Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The only new person I know is CC Keane. I hear he's never played mafia before.

Someone should invite him to his first game of mafia. He doesn't know what he's missing out on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I tried to emulate your scum hunting style in a game recently MMM. It did not go well. I was a lynch candidate every day from D1 until D4 when I finally got lynched.

I believed you though :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who needs other people? I'm gonna be my own hype girl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Who needs other people? I'm gonna be my own hype girl

Aw yeah!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dugong posted:

I thought this game was about ninjas what the gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ernie, if you had to vig someone right now who would it be and why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no one I want to throw a jokephase vote on this game :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh it's late and I'm tired and I start work early on Saturdays why can't you guys still be in jokephase? :argh:

EXAKT Science posted:

Rarity you could jokevote me! I'm not convinced you'll voe for me otherwise :v:

I still think you were town in Utopfia :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AtrociousToaster posted:

Hmm, if this is something you do in games regardless of being scum or town like you said, then really the only thing that seems scummy to me so far is the people immediately jumping on voting you for saying this. I don't have a strong feeling towards any of them specifically at the moment though. I'll just go with Somber since he was first.

##vote Somberbrero

This is far scummier than any of the people who actually voted for Amni

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every game I've been in with exakt, he gets discussed as a serious wolf candidate day one because so many of his posts are awkward and ill-reasoned. It's his curse~

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd like to amend this.

If I had a vig, I'd shoot Exakt.

This combo of posts really rubs me the wrong way. ##vote PMom

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

haha just a wacky vote no reason behind it, let me further distance myself from it :cheeky:

Somber is making good points about Hal and they are good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quidnose, what do you think of the posts I quoted from PMom?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rarity, what do you think about this exchange from Mega Man Mafia:

I get that you think you've caught me in a contradictory opinion about Exakt, but the tension between thinking Exakt has a scummy meta and nonetheless voting for him D1 is something I've thought about and commented on before.

I think you make a fair point ##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

Scum players just post filler

Well this isn't true. I want to vote Mills now but Utopfia :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

I don't know what happened in Utopfia. Tell me!

I am just giving the wisdom of my many years of mafia service. <:mad:>

Somber said scum never aggressively scumhunt (again, totally not true) and I tunnelled on him for that and was way wrong

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I keep missing the spending opportunities so now I'm not spending any of my money ever.

I'm going to wallpaper my house with it.

Same here, run one between 10pm-1am UK time Chic :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So why are people voting Somber? I'm not sensing scum vibes from him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

this case

Nah, I don't buy it. I can see how he'd be impressed with your effort.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think this is the best vote I can make today.

##vote Toaster

I'm not liking Mills's posts on this page. I think he's jumping on something really minor in an effort to turn it into a major deal and that's far scummier to me than the post he's talking about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Who do you think is scummier, Rar - Mills or me?

Mills, you already saw I retracted my suspicion on you.

bowmore posted:

yeah man Mills is so scummy *votes toaster*

What?

It's 4 hrs till deadline and there's been zero heat on Mills so far. A push for him isn't going anywhere. Toaster is the scummiest of the viable lynch candidates today so he gets my vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

But Mills and I are pursuing the same line of argument right now.

I went back and checked your original case. I think your case is scummy but that doesn't clear Mills because all he's doing is taking your case and pushing it as his own and that's scummy too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you unretracting your suspicion of me then?

I thought that was clear by saying your case was scummy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I do admit that my contribution in this game has been weak. Modding Fantastic Four has taken a lot out of me even though it's not directly playing mafia and so far I'd been investing my play time in my other game because all the JRPG/anime stuff makes zero sense to me so I've found large chunks of this thread completely impenetrable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

Rarity:

I specifically didn't say I thought your posts made you scum. I just gave my assessment of your posts, and I note that you don't disagree with me.

I'd like to know your opinion on Somb's post above where he seems to avoid my direct questions to him and instead says I've specifically come after you with the assumption that you are scum and bent your posting history to support that theory.

Well I was under the impression you thought I was scum as well so I can see how he'd think that. That said, I think you're right that he's overstating the thought that's gone into my posts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

Point taken on your first sentence. And I'm glad you agree on the second. One more follow-up. How do you view his obvious refusal to answer my very simply-worded direct question?

It wouldn't have been hard to bullshit an answer to your questions, I think that means Somber's reaction is genuine because it's not overthought.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ernie. posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote capps

everyone look in your hearts and ask yourselves if this is the kind of thing capps would actually say or if he's just saying it to sound like capps flavor-guessing

Yes this is exactly the kind of thing capps would actually say.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Little Mac posted:

I get it now but the implication was we should have known yesterday. Just because my role pm says neutral doesn't scream two scum teams ya know?

This post reads very fake to me. Dropping the mention of his role pm doesn't sound like a natural reaction.

##vote Little Mac

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True and Real posted:

I think Mills, as scum, would not call you town if you weren't town. You could be from the other scum team but I'm coming around.

Let's analyze the Ernie vote together, tithin.

I find the amount of buddying up to tithin here very suspicious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm also down with a Met lynch. His scheme to sell his vote on D1 allowed him to avoid putting forward his own opinions and he's spent a lot of time talking about setup instead of scum hunting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True and Real posted:

Felt more like Mills trying to gain credit with a town player so as to increase his hang purchasing power.

I'm rereading Mills now so I'll get back to you on that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True and Real posted:

Felt more like Mills trying to gain credit with a town player so as to increase his hang purchasing power.

I'm not so sure. From what I know Mills plays very loyal to his scum team, I wouldn't automatically rule tithin out just cause Mills called him town. And there's always the possibility that he's Chaos scum instead.

True and Real posted:

You talked about Ernie there but you didn't say how you felt about him or lynching him. Did you check out what I said about the dude? I think it's a decent case.

I was more talking about capps than Ernie. I don't have any real read on Ernie right now but I'll check him out either after work or tomorrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I gave Ernie a read and this is what's giving me my strongest suspicion

Ernie. posted:

hmmm

hmmmmmmmmmm

##bid 50000

We saw with Taste that he rushed in to spend his macca as quickly as possible to keep benefits from town and I can see this being the same deal. After I eat I'll have a look at the other people who spent big on D1 and see how they match with my current thoughts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

May I please be replaced. I was just made redundant and as such am not in the mental space to play mafia.

Sorry to hear that dude :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

a town player should bid as much as they can in order to keep the advantage in the hands of town
a scum player should bid as much as they can in order to keep the advantage in the hands of scum

it's a null tell

...Touché.

What's the actual case on Ernie?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dr. Hurt how would you like to play a game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

I love games.

It's called mafia, you should try it some time :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But seriously, I don't like this run of posts from Hurt at all. He's just asking a bunch of easy questions instead of making the effort to case people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

Rarity I thought you actually had a question for me and now I'm sort of disappointed.

It's ok, i'm disappointed in you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

I still would like to know why you chose the 90's.

I am just trying to get myself into this game/start at least a little bit of conversation since conversation seems to be sort of dead.

Then maybe stop talking about the 90s?

##vote Hurt

• Locked thread