Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

If rar was town she'd have hammered herself by now

Only stupid unhelpful town do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

If rar was town scum would have hammered her by now

Maybe all the scum are voting for her hmmm?

Tremendous Taste posted:

If rar was town she'd have hammered herself by now

Tremendous Taste posted:

If rar was town she wouldn't be PGO

And I don't see the logic behind this. I actually agree with KB, I don't think rar is the right vote today.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wall monitor is clearly town too. do not vote for wall monitor or kumba. also probably KB too. vote for Rurea or EXAKT

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey who wants to switch to Rurea? I'd vote them too.

Right now I'd prefer to lynch Taste, WM or you in that order.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rurea posted:

Maybe all the scum are voting for her hmmm?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yep Rurea is definitely scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

What the gently caress is this?

I can't tell you, KB. ##vote Rurea

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I need to reread and respond to pinmom. I'm still feeling that one.

But I'll think about Rurea too.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

gently caress it I'm going to assume Taste is being deliberately vague for reasons, whatever

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

wall monitor posted:

gently caress it I'm going to assume Taste is being deliberately vague for reasons, whatever

Poque posted:

Taste: Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not vague at all

I fake claimed and she spazzed and yall droolin about it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I call the thunder down

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I still dont see anything remotely close to spazzing

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
god DAMNIT Meinberg TT

##vote rurea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

Yep Rurea is definitely scum.

What's the case on Rurea?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I call the thunder down

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's not vague at all

I fake claimed and she spazzed and yall droolin about it

Okay then.

##vote Rarity

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (4): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, wall monitor
Rurea (3): Poque, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu
Tremendous Taste (1): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Rarity
Pinterest Mom (1): King Burgundy
Kumbamontu (0): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, CCKeane, EXAKT Science
wall monitor (0): Rarity, Rurea, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Rarity, Rurea
King Burgundy (0): EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Rarity, Rarity, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu
Poque (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste
CCKeane (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (1): Rurea

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 21 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wanted to avoid a no-dunk? this is a clown accusation.

Am I the only one that thinks it is crazy to vote someone you think is town just to avoid a no cuddle? This seems insane to me. It's not like we didn't already have a flip to go on thanks to Poque's vig. IMHO you should have been pushing hard for the people you thought WERE scum, but you didn't do that. You haven't really pushed for anything.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand what your issue is with these two posts. Because changelings are a thing on DS9, I think it's possible that either there's a scum flavour cop who uses those results somehow (so that's the world where you're scum) or that there are changelings who have replaced players with "town" flavour (like Dax) or maybe both.

I don't know that either is more likely than not, but I think it's worth considering, and I think those are the scenarios under which you or Taste are scum. Asking someone "do you believe this" is a sanity check on their case.

My issue with the posts isn't the content. It is the intent. This goes along with the rest of your game so far where you don't seem to be really standing behind anything. You are straddling the line on any opinion, as I said.

Moving on:

Pinterest Mom posted:

You only did that after the flip though after giving up the opportunity to dunk wall monitor instead the day before. If you had come on to wm after I and Exakt voted for him, it would have been 5-5. Instead, you refused to, saying it wasn't sporting.

merk was the dunk because no other case got enough momentum, and that happened in part because you refused to jump on wm. That smacks to me of someone standing by letting something happen, only to try to take "well I warned you~" credit afterwards.

Yeah, it also happened in part because you voted him even though you didn't think he was scum. You also had other options there.

To be clear, this is the vote you are criticizing Keane for not following:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think i like the wm vote better than kumba
##vote wm

Yeah. You really pushed this hard.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PinMom, if you are around, I'd love to here who you actually think is scum right now. Top 3 or so.

From your last two votes, I can hazard a guess that possibly it is Rarity at #1 and Rurea at #2. But I'd love it if you put some words behind it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

s/here/hear

:(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
day 1 no lynch is always a bad idea

i think there was one instance where someone made a good argument for no lynching but it involved an open setup, and even then it was debatable

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

day 1 no lynch is always a bad idea

i think there was one instance where someone made a good argument for no lynching but it involved an open setup, and even then it was debatable

So put in that same situation you'd vote for someone you were 100% sure was town just to avoid the no cuddle?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

So put in that same situation you'd vote for someone you were 100% sure was town just to avoid the no cuddle?

this is a false dichotomy, as no one was (and still isn't, unless they're scum) 100% sure of anyone's alignment. really bad argument made not in good faith imo.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

this is a false dichotomy, as no one was (and still isn't, unless they're scum) 100% sure of anyone's alignment. really bad argument made not in good faith imo.

Fine, 75%?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

yes i definitely would

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm just trying to figure out where the line is on this. Because it doesn't make sense to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

yes i definitely would

Hrmph. Okie dokie then. I guess I'm the unusual one.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing you control as town, outside of your own personal night action and results, is the lynch. that is the only information that is readily accessible by everyone, and the scum already know the alignment of most of the game (barring 3Ps they are unaware exist). in order to get the most information into the hands of the town, you MUST lynch people, especially early on. you can make cases later on to not lynch, but D1 not doing anything is just giving the scum the chance to kill someone that night and starting from scratch D2, giving them the advantage. it's a very bad idea.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Hrmph. Okie dokie then. I guess I'm the unusual one.

in a game of an informed minority vs an uninformed majority, you always want more information into the hands of the majority to give you a better chance of making good decisions, even if you lose people in the short run.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
anyway, enough mafia dadding for one day

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
people i am willing to murder: rarity, rurea, exakt, TT, wm

not necessarily in that order, but preferably between rarity/rurea/exakt imo. exakt moved up the list because i really dont like how he just dropped in and was like "sup guys, gonna vote this person and literally say nothing else even after i've been talked about"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

PinMom, if you are around, I'd love to here who you actually think is scum right now. Top 3 or so.

From your last two votes, I can hazard a guess that possibly it is Rarity at #1 and Rurea at #2. But I'd love it if you put some words behind it.

i don't know what else you want me to say? Rarity's reaction to Taste's fake claim is fishy, and Rurea's reaction to being pressured was super artificial.

#3 is Keane.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Though, yeah, Exakt has not even bothered justifying a single thing he's done all game, has he

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

people i am willing to murder: rarity, rurea, exakt, TT, wm

Sweet, I got pushed back to #5. Moving up in the world :dance:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My wincon is basically impossible right now. I'm trying to get Sisko executed, but that just isn't going to happen.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

My wincon is basically impossible right now. I'm trying to get Sisko executed, but that just isn't going to happen.

Wait, what? 3P claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote EXAKT lol

• Locked thread