Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amnistar posted:

I hate joke vote phase so I shall begin this with a game.

Randomly selected player: Atrocious Toaster

You have control of my vote until you use it poorly, the day ends, or I get back from my camping trip. Who should I vote for?

##vote Amnistar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The last time that Amnistar started a game off with a weird "game" for a random player, he turned out to be a Serial Killer.

##vote Amnistar

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't know if it's him faking content, being scum, or just being a buzzkill, but I don't like it, either.

##vote Amnistair

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, and on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't know if it's him faking content, being scum, or just being a buzzkill, but I don't like it, either.

##vote Amnistair

:holymoley:
##vote pmush

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True and Real posted:

Amni, I believe this would make your 100th game, according to VF. :toot:

Hmph! Hang in there. You did great! I'm proud of you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will vote anyone who is voting for amnistar, for reals

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will vote anyone who is voting for amnistar, for reals

Go on! Do it!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Amnistair

How is it faking content or being a buzzkill? There's a lot of things you could call Amnistair's move but these just sound made up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

weekly font posted:

How is it faking content or being a buzzkill? There's a lot of things you could call Amnistair's move but these just sound made up.

How would you describe Amnistar's post?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Meinberg posted:

The last time that Amnistar started a game off with a weird "game" for a random player, he turned out to be a Serial Killer.

##vote Amnistar

This is true. I did do this thing. Of course the time before that when I did this game I was town. And the time before that I was scum....and the time before that...

Yea, this is just how I play day 1.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Regardless of how you feel about Amni, look at pmush's post. That's someone who is reaching (very far!) to justify a vote.

Listing "faking content" and "is scum" as two different items!!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Occam's razor, he just wanted to jump on the rolling start train

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think a simple vote + rolling start would be scummy. The presence and quality of the justification is what pings me.

(Pmush is a she.)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Somberbrero posted:

Lazy. Someone who wants to go away for a while then have an easy source of info to mine without reading. It's a poopy post but the reaction was worse.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

weekly font posted:

Lazy. Someone who wants to go away for a while then have an easy source of info to mine without reading. It's a poopy post but the reaction was worse.

Technically being a buzzkill could be considered accurate based on the fact that you consider it a 'poopy post'. I'm curious about this comment though weekly.

How am I going to get information without reading based off of my post?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Amnistar posted:

Technically being a buzzkill could be considered accurate based on the fact that you consider it a 'poopy post'. I'm curious about this comment though weekly.

How am I going to get information without reading based off of my post?

Actually, I'd consider "buzzkill" to be accurate in that it ended jokephase but jokephase is bad anyway. It's a poop post because it's lazy and it doesn't do anything but muddle the mixture. What were you actually trying to get out of your experiment?

I should have been a bit more clear on "without reading" and realized that after I posted it. You get to come back and see the results of your little game and mine info without having to read the entirety of D1. You're giving yourself a focus to narrow in on but announcing it to the game which I don't see a need for.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

weekly font posted:

Actually, I'd consider "buzzkill" to be accurate in that it ended jokephase but jokephase is bad anyway. It's a poop post because it's lazy and it doesn't do anything but muddle the mixture. What were you actually trying to get out of your experiment?

I should have been a bit more clear on "without reading" and realized that after I posted it. You get to come back and see the results of your little game and mine info without having to read the entirety of D1. You're giving yourself a focus to narrow in on but announcing it to the game which I don't see a need for.

The purpose of my post is exactly what it did. Forcing the end of jokevotes (or at least, bringing some of the game out of jokevotes). I also get to apply pressure in some way to a player and see how they react. In this case I'll get to see how Atrocious Toaster will react.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So exactly what I said. But even though I thought in a vacuum it was lazy I think the reaction to it from PM was scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Joke phase is like 75% of why I play Mafia. :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

The purpose of my post is exactly what it did. Forcing the end of jokevotes (or at least, bringing some of the game out of jokevotes). I also get to apply pressure in some way to a player and see how they react. In this case I'll get to see how Atrocious Toaster will react.

Piccolo, what do you gain by explaining your gambit? Have you not fundamentally broken it by explaining your aims?

I'm Goku.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

True and Real posted:

Piccolo, what do you gain by explaining your gambit? Have you not fundamentally broken it by explaining your aims?

I'm Goku.

Ah Goku, you must understand. Though you are strong you lack the subtelty of a true warrior. The knowledge of my 'gambit' does not prevent it from happening. In fact the knowledwge that I am judging his reaction and applying pressure to get it only increases because of his knowledge.

An aside from that, the reactions of the thread have already shown that the 'gambit' has proved fruitful.

-Piccolo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Poison Mushroom posted:

Joke phase is like 75% of why I play Mafia. :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Ah Goku, you must understand. Though you are strong you lack the subtelty of a true warrior. The knowledge of my 'gambit' does not prevent it from happening. In fact the knowledwge that I am judging his reaction and applying pressure to get it only increases because of his knowledge.

An aside from that, the reactions of the thread have already shown that the 'gambit' has proved fruitful.

-Piccolo

Piccolo, I'll never understand you! You subvert the stated goals of your actions by explaining them and thus remove any chance of a genuine reaction test. Whatever they do, it will now be calculated! As to your secondary goal, you're basically moving us from namek back to earth in pulling us from jokephase at the expense of dragging Freiza with us in that the content will be useless. Trunks and his sword of scum hunting are not yet ready. I thought you had repented but I see you're still a grumpy old man.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm Goku.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Who the gently caress is Trunks?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

It's p. shameful that you signed up for this game without knowing your smt lore.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Ka...me...Haa...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ernie, if you had to vig someone right now who would it be and why?

At the time of this post you made I would've vigged Bowmore to give him freedom from a game he doesn't want to play.

Now, though:

Big Nothing posted:

Occam's razor, he just wanted to jump on the rolling start train

This is more content than Big Nothing has provided in entire other games.

##vote Big Nothing

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

*20 minutes flashback sequence*

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's p. shameful that you signed up for this game without knowing your smt lore.

yea, sorry. I've seen videos about the paranoia games?

Also, I thought we were talking Dragon Ball.

Still want to know who trunks is.

True and Real posted:

Piccolo, I'll never understand you! You subvert the stated goals of your actions by explaining them and thus remove any chance of a genuine reaction test. Whatever they do, it will now be calculated! As to your secondary goal, you're basically moving us from namek back to earth in pulling us from jokephase at the expense of dragging Freiza with us in that the content will be useless. Trunks and his sword of scum hunting are not yet ready. I thought you had repented but I see you're still a grumpy old man.

Calculated content is still content that can be analyzed later. If the player in question is scum, their content will be calculated anyway, by neccessity. If the player in question is town, then the content will not be calculated, and even knowing the purpose of the question they should still answer honestly.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Rarity you could jokevote me! I'm not convinced you'll voe for me otherwise :v:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hal still hasn't voted for anyone voting Amnistar.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The first person to tell me what is up with EXAKT's supreme awkwardness wins my vote. Hopefully Amnistar so that we keep shuffling vote control around until everyone has a single vote again.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT has a scummy meta :shrug:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

EXAKT has a scummy meta :shrug:

Uhh maybe I'm just confused then, because the meta I have in my head of them is 'reasonable and sneaky person'.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Every game I've been in with exakt, he gets discussed as a serious wolf candidate day one because so many of his posts are awkward and ill-reasoned. It's his curse~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm Goku.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ernie. posted:

The first person to tell me what is up with EXAKT's supreme awkwardness wins my vote. Hopefully Amnistar so that we keep shuffling vote control around until everyone has a single vote again.

cause he's maf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Trunks is my favourite.

• Locked thread