Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh this is here now cool

hello yes i will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Not a single one of you sent me a PM. For shame.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
deep inside me i feel the need to confirm that i have the worst passive ever (I am a miller)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
okay so the only star trek i have seen is a.) wrath of khan b.) that one episode where data is the central focus and they discuss whether or not androids are actually sentient and c.) the two modern star trek movies

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're gonna have to narrow it down

cant sorry :(

true story though i watched that episode in class in high school as part of my "Theory of Knowledge" course because of some ambiguous definition of sentience and thinking or some other philosophical bs

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

My trigger finger is getting itchy!!!!

okay I think you should shoot..... CCKeane!!!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

Uh wow stealing my idea and not even citing your source?

Rurea I am very sorry I did not see your post, I will give you full credit for the idea as it is a good idea. My sincerest apologies for the most egregious of errors.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

CCKeane is dead, dummy.

oh no :( I am sorry to hear that, are you corpseposting? Is like this weekend web at bernie's?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
CCKeane more like CCMeane :(

if accidentally not reading posts was scummy then pretty much everyone in every game is scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also, serious post: I entirely reject the premise that it's scummy to not read posts. Whenever I'm scum I intentionally over-read the thread to make sure I'm not missing details to ensure I don't get caught in a lie. If anything as town I do exactly the opposite and my eyes tend to scroll past things cause I'm not really reading that closely especially early on

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can confirm that Kumba doesn't read as town.

Mega Man Mafia is definitely a great example of me missing a lot of obvious poo poo I should have noticed

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

So you are saying you aren't scum, just a lazy town player?

Not intentionally lazy, I just tend to miss details. I try to read everything I promise

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kumba is a good town player. This is dumb.

This response intrigues me the most, as I am a horrible town player

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

With a Mark Wahlberg avatar?

Especially from The Happening, his worst movie by several orders of magnitude

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am the penultimate level

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote drhurt

lurker dunk

##vote pmom

lurker call out already, buddying up to me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
merk who is the scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
merk has the same sort of jokey detached tone he had in CS:GO mafia where he was scum, the tone is not the standard S.C.U.M.H.U.N.T.E.R. tone I am accustomed to when he is actually trying to determine who is what

that may still be because ~jokephase~ but it's pinging my badguydar cause of the comment of the game not going anywhere

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote merk

i dont have much experience with hiip but they tend to not post very much in the beginning (see: mega man mafia) and they were town

only other game we were in together was capps' bendyman mafia in GBS which I don't count

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I was joking, I don't want to vote merk.

That said, if we are voting merk because it would be funny, I am okay with that. But assuming people Want To Win The Game, eh, its a misstep I'd bet.

is this because you don't think he's scum or because you know he's not scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
wow hiip got town busdriver two games in a row

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

I feel better about PMom now at least.

....??? what?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Trying to get Hurt to check in more, and you can't get blood from a stone.

(Hiip is always super lurky and non-contributory.)

this is pmom's only post about hiip

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

More people need to look at this weak rear end vote.

:agreed:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

wall monitor posted:

Yeah? And what does that make you, a jester?

(Is he a jester? :tinfoil:)

:eyepop:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
taste why are you talking to yourself

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Kumba jumped onto merk right after my case with a bad tone read and backed up my later challenge of merk's joke vote (a joke he should have got because he played in CS:GO). Reads like scum piggybacking onto my case while letting me take the heat for it.

a.) I made my own case, I wasn't piggybacking on yours
2,) It's not a bad tone read just because you happen to disagree with it
chair.) I replaced out of CS:GO mafia almost immediately due to RL poo poo, so I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about other than yeah, merk used a vig D1 in CSGO as scum.
#.) Agreeing with someone is not inherently scummy

i think your point about merk not voting you back or whatever also doesn't make any sense, because what scum goes "oh look. a case on me. i'm definitely going to vote this guy back for it because this won't catch anyone's attention" - i don't think that is alignment-telling either way

EXAKT Science posted:

Hmmm I don't think that's right. ##vote merk

this though is definitely bad and I would vote Exakt

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It would be an interesting gambit if I did what she said I did, which I didn't.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Check out kumba's relatively high placement on wall monitor's scum/town listing.

:catstare:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Like, I don't think we can fault a guy for a 'gut' read at this point. The people putting up fake justification or no justification for the vote are worse (i.e. Kumba, scary avatar guy).

This point is hilarious, not only because it's contradictory (a gut read is a read without justification by definition), but because merk can use this "reasoning" to call out literally anyone for any vote.

No justification? Scummy!
Justification? It's fake! Scummy!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

A gut read has justification: gut.
A fake justification read has fake justification.

Have you ever played mafia before?

A gut read has no justification beyond gut, was what I meant. It's called a gut read because you cannot justify it any other way. You said you can't fault someone for having a gut read, but then in the same sentence said the people who have no justification look worse. Those people are one and the same, was my point (aside from joke votes, like Exakt's bad vote).

Pinterest Mom posted:

I made the same point last page, why are you jumping on merk now?

Your post was not contradictory.

Rurea posted:

Shouldn't anybody be able to call people out for their votes, understand their reasoning, and come to a conclusion of their own? What is inherently bad about merk, or anyone else for that matter, being able to "call out literally anyone for any vote"? Best case scenario the person provides a legitimate explanation and further helps the town to root out scum. Worst case scenario is the person says its their "gut" or provides nothing and still provides the town with information regarding their possible alignment.

The problem with your reasoning is you assume merk, or anyone else, will automatically come to the conclusion that people are scummy for their votes. And if merk indeed does what you illustrated, I don't believe anyone would actually perceive that as someone legitimately scumhunting.

I admit I was probably reading too much into merk's post and I clearly need sleep, as really when it boils down to it I was making a pretty bad semantics argument and tunneling on the guy I think is scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

I looked through Kumba's posts and this is my favorite.

I am nothing if not humbly, brutally honest with my own shortcomings

I like your case on KB, would vote him. I would still vote Exakt but it's basically a lurker lynch at this point so eh, I'm feeling less great about that. Still totes down for merk. Gonna reread and think more.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm here but my vote is already where I want it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

He didn't say anything of use? Anything at all? Aside form that, this:

reads fake as hell to me. Also, why specifically ask Taste what he thinks? Is he your scumbuddy or something? KB's two posts today, combined with how hard he was pushing for merk yesterday, make him my leading contender for scum so far. ##vote King Burgundy

all of KB's posts so far this day sound totally fake, and the case on him was good yesterday, so yeah i agree

##vote kb

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Merk was super obviously not scum, he was playing a game, in this case trying to draw a cop investigation so he knew who to protect.

Seriously.

##vote: Kumba

are you insinuating that i was somehow supposed to know that he was a bodyguard, because lmao

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am playing counter-strike, come at me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Keane you're casing me for casing a dude you admit was being scummy

I am sorry I am demonstrably Not On Your Level but it's a huge pile of horseshit that I should have been able to recognize that he was doing it intentionally

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Kumba can you please tell me what you think about wall monitor?

D1 he read to me as typical newbie "aaaaaa what do I post", the only things that really stood out to me was that he voted merk without saying why and the weird (serious vote) thing he did when he voted hiip

I think the post he made today where he's waxing all sad about dr hurt being dead reads fake, I think it would be funny if he was scum and they decided to kill hurt because he didn't know how to act town in a mason doc

Rurea posted:

Nothing merk did was scummy in my opinion

okay well that's, like, your opinion, man. we disagreed, there's not anything more to it

Rurea posted:

I mean Rarity admitted that they entirely fabricated the case on merk

and again, I don't give a poo poo, because my case was not piggybacking on Rarity as I already said

CCKeane posted:

Merk played evasively, but yes.

I, and I imagine many others, tend to equate evasiveness with scumminess, so I don't understand why you're surprised I thought he was scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
he and KB would be at the top of my proverbial lumpenlist, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Can you articulate your case on KB?

I already did that and PMom summed it up better than I could have in the post right below yours, but after catching up I don't think he's scum anymore so the point is moot. That meltdown read as genuine frustration and subsequent posts are good

##unvote

I think TT is scum. He's obviously here and is posting quite a bit, yet I don't have any idea what he thinks about anyone other than KB since he's not provided much actual content. Observe:

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's not a joke, I'd like Poque to be voted off the island.

Says it's not a joke, never clarifies why.

This is TT's first (and only, except for a throwaway follow up) post referencing merk. Doesn't even say "gut" or "joke" or anything. Absolutely zero substance.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think this is a very odd question in context

Notice he doesn't say it's scummy, just says it's "odd"

I think it's scummy TT is so adamant about KB's alignment given the reasons provided. He's not basing his read off of content, his read is based off of the fact that KB is a flavor/role/cop cop:

Tremendous Taste posted:

kb isn't scum unless scum got a flavorcop

Tremendous Taste posted:

Again unless you think he is a scum rolecop you should not be voting kb

This is the kind of soft defense you push as scum trying to get cred from someone you know to be town. Then after these, he hedges like mad

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not sure this is inherently a town role but you were right so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, I meant to imply you'd be lying about that

What does him being right have anything to do with his alignment? Scum Rolecops are totally A Thing That Exist, for the precise reason that they can figure out who their high priority kill targets are. In a role madness game, scum rolecops would be even more likely I would think. And then Poque agrees that KB is town, and TT votes him for it:

Tremendous Taste posted:

lol

##vote poque

Following the poque vote, when asked by Poque:

Poque posted:

If that makes me scum, who am I trying to protect?

And then he votes for Rarity, one of the people Poque just referenced. You would think if he actually thought Poque was trying to "protect himself" like he just said and voted him for, he would have kept his vote there. But no, he votes Rarity immediately after Rarity votes wall monitor. Notice as well that TT has not mentioned or commented on WM at all.

For these reasons, TT is scum. ##vote TT

• Locked thread