Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Murdah Wrathbeard
Da Kaptin of Industry

"So'z what ur sayin is, each of yaz has a job dat needs doin, an ya do it?"

The massive creature rubbed its metal gob, the metal nice and shiney for the meeting. A few of the grey-skins had worked up the courage to come talk to him and so he obliged their... pitiful conversation, it had to be said. He didn't know what he was expecting. He was an Ork apart, a boy that did far too much thinking for his own good. Despite all that he found the Tau incredibly dull. They spent lots of time talking and thinking too, but about all the wrong things. Still, their greater good intrigued him. For every duty that needed to be done, a Tau stepped in to fill the need. And they did it gladly, or so they said, without all the nonsense that the humans tended to get up to.

"That is... correct, Honored Guest. We all do what is required of us, each serving the Empire the manner most suited to them, for the Greater Good. We each have a job and we do it,"

Most orkz would've appreciated the summary at the end. But behind their pretty language, Wrathbeard heard the insults. The way they talked slower, deliberately tried to dumb down what they were saying. He'd promised to behave himself, and besides the grog wasn't half bad as things went. Still, he felt prejudices niggling at him every time they whispered behind his back words that he couldn't understand but had learned the meaning of years ago. Just a dumb brute brought along for muscle. He tried to not let it bother him. After all, Orkz weren't predisposed to deep thinking or polite coversation. They might be forgiven for their insensitivity to his particular... condition. But every sentence was another poke, a jab that tempted him to respond in the way they expected. To live up to all they thought of him.

He contented himself by delivering verbal stabs of his own, rather than physical stabs from his stabbah.

"Da'z not all that unlike da Orkz. Yo'z a mek, a dok, a boss or one of da boyz, and ya each gotz a thing dat ya'z good at. An when all da boyz are workin togetha there ain't nuffin dat can get in da way withought gettin stomped flat. But ya see, da orks have evolved past da need for 'duty' or 'ideology.' We do what we do 'cuz dats what we do. No need to muk about worryin' why or who's servin what. For us life is straightforward, peaceful compared to da rest of ya. Our purpose in da galacksee is self-evident, we dun have to spend time thinking about it we just get on with what needs doin. But I'll admit you'z got a decent enuff idea greyskin, if'n ya logic is a bit primative. Da Greatah Good is a bit... insubstanshul ya? A bit easy to weed yer way out of it when things get a bit rough, an aftah all who are ya includin in "Da Greatah Good?" I'll give credit where credit is due though. If ya wasn't all such weedy gitz I might even say yoz got potenshal, but dat would just be me manners talkin. I'm gonna get anuvva grog, hur hur hur..."

He sauntered over to the big table with all the food and drinks. He stopped where the Eldar food was. Tiny little slivers of things, and his inner ork rejected everything about them. However, after a few more steps his inner ork remembered he was also very curious as a rule. He turned around and gingerly picked up one of the tiny forks in his hand, and those assembled had the most surreal sight of an Ork daintily sample a few of the Eldar dishes.

At that particular moment, the human lord and Tau commander came over in a huff. For his part, Wrathbeard was trying a combination of a sparkly grog with one of the Eldar dishes and he had to admit, together they weren't half bad. Then the human command pulled out a bolt pistol and blew the greyskin's head all over the table, and a good bit of blood and gore got all over the Ork.

He was stunned a moment, then he pointed at them and started laughing, deep bass laughter that shook his whole body. Then a Fire Warrior bullseyed the Lord in the stomache, causing him to keel over and Wrathbeard to laugh even harder. He was laughing so hard he toppled over the table, giving himself and the others a bit of impromptu cover.

"Oh zog, dis is da best dinnah party evah hurhurhur..."

As he reached about himself to assemble his massive Snazzgun, he leaned up over the table and yelled to the room, "I didn't shoot first! If I'z shoot back, is completely in self defense now! Oh I've always wanted to say that and it be true!"

Wrathbeard is down either way. He isn't much for authority figures in general so if you shoot the Lord he'll probably remember this as the best humie party he's ever been to.

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel			
57	44	72	70	28	58	29	31	20	
Wounds: 21/21        Fate: 2/2

Combat related skills: Demolitions +20
Toughness Bonus: 14 (Unnatural Toughness x2)
BQ Squighides : Body/Arms/Legsl 4
Iron Gob: Head 2, +10 to intimidate

Name			Type	Range	Fire	Damage		Armor Pen  	Ammo	Reload	
BQ Snazzgun 	        Heavy	90m	S/4/8	1d10+11I  	2		200	4 Full	
Special: Storm, Reliable, Twin-linked, Inaccurate, Unwieldy, +5 to BS/WS

GQ Solo-Boltgun		Pistol	100m	S/3/–	1d10+4I		0		18	Full	
Special: Inaccurate, Reliable, +5 to BS/WS

BQ Choppa		Melee	000m	S/–/–	1d10+10R		2		-	-	
Special: Unbalanced, Sparky Nobs (Shocking), +5 to BS/WS

Bulging Biceps - No need to brace heavy weapons
Da Neskt Best Fing - Count every 2 non-orks as orks for Mob Rule)
Exotic Weapon Training (Rokkit Launcha, Deffgun)
Furious Assault - On successful All out Attack, spend reaction to make another
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Iron Jaw - Toughness test to avoid being stunned
Jaded - normal horrors don't cause fear tests
Lissen Ta Me, Coz I'z da Biggest! - Might Makes Right applies to non-orks
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Rapid Reload - half reload time
Resistance (Fear) - +10 bonus to fear checks
Runtz x1
Sanctioned Xenos - Avoid 'trust not the alien' penalties
Sound Constitution x3
Sturdy - +20 to resist grapple and knockdown 
Talented (Tech-Use)
True Grit - Halve critical damage
Worky Gubbinz -  Tech-Use to improve weapons, Ork weapons count as reliable
Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

quote:

Name: Murdah Wrathbeard
Career: Ork Freebootah / Mekboy
Klan: Death Skullz
Know-Wotz: Mekboy

Characteristics:
WS :57 = 35+12 + 5 + 5
BS :44 = 15+14 + 5 + 5 + 5
S :72 = 35+17 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
T :60 = 30+10 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
AG :28 = 20+8
Int:58 = 15+18 + 5 (Mekboy) + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5
Per:29 = 20+9
WP :31 = 20+11
Fel:28 = 15+8 + 5

Wounds: 21
Insanity: 0
Corruption:///////
Fate points: 2

Skills:
Awareness (Per)
Barter (Fel)
Carouse (T)
Common Lore (Orks) (Int)
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Demolition (Int) +20
Dodge (Ag)
Intimidate (Str) +20
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Speak Language (Ork) (Int)
Tech-Use (Int) +30
Trade (Armourer) (Int) +20

Talents:
Bulging Biceps
Da Neskt Best Fing (Count every 2 non-orks as orks for Mob Rule)
Exotic Weapon Training (Rokkit Launcha, Deffgun)
Furious Charge
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Iron Jaw
Jaded
Lissen Ta Me, Coz I'z da Biggest! (Might Makes Right applies to non-orks)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Fear)
Runtz x1
Sanctioned Xenos
Sound Constitution x3
Sturdy
Talented (Tech-Use)
True Grit
Worky Gubbinz
Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

Traits:
'Ard (Unnatural Toughness x2, Sturdy, Iron Jaw, True Grit)
Additionally, all Medicae tests to treat the injuries of an Ork gain
a +20 bonus, due to the Ork’s robust physiology.

Made Fer Fightin' (Furious Assault, Xenos Weapon Training (Ork)

Make it Work (Ork Weapons aren't unreliable)

Might Makes Right:
When dealing with other Greenskins (Gretchin, Snotlings, other Orks),
an Ork mayuse the Intimidate skill to perform all the normal functions
of the Command Skill, affecting a number of subordinate
Greenskins equal to his Strength Bonus. When dealing with
non-Greenskins, the Ork does not get this bonus.

Mob Rule:
For every additional Ork within 10m, the Ork’s Willpower
is increased by +10 to resist the effects of Fear and Pinning.

Death Skull
-Always count as having Charm
-Tech Use as trained

Items:
Best Quality Snazzgun (Combi-Deffgun)
Heavy 90m S/4/8
Dam: 1d10+11 Pen 2
Clip: 100
Reload: 4 Full
Special: Inaccurate, Unreliable, Unweildy, Twin-linked, Storm
Quality: +5 to Ballistic Skill Tests, Counts as Reliable
Weight: 100kg

Good Craftsmanship Slugga
Best Quality Choppah
Best Quality Squig-hide coat and leggings (AP4 all but head)
Boss Hat (Snazzy)
Iron Gob (+10 Intimidate, AP2 Head stacks with other AP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"Right, far be it for me to tell ya yer buziness, but I think you's going about dis all wrong. First off," he grabs a large water jug, the tiny foam cups having been scattered by the firefight and rips the top off of it, dumping it all over the burning, screaming Tau, "Dok, c'mere and fix up dis here greyskin. An as fer this ovva one 'ere, wot do you think he's gonna tell ya? Even if we did find out where dis fing is, dey'd 'splode it as soon as we got anywhere near it. Nah, here's what we do. Little greyskin, gets on dat talky-box in yer helmet and call ya boss and get'm down 'ere. Likes is yoz already did dat, but do it again and tell him it is gonna go like dis: You bring us dis piece of 'oomie kit wot dis lot is so keen on. In exchange we'z gonna give ya da bits and grog what we brought ta trade in da first place. Once dat is done, our mission is complete. O' course, the mission said we'z bringing some /thing/ back, didn't mention bringing /somebody/ back. So'z once our trade is complete, we'll leave dis smashed up 'oomie boss for ya to krump at yer leishah fer ruining dis here dinnah party. We part ways having engaged in good, honest commerce and all of us da bettah for it. Sound good ya? Might even say iz da Greatah Good. Yoz tell yer boss dat, too."

Going to use Command to tell this Tau to tell the other Tau to bring us what we want. Since I'm an Ork, I can use Intimidate instead of command. Strength 72 + 20 + 10 = TN102

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Wrathbeard

He listens to the Greyskin and nods slowly. Then he starts humming a little tune and collecting the fallen soldier's pulse rifles, grenades and so forth. After all, it wasn't a fight if there wasn't lootin' involved. His mind worked slowly, mentally picking apart the weapons and figuring out how they might be improved. They might make a mean blasta or maybe even a zzapy gun with a bit of tweaking, but that wasn't very satisfying in the end. After all, he had his snazzgun. He could keep adding to it. You could never have enough dakka, after all. But diminishing marginal returns and so forth.

"Right, well dat was me good deed for da day. I'z gonna go take a look around. See if der's anything dat they've left "lightly guarded." I've always wanted one of dose greyskin shooty-suits, wot fly about with all da zappy guns an such. Or maybe one of those hovah tanks. Dat'd be some good lootin, dat."

Murdah is going to go score some loot from these guys. See if some high ranking fire caste "left" his battlesuit laying around, or maybe if there are some vehicles nearby that can be improved.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

wiegieman posted:

"How quickly can you dismantle an unoccupied, unfamiliar heavy robotic combat frame?"

~Meanwhile, in Wrathbeard's mind, a vision appears. A vision of an Ork, an ork in some flash armor... Armor that he could make. But he could only see a glimpse of it, from behind...

...Well that only made sense. After all, this was obviously a vision of the future. That meant that he was in the past, so of course he'd be looking at himself in the future from behind. The past is always behind the future, but regardless, that was some flash armor, and Murdah Wrathbeard needed it and by the gods he needed it right now.~

While in the real world, the ork Mek seems to look off into the distance while M4X talks, and takes several seconds after the question is finished before Murdah finally responds.

"'Sorry, wot? Oh, 'ow fast can I get to krumpin one of them flash greyskin dreadz? Do you know where one iz? If you knowz where one iz den you'd best be tellin me, cuz I've gotz lootin ta do."

The ork is visibly excited and seems ready to run to the nearest location of a Tau battlesuit.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Werix posted:

Quintus
He then turns to Eadian, "You say that as if it was a bad thing. This planet could use a good scouring of xenos filth."

Wrathbeard

"Hur hur hur, keep talking like dat Beakie an I'll channel the full extant o' me boot into yer face," the ork says, good naturedly. But then his face becomes serious, "An don't go breaking any of dem bitz I was gonna be lootin neither, I want one of dem flash dreadz. I has... planz fer it."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"I dun get you oomies sometimes. I mean sure, strapping da body of our formah boss to the front of dis ere floaty-wagon, well... It'd be sort of like strapping a grot ya krumped to da front of yer trukk. You's sending a message, but what kind of message is ya sending? Dat humie boss, if'n he still had a skull, well it wouldn't be one you'd want at the top of yer bosspole if you take my meaning."

The massive ork sets his accumulated guns, bitz and loot on the floor of the devilfish, looking around the cockpit and trying to figure out the workings of it. However, he had other work to do and it dawned on him that he had no idea where he was going in any case. He gets up and stomps back to the troop area, looking around at the assembled group. Deep down, a part of him died. Stuck in a trukk with a 'oomie mek, a beakie weirdboy and a couple of greyskins. He needed to take his mind off his misery and so he points to one of the Tau.

"Oi, Greyskin, get up 'ere and drive us to where you keep yer big gunz. Ya know, da guards of dis research facility nearby. I want to engage in a bit of commerce on the side while we're 'ere. I'z gonna get to workin on deez bitz. Do ya think one of yer Fire Boss' would trade a shooty-suit fer a bit of kustomization to dis 'ere trukk? Iz not bad but it could be fasta and it isn't even painted red. Wot kind of meks do you has wot doesn't even paint yer trukks red?"

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Incy posted:

Elana

"Commerce?"

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah

He gets out, still fiddling with what is slowly becoming a... thing. A large number of the Tau pulse rifles have disappeared from his pile, and seem to have been cobbled together into some kind of cohesive... thing. However it seemed unfinished, which might have been even more frightening considering the Ork was tampering with plasma containment fields.

The Mek is also not pleased with their destination, "Oi, I said I wanted to talk to ya Fire Boss, I dun care about dis hoomie bit. What're we doing here? I want to acquire one of dem shooty-suits fer me personal experimentashun."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

The ork looks... annoyed, as he listens to the back and forth between Quintus and M4X.

"Oi, Zog da boof of ya. I'z da barbarian? Lookit you Mistah "da machines have souls wot must be appeased" and yer friend, "Rawr I'z gonna smash anyfing dat isn't loik me." Perhaps you'll find dat da real barbarianz... Is yerselves."

He walks up to the Kroot, the overall shape of his new Megablaster almost complete. He throws the unnecessary bits and guns he wasn't going to use to the side and roots around in his pockets before producing a handfull of gold tusks, "I believe dis should covvah da cost of admission. I'z gonna go lookit dem Shooty-Suits wots on dat sign der. Call yer boss an 'ave him come down. I'd like ta make a trade fer one of dem.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"No thanks, I gotz enuff hats right now. What I would like is fer you to call yer fire-boss. See, I wanna trade fer one of dem ovah der," he points over to the exhibit with all the battle suits, "An' before you apologize and say 'sorry sir, does onez ain't fer sale,' let me emphasize..."

He reaches around to his back and unhooks his Snazzgun, setting it on the desk like he's demo-ing it for the Kroot to observe. He then retrieves a small card from somewhere on his person and places it on the desk as well.

"Me name's Murdah Wrathbeard, the proprietah of Happy Ork Kustom Jobs, yer one-stop mek-shop fer all yer bitz, burnahs and bobs. I'z a serious buyer, collectah and creatah of all fings dat smash, bash, burn, shoot, stab, zapp an' krump. I am sure yer supahvisor will appreciate dat."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah

The Ork takes his gun and card back and gives a toothy grin, looking over at D'jasper. What he wanted was here, he could see it, but something was nagging at him, "Are ya sure dis bit of 'oomie tek is actually here? It seems kinda... I dunno. Laid back fer being a sekkrit base."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

He tries, he really does. Everything in him rebelled against accepting the offer a free foam hat. But eventually his pride gives way to his lootin' instincts and he goes back and grabs a foam drone 'at of his own, a stark contrast to the iron gob and the assorted guns and bits sticking off him. However, when there is a sound of glass shattering he looks over at Quintus...

Murdah puts his face in his hands and shakes his head as he watches Quintus go, "Wot, dinna they teach ya mannahz in Beakie-skool? Fer Gorkz sake yooz gettin' glass everywhere..." he turns to the Kroot with a sympathetic look... a strange sight on an ork, especially one with a foam hat and iron gob, "I'z sorry about 'im, e'z a bit... speshul. Not really used ta dealin wiff people, I'll covah wot he'z breakin'."

• Locked thread