Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i think i'm fine with either EXAKT or PMom really.

even though I think pmom is the scum, i disagree that we can't lynch him based on whatever his claimed results are with 5 left. if it feels like a lie, it probably is. i don't really care about "confirmation" of his claim since i think the claim isn't true.

guessing he's a rolecop/hatermaker and not an oracle/hatermaker. oracle is a great CYA claim to make as a final scum especially with a claimed 3p already out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Actually I definitely want EXAKT first, because KB isn't really confirmed. i'm not even considering the possibility of voting KB today, but seeing EXAKT's flip would make me feel a lot better about a scenario in which we:

- lynch EXAKT today
- use KB's power on PMom tonight
- use said results to determine the next day's lynch

we have enough night control tonight where we can for certain get those results.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Poque posted:

Actually I definitely want EXAKT first, because KB isn't really confirmed. i'm not even considering the possibility of voting KB today, but seeing EXAKT's flip would make me feel a lot better about a scenario in which we:

- lynch EXAKT today
- use KB's power on PMom tonight
- use said results to determine the next day's lynch

we have enough night control tonight where we can for certain get those results.

Yeah, this works for me.

##vote Exakt

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote EXAKT

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
my only hangup on that is that you admit KB isn't confirmed, and then want to trust KB's night action which if it isn't the cop action, will just be flavor that is probably true anyway

KB's night action results are not confirmable and ultimately don't matter tbqh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the purpose of this is that I would trust KB's results given EXAKT flipping what he's claiming.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i don't see a situation where EXAKT is a lyncher on scum KB, because PMom and Keane would still have conflicting claims

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ooooooooh. Okay I didn't think of that that way, fair enough. Still KB could technically be a 3P lynchee but that'd be real strange

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Actually that'd be my only concern - if KB is a 3P lynchee and we lynch Exakt, KB leaves the game victorious cause he didnt die, then whoever the last scum is successfully NKs someone and boom Keane wins with the scum. This might be :tinfoil: territory though

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:mrwhite: ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Actually that'd be my only concern - if KB is a 3P lynchee and we lynch Exakt, KB leaves the game victorious cause he didnt die, then whoever the last scum is successfully NKs someone and boom Keane wins with the scum. This might be :tinfoil: territory though

What?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

For sake of argument, assume Pmom is scum and lying about # of threats. If Exakt is a 3P lyncher, it's not outside the realm of possibility that KB, his target, is a 3P lynchee whose goal is just to survive until the lyncher dies. If we kill Exakt, in this scenario KB would leave the game a winner, leaving 5 people alive going into night. Scum successfully kill someone, leaving 1 scum + you vs 2 town, and town loses.

This is really :tinfoil: though as I just realized this requires you to think there were 3 scum + 3 3P in a 13 player though, which is probably crazy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
do lynchees usually leave the game? wouldn't that just be a modified survivor?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

do lynchees usually leave the game? wouldn't that just be a modified survivor?

I don't think I've ever actually played a game with a lyncher/lynchee before so I honestly don't know

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
like it's hard to believe a lynchee would exist in a game with a survivor, that'd just be super mean to the Survivor

it'd be like having a doctor and a town jailer in the same game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poque posted:

like it's hard to believe a lynchee would exist in a game with a survivor, that'd just be super mean to the Survivor

it'd be like having a doctor and a jailer in the same game

Quark is eternally suffering!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was just trying to figure out if there were any potential holes in this plan and barring that I don't see a downside

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumba don't protect me tonight. Let Taste watch me. This narrows the options for the scum tonight and prevents us from doubling up.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Kumba don't protect me tonight. Let Taste watch me. This narrows the options for the scum tonight and prevents us from doubling up.

.....:eyepop:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't immediately understand why you were suggesting that but okay fair enough

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I dont' get it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poque posted:

I dont' get it

Scum can't kill KB without getting watched.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

LET'S DO THIS.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
but then they just kill Taste

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

but then they just kill Taste

If you really want to chat about this we can. Taste is our best possible night kill since hell come back.

That narrows the possible kill and protect targets significantly.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
or they kill me

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

or they kill me

If you don't self protect. If taste didn't switch up his watch to you. Etc. There is a bit of wifom. The only important thing is you don't protect me. I'll let you and taste play your best game of Chicken with the scum.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot about taste's revival claim.

i'm ready to evict exakt, would like pmom to talk though

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I'll let you and taste play your best game of Chicken with the scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4recrtm4cks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think it is PMom, actually.

Asiina said: Flavour and role and alignment are all very closely linked. Talking about your flavour may not be the best idea!

Scum have fake claims.

Right now we have seven:

KB: Sisko
Poque: Keira
Kumba: Bashir
Taste: Dax
Myself: Quark

Exakt: That Maquis Dickbag (Fakeclaim of Nog)
PMom: That Oracle person

Dead scum:
Rarity had a claim of General Martok

I believe Exakt's real and fake claim - he was making Ferengi references early enough.

All the claims make sense except for PMom's.

I don't like flavor arguments, but they are linked this game and think this makes sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote PMom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm pretty drat sure of this one.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Pinterest Mom (2): Kumbamontu, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Tremendous Taste, Poque, Poque, CCKeane, EXAKT Science, CCKeane, CCKeane
EXAKT Science (1): King Burgundy, Poque, Poque, Poque, CCKeane, Poque, CCKeane, CCKeane, Poque, Poque, CCKeane
Kumbamontu (1): Pinterest Mom
CCKeane (0): Poque, Poque, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (3): EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Poque

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 20th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 44 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The mafia arguments:

The principle argument I have here is his play today, especially w/r/t switching the non-town to threats to town - that's a HUGE change. Plus PMom has dropped off the map and let us discuss around him. His secondary ability is also one that is distinctly more useful to scum than town.

PMom if you are town, hammering yourself today would be the best move - we need your secondary ability out of the game and you're going to be under suspicion until you are voted off. If you are telling the truth re: Threats to town, we have a clear idea of who it is and we should be able to solve the game with night actions by eliminating Exakt tomorrow.

But I am serious business going all in on PMom being scum right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If PMom is actually town:

You need to get rid of Exakt tomorrow because otherwise scum can force a win by leaving themselves, KB, and Exakt alive on the last day. Exakt wins with scum by voting KB.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

enh ##vote pmom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

enh ##vote pmom

Unvote, take the hammer instead.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Unvote, take the hammer instead.

Unless you are scum and realized that you can't win.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
And the fact that went all gungho on me as soon as I cased him without actually casing me, and then when he posted this:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Two threats to DS9. Exakt + ?

If Exakt is scum, then that means that one of Poque/TT/KB is also a threat, or that you're a different kind of 3p than what you claim.

my name mysteriously vanished from his possible threat list, as if he didn't actually believe I was scum in the first place

preview edit: and then he puts himself at -1 instead loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Unless you are scum and realized that you can't win.

• Locked thread