Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Exlorator M4X1MU5

"Ah. The shooting. I was wondering when we would reach this stage. Max does a quick scan of the advancing Xenos. "Shoot the one in the white helmet. He is their squad leader." Two independent weapon systems track the target in question while he hauls the noblemen down to a triage position, unpleasantly gleaming medical tools at the ready. "Take care not to harm my artifact. I want to know what was so important."

Medicae on our meal ticket, at TN 120.

Hellgun and Archeotech laspistol firing at my BS, preferably at a Tau I can recognize as important with FL Xenos. Laspistol uses up my reaction.

pre:
Combat Block:
WS  BS  STR TGH AGI INT PER WIL FEL 
36  54  45  67  32  70  36  36  29

BC Plasma Gun           90m S/2/– 1d10+7 E 6 40 5 Full Overheat
	(maximal)          100m S/2/- 2d10+7 E 8 40 5 Full Overheat, Recharge
GC Hellgun             110m S/3/– 1d10+4 E 7 30 2 Full
	(Shoulder Mount)
BC Archeotech Laspistol 90m S/3/– 1d10+3 E 2 70 1 Full Accurate, Reliable
	(in mechadendrite)

AP 12 Head, 13 Other

FP:3/3
Movement: 3/6/9/12
Wounds: 15
Init: 1d10 + 3
Dodge: +10

Name: M4X1MU5
Race: Human
Career: Explorator
Origin Path (450/500):
 Forge World
 Savant
 Archeotechnologist (250)
 Dark Voyage - FL Xenos
 Wealth
 Lineage: Proven to be Pure (200)

Insanity: 2
Corruption: 0
Wounds: 11 +4
Fate: 3

Characteristics:
 WS:  25 + 14 -5 +0 = 36 
 BS:  25 + 14 +0 +0 = 39 + 15 = 54
 STR: 25 + 10 +0 +0 = 35 + 10 = 45
 TGH: 25 + 17 +0 -3 = 42 + 25 = 67 
 AGI: 25 + 12 +0 +0 = 37 - 5  = 32
 INT: 25 + 19 +8 +3 = 55 + 15 = 70
 PER: 25 + 11 +0 +0 = 36  
 WIL: 25 + 11 +0 +0 = 36  
 FEL: 25 + 9  +0 +0 = 34 - 5  = 29

Skills:
 Awareness +10
 Chem-use
 Common Lore (Tech, Machine Cult) (Int) +10 
 Dodge +10
 Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus) +20 (Int)
 Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
 Literacy (Int)
 Logic (Int) +10
 Medicae +20
 Tech-Use (Int) +30
 Trade (Technomat, Armourer, Explorator) (Int)
 Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) (Int)
 Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua) (Int)

Talents:
 Technical Knock
 Peer (Academic)
 Resistance (Psychic Powers)
 Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
 Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
 Logis Implant
 The Flesh is Weak 2
 Autosanguine
 Talented (Tech-use, listed above)
 Binary Chatter 
 Electro Graft Use
 Machinator Array
 Mechadendrite Use (Weapon)
 Mechadendrite Use (Utility) 

Traits:
 Stranger to the Cult
 Mechanicus Implants
 Unnatural Intelligence (X2)
 Machine 2

Gear:
 1 Heirloom Item d100= 11, Best Archeotech Laspistol
 good-Craftsmanship hellgun
 good-craftsmanship power axe
 Enforcer light carapace
 multikey
 void suit
 injector
 sacred unguents
 micro-bead
 combi-tool
 dataslate
 Servo-Skull Familiar

Acquisitions:
 Good Cortex Implant (vrare -20, single +30, good -10 = 0)
 Best Power Armor (vrare -20, single +30, best -30 = -20)
 Best Mezoa Plasma Gun (vrare -20, single +30, best -30 = -20)
Positive acquisitions:
 Common MIU
 MIU Weapon Uplink
 Cranial Armor
 Subdermal Armor
 Ballistic Mechadendrite
 Medicae Mechadendrite
 Auspex (Insert line from the hit thriller "Xenos")
 Diagnostor
 Medikit 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Energy crits! I didn't even get to use the plasma rifle.

Also, do we really need to kill this guy before we get paid? I just saved him from certain, slow bleedout, and it'd be easy to put him back into one. We can space him after we get paid, maybe get him to sign over his ship or something. Hell, we have an ork, he can force the guy to anything.

M4X

Kicking the table aside and stomping towards the wounded xenos, the hulking explorator only has one thing one his mind. "Where is the artifact? You will tell me or I will vivisect you. His surgical suite is whirring very disconcertingly, and his weapon systems rack and reload. "Speak, and you will live. Stay silent, and I will extract the information while you die a most agonizing death."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"Excellent choice, xeno. You get to keep your limbs." M4X turns to the captain. "It is clear we require further intelligence. I will attempt to locate an uplink to the local noospheric network. If not, we can simply march forth and take what is the Omnissiah's.

Gonna do hacky techpriest stuff to get the direction and layout of the facility we're gonna hit, if we don;t make a deal for the stuff. Tech-use is 100 before gear.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

Returning to the captain, M4X relays the good news."I have the location, layout, and disposition of the Xeno base. Should negotiations fail, a surgical strike at the creatures' heavy armor would allow us to easily overcome the remaining personnel, who are few in number. He pauses, looking at the receptionist being badgered. "It would be wise to give this man whatever will cause him to quit your presence as soon as possible." He then turns to the Ork "technician." "How quickly can you dismantle an unoccupied, unfamiliar heavy robotic combat frame? Further, how quickly can you dismantle an occupied one?"

Do I know where any nearby transportation is from the map I downloaded? If so can I make it sit up and beg?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"We should bring our former employer's remains with us. The body could prove a useful point of... illustration."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"Captain, please! Even small blasphemies offend the Omnissiah." If the hulk of metal could communicate distaste, he would. "This fey contraption pales before the might of humanity's craft. Where are the armor plates, the flexible fuel systems, the choral reciters? But we digress. Clearly, the... 'quality' of the guards shows that this is a valuable facility." Somehow, an artificial voice can appear sarcastic.

A quick check to the records suggests their next move. "The entrance to our destination is camoflauged within this pititable attempt at Xeno propaganda." He turns to the Tau driver. "Pilot! Inform your commanders that we are here to complete our deal, and that the individual who so unwisely disrupted it has been dealt with. You may also wish to inform them that their network security is lacking."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"That should not be difficult. These particular Xenos are notorious for over-valuing their line personnel. The return of their remaining soldiers without further damage will prove a powerful bargaining chip, or at least enough of one to cause them to part with some of their techno-heretical trash."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"If you can restrain yourself for a short duration, Librarian, we can finish our business and be off this despicable rock all the sooner. The very ether is thick with the squealing of tech-heresy. Perhaps our pet barbarian can scrape together whatever leavings he desires along the way." He turns to the sad excuse for a Kroot. "Guard! Stand aside, we are entering."

aw jeez M4X is super racist isn't he

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 17, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

Never let it be said that the Mechanicus does not know its business. "As far as the Tau information network is concerned, it is. External schematics and infrastructure suggest a facility of some size concealed underneath this one, with a small but slightly over-provisioned military complement." He pauses. "It is unlikely that this information is fabricated. The Tau do not have internal conflicts, and like many species have a low opinion of human technical aptitude, usually due to the standardized military model they are exposed to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

Clearly, the Xenos were employing the same form of passive psychological attack employed by the Administratum. Strange, that there was no triplicate paperwork as normal. Such methods were ultimately futile when employed against those whose motive force is supplied by nuclear batteries, and whose auto-quills had no hand muscles to cramp.

That, or they were simply this boring. What kind of culture doesn't have a little internal assassination?

Nevertheless, the way forward was clear. "There is no reason for us to linger like common 'sightseers'. The storage area is approximately halfway through this facility's planned route."

• Locked thread