m	S/4/–	1d10+4E		1		20	Full	Reliable 	
BQ Solo-Boltgun		Basic	100m	S/–/–	1d10+5X		4		8	Full	Accurate, Tearing,Reliable 	

Decadence, 						+10 bonus to resist the effects of addiction.
Leap up, 						Stand Up as Free action
Quick Draw, 						Draw weapon as Free action
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ballistic),			May attack with both weapons if same type, -20 BS/WS
	+Gunslinger,					Reduced to -10
	+Ambidextrous, 					Reduced to 0	

pre:
WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel			
41 44 44 40 42 39 43 34 64			

Career: Rogue Trader
Origin Path: 
Noble Born
Fringe Survivor (Survivalist) 
Chosen by Destiny (Fated for Greatness)
High Vendetta
Prestige
Long And Glorious History (Prominent Ancestry)

Movement: 4/8/12/24			
Wounds: 11			
Corruption Points:0			
Insanity Points: 9			
Fate Points: 4	

Skills:
Barter, 
Blather, 
Carouse, 
Charm +30, 
Command +10, 
Commerce +10, 
Common Lore (Imperium), 
Deceive, 
Dodge +20, 
Evaluate, 
Inquiry, 
Intimidate, 
Literacy, 
Performer (Storyteller), 
Scholastic Lore (Archaic, Astromancy), 
Scrutiny, 
Search, 
Sleight of Hand, 
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic), 
Survival			

Talents: 
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal),
Melee Weapon Training (Universal, Primitive), 
Die Hard, 
Air of Authority, 
Peer (Nobility, Military), 
Ambidextrous, 
Renowned warrant, 
Leap up, 
Quick Draw, 
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee), 
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic), 
Decadence, Gunslinger, 
Counter Attack, 
Crushing Blow, 
Sprint, 
Swift Attack, 
Blademaster, 
Lightning Attack, 
Sure strike		

Traits: 
Etiquette, 
Vendetta, 
Brook no insult, 
Exceptional Leader	

Armour: 			
Weapons: 

Gear: 
good-Craftsmanship hand cannon
common-Craftsmanship power sword. 
Micro-bead, 
void suit, 
set of fine clothing, 
xeno-pelt cloak, 
best-Craftsmanship enforcer light carapace

ACQS:

Weapons:
CQ Las Gauntlets Pistol	 50m 	 S/4/– 1d10+4E 	1 	20 Full Reliable 				3 kg Very Rare
BQ Solo-Boltgun Basic  	100m	 S/–/– 1d10+5X 	4 	8  Full Accurate, Tearing,Reliable 		7 kg Very Rare

Armour:
BQ Storm Trooper Carapace All7 										8 kg Very Rare

Sormus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 11, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Exlorator M4X1MU5

"Ah. The shooting. I was wondering when we would reach this stage. Max does a quick scan of the advancing Xenos. "Shoot the one in the white helmet. He is their squad leader." Two independent weapon systems track the target in question while he hauls the noblemen down to a triage position, unpleasantly gleaming medical tools at the ready. "Take care not to harm my artifact. I want to know what was so important."

Medicae on our meal ticket, at TN 120.

Hellgun and Archeotech laspistol firing at my BS, preferably at a Tau I can recognize as important with FL Xenos. Laspistol uses up my reaction.

pre:
Combat Block:
WS  BS  STR TGH AGI INT PER WIL FEL 
36  54  45  67  32  70  36  36  29

BC Plasma Gun           90m S/2/– 1d10+7 E 6 40 5 Full Overheat
	(maximal)          100m S/2/- 2d10+7 E 8 40 5 Full Overheat, Recharge
GC Hellgun             110m S/3/– 1d10+4 E 7 30 2 Full
	(Shoulder Mount)
BC Archeotech Laspistol 90m S/3/– 1d10+3 E 2 70 1 Full Accurate, Reliable
	(in mechadendrite)

AP 12 Head, 13 Other

FP:3/3
Movement: 3/6/9/12
Wounds: 15
Init: 1d10 + 3
Dodge: +10

Name: M4X1MU5
Race: Human
Career: Explorator
Origin Path (450/500):
 Forge World
 Savant
 Archeotechnologist (250)
 Dark Voyage - FL Xenos
 Wealth
 Lineage: Proven to be Pure (200)

Insanity: 2
Corruption: 0
Wounds: 11 +4
Fate: 3

Characteristics:
 WS:  25 + 14 -5 +0 = 36 
 BS:  25 + 14 +0 +0 = 39 + 15 = 54
 STR: 25 + 10 +0 +0 = 35 + 10 = 45
 TGH: 25 + 17 +0 -3 = 42 + 25 = 67 
 AGI: 25 + 12 +0 +0 = 37 - 5  = 32
 INT: 25 + 19 +8 +3 = 55 + 15 = 70
 PER: 25 + 11 +0 +0 = 36  
 WIL: 25 + 11 +0 +0 = 36  
 FEL: 25 + 9  +0 +0 = 34 - 5  = 29

Skills:
 Awareness +10
 Chem-use
 Common Lore (Tech, Machine Cult) (Int) +10 
 Dodge +10
 Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus) +20 (Int)
 Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
 Literacy (Int)
 Logic (Int) +10
 Medicae +20
 Tech-Use (Int) +30
 Trade (Technomat, Armourer, Explorator) (Int)
 Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) (Int)
 Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua) (Int)

Talents:
 Technical Knock
 Peer (Academic)
 Resistance (Psychic Powers)
 Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
 Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
 Logis Implant
 The Flesh is Weak 2
 Autosanguine
 Talented (Tech-use, listed above)
 Binary Chatter 
 Electro Graft Use
 Machinator Array
 Mechadendrite Use (Weapon)
 Mechadendrite Use (Utility) 

Traits:
 Stranger to the Cult
 Mechanicus Implants
 Unnatural Intelligence (X2)
 Machine 2

Gear:
 1 Heirloom Item d100= 11, Best Archeotech Laspistol
 good-Craftsmanship hellgun
 good-craftsmanship power axe
 Enforcer light carapace
 multikey
 void suit
 injector
 sacred unguents
 micro-bead
 combi-tool
 dataslate
 Servo-Skull Familiar

Acquisitions:
 Good Cortex Implant (vrare -20, single +30, good -10 = 0)
 Best Power Armor (vrare -20, single +30, best -30 = -20)
 Best Mezoa Plasma Gun (vrare -20, single +30, best -30 = -20)
Positive acquisitions:
 Common MIU
 MIU Weapon Uplink
 Cranial Armor
 Subdermal Armor
 Ballistic Mechadendrite
 Medicae Mechadendrite
 Auspex (Insert line from the hit thriller "Xenos")
 Diagnostor
 Medikit 

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Murdah Wrathbeard
Da Kaptin of Industry

"So'z what ur sayin is, each of yaz has a job dat needs doin, an ya do it?"

The massive creature rubbed its metal gob, the metal nice and shiney for the meeting. A few of the grey-skins had worked up the courage to come talk to him and so he obliged their... pitiful conversation, it had to be said. He didn't know what he was expecting. He was an Ork apart, a boy that did far too much thinking for his own good. Despite all that he found the Tau incredibly dull. They spent lots of time talking and thinking too, but about all the wrong things. Still, their greater good intrigued him. For every duty that needed to be done, a Tau stepped in to fill the need. And they did it gladly, or so they said, without all the nonsense that the humans tended to get up to.

"That is... correct, Honored Guest. We all do what is required of us, each serving the Empire the manner most suited to them, for the Greater Good. We each have a job and we do it,"

Most orkz would've appreciated the summary at the end. But behind their pretty language, Wrathbeard heard the insults. The way they talked slower, deliberately tried to dumb down what they were saying. He'd promised to behave himself, and besides the grog wasn't half bad as things went. Still, he felt prejudices niggling at him every time they whispered behind his back words that he couldn't understand but had learned the meaning of years ago. Just a dumb brute brought along for muscle. He tried to not let it bother him. After all, Orkz weren't predisposed to deep thinking or polite coversation. They might be forgiven for their insensitivity to his particular... condition. But every sentence was another poke, a jab that tempted him to respond in the way they expected. To live up to all they thought of him.

He contented himself by delivering verbal stabs of his own, rather than physical stabs from his stabbah.

"Da'z not all that unlike da Orkz. Yo'z a mek, a dok, a boss or one of da boyz, and ya each gotz a thing dat ya'z good at. An when all da boyz are workin togetha there ain't nuffin dat can get in da way withought gettin stomped flat. But ya see, da orks have evolved past da need for 'duty' or 'ideology.' We do what we do 'cuz dats what we do. No need to muk about worryin' why or who's servin what. For us life is straightforward, peaceful compared to da rest of ya. Our purpose in da galacksee is self-evident, we dun have to spend time thinking about it we just get on with what needs doin. But I'll admit you'z got a decent enuff idea greyskin, if'n ya logic is a bit primative. Da Greatah Good is a bit... insubstanshul ya? A bit easy to weed yer way out of it when things get a bit rough, an aftah all who are ya includin in "Da Greatah Good?" I'll give credit where credit is due though. If ya wasn't all such weedy gitz I might even say yoz got potenshal, but dat would just be me manners talkin. I'm gonna get anuvva grog, hur hur hur..."

He sauntered over to the big table with all the food and drinks. He stopped where the Eldar food was. Tiny little slivers of things, and his inner ork rejected everything about them. However, after a few more steps his inner ork remembered he was also very curious as a rule. He turned around and gingerly picked up one of the tiny forks in his hand, and those assembled had the most surreal sight of an Ork daintily sample a few of the Eldar dishes.

At that particular moment, the human lord and Tau commander came over in a huff. For his part, Wrathbeard was trying a combination of a sparkly grog with one of the Eldar dishes and he had to admit, together they weren't half bad. Then the human command pulled out a bolt pistol and blew the greyskin's head all over the table, and a good bit of blood and gore got all over the Ork.

He was stunned a moment, then he pointed at them and started laughing, deep bass laughter that shook his whole body. Then a Fire Warrior bullseyed the Lord in the stomache, causing him to keel over and Wrathbeard to laugh even harder. He was laughing so hard he toppled over the table, giving himself and the others a bit of impromptu cover.

"Oh zog, dis is da best dinnah party evah hurhurhur..."

As he reached about himself to assemble his massive Snazzgun, he leaned up over the table and yelled to the room, "I didn't shoot first! If I'z shoot back, is completely in self defense now! Oh I've always wanted to say that and it be true!"

Wrathbeard is down either way. He isn't much for authority figures in general so if you shoot the Lord he'll probably remember this as the best humie party he's ever been to.

pre:
57	44	72	70	28	58	29	31	20	
Wounds: 21/21        Fate: 2/2

Combat related skills: Demolitions +20
Toughness Bonus: 14 (Unnatural Toughness x2)
BQ Squighides : Body/Arms/Legsl 4
Iron Gob: Head 2, +10 to intimidate

Name			Type	Range	Fire	Damage		Armor Pen  	Ammo	Reload	
BQ Snazzgun 	        Heavy	90m	S/4/8	1d10+11I  	2		200	4 Full	
Special: Storm, Reliable, Twin-linked, Inaccurate, Unwieldy, +5 to BS/WS

GQ Solo-Boltgun		Pistol	100m	S/3/–	1d10+4I		0		18	Full	
Special: Inaccurate, Reliable, +5 to BS/WS

BQ Choppa		Melee	000m	S/–/–	1d10+10R		2		-	-	
Special: Unbalanced, Sparky Nobs (Shocking), +5 to BS/WS

Bulging Biceps - No need to brace heavy weapons
Da Neskt Best Fing - Count every 2 non-orks as orks for Mob Rule)
Exotic Weapon Training (Rokkit Launcha, Deffgun)
Furious Assault - On successful All out Attack, spend reaction to make another
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Iron Jaw - Toughness test to avoid being stunned
Jaded - normal horrors don't cause fear tests
Lissen Ta Me, Coz I'z da Biggest! - Might Makes Right applies to non-orks
Rapid Reload - half reload time
Resistance (Fear) - +10 bonus to fear checks
Runtz x1
Sanctioned Xenos - Avoid 'trust not the alien' penalties
Sound Constitution x3
Sturdy - +20 to resist grapple and knockdown 
Talented (Tech-Use)
True Grit - Halve critical damage
Worky Gubbinz -  Tech-Use to improve weapons, Ork weapons count as reliable
Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

quote:

Name: Murdah Wrathbeard
Career: Ork Freebootah / Mekboy
Klan: Death Skullz
Know-Wotz: Mekboy

Characteristics:
WS :57 = 35+12 + 5 + 5
BS :44 = 15+14 + 5 + 5 + 5
S :72 = 35+17 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
T :60 = 30+10 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
AG :28 = 20+8
Int:58 = 15+18 + 5 (Mekboy) + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
Per:29 = 20+9
WP :31 = 20+11
Fel:28 = 15+8 + 5

Wounds: 21
Insanity: 0
Corruption:///////
Fate points: 2

Skills:
Awareness (Per)
Barter (Fel)
Carouse (T)
Common Lore (Orks) (Int)
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Demolition (Int) +20
Dodge (Ag)
Intimidate (Str) +20
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Speak Language (Ork) (Int)
Tech-Use (Int) +30
Trade (Armourer) (Int) +20

Talents:
Bulging Biceps
Da Neskt Best Fing (Count every 2 non-orks as orks for Mob Rule)
Exotic Weapon Training (Rokkit Launcha, Deffgun)
Furious Charge
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Iron Jaw
Jaded
Lissen Ta Me, Coz I'z da Biggest! (Might Makes Right applies to non-orks)
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Fear)
Runtz x1
Sanctioned Xenos
Sound Constitution x3
Sturdy
Talented (Tech-Use)
True Grit
Worky Gubbinz
Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

Traits:
'Ard (Unnatural Toughness x2, Sturdy, Iron Jaw, True Grit)
Additionally, all Medicae tests to treat the injuries of an Ork gain
a +20 bonus, due to the Ork’s robust physiology.

Made Fer Fightin' (Furious Assault, Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

Make it Work (Ork Weapons aren't unreliable)

Might Makes Right:
When dealing with other Greenskins (Gretchin, Snotlings, other Orks),
an Ork mayuse the Intimidate skill to perform all the normal functions
of the Command Skill, affecting a number of subordinate
Greenskins equal to his Strength Bonus. When dealing with
non-Greenskins, the Ork does not get this bonus.

Mob Rule:
For every additional Ork within 10m, the Ork’s Willpower
is increased by +10 to resist the effects of Fear and Pinning.

Death Skull
-Always count as having Charm
-Tech Use as trained

Items:
Best Quality Snazzgun (Combi-Deffgun)
Heavy 90m S/4/8
Dam: 1d10+11 Pen 2
Clip: 100
Reload: 4 Full
Special: Inaccurate, Unreliable, Unweildy, Twin-linked, Storm
Quality: +5 to Ballistic Skill Tests, Counts as Reliable
Weight: 100kg

Good Craftsmanship Slugga
Best Quality Choppah
Best Quality Squig-hide coat and leggings (AP4 all but head)
Boss Hat (Snazzy)
Iron Gob (+10 Intimidate, AP2 Head stacks with other AP)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Quintus

Quintus wasn't too keen on some dinner party to get an artifact from some xenos. First, he doubted exactly what it is the Xenos might even have. Granted that did pique his interest, but mystery was only so satisfying. Real zeal comes from having at least a glimmer of what you are hunting for, and then trying to retrieve it. Still, he was attached to this rogue trader vessel, and at least under Lord Crassian's command he had acquired quite a few things for the chapter.

Quintus and Lord Crassian had arranged a very simple, yet lucrative deal. Quintus would put his superior knowledge related to relics and antiquities to use when the rogue trader had keyed on to anything of value. If something linked to a Space Marine chapter was found it automatically went to Quintus to return to the chapter, along with being allowed to make copies of any texts found. Any other artefacts went to feeding Lord Crassian's coffers and ego.

This new Rogue Trader he wasn't sure about. He hadn't had the opportunity to really talk with him. Quintus had kept to himself during the dinner party. Eating xenos food prepared by xenos was certainly not something he was looking to add to his resume of things he had done. When Balzac had fired upon the Tau leader, and the fighting erupted, Quintus was relieved. Taking artefacts from dead xenos was standard Operation Procedure in the Blood Raven annotated Codex astartes.

The Librarian draws his sword and charges the range favoring Tau.

Charging into combat and killing tau with my force sword. Damage is 1d10+16 Pen:6.

If I hit channel energy into the scrub I hit. Focus power test is 79 (59+20 for psy rating) opposed WP. One additional 1d10 for each DoS not reduced by armor or toughness.

TN of attack is 64

e: fear (1) on all enemies from me, fear (2) for those I'm in melee with.

pre:
Name: Quintus 
Past: Servant of the Librarium

WS:54=30+16+3+5
BS:41=30+11
S:45=30+15
T:45=30+15
Ag:41=30+11
Int:62=30+17+5+5+5
Per:45=30+10+5
Wp:59=30+19+5+5
Fel:38=30+8

Wounds: 19
Fate: 3

Corruption: 
Insanity: 

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (chapter runes)
Climb
Dodge 
Common Lore (adeptus astartes, Imperium, war)
Concealment
Drive (ground Vehicle)
Intimidte
Literacy
Navigation (surface)
Silent move
Speak language (low & high gothic)
Tactics (Orbital drop proceedures)
Tracking
Forbidden Lore (Traitor legions, xenos,archeotech +20)
Scholastic lore (Bureaucracy, Codex astartes,Archaic +20, Legend +20)
Psyniscience +10
Invocation +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Astartes weapon training
Buldging biceps
Killing strike
Nerves of steel
quick draw
Resistance (psychic powers)
unarmed master
Counter-attack
Deathwatch Training
True Grit
Foresight
Heightened senses (sight, hearing)
Psy rating 4

Traits:
Foreknowledge solo mode
Unnatural str x2
Unnatural Toughness x2

Equipment:
Power Armor
-Mark 6 corvus
-History 1: Terror Be thy Friend (fear 1 in melee)
-History 2: Blood of the enemy (fear 1)
bolt pistol
3 frags
3kraks
combat knife
repair cement 
Libarium txts (SL archaic)
Bolter w/fire selector
Force Sword

Psyker powers: 
Iron Arm
Smite
Inspire
Truth seeker
Force dome

Advances: 20,700/21,000
Starting 12000
No quarter given Deed 500
Invocation 400
Truth seeker 1000
SL archaic 100  
SL legend 100
FL archeotech 100
SL archaic +10 200
SL legend +10 200
FL archeotech 200
Foresight 400
WS simple 200
Int simple 200
Will simple 200
Will inter 500
Per simple 200
Int Inter 500
force dome 1500
Psy rating 4 500
Invocation +10 400
Psyniscience +10 400
SL legend +20 300
SL arcaic +20 300
FL Archeotech +20 300

Werix fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 11, 2015

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Elanaque

The banquet was beyond dull, even when put alongside the regular tedious human efforts, It seemed as though the tau had studied the concept of mealtime enjoyment but while following the procedure, had arrived at entirely the wrong destination - probably as a result of the lack of imagination so common to lesser races. Someone was going to tire of the circuitous negotiations, and it was either going to be the marine or the noble. She could see the ork was being slowly infurated by the grey skinned diplomats, but displayed reserves of self control atypical to his species.

She made noncommital noises and nodded at the appropriate points as the water caste that had cornered her droned on. Lord de Balzac seemed to become irritated when the dessert refreshments were brought out, claiming that the wrong sickly goop had been served (how could he even tell the difference?). Over the dull Tau's shoulder she watched Balzac glare as L'Oreal approched him, then knock back his drink. The body language was unmistakable.

By the time the bolt pistol cleared its sheath, Ela had her hands on the pommels of her blades. As the shot rang out she ran through the stunned tau diplomat in front of her. He was even dull when he died, no resistance at all. The guards were quick, already pointing their powerful guns at the noble as he yelled victoriously. The safest place was amongst them, they lacked the artistic flair for melee combat. She dodged past the charging Astartes and over a side table, sliding in to the armoured tau before he could bring up his long rifle.

Dashing to the next guard, she responded to the bellowing ork, "they let you bring that gun in then started shooting, do you need any more permission?"

Going to charge and stab the closest armed tau, then assassin strike in to the biggest group of them. Maybe double team Quintus if he's nearby. Ablative tau are the best form of defense against pulse rifles.

code:
63	47	52	31	49	43	45	33	40	
Wounds: 12/12        Fate: 3/3

Dodge:	69 (1 bonus dodge per round)
Parry:	83
DR:	10(3)
FF:	20

Initiative:	+10

Name			To hit	Type	Range	Fire	Damage		Armor Pen  	Ammo	Reload	
BQ Eldar powersword	73 (rr)	Melee	-	-	1d10+10E  	8		-	-	
Special: Power field, +10 to WS to hit, +20 to WS when parrying, -10 when attacking with both hands

Power sword (offhand)	63 (rr)	Melee	-	-	1d10+10E  	5		-	-	
Special: Power field, +10 to WS when parrying, -10 when attacking with both hands

BQ Shuriken Pistol	47 	Pistol	30m	S/3/5	1d10+2R		4		40	2 Full	
Special: Never jams

Shuriken catapult	47 	Basic	60m	S/3/10	1d10+4R		6		100	2 Full	

Eldar plasma grenade	Like I understand thrown weapons

BQ Ghostplate:		7 all, 20 forcefield

Combat related skills: 	Acrobatics +20
			Awareness +20
			Dodge +20

Talents

Ambidesterous:		Reduces TWF penalty to 10
Assassin strike:	After melee attack, may rest acrobatics (69) to move
Blademaster:		May reroll one failed bladed melee attack per round
Catfall:		Test agi to reduce fall damage
Combat Master:		Opponents gain no outnumbering bonus
Dark Sight:		See in the dark
Double Team:		Gain +10WS when an an ally is engaging your targer, +20 if that ally has double team
Hard Target:		-20BS for enemies attacking when this character charges/runs
Heightened Senses (Hearing):	+10 to awareness using this sense
Heightened senses (Sight):	+10 to awareness using this sense
Nerves of Steel:	May reroll failed pinning
Paranoia:		+2 initiative, uses awareness against hidden threats
Quick Draw:		Can ready pistol/basic/melee weapons as a free action
Resistance (Fear):	+10 to rolls against fear
Sprint:			Moves an extra 8m while taking a full move, double movement on run
Step Aside:		One extra dodge per round
Swift Attack:		May attack twice as a full action
Two Weapon Wielder:	May attack with the offhand with a full action, -10WS
code:
Name	Elanaque Zephyrsong
Career	Eldar (wych)
No backgrounds because eldar

WS	63 (Expert)
BS	47 (Simple)
S	52 (Trained)
T	31
A	49 (Simple)
Int	43 (Simple)
Per	45 (Simple)
Wil	33
Fel	40 (Simple)

Wounds	12
Fate	3?

Insanity	Nope
Corruption	0?

Skills

Acrobatics (Ag)
Acrobatics +10
Acrobatics +20
Awareness (P)
Awareness +10
Awareness +20
Charm (F)
Charm +10
Chemuse (Int)
Common Lore (Eldar) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperial) (Int)
Concealment (Ag)
Deceive (F)
Deceive +10
Dodge (Ag)
Dodge +10
Dodge +20
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate (S)
Silent Move (Ag)
Silent Move +10
Speak Language (Eldar) (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Survival (Int)

Talents

Ambidextrous
Assassin Strike
Blademaster
Catfall
Combat Master
Dark Soul
Decadence
Double Team
Exotic Weapon Training (Eldar Power Sword)
Hard Target
Heightened Senses (Hearing)
Heightened senses (Sight)
Jaded
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Nerves of Steel
Paranoia
Quick Draw
Resistance (Fear)
Shuriken (Kabalite) Weapon Training (basicially anything with shuriken instead of anything dark eldar)
Sprint
Step Aside
Swift Attack
Thrown Weapon Training (Universal)
Two Weapon Wielder (Melee)

Traits

Eldar biology (-10 to medicae unless knowledge of xenos)
Non-Imperial
Unnatural Agility (x2)
Dark sight

Unspent XP:	150

Gear

Best craftsmanship shuriken pistol
Common craftsmanship power sword
Wychsuit
Microbead
Translator unit
2 eldar plasma grenades
Soulstone (charm)

Kimarimonku'ko (Best quality eldar powersword)
Cameleoline cloak
Enforcer light carapace
Shuriken catapult
Synskin
Best quality corsair armour (ghostplate)

Incy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 11, 2015

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Ork food certainly was a new experience.....

Eadian had been quite enjoying himself frankly. It had been a long time since he had been planet side, let alone on such a nice place. He had no experience with the Tau in his time with the Navy or otherwise, but they did seem to know how to throw a party. He had even been brave enough to cut a small piece of the ork food that appeared to still be bleeding....and was that an eye?

He sipped his drink considering the wisdom of his decisions, thinking about what this artifact must be. The Lord Balzac wouldn't shut up on the way here, his ego insufferable. He took a moment to listen in to the conversation between the Orc and the Tau, and watched the Astartes look mainly annoyed by the entire affair. When the lord shot the Commander in the face however, he had jumped behind the table and drew his Hellpistol and took aim at the Tau that Exlorator had pointed out, and took a shot at him. He chuckled briefly at Wrathbeards comment I've never known an orc to be so concerned about the niceties of the law, but we will be certain to inform the Arbites that you were in the right.

Frankly, Eadian thought he wouldn't really mind if the 'good lord' didn't make it out of this alive. It was his fault they were in this mess anyway.

lets do it, I'm down with shooting bad nobility. Also I have not ever done play by post before so let me know if i need more info, or anything else in the combat block that would be prudent

code:

34 50 42 46 52 60 59 54 69

BS+10 for aiming half action

Name			  Type	Range	Fire	       Damage		Armor Pen  	Ammo	Reload	
Hellpistol (Lucius) Pistol     35m       S/2/_     1d10+4E 7              4                 40          2 Full

Basic Weapon Training Universal
Die Hard (just in case)
Pistol Training Universal 
Quick Draw (ready as a free action)
Sound Constitution x2 (forgot to put this into my wounds the first time, so its 11 not 9 i am an idiot)

Wounds 11/11
Fate 4/4

code:

Eadian Valarius

34 50 42 46 52 60 59 54 69

Skills:

TRAINED:
Awareness
Barter
Charm
Ciphers(Underworld/Rouge Trader)
Common Lore (imperial Navy)
Deceive
Disguise
Intimidate
Security

BASIC:
Carouse
Commerce
Common Lore (Underworld)
Dodge
Drive (Ground vehicles)
Forbidden Lore (Archotech/heresy)
Inquiry
Interrogation
Literacy
Logic
Scrutiny
Search
Shadowing
Silent Move
Sleight of Hand
Speak Language (High Gothic/Low Gothic/Traders Cant/Eldar)
Tech-Use
Tracking
Trade (Linguest)

Talents:
Peer (nobility)
Peer (military)
Enemey (Echlisiarchy)
Basic Weapon Trainign Universal
Broke No Insult
Die Hard
Pistol Training Universal
Resistance (fear)
Sound Constitution X2
Takedown
Quick Draw

Gear:
Ancestral Seal
Best Craftmenship Hellpistol
Common Craftmenship Boltgun
Xeno-Mesh Armor
Autoquill
Dataslate
Micro-bead
Multi-key
Sets of robes x2
Synskin
Chrono
Cameoelline cloak
MultiCompas
GC Disguise Kit

Wounds: 11 (This was the original 9+2 for Sound Constitution, i didn't actually read what that did when i took it) 
Fate Points:4

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 11, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Gonna make this easy for you guys, just go ahead and post your full sheets with your first post, if you haven't already. If you wanna prebuild a combat block by all means! But post your full sheet too.

e: Initiative as follows:
D'Jasper 7
M4X 8
Murdah 5
Quintus 5
Elana 16
Eadian 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774621/ Rolls applied straight down the line to your Agi Bonus.

Tau A 7
Tau B 12
Tau C 8
Tau X 9
Tau Y 10
Tau Z 4
Tau 1 3
Tau 2 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774637/

Post up soonish.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 11, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As the Tau begin opening fire, Elena realizes how precarious her position is out in the open. Naturally, as an Eldar, her reaction time is inhuman, and she quickly rolls out of the way of incoming fire, drawing her blade and lunging forward, burying the blade to the hilt in a tau's stomach. Taking a step back, she twirls, lashing her foot out and kicking him in the side of the head, causing him to stumble and turn; she uses the imbalance to launch herself over the tau, grabbing her blade and standing ready amongst the Fire Warriors. Eadrin sticks his head out from behind cover, his hellpistol drawn; he levels it and fires twice, both blasts catching another fire warrior square in the chest. The first hit sears through the alien's armored breastplate, and the second strikes square in the same spot, staggering the tau and making him drop his rifle in shock. He doubles over, grasping his chest and making strangled noises of pain.

The two soldiers nearest the stunned tau step forward as one, firing a salvo of shots at the crew behind the table. Most of the shots sail over the top of the makeshift cover, while others punch deep holes in the ancient, reinforced wood. M4X, meanwhile, keeps a level head as he helps Balzac make his internal organs internal once more, deftly suturing and applying a layer of synthskin over the massive wound. As he does, he lifts his head to take stock of the battlefield, his shoulder mounted las weapon popping up with his ballistic mechandrite. He quickly eyes in on a few tau and thinks the simple command, looking back down to his patient. The two pistols hum menacingly and then open fire, rapidly discharging a great deal of energy. One bolt in particular punches clean through the breastplate of one of the warriors, the residual energy rippling and setting fire to his ammunition. Two others are knocked clean off their feet by the force of the bolts, knocked out by the wind being forced from their lungs; as they fall, one of them bursts into flames.

Combat pauses for a moment, as all eyes turn to the standing tau who crackles ominously with flame; he looks down as he sees his pulse clip heating up, and he looks up with a sad, horror filled face. "Meep." The ammo explodes violently, and unmercifully all but one tau hit the ground in time to avoid the blast; the only one who is hit is the one stunned by the seneschal, and he is thrown back several feet before impacting with the wall, slumping into unconsciousness. D'Jasper, finally getting in close to Balzac, simply draws his gun and shoots the idiot noble out of spite; fortunately, Balzac only feels the round clip his leg, and he gives the trader a weird look. "Careful with your fumbling there, Probincrux! Blast it all, shoot the bloody xenos! Oh, jolly good, the Astartes is closing in!"

Quintus, meanwhile, saunters smugly into combat, bringing his crackling force blade around in a powerful slash. The wiry tau that had just been climbing to his feet is cleaved neatly in two, and for a moment his ammunition crackles ominously; Quintus, however, snuffs the flame with his mental powers, before turning his attention to the remaining tau. Still quite a few of them remained, and two of them opened fire on the marine and the elder. Elana, for her sake, is able to deftly weave her body through the oncoming fire, approaching her attacker; Quintus, meanwhile, merely deflects the pulse blasts with a psychically sheathed hand. Still, six more of the aliens were readying their rifles, and even the marine was uncertain how he'd handle so many of the piercing blasts.

At least, until a resounding WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH filled the room as the ork mekboy, Murdah, clambers onto the makeshift cover. His snazzgun hangs in his hands, and his eyes gleam with the prospect of dakka, and by Gork and Mork, he delivers the dakka. As the gun begins to rattle and roar as both barrels spit hot lead, Quintus and Elana hit the floor, covering their heads; the mekboy finds his aim hard to maintain and he begins sweeping the gun from side to side and in odd patterns, filling the air with slugs. The tau are wholly unprepared for such a stupid and base display of raw firepower with no notion of accuracy or tactics, and as such they are caught flatfooted; those left standing stagger back as their bodies are riddled with metal slugs, their bodies jerking as slugs strike their armor or rip through it. After a moment, the snazzgun stops firing, clicking as the barrel glows orange and smokes. There is a moment of silence as the tau continue standing, before crumbling to the ground; all but three tau are dead, and one of them is now fully on fire and likely to die from the flames in short order.

Balzac slowly peers over the edge of the table, surveying the carnage. He barks laughter and stands, holding his stomach and wincing. "Ha! Exactly as planned! We have some left alive we can interrogate! Perfect, perfect!" He smiles, placing his hands on his hips and looking far too proud for a man who was just gutshot.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774660/ Elana HITS, 10 damage, and flips her poo poo
10 - (6 AB - 5AP) - 3 TB = 6 damage, Tau B at 6 wounds
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774661/ Eadian MISSES
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774662/ Fate point reroll, hit! 11 and 8 damage
11 - (7 - 6) - 3 = 8 damage
8 - (7-6) - 3 = 5 damage, CRIT TIME
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774690/ Tau Y is stunned
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774673/ Tau B and Tau X MISS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774682/ M4X succeeds on Medicae and patches up Belzar to full health, while his gun arms shoot over the cover. All 3 shots land from both guns.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774683/ THREE RIGHTEOUS FURIES
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774684/ Two confirm
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774685/ PILE ON THE DAMAGE
25 - yeah this poo poo doesn't matter, he ded
6 - 0 - 3 = 3 damage
8 - 0 - 3 = 5 damage
22 -4 - 3 = 15 damage
5 - 4 - 3 = nope
14 - 4 - 3 = 9 damage

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774693/ Tau ammo explodes, 1d10+5 damage to ALL TAU
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774695/ the tau, untrained in dodge, all dodge it, except the stunned one
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774696/ 13 - 6 - 3 = 5 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774698/ Stunned tau is knocked off his feet by the crit, takes 4 levels of fatigue, and is unconcious. Poor rear end in a top hat.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774700/ Elana does not dodge.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774701/ oh wait yes she does
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774705/ Crit on Tau C knocks him out from fatigue
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774706/ Crit on Tau X knocks him out from fatigue, annnnd he's on fire
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774709/ D'Jasper deals 9 damage with his pistol
9 - 0 - 5 = 4 damage, Balzac thinks he's an idiot who can't aim
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774710/ Tau A and Tau 2 hit some poor fuckers
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774712/ Elana dodges Tau A
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774713/ Quintus Dodges Tau 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774714/ Quintus MISSES
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774715/ Quintus HITS
20 - 0 - 3 = 17, yeah he blow up
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774716/ he does not blow up
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774728/ Murdah lands all 18 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774756/ yeah this fight is done

Tau Y SO STUNNED/11
Tau X -6/11 stunned, on fire

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

D'jasper drops his boltgun to hang from its sling and powers up his las gauntlets.

"Sorry about this, old chap, but I just cant trust a person who disregards profits because of etiquette. D'jasper says, as he unloads on the unsuspecting Lord Balzac.

Re-Editing post to actually shoot the man in the back anyways, since Dyne said he already rolled for damage and all.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 12, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus stands, dusting himself off and making his way over to one of the Tau still left alive that is not on fire, his power armor causing a slight vibration in the flooring as he moves. He stands over the Tau, kicking away any nearby weapons. "I don't even know if you can understand me Xenos, so I'll be nice and slow; if one of them says they want to ask you a question, you live, if not," he flicks the force sword in one hand while unholstering his bolt pistol with the other, "which way would you like your end?"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Energy crits! I didn't even get to use the plasma rifle.

Also, do we really need to kill this guy before we get paid? I just saved him from certain, slow bleedout, and it'd be easy to put him back into one. We can space him after we get paid, maybe get him to sign over his ship or something. Hell, we have an ork, he can force the guy to anything.

M4X

Kicking the table aside and stomping towards the wounded xenos, the hulking explorator only has one thing one his mind. "Where is the artifact? You will tell me or I will vivisect you. His surgical suite is whirring very disconcertingly, and his weapon systems rack and reload. "Speak, and you will live. Stay silent, and I will extract the information while you die a most agonizing death."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III
I was thinking it along like this: We're on a Tau world and he just decided to shoot a high ranking noble.
Either we try to patch up things with the Tau or we start running, both of which are easier when the main target is not with us

Sormus fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 12, 2015

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Elanaque

The eldar throws herself on the ground as the tau she is running at explodes under the barrage of crude firepower. As her hearing came back after the deafening roar, Elana grabbed one of the heavy table coverings and tried to extinguish the fire caused by the energy blasts.

"Jasper, it seems poor business sense to shoot the client," she pondered for a moment before continuing, "and I'm fairly certain that killing the individual you're meant to be a bodyguard of is a breach of etiquette."

"So we're still after the artefact? Anyone know what, and where, it is? Balzac, how about you?"

Going to put out the tau before anything else decides being on fire is the hip thing to be doing. Ag check?
Also are there still other tau in the room? If so Ela will herd them in to a corner.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"Right, far be it for me to tell ya yer buziness, but I think you's going about dis all wrong. First off," he grabs a large water jug, the tiny foam cups having been scattered by the firefight and rips the top off of it, dumping it all over the burning, screaming Tau, "Dok, c'mere and fix up dis here greyskin. An as fer this ovva one 'ere, wot do you think he's gonna tell ya? Even if we did find out where dis fing is, dey'd 'splode it as soon as we got anywhere near it. Nah, here's what we do. Little greyskin, gets on dat talky-box in yer helmet and call ya boss and get'm down 'ere. Likes is yoz already did dat, but do it again and tell him it is gonna go like dis: You bring us dis piece of 'oomie kit wot dis lot is so keen on. In exchange we'z gonna give ya da bits and grog what we brought ta trade in da first place. Once dat is done, our mission is complete. O' course, the mission said we'z bringing some /thing/ back, didn't mention bringing /somebody/ back. So'z once our trade is complete, we'll leave dis smashed up 'oomie boss for ya to krump at yer leishah fer ruining dis here dinnah party. We part ways having engaged in good, honest commerce and all of us da bettah for it. Sound good ya? Might even say iz da Greatah Good. Yoz tell yer boss dat, too."

Going to use Command to tell this Tau to tell the other Tau to bring us what we want. Since I'm an Ork, I can use Intimidate instead of command. Strength 72 + 20 + 10 = TN102

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Although he never thought he would say it, Eadian Agreed with the greenskin. Wrathbeard and D’Jasper have a point Elanaque. We have a way’s to go before we are back to the ship, and even after that we have to somehow get into orbit. This seems unlikely if we appear to be harboring a wanted murderer. It might be easier if we give him up to the Tau for whatever the appropriate punishment is. Might even win us some points with the local authorities of the Tech Priest can patch those wounds up?

hopefully were not ruining Dynes plan before the first page is used up, but it seems like at this point we have to do SOMETHING with Ballzac or its unlikely the tau would just let us leave with the artifact/at all. I can try to talk us out of it but giving them the lord seems like a good COA

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
"Hm? What was that, chappy? I di-" Before Balzac can turn, a radiant blast of energy comes from the outstretched fists of D'Jasper, cutting him off mid-sentence. For five seconds, D'Jasper holds the firing triggers in his palm down, releasing a constant stream of raw power; he stops only when his bracers begin to overheat. He curses softly as he shakes his wrists, trying to cool the bracers.

Balzac continues standing for a moment, his hands on his hips and only a thin wisp of smoke rising from his shoulders where his neck and head would be; a smell of cooking flesh fills the air, with the flesh and blouse still crackling and beginning to catch aflame, and then the body simply keels forward, crumpling to the ground. The ceiling and wall beyond were the man once stood are now scorched, with lighter scorching making a perfect silhouette of the now dead noble's head.

On the floor, one of the unconscious tau crackles sympathetically with the deceased noble, at least until Murdah dumps cold water on him to put him out. M4X, Quintus, and Murdah gather up the limp rag-doll soldiers, and try to discern the best way to interrogate the unconscious. Murdah, being an ork, knows the best way to get a git's attention, and cracks one of the tau across the face with the back of his hand. The soldier slowly comes to with a start and takes a moment to realize he is being held up by an ork, and immediately starts to panic. "Meep meep! MEEEEP! MEEEEEEEEP!" The last meep is half sobbing, and it only takes another soothing backhand to calm the creature down.

The tau, whose name is Ch'ad, spills what little he knows of the purported artifact. It is still being held in a research base not too far from the dining hall, with minimal security; he has never seen it himself, but the higher ups believe that since it is ancient technology, the Imperials would gladly trade anything for it, and had ignored his advisor on the possibility that, instead, the Imperium would destroy the colony for it. So far, this has been only the fourth attack on the colony in an attempt to claim the artifact. He practically begs to not die, offering to join the crew and train them in the ways of the fire warrior, so long as his buddies T'odd and Ro'ss, the two currently being held by Quintus and M4X, join as well. He speaks of the fraternity he shares with the two soldiers, sniffling in spite of having no obvious nose.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Elanaque

"Well, that's settled then. Still, nice gauntlets." The eldar slips out a thin cloak from a pouch and unfolds it as the tau blubs. "Keep going, how do we get there? Where are the guard posts, and the emergency procedures? Are there any other more unusual security measures?"

Gonna try to get a feel for the layout of the place, then scout ahead to get a feel of how heavy the resistance will be before meeting back with the group. Concealment of 69? Also voting we leave these losers here, neither Ch'ad, Ro'ss and To'dd have shot their boss.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"Excellent choice, xeno. You get to keep your limbs." M4X turns to the captain. "It is clear we require further intelligence. I will attempt to locate an uplink to the local noospheric network. If not, we can simply march forth and take what is the Omnissiah's.

Gonna do hacky techpriest stuff to get the direction and layout of the facility we're gonna hit, if we don;t make a deal for the stuff. Tech-use is 100 before gear.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Edit: on second thought I'm not going to phonepostthis. Il get it when i get home

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus racks the slide on his bolt pistol and calmly places the barrel on the back of T'odd's head. He turns to address D'Jasper, his voice modulated by his beakie helmet, "is it your intention to work with this Xenos? The question is very important in determining how I proceed."

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Well that settles our blue blood problem for the moment at least. M4X, I don’t much like the idea of having to march in and do anything, we are on a world heavily populated by Xenos and for the moment, we aren’t really sure of our standing. We may be able to work something out with….whatever passes for the local government amongst this lot. Oh and Quintus, may I suggest against any further shooting for the moment? I know your quite keen on it, but it might be in our best interest to hold for a moment and be prepared to figure a non-violent way out of this. Let’s see if our former lord had any information about the artifact….

Gonna search Balzachs body for anything he might have on him regarding the artifact; also are their guards coming or anything? Presumably this would have caused quite the commotion, and if nobody important is alive to tell them we shot the offender, then probincrux just kamayahameha’d this dude in the face for no reason

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 14, 2015

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

D'jasper hums and haws for a moment, chewing on the Space Marines. Eadian raised good points and while the tactical mind of the Mechanicus and Pointy-eared-xeno were also welcome, he was hoping it wouldn't come to that.

"People, I suggest we at least WAIT to see if the Tau Empire representatives are actively hostile towards us. I'm hoping we'd gain some good-will by letting these ones live, so that they can testify we only acted in self-defense AND we did not agree with Lord Balzac's actions either. he muses. "Hay, Xaynoos, do you have a commlink or something you can use to patch us in with whoever is next to.. whoever the person Honore shot in your chain of command? Do you understand? PARLEYY VOU GOTHIC? he asks the Xeno

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Wrathbeard

He listens to the Greyskin and nods slowly. Then he starts humming a little tune and collecting the fallen soldier's pulse rifles, grenades and so forth. After all, it wasn't a fight if there wasn't lootin' involved. His mind worked slowly, mentally picking apart the weapons and figuring out how they might be improved. They might make a mean blasta or maybe even a zzapy gun with a bit of tweaking, but that wasn't very satisfying in the end. After all, he had his snazzgun. He could keep adding to it. You could never have enough dakka, after all. But diminishing marginal returns and so forth.

"Right, well dat was me good deed for da day. I'z gonna go take a look around. See if der's anything dat they've left "lightly guarded." I've always wanted one of dose greyskin shooty-suits, wot fly about with all da zappy guns an such. Or maybe one of those hovah tanks. Dat'd be some good lootin, dat."

Murdah is going to go score some loot from these guys. See if some high ranking fire caste "left" his battlesuit laying around, or maybe if there are some vehicles nearby that can be improved.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Eadian

Hey, Who is in charge now, we don't want to harm anyone else, we just want what we came here for

I have Trade : Linguist can I try to communicate with the tau? I thought they understood us?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Yes, they speak Gothic (The language humans speak).

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The terrified Ch'ad meeps frantically; while he understands Gothic just fine, he certainly can't speak it, and only speaks in the dulcet meeping of the Tau language, which is translated with a half-second delay by a translation device. The resulting effect is fairly annoying, but effective. He and the others go on to inform the crew that they were, in fact, the only guards assigned to the delegation, because absolutely no one had expected the diplomat to turn out to be batshit insane and looking for any possible reason to start shooting aliens, in spite of decades of interaction with the Imperium. He and his brothers were the only Fire Caste sent to the resort; it was all supposed to be a smooth transaction, but the research facility is manned primarily by Earth caste, with a small Battlesuit detachment. The three tau would be more than willing to vouch for the trader and his crew's role in the slaughter, if only to avoid having to deal with the ork or marine in melee.

Murdah, with an armload of pulse rifles, steps out into the hallway beyond the banquet hall, and finds the tau's words to be true; he in fact stands in an expansive hallway that leads to the lobby of a fairly fancy hotel, where a water caste receptionist is currently peering out from behind the counter with a look of reluctance and fear. Seated not twenty feet away is an Imperial noble laden with platinum and gold cybernetics, who sniffs in derision at the sight of the ork before sipping his drink. "Bloody tourists. They need to stop giving away free trips to this resort." Next to him, an incredibly bored looking woman leans her head back against her chair and murmurs a non-committal agreement, her eyes covered with a handkerchief. There is, of course, another buffet table, ready to be ransacked, but no sign of any kind of security. He spies what appears to be a janitorial work room, as a tau maintenance drone hovers out.

Following his weird orkish counterpart, M4X finds a computer access point designed by the tau near the reception area, and wastes no time in simply breaking its spirit to his bidding. He quickly finds the information he needs, and finds it coincides with the information the three survivors had given him; the facility itself was but a few miles out from the resort, and located underground, a fact they had either neglected to mention or had escaped their minds due to the sheer terror of imminent death. He finds the facility only goes down about two sublevels, and he notices a heavily encrypted file regarding an object on the second sublevel. In spite of his best attempts, he is unable to crack the encryption, but he at the very least figures it must be the object they're after. Taking a look at the facility roster, he finds that there is really only a small handful of living tau manning the facility; the rest is more of a ledger of the active drones on base, and a detachment list of six fire caste and two battlesuits. When he pulls his MIU from the terminal, the alien machine spirit within screeches out in indignation and pain, and the screen cracks with a weak pop; the receptionist sinks further behind his desk, trying his best to simply disappear. A moment later, the same drone that Murdah had witnessed arrives to the scene, and with a low, sorrowful bloop begins working on the terminal to repair it.

Murdah finds approximately 8 pulse rifles and a few pulse pistols and grenades, which I assume, as an ork, he has no intention of sharing.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

D'Jasper strokes his chin while trying to make heads or tails of the Tau's rambling.

"So we need to go to this Fa'ce'le'tey and we'll find someone who can continue these negotiations because the previous diplomat had that unfortunate accident... his voice trails off when he sees the receptionist lurking behind the counter. He waddles to the disk and starts ringing the service bell until the receptionist makes eye contact.

"HELLO. I AM A WEALTHY BUSINESS MAN AND NEED A TRANSPORT, A TAXI OR ONE OF THEM RICKSHAWS YOU HAVE IN THESE EXOTIC COUNTRIES." he booms. "IT ALSO APPEARS THAT THE CONFERENCE ROOM IS IN DIRE NEED OF CLEANING. ALSO THERE IS FEW FOIRE COAST(?) WARRIORS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE PLACE, COULD YOU KINDLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT?

Sormus fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 19, 2015

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

As the party wait at the reception a side door opens and in strolls a large older gentleman wearing swimming trunks, his stomach displaying a tattoo that reads DINO in high gothic script. His fine bionic legs carry him across the room as he looks at the assembled group. "Ah! So that explains the shooting, these little buggers never let the guns off normally." He scratches behind an ear and looks at D'Jasper, "Interesting little band you've got here, reminds me of my younger days. Any interest in an old man tagging along?"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

Returning to the captain, M4X relays the good news."I have the location, layout, and disposition of the Xeno base. Should negotiations fail, a surgical strike at the creatures' heavy armor would allow us to easily overcome the remaining personnel, who are few in number. He pauses, looking at the receptionist being badgered. "It would be wise to give this man whatever will cause him to quit your presence as soon as possible." He then turns to the Ork "technician." "How quickly can you dismantle an unoccupied, unfamiliar heavy robotic combat frame? Further, how quickly can you dismantle an occupied one?"

Do I know where any nearby transportation is from the map I downloaded? If so can I make it sit up and beg?

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

wiegieman posted:

"How quickly can you dismantle an unoccupied, unfamiliar heavy robotic combat frame?"

~Meanwhile, in Wrathbeard's mind, a vision appears. A vision of an Ork, an ork in some flash armor... Armor that he could make. But he could only see a glimpse of it, from behind...

...Well that only made sense. After all, this was obviously a vision of the future. That meant that he was in the past, so of course he'd be looking at himself in the future from behind. The past is always behind the future, but regardless, that was some flash armor, and Murdah Wrathbeard needed it and by the gods he needed it right now.~

While in the real world, the ork Mek seems to look off into the distance while M4X talks, and takes several seconds after the question is finished before Murdah finally responds.

"'Sorry, wot? Oh, 'ow fast can I get to krumpin one of them flash greyskin dreadz? Do you know where one iz? If you knowz where one iz den you'd best be tellin me, cuz I've gotz lootin ta do."

The ork is visibly excited and seems ready to run to the nearest location of a Tau battlesuit.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus smiles at M4X, "and how about a non-surgical strike? Say if you had, and I'm just talking in hypotheticals here, an astartes Librarian capable of making a force dome? A force dome that would absorb the cowardly xenos' ranged shots while closing distance, allowing the librarian to laugh manically until he closed distance with the battle suits and channeled the full extent of his psychic might into them?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

D'jasper turns to face the new arrival and guffaws. He leans against the receptionist's desk which lets out an unpleasant creak. He appraises Dino's appearance to try to help him figure out what kind of a man he is. Clearly he is wealthy because he has huge gut and waterproof cybernetics. Someone they could use perhaps.

"What? Yes. Sure, I have to warn you that we are about to go meet with another of theses.. he speaks loudly while gesturing towards the receptionist "..people to continue with the trade negotiations that broke down." Another gesture towards the open doors to the battle-scarred conference hall "Rather bloodily, I might add."
D'Jasper gets distracted by the rest of the crews little chat. He just yells at them across the hall
"Guys, Whats this about shooting more natives? We just drive over there and explain we would like to continue the trade. These blue men have more riding on this trade negotiations than you believe."

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

Dino's face lights up and he turns and heads down the corridor, "Give me a few minutes to gather my things and we'll get right on with it!" he disappears round a corner, reappearing soon after.

Standing before them now in Imperial Guard battledress he salutes and hefts a kit bag over his shoulder, a large grenade launcher hanging to his side. "Oh, bollocks, almost forgot it!" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a rosette, pinning it to his chest in place of a regimental badge.

Lord Inquisitor Jeffery "Dino" Mansular of the Order Xenos

Dino walks to the reception desk and talks quickly to the receptionist in the Tau tongue, handing over some of the local currency and nods to her, then turns to the group. "The Tau may be misguided but they recognise a good bit of a symbol let me tell you. Now then, trade negotiations?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

While Dino was changing D'Jasper had taken the liberty of browsing plates abandoned by the worried tourists in the Restaurant. He was just pouring copious amounts of barbeque sauce and ketchup on a plate of exquisite prime rib with seasonal vegetables when Dino had returned. He tosses the condiment bottles onto the floor, grabs one of the steaks with his hand and brings it to his mouth. His expectant smile turned into frown and he tosses the whole plate to the floor.

"Bah, goddamn natives can't make a good hamburger even if their life depended on it." he mutters while wiping his hands on the front of his shirt. After noticing Dino he squints at the rosette "Inquisitor? That probably means you're paid to ask questions? No matter. Basically the Savages found "A shiny rock" or some stuff, didn't really listen and want to trade it for Imperial luxuries like seeds and fabrics, that kind of stuff. The natives clearly were impressed by our clothes and want to imitate, but lack the industry to produce, bless their multiple hearts"

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

"Ah, I made the same mistake too. Get a bit from every fourth plate, that's the trick. It never tastes like good Grox but it's never too bad." He waves dismissively at the mention of his title, "When I was younger sure, but the older you get the less you give a poo poo. Any diplomat with you or you running this one solo?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

"Diplomat? Yes. Its the one without head in the conference room. The one with Imperial pants and boots."

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

"He must have pissed them off a fair bit, it takes a lot to get this lot shooting at Imperials" Dino spreads his arms and gestures to the folk in the lobby before winking at D'Jasper, "Too much killing is bad for business after all"

edit: Put my sheet over on pastebin to save filling the page with it Jeffery "Dino" Mansular

Sledra fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 22, 2015

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Eadian

Maybe I can speak with someone? At the very least see if we can avoid having to get our astartes friend to cut down every Xenos on the planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus looks down at the newly arrived Inquisitor with apprehension and disdain, luckily hidden behind his Beakie helmet. Inquisitors were bad for business when your business was apropriating the relics of other chapters in less than legitimate ways for your own chapter. "Inquisitor," he says cooly, "I hope you do not mind consorting with Xenos, as it appears this lot does not." Quintus remembers the time he served with the Deathwatch; managed to assemble a full suit of power armor from pieces taken from the Watch Station armory over the course of six months. Was able to claim that it was bestowed as a gift to the Blood Ravens by the Deathwatch for valiant service, gave himself a good laugh when he entered that one into the Chapter "archives."

He then turns to Eadian, "You say that as if it was a bad thing. This planet could use a good scouring of xenos filth."

• Locked thread