Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Good game, PMom.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awww

##vote pmom

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
indeed, gg good flavor etc

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Pinterest Mom is hammered!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You jerks, I'm eating lunch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Captain, we think we've found Odo!"

It had been over three weeks since Odo went missing. They had given up all hope of ever tracking him down. Only Kira and Quark had kept up the search. People were starting to talk, since they had been spending all of their spare time together going over data logs and sensor sweeps. Sisko had just been thinking it may be time to sit them down and tell them to give up the search when they had burst into his office.

"Well, where is he?"

Kira took a deep breath, she wanted to be right about this.

"The night that Odo went missing there were some anomalous tachyon particles on the promenade. It was being dismissed as a phase converter out of shift, but I thought maybe it wasn't that, it was a subspace transceiver that had been modified to..."

"Ugh you're taking too long." Quark interrupted. "It doesn't matter how we found it, the important thing is that we know Odo is still here, on the station. We are able to track his shapeshifting. He's in one of the crew quarters on the habitat ring right now."

Captain Sisko stands up from behind his desk. He calls Dr. Bashir and security to Odo's location and heads there himself with Quark and Kira following close behind. It's time to find out just what's going on here.

quote:

They arrive outside the quarters. Bypassing the security override the doors fly open.

There is nobody in the room. Just some bare pieces of furniture.

"Odo! Odo, are you in here?"

There is no response.

"But, he has to be in here. All our scans showed it."

Suddenly the captain takes his phaser out and shoots one of the chairs. It glows and is disintegrated.

"Captain, what are you doing?!"

He shoots another chair, then the coffee table. All are destroyed.

Turning to shoot at a small end table in the corner it suddenly shimmers, its structure changing and morphing. It turns into the figure of a human.

Kira breathes a sigh of relief "Odo, why have you been hiding?" She moves towards the figure but Dr. Bashir holds her back.

"Not yet, Major."

The figure has coalesced into a woman. She has the same features as Odo, but they know her as The Founder, one of the leaders of the dominion who have been trying to take over the alpha quadrant for the last 3 years.

"Yes, I am sorry Major, but you will not find Odo here. He has been taken back to where he rightfully belongs and you will not see him again." The woman says calmly.

Kira attempts to go towards her, but Sisko moves first.

"Maybe, but you won't see him again either. You're going to spend the rest of this war in a federation prison."

"Hah, Federation prison. A cushy cell to await the destruction of your sector. It doesn't matter to me where I wait for victory."

Security flanks the woman as Sisko gestures for them to take her away. She walks towards the door.

"Not this time!"

Quark, grabbing Major Kira's disrupter shoots the woman square in the chest. Her face is freezes in a state of shock. Slowly, emanating from where the energy beam hit her, her body turns dark, flakes beginning to fall from her chest and onto the floor. In a matter of seconds she has turned entirely to ash, her face frozen in surprise before it collapses.

All present turn to face Quark.

"That was for Odo."

quote:

Only one floor down, Michael Eddington listens carefully to the commotion above. He had tapped into the station's sensors over a month ago and was well aware of the comings and goings of Captain Sisko, but had yet to be able to make a move against him. He, of course, didn't want to hurt any innocents, but he knew Sisko wouldn't stop searching for him.

However, this turn of events meant that the stations sensor systems would be improved to better find changelings, and in doing so they would find his equipment spying on them. It was time for him to go.

Even though he was leaving the station, he knew that he would be back to get Sisko. He knew that Sisko would never stop chasing him, that Sisko was obsessed with him. He would have to find him and kill him first. He just had to defend himself.

The Maquis were resourceful, and a Bajoran transport several days later had an undocumented passenger. While he did not accomplish his goal, Eddington would live to see another day.

quote:

Slowly life began to return to normal on the station. Kira and Quark were never able to find Odo, but they knew the founder would never have hurt him so that wherever he was, he was safe.

Sisko had wanted to press charges against Quark, but starfleet had decided that the method he devised to detect changelings was too valuable and Quark, businessman that he was, wouldn't give up his methods without immunity.

With the modifications starfleet was able to start capturing the changelings infiltrating their ranks. They were able to use these as bargaining chips against the dominion as the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta valued the lives of the founders above all else.

While there was still a long road ahead, the tragic loss of life on DS9 had lead to the beginning of the end of this war and a return to peace.

Pinterest Mom, The Founder, scum-aligned Rolecop/Ninja was disintegrated D3.

All threats to DS9 have been eliminated.

King Burgundy, Captain Benjamin Sisko, town-aligned Mysterycop/1-shot BP

Tremendous Taste, Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax, town-aligned Tracker-Watcher/Returner

Kumbamontu, Dr. Julian Bashir, town-aligned Doctor/Miller

Poque, Major Kira Nerys, town-aligned Honourbound 2-shot vig

Have survived and won for town.

CCKeane, Quark, self-aligned Gambler/Survivor

Keane has survived until the game ends and won.

EXAKT Science, Michael Eddington, Siskocop/Hanger

EXAKT has failed to get Sisko hanged and loses.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
rolecop/ninja! you were totally not dead yet

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So that's what it looks like when a scum team implodes, huh?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mod doc

Night action results flavour

Scumdoc

Wall monitor and Hurt's very sad 3 hour masonry

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
and haha KB was 1-shot BP. i'm glad you didn't claim that because it could've made me look even more like a serial killer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I enjoyed the heck out of reading this game! Thanks to all involved and GJ to KB

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Heck of well-played, ya'll.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

rolecop/ninja! you were totally not dead yet

I p. much was. Taste tracked me the last night, if he watched the NK target he would figure out I was a ninja.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mod thoughts!

So this game was designed with everyone having an active power and a passive power. Some were tied very closely to flavour, some were a bit of a stretch, but I wanted to make some interesting combinations. Some things I thought might happen:

- Cop getting an investigation but it's not watch/trackable so he gets called out on it.
- Sisko hitting the PGO and getting his cop investigation off but not dying, confusing the hell out of everyone since neither he nor the PGO would know when their passive was used up
- The vig surviving until LYLO and then either being impossible to kill or basically insta-hammered.

I've posted the moddoc, but here is a brief rundown of everyone's role

KingB
Sisko
Active: targets and gets a cryptic information about the role, flavour, or alignment. Order determined before the game started, but he doesn't know which
Passive: 1-shot BP

Taste
Dax
Active: Even night tracker, odd night watcher
Passive: When he dies his flip is hidden and he comes back one full cycle later as VT. If the game ends before he comes back, then too bad, so sad.

Kumba
Bashir
Active: Doctor
Passive: Miller
(This one was pretty boring/standard, sorry Kumba)

Poque
Kira
Active: 1 dayvig and 1 nightvig, have to be at least one cycle apart.
Passive: loved or hated based on who he vigged, these effects stack.

wall monitor
Odo
Active: Cop
Passive: Ninja
(also fairly boring)

merk
Worf
Active: Bodyguard
Passive: On nights he bodyguards he's also a self-watcher

Hiipfire
O'Brien
Active: Bus driver
Passive: If he ends the day with 1/4 of the votes then he automatically hides at night, replacing his drive.

Hurt
Jake
Active: At night he can create a 2-person unconfirmed masonry that continues on as long as they are both alive. Each night he can make a new masonry. So by N3 he could have 3 masonries.
Passive: Mod confirmed as town on D4.

Keane
Quark
Active: At night he picked up to 3 targets. If any of them were hanged the next day he'd get a boon to help him survive. The less targets he picked the stronger the boon.
Passive: Survivor
Note: I did this cause Survivor is usually boring and I wanted the survivor to actually care about the day a little.

EXAKT
Eddington
Active: Eccocop, could pick up to 4 people and find out if they are sisko
Passive: Wins if he gets Sisko hanged. If Sisko dies another way then he's VT. If Sisko is alive at the end of the game he loses.

Rurea
Kai Winn
Active: Framer. Anyone they target will investigate as scum
Passive: Godfather

Rarity
Dukat
Active: Roleblocker
Passive: PGO

PMom
The Founder
Active: Rolecop
Passive: Ninja

So some post-mortum thoughts about the game!

1) I wish there had been more people in the game. I had a lot of roles that were new for me and I found really interesting but either they died right away (hiipfire as bus driver, merk as bodyguard, hurt as mason recruiter) or I think they didn't really have room to breathe (which I'll talk more about later) and see what they could do to have an impact. I'd definitely like to reprise some of these roles in a future game, although probably not in these specific combinations. We'll see~

2) This game was VERY swingy and I'm extremely surprised it lasted until Day 3. Worst case scenario for scum is the game ends N1 and for town it's D2. Both sides were very, very strong. Again why some extra vanilla players would have been nice in order to make sure that can't happen. It did work out though, so I'm happy.

3) I don't know why the scum never used their rolecop. I thought it was the strongest power I gave them, with framer being the weakest. Ninja is good, but rolecop is very strong in a role madness game.

4) I am super happy with the participation in this game. I know ~setup spec~ is whatever, but I love when people try to figure the game out. Day 2 and Day 3 were really fantastic to read. You guys all did amazing and I love you all. No MVP, you were all equally wonderful.

5) I really liked KBs flavour-heavy cop and writing stuff that didn't really tell exactly what was happening, it made me feel like Ecco. BUT I should have written it all in advance. I didn't because I didn't want to spend huge amounts of time writing it and then have him die D1 and it all go to waste, but not writing it before the game started meant that I couldn't help but wonder if my bias was going to affect whether KBs rolecop would confirmed or reject PMoms claim if EXAKT had been the target today, especially since PMom's claim was something that was really close to what he actually did and how I would have probably described it anyway.

6) EXAKT playing against his wincon both in claiming and in giving up trying to either become town or get KB killed did give town a distinct advantage. It's fine if he wanted to play that way, but it did mess with the balance a little.

Some of my favourite moments
- O'Brien dying first like the chump that he is.
- Rarity making a fake case against merk that became a real case she didn't have to answer for.
- wall monitor being super confused by Taste's fake cop claim. I was yelling DON'T CLAIM at the screen during that.
- Both scum being considered for the hanging on D2 and then EXAKT comes in and 3P claims for absolutely no reason and they almost get away with it.
- N2 Taste tracking the Ninja and KB copping the godfather
- Also N2 WM copping the last scum and then getting killed the same night. Scum hadn't decided on their kill when I got WMs target and I was very sad that the game would end in a cop investigation turbo. So even though WM died for it, I'm glad it got to extend the fun because oh man was this last day fun.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

God drat I played bad. Good effort pmom but poque was really clever and had our number

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Very fun game everybody!

I'm also really glad that nobody pointed out that voting me off first would have been extremely logical.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Taste I think that's the best game I've ever seen you play. You were awesome.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also in hindsight we were too paranoid about being tracked and wanted to make use of ninja. I should have done all the kills as godfather and then we could have used the role cop. Framer feels so so so weak to me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
KB totally had the right idea, since before the day started I realized that if PMom, EXAKT, and Keane survived the day (and gotten a NK) he could just scumclaim, they could have hanged KB, and then he and the survivor would win.

It ended up not mattering because PMom was the last scum, but he totally had the same thought I did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Taste I think that's the best game I've ever seen you play. You were awesome.

Yeah, f'real. I think bluffing the claim out of Rarity is a large reason that town won the game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

Also in hindsight we were too paranoid about being tracked and wanted to make use of ninja. I should have done all the kills as godfather and then we could have used the role cop. Framer feels so so so weak to me

Yeah, framer can be strong but it's very hard to aim, especially early on. Only if you are absolutely sure someone is going to get a cop investigation that night is it the best choice of all your powers.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

KB totally had the right idea, since before the day started I realized that if PMom, EXAKT, and Keane survived the day (and gotten a NK) he could just scumclaim, they could have hanged KB, and then he and the survivor would win.

It ended up not mattering because PMom was the last scum, but he totally had the same thought I did.

There was no way we would've ever let that happen. i was like 97% sure we were in a situation where we could just slowplay the game to a victory, it was just deciding the order.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I was so excited when I got picked as a masonbuddy. I had this great idea where I could get Dr. Hurt to announce my results and thus be able to pass on information to the thread without being outed as cop

And then scum killed him

And I was sad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

There was no way we would've ever let that happen. i was like 97% sure we were in a situation where we could just slowplay the game to a victory, it was just deciding the order.

If PMom wasn't the scum, it would have happened!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Yeah, the amount of work I would have had to do vs the likelihood that you'd end up dunking Kumba over me... it wasn't a great ratio.

wall monitor posted:

I was so excited when I got picked as a masonbuddy. I had this great idea where I could get Dr. Hurt to announce my results and thus be able to pass on information to the thread without being outed as cop

And then scum killed him

And I was sad.

Oh man that is super good.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Also I did breadcrumb Keane as town (I guess I should have said not-scum, since that's the specific result I got) but I don't know how many people picked up on it. Like a lot of mafia things this was my first time trying to breadcrumb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Also I did breadcrumb Keane as town (I guess I should have said not-scum, since that's the specific result I got) but I don't know how many people picked up on it. Like a lot of mafia things this was my first time trying to breadcrumb

Both KB and I picked up on it, but his 3p claim kind of put a damper on it. You did good!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
This was really, really fun and I don't care that I got a boring role it was good anyway. Feeling like I actually contributed to a town victory for once is a nice breath of fresh air!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

If PMom wasn't the scum, it would have happened!

no, we were murdering one of those three. no question!

wall monitor posted:

And then scum killed him

And I was sad.

I was godfather in a masonry with the cop (Hal) and I offered to do this but he declined.

I thought it was perfect. :smith:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

This was really, really fun and I don't care that I got a boring role it was good anyway. Feeling like I actually contributed to a town victory for once is a nice breath of fresh air!

I love that you saw my bullshit post. I was trying so hard to discredit you, maybe too hard.

No hard feelings :sun:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Both KB and I picked up on it, but his 3p claim kind of put a damper on it. You did good!

Well if scum picked up on it then maybe I breadcrumbed too hard :v:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

I love that you saw my bullshit post. I was trying so hard to discredit you, maybe too hard.

No hard feelings :sun:

All is fair in love and arguing on the internet. :swoon:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wall Monitor you were great and I hope you keep playing too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Really, everyone was fantastic and put in a lot of effort. This was a well deserved victory.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Really though yeah the catalyst to our victory was TT's fakeclaim. I didn't have Rarity on my radar at all and once that happened it spiraled into victory. That pumpfake was a :master:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah it was a fun game with fun posters and I liked it~

(oh and I really did go to bed when I said I did :v:)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also, I'm not a big star trek guy and know almost nothing about it but the flavor was really cool and well done this game Asiina :sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I was planning on betraying scum if I got the chance.

I was going to make a deal and then say "A contract is a contract...BUT ONLY BETWEEN FERENGI!" and stab them in the back, but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Poque posted:

Wall Monitor you were great and I hope you keep playing too.

Hey, thanks!

Yeah, this was a blast. The end of D2 was pretty amazing and hooked me on playing more.

• Locked thread